Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pick Clottey
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
stateofthegame
I heard from some one close to the Judah's that Zab has not been taking his fight with Clottey seriously. He was missing for three days last weekend going to fights and not training. I hear Yoel was pissed and him and Zab got into it again with Zab saying for Yoel to leave him alone and not to tell him what to do. I also heard this group that signed Zab gave him a large sum of money that he ran through in less than a week and a half and has ran up a huge bill on thier credit card.

I think picking Clottey would be the wise choice if all this is true.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jul 24 2008, 11:35 AM) [snapback]396909[/snapback]
I heard from some one close to the Judah's that Zab has not been taking his fight with Clottey seriously. He was missing for three days last weekend going to fights and not training. I hear Yoel was pissed and him and Zab got into it again with Zab saying for Yoel to leave him alone and not to tell him what to do. I also heard this group that signed Zab gave him a large sum of money that he ran through in less than a week and a half and has ran up a huge bill on thier credit card.

You would think that the man would learn from his mistakes. I already thought Cottey's inside game would be enough for him to beat Judah but now things are looking even better for him. If Judah come in out of shape like he did against Baldomir he gets a beating.
BigG
As much as I love Zab he will lose if thats true. For Zab to win this fight, he needs to be 100 percent in shape focused ala Spinks rematch, Maweather fight.

I think he'll get beat up and lose a decision
Method
As much as I love Zab

Big G - I guess given the number of times over the years that you've mentioned it, I'm curious as to what is is about Zab that keeps you so endeared to him?
BigG
Lol..style of fighting and heart...I just watching him fight. But I have to say it can be frustrating being a Zab fan because of all the bad habits he has.. overlooking opponents and not training seriously (losing to Baldomir and nearly losing to Pineda). But I still root for him anyway.
Snowsy
Sounds like the whole family is gearing up for excuse time after the loss.
I wasn't giving him much of a chance anyway, truth be told I think that Clottey is top 3 in this division and would give Cotto absolute hell. Cotto's camp doesn't want anything to do with him.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jul 24 2008, 10:35 AM) [snapback]396909[/snapback]

remember where you heard it first! lol lol

well according to Dan Rafeal he spoke to judah last week and said judah looked good????

our friend leon said pretty much the same thing so I dkn alot of people have been talking bout a yoel zab beef for awhile now but no proof

IF this is true Im saying IF then clottey should be the heavy favorite
BigG
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Jul 24 2008, 06:34 PM) [snapback]396930[/snapback]
remember where you heard it first! lol lol

well according to Dan Rafeal he spoke to judah last week and saud judah looked good????

our friend leon said pretty much the same thing so I dkn alot of people have been talking bout a yoel zab beef for awhile now but no proof

IF this is true Im saying IF then clottey should be the heavy favorite

I was personally picking Clottey by decision regardless if Zab's focused or not. Zab should be at 140 where he can fight Paulie - a good style matchup for him. These bigger, stronger Welterweights who apply pressure are just too much for Zab.
Method
Zab/Paulie WOULD be a good fight...especially at MSG. Good payday for both guys. An all Brooklyn battle.
thehype
I just saw Zab on Saturday. He was at the Affliction: Banned MMA card in Cali. He didn't really look out of shape to me, but then again, it's not like we were at a weigh-in. He did look like he was having a good time though. Personally, I don't really think his physical condition is going to be an issue...I'm thinking more of his mental state of mind. Like, is he really taking Clottey as a serious threat or does he think he's just going to walk through him. If it's the latter, then I can definitely see that as being a serious problem as Zab isn't really known to have a good plan B if things don't turn out the way he expects them.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 24 2008, 01:42 PM) [snapback]396920[/snapback]
Big G - I guess given the number of times over the years that you've mentioned it, I'm curious as to what is is about Zab that keeps you so endeared to him?

BK all day son. dntknw.gif
Method
Zab isn't really known to have a good plan B if things don't turn out the way he expects them.

...and he only steps into the ring with half of a plan A.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 24 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]396943[/snapback]
...and he only steps into the ring with half of a plan A.

laugh.gif

Exaclty, he relies on his talent to bail him out. I shudder to think about Judah at 33 or 34 wheh his speed leaves him.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 24 2008, 03:21 PM) [snapback]396937[/snapback]
I just saw Zab on Saturday. He was at the Affliction: Banned MMA card in Cali. He didn't really look out of shape to me, but then again, it's not like we were at a weigh-in. He did look like he was having a good time though. Personally, I don't really think his physical condition is going to be an issue...I'm thinking more of his mental state of mind. Like, is he really taking Clottey as a serious threat or does he think he's just going to walk through him. If it's the latter, then I can definitely see that as being a serious problem as Zab isn't really known to have a good plan B if things don't turn out the way he expects them.

Zab is rarely out of shape physically ..... Mentally he's a total mess. He will lose this fight. And while losing another fight, Clotty will punish him for being a totally imature dickhead. Like I stated after the mayweather fight ...... Zab is the new welterweight stepping stone.
buford54
Somewhere in Zab's brain it seems there is a disconnect between his actions and the results in his fights.
He consistently thinks that he will win these big fights on skill alone.
He has as much natural skill as Mayweather. He just doesn't have the discipline and focus to win.
I hope that one day it clicks for him.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 24 2008, 01:21 PM) [snapback]396937[/snapback]

hype get zab here on some chats man like back in the b-talk days

zab has always been in shape he usually weighs in at 144-145 which shows he's in great shape if u see zab hitting 147 like he did against baldomir then we might have a problem lol like sumone said its not the talent or physical shape thats the problem its his mental game that is

As for when judah hits 33 and his speed leaves him lets pray that he goes back down to 140 by then or else it could get ugly
caneman
I am actually surprised he has fan's...it's no secret that I don't like him @ all! It's not that I think he is a shit fighter but between him being a mental midget & the things he does in the ring & on the streets, I just wish he would get punished every single fight he is in! I thought Clottey had a real good shot before I even heard this! I got Clottey by KO or more likely TKO stoppage! I'll say round 9 or 10! I hope Judah gets beat to a pulp! fuck.gif fvck a Zab thumbsdown_anim.gif
KookedKrack
i cosign getting judah on the chat man maybe we can talk some sense into him
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Jul 24 2008, 05:24 PM) [snapback]396953[/snapback]
i cosign getting judah on the chat man maybe we can talk some sense into him

it be a nice way to piss off greg lol

yea any word were camp is being held for zab? I read awhile ago he was trainging up in Reseda California with John Arthur a conditioning coach who works washington wizards SG Nick Young so hopefully he can whip zab in the best shape and make sure he dont fade at the end of the fight! plus being up in cali is good to keep him away from the distractions in BK lol
clippers19901
I hope Zab is focused; I'd like to see him grab a win and position himself for a few more big money fights.
salvador
Even if Zab trained like Hopkins, he wouldn't stand a chance. Clottey's too big for him and Zab's gonna fold the minute he realizes that he can't hurt him. If the odds weren't already favoring Clottey, I'd say this is easy money. But I just never bet on the favorite unless the odds are close.

The truth about Zab Judah is that he's probably the fastest and most coordinated guy in the sport, but he had the wrong trainer. He never learned the fundamentals properly, and it's hard to be competitive at the top level of the sport without them.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(clippers19901 @ Jul 24 2008, 10:11 PM) [snapback]396964[/snapback]
I hope Zab is focused; I'd like to see him grab a win and position himself for a few more big money fights.

Ha ha I love your concerns for Zab's financial welfare, but I'll let you in on a little secret. It doesn't matter if Zab makes one million or ten million he's gonna end up blowing the lot.
caneman
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Jul 25 2008, 09:42 AM) [snapback]396982[/snapback]
Ha ha I love your concerns for Zab's financial welfare, but I'll let you in on a little secret. It doesn't matter if Zab makes one million or ten million he's gonna end up blowing the lot.

knowwhatimmasayin? For the record, I still say they should put his teeth for the child support he owes & then he won't have to worry about Clottely when he breaks down mentally!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
His teeth should have their own sitcom.

They're comedy gold-pardon the pun.
buford54
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Jul 25 2008, 09:42 AM) [snapback]396982[/snapback]

If Zab had a billion dollars he would blow it on having his mouth enlarged so that he could cram more gold teeth into it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.