Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Dark Knight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
CyruS
Just got back in from the midnight screenings, (I couldn't resist, I know I'll feel it in a few hours...)

All I have to say is wow. It's every bit as good as the reviewers were saying it was.

Aaron Eckhart the guy that plays Harvey Dent gives a great performance but Health Ledger's Joker was tremendous ("I'm going to make this pencil disappear" laugh.gif and ohmy.gif ) , no other word to put it.

Yes, this movie is everything they say it is. I gotta see it again and then get a bootleg laugh.gif
Al Hata
QUOTE(CyruS @ Jul 18 2008, 03:39 AM) [snapback]396201[/snapback]
Health Ledger's Joker was tremendous ("I'm going to make this pencil disappear" laugh.gif and ohmy.gif ) , no other word to put it.

I agree 100%. That scene was awsome.

Mean Mister Mustard
I saw the 6 minute preview and was heartbroken when "That guy" WILLIAM FICHTNER was killed in the start of the film. This has dissuaded me from seeing the movie.
Bazooka Limon
Batman had to be one of the best movies I have seen in the past couple of years. Health Ledger should be given an oscar for his role as the joker
Bill The Butcher
I agree. The movie was great.

Heath Ledger stole the show. He was brilliant as the Joker. Definitely worthy of an oscar nomination.

Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent did a really good job as well.

I'm going to be disappointed the day they announce that Nolan and Bale quit making these Batman movies. Great directing.
KookedKrack
This was the jokers movie, even when the fucker wasnt on screen you'd be waiting for his next and probably crazier scene.

"To prepare for his role as the Joker, Heath Ledger lived alone in a hotel room for a month, formulating the character's psychology, posture and voice (the last one he found most difficult to do). He started a diary, in which he wrote the Joker's thoughts and feelings to guide himself during his performance. He was also given Alan Moore's comic "Batman: The Killing Joke" and "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth" to read. Ledger also took inspiration from A Clockwork Orange (1971)'s Alex and Sid Vicious."

And how he would change the scar story depending on the situation overall great movie and prob the best comic book film
imperial
Jack Nicholsons' Joker can't hold a candle to Heath's !!
D-MARV
Heath Ledger put on a legendary performance...

But I gave the movie a B. I didn't think it was great but it was a really good movie. The guy that played BatMan sucked! he was probably the worst BatMan in the whole series! I look foward to the next installment.
Bill The Butcher
I think Christian Bale is the best Bruce Wayne/Batman. Michael Keaton was good, but I think Bale is better. A lot of people can't stand his voice when he wears the Bat suit, but in my opinion it is realistic. He has to disguise his voice. And plus he wants to sound intimidating, and be feared by criminals.

I also think Jack Nicholson is capable of portraying a more pyschopathic Joker the way Heath Ledger did. Maybe not exact, but just as good in a different kind of way. You have to remember, the time the first Batman was made, the direction of Tim Burton, and the screenplay.

But I do agree. Heath Ledger played the better Joker.
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(Bazooka Limon @ Jul 19 2008, 10:16 PM) [snapback]396350[/snapback]
Batman had to be one of the best movies I have seen in the past couple of years. Health Ledger should be given an oscar for his role as the joker

You know he died... right?
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Jul 20 2008, 10:40 PM) [snapback]396430[/snapback]
I think Christian Bale is the best Bruce Wayne/Batman. Michael Keaton was good, but I think Bale is better. A lot of people can't stand his voice when he wears the Bat suit, but in my opinion it is realistic. He has to disguise his voice. And plus he wants to sound intimidating, and be feared by criminals.

I also think Jack Nicholson is capable of portraying a more pyschopathic Joker the way Heath Ledger did. Maybe not exact, but just as good in a different kind of way. You have to remember, the time the first Batman was made, the direction of Tim Burton, and the screenplay.

But I do agree. Heath Ledger played the better Joker.

I personally think Bale sucks as Bruce Wayne/Batman....and in large part due to the Sgt. Slaughter Wrestling voice he gives Batman. Keaton is the end all be all Bruce Wayne IMHO. The voice thing was even more pronounced than it was in the last movie.

But overall...I did like this film leaps and bounds over the last one....I thought Nolan did a terrible job with the Scarecrow...good to see he did not make the same mistake with the Joker or Two-Face for that matter.

As for the Jokers....I like BOTH...but they are sort of like comparing apples and oranges....the one thing really missing from Ledger's Joker.....well.....are the jokes? I think you could take Jack's and Ledgers and blend them to get a perfect Joker. Jack's was more of the older versions we had seen in the comics and whatnot...while Ledger's version is closer to Frank Millers or Moore's ultra violent version.

MUCH better than the last one....for once I agree with the hoopla....everybody spoke so highly of the last one...and I was always in the minority thinking it really was not all that good. For me....this film made up for that one.

My boggest complaint though....and I thought it in the first Nolan one....and it was even worse in this one.....using Chicago as Gotham is TERRIBLE! I HATE Nolan's bland "Gotham".

BGv2.0
:0
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jul 22 2008, 03:18 PM) [snapback]396712[/snapback]
I personally think Bale sucks as Bruce Wayne/Batman....and in large part due to the Sgt. Slaughter Wrestling voice he gives Batman. Keaton is the end all be all Bruce Wayne IMHO. The voice thing was even more pronounced than it was in the last movie.

But overall...I did like this film leaps and bounds over the last one....I thought Nolan did a terrible job with the Scarecrow...good to see he did not make the same mistake with the Joker or Two-Face for that matter.

As for the Jokers....I like BOTH...but they are sort of like comparing apples and oranges....the one thing really missing from Ledger's Joker.....well.....are the jokes? I think you could take Jack's and Ledgers and blend them to get a perfect Joker. Jack's was more of the older versions we had seen in the comics and whatnot...while Ledger's version is closer to Frank Millers or Moore's ultra violent version.

MUCH better than the last one....for once I agree with the hoopla....everybody spoke so highly of the last one...and I was always in the minority thinking it really was not all that good. For me....this film made up for that one.

My boggest complaint though....and I thought it in the first Nolan one....and it was even worse in this one.....using Chicago as Gotham is TERRIBLE! I HATE Nolan's bland "Gotham".

I agree, I didn't think the first one was all that either. And about Bale's voice, I know Batman is supposed to disguise his voice but he can do so without having to sound like a guy who's been puffing cigarettes for 30 years.
Bazooka Limon
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jul 22 2008, 01:46 PM) [snapback]396693[/snapback]
You know he died... right?

I know he died, but I can still get a nomination & win.
imperial
As far as Bale's voice as Batman I have no problem with it ..Matter of fact he suggested to play Batman in a much darker role ..I applaud what he has done with one of the greatest super hero's of our time..One of my favroite parts of the movie is when he drops Eric Roberts off a balcony ..Tell me that wasn't Gangsta huh tell me it wasn't ! laugh.gif
BGv2.0
QUOTE(imperial @ Jul 23 2008, 10:51 AM) [snapback]396787[/snapback]
As far as Bale's voice as Batman I have no problem with it ..Matter of fact he suggested to play Batman in a much darker role ..I applaud what he has done with one of the greatest super hero's of our time..One of my favroite parts of the movie is when he drops Eric Roberts off a balcony ..Tell me that wasn't Gangsta huh tell me it wasn't ! laugh.gif

Darker is fine.....but sounding as if you are a 50 year smoker that just got finished screaming the entire set list at a Sammy Hagar concert is a little extreame! lol

You know....Keaton did the same thing, it only makes sense that Batman would have to hide his true voice....but it's the degree to which Bale does it that makes it way over the top.

and NOTHING tops Daredevil for sheer "gangsta" tactics.....leaving that dude on the subway tracks just because he felt like it...and mocking him as the train is coming! That's hardcore!
Al Hata
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jul 23 2008, 01:01 PM) [snapback]396797[/snapback]
Darker is fine.....but sounding as if you are a 50 year smoker that just got finished screaming the entire set list at a Sammy Hagar concert is a little extreame! lol

You know....Keaton did the same thing, it only makes sense that Batman would have to hide his true voice....but it's the degree to which Bale does it that makes it way over the top.

and NOTHING tops Daredevil for sheer "gangsta" tactics.....leaving that dude on the subway tracks just because he felt like it...and mocking him as the train is coming! That's hardcore!

I think Bale makes a solid Bruce Wayne and his Batman is much improved from Batman Begins.
imperial
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Jul 23 2008, 02:47 PM) [snapback]396810[/snapback]
I think Bale makes a solid Bruce Wayne and his Batman is much improved from Batman Begins.

Agreed .
KookedKrack
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc
Method
You can be nominated for, and win, the academy award post-humously. I think out of the six post-humous nominations (including James Dean), only one has won (and it was not James Dean).

ROLL DEEP
I watched it last night.

What a great film. Ledger is amazing as the joker. I wish there were more scenes showing the joker being all fucked up and wierd.

I agree with some of you about Bales voice.....it seems a little corny at times, but on the whole, a brilliant film. Ledger played the joker brilliantly. I actually believed he was pretty crazy.

The pencil scene was awesome laugh.gif

The guy who played 2 face was spot on too. Great performance from him.....is that what the next one will be about?
BGv2.0
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Jul 28 2008, 03:03 AM) [snapback]397629[/snapback]
The guy who played 2 face was spot on too. Great performance from him.....is that what the next one will be about?

No they pretty well killed him off in this one. I really doubt they will do another Joker with Ledger's spectacular performance. I myself would like to see a properly done Bane story line.

Nolan is a director that likes to take a gritty realistic approach to his version of Batman....He's already killed off Two-Face, and used The Scarecrow twice and used the Joker. The bad thing about Batman is that the rest of his Rouges gallery teeter on the supernatural. With guys like Man-Bat, Killer Croc and Clayface. Then you have some of his other well known villians that seem just kind of silly and out of Nolan's range.....like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy or the Riddler.

Nolan needs dark, vile material. I think he could do a great Bane story. Then there is the lesser known, yet very dark Black Mask storyline.

But I'm not sure how well those would sell....he managed to pull a rabbit out of his hat by using Raul's Al Ghul in his first one....which I HATED....but most people seemed to like....so maybe he could do that again with another lesser known villian.

I think Nolan needs to do a proper Bane. That's what I'm rooting for.

Same thing with Superman....I'm so sick of Lex Luthor I could puke coat hangers! I did not like this last one due to that same old BS villian......don't get me wrong Spacey made an excellent Lex....but it all had a been there done that feel to it.

I'd like to see either Darksied, Doomsday, Braniac or Bazzaro.....ANYBODY other than Lex Luthor!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.