Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fedor rocks and chokes Sylvia out in 36 seconds.
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
The CEO
I just saw this on a choppy stream so I can't tell what exactly happened....but WOW.
Warlord
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 19 2008, 11:31 PM) [snapback]396356[/snapback]
I just saw this on a choppy stream so I can't tell what exactly happened....but WOW.

Fedor fucked Timmy up on his feet, nearly taking his head off with a sick uppercut, before choking him out like a bitch.

I don't see how it's even up for debate who the best fighter on the planet is right now. Fedor OWNED one of the UFC's -snickers- most dominant heavyweight champions in history, and he did it like Timmy was an amateur.
JD
I don't know a whole lot about MMA, though I do watch from time to time and I have seen most anyone worth their salt fight at some point.

That said, I really don't see how Fedor loses to Couture...he would mangle him in my limited opinion.
The CEO
Fedor is clearly #1, and Silva deserves to be #2.....for those who think it should be vice versa, look at it like this...Silva moved up in weight and annhilated a good fighter in impressive fashion in 1 minute....it was awesome.....but Fedor took on a noticeably better fighter in Sylvia and did the same thing in only HALF a minute....

I'm tellin' ya....I watched a clear video of what Fedor did this morning, and I can't get over the accurate and controlled ferocity Fedor displayed last night....the man hasn't missed a step...in fact, he may even be BETTER than he was when he was really active in Pride.....which is fucking SCARY.

Yeah....Sylvia is a knock kneed goof and all....but his resume, size, and striking has to be respected. NOBODY thought Fedor would take it to him that strong standing up (Sylvia's forte) and finish him THAT quick....he might have made The Statement of The Year in MMA with that performance....

Here it is if it's still up....Punishment School.
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 20 2008, 08:44 AM) [snapback]396373[/snapback]
That said, I really don't see how Fedor loses to Couture...he would mangle him in my limited opinion.

Most definitely....I'm thinking Couture would have less than a 10% chance....

I like Randy, and I don't wanna see him get murdered....but if that fight comes off, and the odds are good enough...I will bet a large chunk of dough on Fedor.

I'm talking like Down Payment + Closing Costs type dough...
monzo
THE LAST EMPEROR + MEGADEATH!
PERFECT! what a night!

fedor is definitely #1 p4p fighter
BigG
Fedor's the best fighter in the world but I gotta be honest about Sylvia, I've always thought Sylvia was just an overrated, overhyped medicore fighter..
Warlord
Agree with all you guys. Fedor is just sick, and the informed consensus is that he is STILL the number one fighter in the world, without doubt.

Now let's wait for Aussielad to bring his TUF noob-ass here and argue otherwise.
Warlord
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 20 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]396436[/snapback]
Fedor's the best fighter in the world but I gotta be honest about Sylvia, I've always thought Sylvia was just an overrated, overhyped medicore fighter..

Sylvia, actually, has always been a little underrated. He's fat and ugly and goofy, and everyone hates his guts with a passion, including myself. This tends to lead people to scoff at Tim, and call him a garbage fighter. Timmy's record speaks for it's self though, he's beat alot of good fighters, and alot of (idiotic) people were picking him to beat Fedor, or at the very least, challenge him.

Let's give credit where it is due. Tim Sylvia is no James Irvin, Sylvia is one of the UFC's most dominant heavyweight champions in history. (LOL.) Fedor owned him like a bitch and should get all the credit in the world for it.
BigG
It's a quality win, no doubt...but Sylvia was such an average champ, avrages skills, fat (IMHO) and Fedor dominated him like the best P4P should have...with ease.
basicjab
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 22 2008, 04:02 AM) [snapback]396612[/snapback]
fat (IMHO)

LOL. It is not a matter of opinion, he is fat, that is a fact.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 20 2008, 08:57 AM) [snapback]396375[/snapback]
Most definitely....I'm thinking Couture would have less than a 10% chance....

I like Randy, and I don't wanna see him get murdered....but if that fight comes off, and the odds are good enough...I will bet a large chunk of dough on Fedor.

I'm talking like Down Payment + Closing Costs type dough...

I don't know man, I have a hard time betting on something that Dana White is involved in
pastor method
fedor is chubbier than timmy.

tim didn't get credit during his title reign in the ufc because he got by on things like stamina, game planning, and defense. earlier in his ufc career he had some big KOs but he rarely did anything that made anyone go WOW toward the end. that, coupled with an average personality and a soft body, has made for very few fans.

tim is pretty good though. better p4p than james irvin, that's for sure. and yes, fedor made him look like a C or even D level fighter in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.