Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So did Big Floyd pretty much say zab is the future of boxing with cotto if he beats clottey?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EpTXCHAMP
I'm a zab fan but the future dont know bout that, on sheer talent he probably is the most talented now that floyd is gone but he's got to turn the potential into results! I do believe if zab beats clottey he would have alot of options at 147 and if floyd Sr gets in his corner that would be an upgrade from Yoel. I hope they keep zab away from cotto Id rather see him go after a berto or maybe try to make the mosley fight again
Tha Docta
i think if zab were to hire floyd sr to train him he would be a force. but since zab probably doesnt want to train that hard hes gonna stick with Yoel and continue on with his career of mediocrity. zabs one of my favorite fighters which means he frustrates the hell out of me all the time.

and yoel is half a retard. "zab, you gotta pop, pop, pop, and come back with a bam, pop, boom". what a joke.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 23 2008, 12:48 PM) [snapback]396811[/snapback]
i think if zab were to hire floyd sr to train him he would be a force. but since zab probably doesnt want to train that hard hes gonna stick with Yoel and continue on with his career of mediocrity. zabs one of my favorite fighters which means he frustrates the hell out of me all the time.

and yoel is half a retard. "zab, you gotta pop, pop, pop, and come back with a bam, pop, boom". what a joke.

lol heres a link to a youtube video of the great yoel <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ATDE5sTsV_0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ATDE5sTsV_0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

boom boom boom yoel took out that water bottle. Yea Sr could improve zab alot hopefully zba beats clottey so we can see then together
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 23 2008, 02:48 PM) [snapback]396811[/snapback]

LOL!!! thats some funny shit...

One of these times were gonna see Yoel accidentally hit Zab during one his demonstrations in the corner and get to see Zab the chicken walk again...

Yoel: " yo, you gotta wack!,...pop, pop, bam.....swing then do on of these ,,,pop,,,whack.......... Oh shit, zab come back here!!!!!

crowd: "OOHHHhhhhhoooooo,......"

Lamply: " This fight is Over!!!!!!!!,..It appears that Zab Judah has been hit by his own trainer and is now laying on our commentators desk!!!!"......

.........fuckin classic...
King Eugene
Zab will turn his career around! WATCH!
D-MARV
This is a must win for Zab and it's a very winnable fight for Zab! although, he will never be able to compete with Cotto, Margarito, or Williams.

Zab needs to go back down to 140 and fight Hatton-Malignaggi winner!
Tha Docta
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 24 2008, 02:45 AM) [snapback]396864[/snapback]
This is a must win for Zab and it's a very winnable fight for Zab! although, he will never be able to compete with Cotto, Margarito, or Williams.

Zab needs to go back down to 140 and fight Hatton-Malignaggi winner!

i agree that zab belongs at 140. but he can certainly compete against cotto, margarito, and williams. he just cant beat them.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 24 2008, 07:00 AM) [snapback]396884[/snapback]
i agree that zab belongs at 140. but he can certainly compete against cotto, margarito, and williams. he just cant beat them.

zab kostya rematch would be nice or judah hatton even judahvs paulie
MarzB
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 23 2008, 01:48 PM) [snapback]396811[/snapback]

I disagree with this completely. Yoel doesn't say anything more detailed or less than what Sr has said to Oscar. "He fytin like ah ol man.."(see Oscar vs. Hopkins). Most importantly, SOME FIGHTERS don't RESPOND well to TACTICAL instruction while in the corner. Some do. Thats what the gym work is for. What more do you want, pictures similar to an NFL game of the defense the fighter has in between rounds?? Atleast YOEL has never folded his chair or NOT had a sense of urgency unlike other "DADDY" trainers such as "Mosley's Father" along with "Morales Father". Need I get into Roy Jones SR TERRIBLE corner in the 3rd Tarver fight.

That said, the problem I think with YOEL and Zab is that they've been together too long and they're strategies along with what they work on are just BASIC.. I rarely see Zab do pull counters which would EASILY work for him with his speed and quickness.

Zab still has too much of a "front runner" style. He demonstrated that in the Cotto fight. Once Zab's bullets are gone he has nothing in reserve. Its sad because the dude has ALL THE TOOLS one would want in a fighter but he just doesn't practice using them.

If he hooked up with Floyd Sr, they would need to work together for a YEAR for us to see some real changes. Zab needs to lose his "gunner" mentality and take a more tactical approach which would then create targets later in the fight for his "guns". Not to mention Zab is plagued with stamina issues.

The Clottey fight will be a very good test to see where Zab is at and where he's gonna go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.