Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clottey/Zab winner vs Margarito
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EpTXCHAMP
I think both would give margarito a run but could they beat him?

yes I know clottey was winning till he hurt his hands but margarito always starts slow perhaps that was the case that night as well, second margarito has improved since that fight not sure I can say the same for clottey

as for zab we all know he'd have every advantage when it comes to boxing skills Its just that he's zab!!! lol so we can either see him fold or fade and if cotto broke him down what would margarito do to him?

Unless one of these guys looks great on sat I'd prefer to see margarito take on Paul Williams again
BigG
Zab losses by KO to Margarito...Clottey gives Margarito a tough fight..but for some reason I think Zab can give Clottey a run for his money...just cause Clottey doesn't have the same type of fire power as Cotto/Marg. We'll see.
Tha Docta
please god, dont let zab get this fight if he should beat clottey. zab has zero chance against margarito, zero chance. if he or his handlers let him take this fight then they are all insane. zab should have announced his drop to 140lbs right after watching margarito pulvarize cotto into submission.
kidbazooka1
Margarito wold put a brutla beating on Zab. As for Clottey I know he was doing pretty good i nthe first fight but it looked to me like Margarito underestimated him I think he beats easier the next time around.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 28 2008, 12:00 PM) [snapback]397694[/snapback]
please god, dont let zab get this fight if he should beat clottey. zab has zero chance against margarito, zero chance. if he or his handlers let him take this fight then they are all insane. zab should have announced his drop to 140lbs right after watching margarito pulvarize cotto into submission.

exactly what i was thinking. If zab beats clottey hopefully he'll call out berto! other than collazo and cintron hes the only other welter I can see zab beating

the scaring thing is that zabs people were gonna take a margarito fight until Arum made the "insulting" offer that btalk said was only 250,000 so if arum ups it to 800,000- 1 mil I think zabs people would be dumb enough to take that fight. zab only hope would be to box and move like cotto did the first 5 rds
hardhead
I'd rather see Margarito/Williams II and the winner of Clotty/Judah fight Berto(especially if Judah wins). If Clotty happens to win I think he's a guy that is deserving of a shot at Margarito, after Williams though.
thehype
I think Margarito-Williams II is the bigger fight...but mainly because I don't think Zab will get past Clottey.

Even if he does get past Clottey, I'm sure Zab would much rather give Cotto a shot at his title than face Margarito.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jul 28 2008, 02:53 PM) [snapback]397709[/snapback]
Margarito wold put a brutla beating on Zab. As for Clottey I know he was doing pretty good i nthe first fight but it looked to me like Margarito underestimated him I think he beats easier the next time around.

Exactly,

It would be a tragic incident if Zab stepped in the ring thinking even for a second that he's there to fight Margarito. I don't want to see anyone beaten to a worthless pulp in the ring.

Margarito, Clottey II would be a good fight ......... But, I think AM has learned his lessons well and would beat Clottey again only this time with conviction.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Jul 28 2008, 12:31 PM) [snapback]397686[/snapback]
I think both would give Margarito a run but could they beat him?

yes I know Clottey was winning till he hurt his hands but Margarito always starts slow perhaps that was the case that night as well, second Margarito has improved since that fight not sure I can say the same for Clottey

as for Zab we all know he'd have every advantage when it comes to boxing skills Its just that he's Zab!!! lol so we can either see him fold or fade and if Cotto broke him down what would Margarito do to him?

Unless one of these guys looks great on sat I'd prefer to see Margarito take on Paul Williams again

If there is any fighter that I DON"T want to see get Margarito it is Zab Judah. Could you imagine all the work and great effort going out the window after the awesome Cotto fight if Margarito were to fight Zab and lose? Oh, that would just be sickening. Yes, Zab is always dangerous for the first 5 rounds or so before folding like an accordion and I know that he was one of Max Kellerman's "wet dreams" before the Tszyu fight. And maybe he's an OK guy, but too many people that he hangs around with are pricks and they bring bad karma to our sport that boxing doesn't need. Remember the Mayweather-Judah brawl? If there was a guy that's even more cocky than Mayweather, it would be Judah. He didn't deserve the Mayweather fight to be for the IBF title just because Baldimor didn't play the sanctioning fees. Now, Zab, who mentally cracks up in fights, is getting another crack at a bogus belt from the scandalous Eugenia Williams loving IBF, who's acronym should stand for "It's Barely Functioning." How many chances are they giving Judah now? Recognizing anyone other than Antonio Margarito as undisputed welterweight champion of the world is ludicrous.

Jack
D-MARV
Double Post
D-MARV
If Zab wins he should target Cotto. That's a winnable fight for him at this point! Zab has 0.00000001% chance to beat Margartio.

Normally I always give Zab a puncher's chance, but against Margarito he would need an AK47. I believe that's illegal... dntknw.gif
Fitz
Zab should move down to 140. There are no real names there now other then Hatton and then Malignaggi. But if I were Judah, I would go down to 140 get some wins and try to bait some of the names from 135 to move up to 140. Names like Diaz, Campbell, Pacquiao (beats a fight with DLH). I think Zab can survive in the sport longer and actually do pretty well if he moves down to fight guys his size and bring the top guys from 135.
The Original MrFactor
Is it me, or shouldnt Margarito be going hard core after a DLH match?!?! All this talk of Williams, Clottey, Judah is crazy. This guy has worked so hard for so long, he deserves the $$ king. If DLH picks anyone other than Margarito, he should be called on it.

EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jul 29 2008, 12:38 AM) [snapback]397822[/snapback]
Is it me, or shouldnt Margarito be going hard core after a DLH match?!?! All this talk of Williams, Clottey, Judah is crazy. This guy has worked so hard for so long, he deserves the $$ king. If DLH picks anyone other than Margarito, he should be called on it.

zab would bring some money too. more than clottey and williams would thats for sure especially if he looks good this saturday
hardhead
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jul 29 2008, 06:38 AM) [snapback]397822[/snapback]

I wouldn't have a problem with that as he does deserve it and Williams and Clotty will more than likely still be around(unless Williams moves up which could be a possibility but I think he stays for at least another couple fights) after that fight.
salvador
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jul 29 2008, 02:38 AM) [snapback]397822[/snapback]

Fuckin'-A RIGHT!

Marg is going after that fight, as he discussed in the post fight interview. Nobody deserves a paycheck more than Marg.

That said, if Marg fought Williams next, Marg would be the coolest guy in boxing.
alaganza
I would much rather see the rematch btw Clottey and Margarito. It seemed like Clottey was handling business until the hand got broke

Judah most likely would be brutalized. Especially after 4 or 5 rounds.
Mean Mister Mustard
I think Williams beats Margarito again. Williams a lot of things going for him that allow him to be able to beat Margarito. He outmatches him in size, which allows him to use his reach to pepper Margarito from the outside, matches him in stamina and workrate, he can take flush shots to the face without being fazed and he knows how to use his long tentacles he calls arms to be able to clinch whenever Margarito gets going. Plus he's a southpaw which neutralizes the left hook to the body.

Margarito should gun for the DLH fight and if that doesn't happen keep winning until Mayweather comes back.
D-MARV
Margarito needs to do everything he can to make the Oscar fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clottey and Williams are dangerous opponents and can very well defeat Margarito at this point!
Big Slim Sweet
I keep seeing Oscar, Williams, Clottey, Judah and even Berto's names getting tossed around, yet nobody seems to be talking about Shane Mosley. After he beats up Mayorga in two months his name should be right back in the mix, and if Margarito can't get the DLH fight or the Cotto rematch, I'd imagine a fight with Shane would be his best option from a financial standpoint. I don't think it's a good match-up for Shane but that doesn't mean he won't be all for it.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jul 29 2008, 03:15 PM) [snapback]397945[/snapback]
I keep seeing Oscar, Williams, Clottey, Judah and even Berto's names getting tossed around, yet nobody seems to be talking about Shane Mosley. After he beats up Mayorga in two months his name should be right back in the mix, and if Margarito can't get the DLH fight or the Cotto rematch, I'd imagine a fight with Shane would be his best option from a financial standpoint. I don't think it's a good match-up for Shane but that doesn't mean he won't be all for it.

maybe its because shane is 36 soon to be 37 yrs old and hasnt won a fight at welter worth meaning since 05 fight.
and sorry his wins against a horribly faded vargas dont count

Also What I think hurts him and zab at least in the publics eyes is that they couldnt beat the man (cotto) that margarito just recently destroyed. which is why I wouldnt be too excited for a cotto judah 2 or mosely cotto 2
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jul 29 2008, 05:15 PM) [snapback]397945[/snapback]

I don't know how many times GBP is going to resurrect Mayorga just to get a win. But it is getting pretty pathetic when there is soo much talent up & coming in the WW division. I guess it would blow some peoples minds if Mayorga pulls out the upset. And even making that statement is sad ..... when you know right off the bat that one opponent is such a long-shot that it would shock the boxing world if he should win.

And this is what's wrong with boxing ........... nobodies guarding the gate, and fighters can pretty much fight any bum anytime they want, never having to face a real challenge.

Berto would have been happy to fight Mosley, Williams would be happy to fight Mosley. Why not try to make those fights ............... But NO, GBP goes to the well again to find Mayorga.

Pitiful. thumbsdown_anim.gif
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Jul 29 2008, 05:29 PM) [snapback]397969[/snapback]
I don't know how many times GBP is going to resurrect Mayorga just to get a win. But it is getting pretty pathetic when there is soo much talent up & coming in the WW division. I guess it would blow some peoples minds if Mayorga pulls out the upset. And even making that statement is sad ..... when you know right off the bat that one opponent is such a long-shot that it would shock the boxing world if he should win.

And this is what's wrong with boxing ........... nobodies guarding the gate, and fighters can pretty much fight any bum anytime they want, never having to face a real challenge.

Berto would have been happy to fight Mosley, Williams would be happy to fight Mosley. Why not try to make those fights ............... But NO, GBP goes to the well again to find Mayorga.

Pitiful. thumbsdown_anim.gif

agree GBP is killing me with the mayorga crap. and making casa marq ppv??? they also put on sum lame undercards lets hope they dont make DLH-pac man

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Jul 29 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]397958[/snapback]
maybe its because shane is 36 soon to be 37 yrs old and hasnt won a fight at welter worth meaning since 05 fight.

Collazo in 07 was a good win.
JonnyBlaze
I don't think either one of them could beat Margarito..Zab has such bad stamina that Margarito would beat him alot worse then Cotto did..Clottey would be a better fight for Margarito but still wouldn't be able to beat him..Margarito should fight Paul Williams again to give the Welterweight division a answer to the question of who's on top..Paul Williams will be able to give any of the Welterweights problems because of his height..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.