Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Should Haye Fight First?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ROLL DEEP
Now he's pursuing a career at heavyweight, who do you think a good first opponent should be?

Monte Barret? Toney? Rahman?
JLUVBABY
Haye needs to fight odleander solis...
Mean Mister Mustard
Well the top 10 looks like this

WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO 51-3 (45)
-SAMUEL PETER 30-1 (23)
-RUSLAN CHAGAEV 24-0-1 (17)
-NICOLAY VALUEV 48-1 (34)
-ALEXANDER POVETKIN 15-0 (11)
-SULTAN IBRAGIMOV 22-1-1 (17)
-OLEG MASKAEV 34-6 (26)
-VLADIMIR VIRCHIS 24-1 (20)
-JOHN RUIZ 43-7-1 (29)
CHRIS ARREOLA

Arreola is not a big name and he can whack so Haye should leave him alone for a while. Then you got Yawny, who will most likely beat Valuev this time around so Haye could fight him. But then you come across Maskaev, I think that's a good start at Heavyweight, Maskaev is no Tyson, he's slow yet big. I think this would be a good indictation of what he can do at Heavyweight.
thehype
I think he should fight anyone that he can blast out of there and make a statement against.

Personally, I prefer Sultan Ibragimov since Wladimir looked horrible against him. I don't think Haye will have any problems whatsoever looking good against the former champ.
gods son
Galota or Oleg?
Col Reb
What about Joe Mesi? Is that guy still fighting? That would be a good first win at HW for Haye.
dj necrogenic
Jameel McCline, Monte Barrett, or Calvin Brock
D-MARV
He could make more money if he kept it in England!!!!
Danny Williams, Fraudley Harrison, or Sportt
gods son
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 18 2008, 04:06 PM) [snapback]396262[/snapback]
He could make more money if he kept it in England!!!!
Danny Williams, Fraudley Harrison, or Sportt

its not about the money with haye, he wants a top ten fighter, and stay away from the circus animals..audley, wills and skelton
D-MARV
QUOTE(gods son @ Jul 18 2008, 05:23 PM) [snapback]396263[/snapback]
its not about the money with haye, he wants a top ten fighter, and stay away from the circus animals..audley, wills and skelton

I think Danny Williams would be a good test for Haye! Danny will bring the fight to him and really test Haye!
I would like to see what would happen if Haye unleashed everything he had and Danny kept coming! That would be a helluva fight for how ever long it lasted!
salvador
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 18 2008, 05:41 PM) [snapback]396267[/snapback]
I think Danny Williams would be a good test for Haye!

I think that fight makes sense. They could sell it in England and if he can't ko a slow, past it Williams, he'll never have a chance against the big hws like Wlad or Peter.
dj necrogenic
If Haye is looking to make a name for himself he better get his ass to the US and fight over here, if he wants to fight on the British Circuit its not going to do him any good
MarzB
The fight will be in England. Haye signed a deal to have his next I forget the number of fights to occur at the o2 Arena in London.

I agree with DJ's choices save that I think Brock is on medical suspension.

Make the fight with Barrett. Even Greg Leon can't fuk this one up. Easy fight to make, Barret is decent and they can have this in time for the supposed September date.

gods son
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 18 2008, 04:41 PM) [snapback]396267[/snapback]
I think Danny Williams would be a good test for Haye! Danny will bring the fight to him and really test Haye!
I would like to see what would happen if Haye unleashed everything he had and Danny kept coming! That would be a helluva fight for how ever long it lasted!

bro, did u watch the fight tonight with danny? and the two before that? He has no head movement! Haye would slaughter him down at this stage.
D-MARV
QUOTE(gods son @ Jul 18 2008, 08:02 PM) [snapback]396282[/snapback]
bro, did u watch the fight tonight with danny? and the two before that? He has no head movement! Haye would slaughter him down at this stage.

No i didnt see Danny's fight tonight!!!! And I dont know how you base your opinion when david Haye has been fighting B level crusierweights in his latest fights???

Im sure Haye would win a fight with Danny but I would like to see how he would respond against someone bigger than him applies the pressure!
D-MARV
Skelton would also be a strong test for Haye. I wouldn't be surprise to see skelton beat Haye!

I definitely agree that he should fight a US fighter though! Anyone but Cliff Couser!! I heard his name brought up. But everyone who fights him KOs him in 2 rounds!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.