Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview/Post Comments: FightNight Silva vs. Irvin
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Jack 1000
For all comments about tonight's UFC Fight Night Card.

Jack

Administrator
AussieLad
Very interested to see whether the weight move effects Silva. Irvin can bang, a powerful striker, but i still see the spider picking him apart and choking him out
The CEO
Did I just see what I saw?

Silva caught the kick, delivered a perfect right hand counter, banged him out, and left Irvin with a big ass smile under his right eye....

That was beautiful....beat him like he was a God Damn child....
kidbazooka1
Thats the difference bewtween Silva and everyone else he doesn't just beat you he rearranges your f*cking face.

I also thought the weight might play a difference in the fight because unlike boxing where weight classes are separated within 5 pounds a 20 pound jump is a pretty big deal yet Anderson totaly destroyed Irvin to solidify his claim as the p4p king.

I think Anderson takes out everyone at 205lb aswell.
kidbazooka1
Fedor despite being good at what he does fights like a tough man his striking technqiue is horrible and looks very amatuerish on his feet. Anderson on thet other hand stikes like a real athlete his technqiue is beautiful and his bjj is awesome.

Fedor is a good fighter but not as great as Silva.
basicjab
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jul 20 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]396400[/snapback]
Fedor despite being good at what he does fights like a tough man his striking technqiue is horrible and looks very amatuerish on his feet. Anderson on thet other hand stikes like a real athlete his technqiue is beautiful and his bjj is awesome.

Fedor is a good fighter but not as great as Silva.

Seeing how Silva completely spanked Irvin like a girl, it is possible Silva and Fedor meet if they both continue winning. Of the two, Silva is more skill and well rounded, but the size difference and power could be the difference nevertheless. I love watching Silva, so deadly and yet does it with such ease. He is just a class above everyone else.
BigG
Forrest Griffin would have no chance against Anderson Silva IMO.. but thats only if Andersons in shape..unlike Shogun and Rampage.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 21 2008, 12:21 AM) [snapback]396438[/snapback]
Forrest Griffin would have no chance against Anderson Silva IMO.. but thats only if Andersons in shape..unlike Shogun and Rampage.

George you'll never see Anderson out of shape and as for a fight with Griffin Silva would destroy him with ease.

Fedor has been hurt several times agianst mediocre fighters. Andersons skills are above eveyone's else's in the sport true Fedor has that power but Silva has shown an exceptional chin throughtout his career. Silva's speed and accuracy would be too much for Fedor.
Warlord
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jul 21 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]396456[/snapback]
Fedor has been hurt several times agianst mediocre fighters.

Who?

Andersons skills are above eveyone's else's in the sport
Anderson Silva's skills aren't even better than Georges St. Pierre's or BJ Penn's, let alone Fedor's.

true Fedor has that power but Silva has shown an exceptional chin throughtout his career.

And an exceptional ability to get himself submitted by c-calibre Japanese fighters.

Silva's speed and accuracy would be too much for Fedor.

Mirko Cro-cop couldn't knock Fedor out standing, and Nogueira couldn't submit him on the ground. What makes you think Anderson Silva would EVER have a prayer at doing something neither of those guys could do?

You TUF noobs need to take a step back and think before you start making these statements.
BigG
Anderson Silva is a totall badass but he cant take Fedor IMO.

Make Wanderlei vs Anderson next!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jul 21 2008, 05:57 AM) [snapback]396468[/snapback]
Who?

Anderson Silva's skills aren't even better than Georges St. Pierre's or BJ Penn's, let alone Fedor's.

And an exceptional ability to get himself submitted by c-calibre Japanese fighters.
Mirko Cro-cop couldn't knock Fedor out standing, and Nogueira couldn't submit him on the ground. What makes you think Anderson Silva would EVER have a prayer at doing something neither of those guys could do?

You TUF noobs need to take a step back and think before you start making these statements.

Listen up buddy Im no TUF noob I actualy can't stand the f*cking show and the hype job they do on the fighters. I've been follwoing this sport since the first Pride show back in 97'. Im a huge fan of Anderson ever since his chute box days. True he got submitted by some japanese fighters but from the rumors that I have heard many of fights back in pride where fixed and Anderson was a completley different fighter from what he is today.

Now as for Fedor never being hurt well I reccomend you watch the Fujita fight where Fedor was f*cking wobbling all over the place unitl fujita gassed himself out.

Anyone here who hasn't see nfedor and Silva fight I suggest you take a look a video of both of them and tell me which guy looks like the more complete well schooled fighter. Fedor hits hard but the guy has horrible f*cking technique he's sloppy with his strikes. Anderson throws straight pin point accurate punches and vicous knees.

Now if your sereously telling me that GSP and Penn have better skills than Anderson than you must be the f*ckimg TUF noob. Penn hit Sherk with everything but the kitchen sink and still couldn't put him away unitl the 3rd rd whne he cought him with the knee and as for GSP he got KTFO agianst Serra yes be won the rematch but that fight showed that GSP can not take a punch agianst a hard hitter.

Anderson is without adoubt the most accurate striker and has one punch knock out power whne he hits he hurts and we he has you hurt he finshes you in brutal fashion.

take a look at the Hendo fight Rampage went 5 hard rds with him Hendo Anderson schooled his ass within 2rds.

I know my sh*t so if anyone's the noob here it's you pal.
pastor method
kidbazooka, you're making some good points about striking technique but you're making it sound like it's the only technique that matters. remember travis lutter scored sloppy takedowns and got mount against silva not long ago... silva's wrestling technique is worse than fedor's striking technique.

the fight will not happen but if it did, fedor is a strong heavyweight and silva is an average sized middleweight, so...

biggeorge, i hear people saying shogun and rampage were out of shape so much. granted, shogun looked preposterously gassed, but don't you think that forrest's size, strength, conditioning and fast pace had anything to do with those two getting tired? i doubt rampage would have lasted 5 hard fought, neck and neck round with forrest if he wasn't in shape. forrest put it on him with a quick pace and plenty of leg kicks, rampage struggled with that. (i actually scored the fight for rampage, could have gone either way, but i just don't buy the 'out of shape' excuse)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.