Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: College Football 2008
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
rusty_trombone
All I know is, I can't wait for the Gators to take the field and kick the shit out of Miami in week 2. I will be in Gainesville for that shit. It's gonna be hard for Tebow to lift up another Heisman and another SEC Championship and another BCS national championship trophy. His arms are getting full.

OH yeah, Fuck LSU hardhead.
hardhead
Rusty.... fuck.gif

I'm pumped like always even though I don't expect us to contend for national title this year(09 is the year baby!!) with our inexperience at QB(then again most of our tough games are at home). I think it will be another knock down drag out with Auburn for the West and since we play them at home that's going to be tough, we'll see. One thing is for sure it should be another "instant classic" on the Plains. If we get to that SEC title game though I could see us being the spoiler much like we spoiled Tennessee in 2002. thumbsup_anim.gif I think our defensive front seven will be even better than last year. I think we're straight at safety with super talented sophomore Chad Jones and the very solid Curtis Taylor. The only question mark on defense in my mind is CB but if the big boys up front can't create havoc and pressure you don't need great DB's. My dark horse in the west is Alabama(although I'm sure Croom and the Dogs will have something to say to that..haha).

As for the East I think the two top are obviously Georgia and Florida. Even though Georgia has a tough schedule(which probably puts them out of the National title game), If I had to pick who would win the SEC I'd lean to Georgia. Knowshon Mereno(one of the most talented running backs I've seen since Caddilac) and Stafford combined with a returning defense I think they're going to be tough to beat. The biggest question for me about Florida is the running back situation, they were very inconsistent at running the ball and thus relied on Tebow a little too much. I guess you could say I think ya'll need a little more balance. I see teams attacking and playing more aggressively against Tebow(taking a page out of the Michigan/Florida bowl game last year) more so then they did last year. If they don't get more balance going I think that could be the achilles heel for the Gators. However I'm not steadfast in that pick because you never know if Georgia is going to go back to choking(and like I said their schedule is tough) like they usually do against Florida, so we'll see. My dark horse in the East is Tennessee.

I hope to make at least one or two games this year. I made Virginia Tech(great, great time) and Arkansas(heartbreaker) last year and had a blast. I'm going to be working my connections extra hard to score some tickets to Georgia this year though. That shit should be off the chain...
Al Hata

I'm pumped. College football live started back up. NCAA football is out for the 360. I'm ready for the season.

My Scarlet Knights need to come up big this year. We have some tough games but we need to quiet the haters. All this talk about Schiano getting paid too much, leaving for Penn State and our stadium expansion problems would get put the rest with a BCS birth.

Huge season ahead of us boys.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(hardhead @ Jul 23 2008, 10:03 PM) [snapback]396844[/snapback]
Rusty.... fuck.gif

I'm pumped like always even though I don't expect us to contend for national title this year(09 is the year baby!!) with our inexperience at QB(then again most of our tough games are at home). I think it will be another knock down drag out with Auburn for the West and since we play them at home that's going to be tough, we'll see. One thing is for sure it should be another "instant classic" on the Plains. If we get to that SEC title game though I could see us being the spoiler much like we spoiled Tennessee in 2002. thumbsup_anim.gif I think our defensive front seven will be even better than last year. I think we're straight at safety with super talented sophomore Chad Jones and the very solid Curtis Taylor. The only question mark on defense in my mind is CB but if the big boys up front can't create havoc and pressure you don't need great DB's. My dark horse in the west is Alabama(although I'm sure Croom and the Dogs will have something to say to that..haha).

As for the East I think the two top are obviously Georgia and Florida. Even though Georgia has a tough schedule(which probably puts them out of the National title game), If I had to pick who would win the SEC I'd lean to Georgia. Knowshon Mereno(one of the most talented running backs I've seen since Caddilac) and Stafford combined with a returning defense I think they're going to be tough to beat. The biggest question for me about Florida is the running back situation, they were very inconsistent at running the ball and thus relied on Tebow a little too much. I guess you could say I think ya'll need a little more balance. I see teams attacking and playing more aggressively against Tebow(taking a page out of the Michigan/Florida bowl game last year) more so then they did last year. If they don't get more balance going I think that could be the achilles heel for the Gators. However I'm not steadfast in that pick because you never know if Georgia is going to go back to choking(and like I said their schedule is tough) like they usually do against Florida, so we'll see. My dark horse in the East is Tennessee.
I hope to make at least one or two games this year. I made Virginia Tech(great, great time) and Arkansas(heartbreaker) last year and had a blast. I'm going to be working my connections extra hard to score some tickets to Georgia this year though. That shit should be off the chain...

If there's is one thing on the Gators you do not have to worry about, it's the offense. Shit, teams knew what was coming last year and Tebow put up 20 TD's on the ground and another 20 in the air. That's how good the offense is, teams know what's coming, and it doesn't matter. We have so much talent and depth it's ridiculous. Pass rush and secondary my friend, that's what the gators need to improve on.

Fuck Georgia. and Fuck Moreno(even though he's pretty damn good)

Oh yeah, here's a big Fuck Miami for caneman.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.