Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Board is Quiet After Such a Big Fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
Crickets...perhaps, but not much else.

Are some in hiding? Recovering? Drinking away the pain?

We have a lot of Cotto fans here...nothing?

BigG
The board is ALWAYS quiet after a big fight
JD
Not THIS quiet and not after a fight like that...Cotto wins and I think we have a lot more activity.
BigG
Well, the Marg-Cotto thread generated 240 replies..the most since Mayweather-Hatton.

It's not too quiet compared to Wlad Klitschko's 28 post rbr thread vs Tony The Tiger..lol
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 27 2008, 03:30 PM) [snapback]397525[/snapback]
Well, the Marg-Cotto thread generated 240 replies..the most since Mayweather-Hatton.

It's not too quiet compared to Wlad Klitschko's 28 post rbr thread vs Tony The Tiger..lol

I said BIG fight...lol

And I'm not talking about the r by r thread, which I remember Hopkins - Calzaghe having more in it....I am talking general chatter after the fight. I think we have a lot more activity if Cotto wins that fight...
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 27 2008, 03:24 PM) [snapback]397521[/snapback]
Crickets...perhaps, but not much else.

Are some in hiding? Recovering? Drinking away the pain?

We have a lot of Cotto fans here...nothing?

How about you gloat some for us?....that would be unlike you and fun to see...laugh.gif

but seriously....why am I the only one giving JD props lately? Give it up....Method called it strong on the staff picks' page as well....

JD is quickly becoming like some sort of Anti-Atlas with his Breakdown segment and calls....he's in the zone.
kidbazooka1
I think it's just an after fight shock that we go into after all the excitment.
BigG
If Cotto had won, we'd probably have alot of new Cotto fans calling Cotto the P4P king and calling Mayweather a pussy.
JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 27 2008, 03:38 PM) [snapback]397531[/snapback]
How about you gloat some for us?....that would be unlike you and fun to see...laugh.gif

but seriously....why am I the only one giving JD props lately? Give it up....Method called it strong on the staff picks' page as well....

JD is quickly becoming like some sort of Anti-Atlas with his Breakdown segment and calls....he's in the zone.

laugh.gif Not my style...though if ever there was a fight that would tempt me, this would be it...I was forced to debate with flocks of Cotto fans about this who thought I was on crack for saying all along (as soon as he moved to welter), Margarito is the guy to stop Cotto.
BigG
JD has been on point with his picks so I have to ask him: who will be the one to stop bitchass Calslappy
JD
It ain't gonna be Roy.

Pavlik could, but a lot of the advantages he has at 160, he gives away at 175...or even 168.

The Hopkins that fought Tarver could have done it, but what we have now is a less active version.

In short...good question...
The CEO
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 27 2008, 03:40 PM) [snapback]397534[/snapback]
If Cotto had won, we'd probably have alot of new Cotto fans calling Cotto the P4P king and calling Mayweather a pussy.

If Cotto had 15% more conditioning, worked the body more, and stayed off the ropes...you're right, G....he'd probably be getting ALMIGHTY props right about now, G....and iMo, he would DESERVE them.

That being said...even though he was spent and succumbed to Margarito's pressure, I feel Cotto STILL belongs in the Top 10...maybe have it something like Williams, Margarito, and Cotto at 8, 9, and 10.....
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 27 2008, 03:49 PM) [snapback]397539[/snapback]
It ain't gonna be Roy.

Pavlik could, but a lot of the advantages he has at 160, he gives away at 175...or even 168.

The Hopkins that fought Tarver could have done it, but what we have now is a less active version.

In short...good question...

the day after an upset I feel like anything is possible. Then it goes away.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 27 2008, 03:50 PM) [snapback]397540[/snapback]
If Cotto had 15% more conditioning, worked the body more, and stayed off the ropes...you're right, G....he'd probably be getting ALMIGHTY props right about now, G....and iMo, he would DESERVE them.

That being said...even though he was spent and succumbed to Margarito's pressure, I feel Cotto STILL belongs in the Top 10...maybe have it something like Williams, Margarito, and Cotto at 8, 9, and 10.....

agreed,.....But I think even with the right conditioning fighting a natural MW would be hard for any welter.......

The CEO
You're probably right...I called the fight pretty well myself except for the facts I overestimated Cotto's conditioning and assumed he would work the body more....I knew it would be Hell for both fighters, but I thought Cotto could box all night and fall across the finish line with the win.......

but like you said....Margarito's one big ass Welter....him and even moreso Williams.....they both need to be fighting at AT LEAST 154....makes me wanna wanna fight for the old, same day weigh ins proposition.......and this is the first time I've mentioned that since joining the board....

That's also why I brought up Pavlik-Margarito in the other thread....what's fair is fair I say...
U.S. Champ
I'm Still wiping away the tears from Cotto's first loss yeah I admitted it LOL.
JD
It happens...fight enough top fighters, eventually you lose.
torvix2000
Mayweather heard you.
neophyte7
PEOPLE WHO ARE SCHOCKED know nothing about boxing. Cotto has been hurt by smaller and lesser fighters than Margarito .... The ZaB FIGHT was an abberation- Judah had been off nearly two years and still gave Cotto a tough fight (Cotto said it was his toughest afterwards)--- Cotto was a train wreck ready to happen because he is too easy to hit--- bottom line---- Margarito is still a one dimensional slugger who happened to have the right style in front of him. 8/10 times Cotto loses to Margarito becuase he has poor defense and is slow afoot....
eternalfighter
thats cus like i said before this fight, alot of people are gona be feeling very stupid after this fight. all the shit they talked just like in the mora fight but this is worse. maybe now they will learn ...MARGARITO #1 WELTER IN THE WORLD.
hitman harding
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Jul 28 2008, 10:02 AM) [snapback]397660[/snapback]
PEOPLE WHO ARE SCHOCKED know nothing about boxing. Cotto has been hurt by smaller and lesser fighters than Margarito .... The ZaB FIGHT was an abberation- Judah had been off nearly two years and still gave Cotto a tough fight (Cotto said it was his toughest afterwards)--- Cotto was a train wreck ready to happen because he is too easy to hit--- bottom line---- Margarito is still a one dimensional slugger who happened to have the right style in front of him. 8/10 times Cotto loses to Margarito becuase he has poor defense and is slow afoot....

I 100% agree with your points its all comes down to being at your peak for 12x3 minutes rounds the rest is only excuses and hype
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(eternalfighter @ Jul 28 2008, 02:12 PM) [snapback]397697[/snapback]
MARGARITO #1 WELTER IN THE WORLD.

it's a sad day for the welterweight division. Maybe Paul WIlliams will beat him again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.