Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatton's trainer retires
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
I don't know what to make of this; it Seems like an effort to save face. I know Pops Mayweather was talking about training Hatton, and Ricky has not looked the best of late. I just hope this doesn't throw off his preparation for Paulie.
BoxingStill#1
not a good match for Hatton.....
dbdbdb
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 29 2008, 07:40 PM) [snapback]397979[/snapback]
not a good match for Hatton.....

Ditto!!!!

Floyd Sr. will try to teach hatton to box and that's not hatton's style. And hatton doesn't have enough time to break old, old habits.

hitman harding
The word is Hatton will use Grahams #2 for his fight with Paulie. Graham and Hattons father had a strained relationship due to career path etc. Graham took the honorable way out
Hatton has stated his between bouts diet has been a success and his ready to put the hurt on Paulie.
Maybe he's cut down to 4 pints of lager per day
MarzB
Billy Graham seems like a really cool dude and I do like him but as a trainer I saw nothing redeeming about him. Btw, Floyd Sr if he were to train Hatton can't do it in England because felons can't enter the UK. It wouldn't make a bit of difference in my opinion as someone said Hatton's style/habits are hard to break.

He'd be a fish outta water trying to roll his shoulder,lol..
Method
Complete face saving move. Out of respect, instead of firing him, they're sparing him the public humiliation that would come along with it. Truth is, I think Graham is great for Hatton. Hatton's a bulldog. Graham is a bull dog.

Floyd Sr is SO wrong for Hatton it's not even funny. tying to teach that kid soul moves? I can hear the needle scratching offthe record as soon as he steps into the gym...kinda like When Apollo brought Rocky into the LA Gym where The master of Disaster came up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u__uyXo8R2o...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlbKn8_p3vk

Someone needs to teach Hatton to K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.
Mean Mister Mustard
The best Mayweather Sr can hope for is to fine tune Hatton's defense without trying to teach him the shoulder rool like he did with DLH and also teach Hatton how to throw a jab and a straight right hand.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 30 2008, 04:15 PM) [snapback]398096[/snapback]
Someone needs to teach Hatton to K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

LMBO whil ROTF
dj necrogenic
Hatton fired his ass. Hatton needs to get a trainer like Emanuel Steward, someone he respects, but someone who has the ability to keep him disciplined and restrain his fatass from eating and drinking beer all the time
CreDog
LOL Reminds me of when Rocky was trained by Apollo in Rocky 3 and changed his style completely...

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jul 31 2008, 12:53 PM) [snapback]398266[/snapback]
, but someone who has the ability to keep him disciplined and restrain his fatass from eating and drinking beer all the time

I don't think anyone can do that. i mean, he gets fat, but always makes weight.
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jul 31 2008, 01:43 PM) [snapback]398304[/snapback]
I don't think anyone can do that. i mean, he gets fat, but always makes weight.

Its eating away at his stamina though.. he needs to remain healthy... Get Hatton out to Detroit for training and he doesnt have the friendly little pub to go to... that will keep him off the booze
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jul 31 2008, 06:44 PM) [snapback]398319[/snapback]
Its eating away at his stamina though.. he needs to remain healthy... Get Hatton out to Detroit for training and he doesnt have the friendly little pub to go to... that will keep him off the booze

yeah, he'll mingle good with the locals. If there's sausage and peas, and a pint of some beer around, he'll find it
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jul 31 2008, 04:00 PM) [snapback]398323[/snapback]
yeah, he'll mingle good with the locals. If there's sausage and peas, and a pint of some beer around, he'll find it

By fight time rolls around Ricky will be accustomed to drinking 40's of Old English thumbsup_anim.gif
clippers19901
Doesn't matter now, Hatton's on the way out. Mayweather Sr. can't do much of anything with such a short span of time to work with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.