Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antonio Margarito
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
Antonio's win this past weekend was more than just a victory, it was his crowing achievement and maybe a prelude to more to come. Before this weekend I thought Margarito was nothing more than a good fighter who didn't have the tools to make it to the top. Now Margarito finds himself one fight away from welterweight supremacy. With that being said, does this fight move him into the Pound for Pound rankings?

Personally, I don't think he his Pound for Pound top 10 but definitely top 15!

What are your thoughts? Discuss
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 30 2008, 10:13 PM) [snapback]398168[/snapback]
Much respect to Margarito. You can't hate a guy who fights like that.

Just don't go over board with this win. The fact is, this is the exact same Margarito that has been around for years. Not like it's a new and improved fighter. This is the exact same guy that disappointed against Clottey, the exact same guy that got decisioned by Williams. All it takes is a fight with Williams or Clottey and he is back to where he was. Like I said, credit and respect for beating Cotto, he was wrong for him and beat him down to a bloody mess. But I'm not going to look at him in an entirely different light. This is the same guy we have seen for a while. Just keep that in mind and lets keep things in perspective.

I feel ya Fitz.

But Cotto was a Pound 4 Pound fighter and Mrgarito KO'd him! that ha to make the boxing world look at him in a higher place!
buford54
It's not really fair of me to do, because he technically makes weight and fights at 147...but I have a hard time ranking a pretty 1 dimensional fighter who has a size advantage over almost everyone else at that weight in the 'pound for pound' list.

Now if he were able to move to 154 and beat top guys there, that could change.
The problem is, when he fought someone who had a significant size (height) advantage over him, he lost (Paul Willams).

I hate to say it, but someone with Floyd's skill, all other things being equal, could compete and win at any weight. But one dimensional lumberjacks who throw long, looping punches that can be seen with the Hubble telescope at their inception, 15 billion light years before they arrive at their destination, are a dime a dozen.

Don't get me wrong, he is a beast, and I thoroughly enjoy watching him fight...but he's not at that level. Not to mention, his record with current top welterweights is 2 and 1 (Cotto/Cintron and Williams).
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 30 2008, 10:13 PM) [snapback]398168[/snapback]

Just don't go over board with this win. The fact is, this is the exact same Margarito that has been around for years. Not like it's a new and improved fighter. This is the exact same guy that disappointed against Clottey, the exact same guy that got decisioned by Williams. All it takes is a fight with Williams or Clottey and he is back to where he was. Like I said, credit and respect for beating Cotto, he was wrong for him and beat him down to a bloody mess. But I'm not going to look at him in an entirely different light. This is the same guy we have seen for a while. Just keep that in mind and lets keep things in perspective.

Nicely Put, lol!!!!

If you look at the compu box numbers {I know they're just above worthless} AM numbers were horrendous. In round 7 he threw 130 punches and only 48 connected. So he is still the same Margarito. He just is physically in the wrong division. He is a true 154+ pounder and there are few if any true WW that can match his size. I don't count williams because he is still very young and eventually he's going to start having problems making the 147lb limit.

AM = P4P ................. NO!!!!!!!

He is a huge fish in a pond with alot of smaller fishes and when you have that kind of size advantgage coupled with that iron chin, you're going to be a force, its just inevitable. But, his timing is terrible, his accuracy is terrible and his technique is terrible, still he gets the job done. Because he is a physical force in the ring. And that my friend, don't make you a P4P best in the sport.
Big Slim Sweet
Probably somewhere between 8-12.
The CEO
I pretty much totally agree with everyone so far........Margarito is not a "P4P" boxer........but I do believe he deserves a big push for beating Cotto....

I won't argue with anyone saying he's 9th to 15th....8th is kinda pushing it to me....
D-MARV
Reason why I brought this topic up is... The Ring has him at number 6, LOL
BigG
My P4P rankings are pretty fucked...all I know is Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez are back to back the top 2 fighters in the sport right now..

And the next 8 are Vazquez, Calzgahe, Margarito, Cotto, Pavlik, Montiel, Williams, Calderon

Well, alot of the P4P talent is in the lower ratings.

Margarito just beat a P4Per in Cotto but Williams beat him clearly last year and just avenged a loss by 1st round knockout so he should be a P4Per as well I guess..even though he hasn't really done much at all.

Alot of the P4P talent is in the lower weight classes with guys like Jhonny Gonzalez, Fernando Montiel, Nonito Donaire, Ivan Calderon (getting old himself), Gerry Penalosa, Israel Vazquez, Rafael Marquez, Juan Manuel Marquez...

I think the winner of Dawson-Tarver should be a P4Per (IMHO) too.
The CEO
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 31 2008, 12:05 AM) [snapback]398193[/snapback]
Reason why I brought this topic up is... The Ring has him at number 6, LOL

Doesn't surprise me.....I can count on one hand the times I was satisfied with their Top 10.....needless to say, I RARELY check that list anymore.....some people think that if a Top 20 beats a #5, he deserves to take the loser's spot...or one or two behind it....

I don't see it that way.
King Eugene
Good fighter...yes, P4P top ten.....no. Please lets not blows him out of proportion. He isn't a revamped fighter. Please dont turn him into another Kelly Pavlick fighter hype. Let me see him hand vicious beatdowns to about two more top WW and revenge his loss to Williams in high fashion then I have no choice but to slap him right there in the top 10 P4P.
The CEO
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jul 31 2008, 12:35 AM) [snapback]398202[/snapback]
Please lets not blows him out of proportion....

Too late, King......and I'm thinking it will only get worse until he's defeated again...

Margarito was carefully selected a long time ago to be the one to get behind if you hate Mayweather....if you pay attention, you'll notice that his supporters still bring up Mayweather to this day...that's what fuels most of the craziness....

I tell ya....I remember when Williams beat Margarito, and some of his biggest fans straight up left the board...when they came back one or two times, they didn't say a word about him....they couldn't....no one was mentioning Margarito's name at all around here....those were good times.
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jul 30 2008, 09:35 PM) [snapback]398202[/snapback]
Good fighter...yes, P4P top ten.....no. Please lets not blows him out of proportion. He isn't a revamped fighter. Please dont turn him into another Kelly Pavlick fighter hype. Let me see him hand vicious beatdowns to about two more top WW and revenge his loss to Williams in high fashion then I have no choice but to slap him right there in the top 10 P4P.

PLEASE JUST STFU ALL OF U, FUKEN HATERS. U GUYS STILL CANT BELIEVE MIGUEL COTTO WAS ANNIHALATED (NO DISRESPECT TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE FIGHTERS, COTTO). HE CLEARLY DESERVES TO BE P4P BUT U GUYS ARE JUST HATING.HE SHOULD BE #6 P4P OF THE WORLD. LIVE WITH IT, HE BEAT THE GUY U WERE ROOTING FOR. COTTO SHOULD BE #7. fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Jul 30 2008, 10:09 PM) [snapback]398204[/snapback]
PLEASE JUST STFU ALL OF U, FUKEN HATERS. U GUYS STILL CANT BELIEVE MIGUEL COTTO WAS ANNIHALATED (NO DISRESPECT TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE FIGHTERS, COTTO). HE CLEARLY DESERVES TO BE P4P BUT U GUYS ARE JUST HATING.HE SHOULD BE #6 P4P OF THE WORLD. LIVE WITH IT, HE BEAT THE GUY U WERE ROOTING FOR. COTTO SHOULD BE #7. fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif

BY THE WAY THESE R MY LIL MEXICAN HOMIES fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif
The CEO
laugh.gif

TOLJA!

IIIINCOOOOMIIIING!!

Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Jul 30 2008, 10:12 PM) [snapback]398205[/snapback]
BY THE WAY THESE R MY LIL MEXICAN HOMIES fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif

DAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!! THEY JUST DONT STOP!!!!!. HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Jul 30 2008, 10:17 PM) [snapback]398208[/snapback]
DAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!! THEY JUST DONT STOP!!!!!. HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif

WAZZUP C.E.O. IM A NEW MEMBER. FIGHTHYPE RULES!!!!!!! drinks.gif
The CEO
YES IT DOES!!

HOW YA DOIN'??!!
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 30 2008, 10:23 PM) [snapback]398210[/snapback]
YES IT DOES!!

HOW YA DOIN'??!!

IM DOING JUST GREAT BUDDY. thumbsup_anim.gif
kidbazooka1
Margarito win over and Cotto should IMO crack him onto the top 10. He's had a great year by destroying Cintron and taking out Cotto who was highly ranked and considered to be the best 147lb.
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jul 30 2008, 10:51 PM) [snapback]398214[/snapback]
Margarito win over and Cotto should IMO crack him onto the top 10. He's had a great year by destroying Cintron and taking out Cotto who was highly ranked and considered to be the best 147lb.

I AGREE.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Jul 31 2008, 03:11 AM) [snapback]398181[/snapback]
If you look at the compu box numbers {I know they're just above worthless} AM numbers were horrendous. In round 7 he threw 130 punches and only 48 connected.

Sorry but any fighter who lands 48 punches in a round is doing well regardless of if he threw 200 punches in that round. The fact that he does not gas when missing 1/2 his punches is testamant to his stamina levels.

I honestly do not understand the hate being directed towards either fighter I really don't. It seems like some PBF fanboys cannot stand the guy he refused to fight is winning & winning in impressive fashion. he lost a razor thin decision to PW who is another welter PBF did not want to fight. AM has done nothing to deserve the hate he is getting. He is a honest hard worker who gets by on guts & heart which other so called elite fighters may have but consistantly choose never to display.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Jul 31 2008, 01:09 AM) [snapback]398204[/snapback]

Actually Landiz_The ASS I dont care for either one of them as a fighter/boxer. I didnt care who won, I just wanted to see somebody get knocked out cause I know they both where offense first and defense is optional type fighters. I'M A MAYWEATHER FAN and not ashamed to say but a Judah fan as well. I'm far from hating on him, I congratulate him for his victory. I have no reason to hate on another mans success. CONGRATULATE not HATE! All I'm saying is before everybody jump on his bandwagon and start claiming him as the greatest thing since sliced bread, lets see if this victory was not a fluke by dominating somebody who has victories over him like WILLIAMS or over some other top WW and Cintron ass dont count! Just like I dont agree that Calzaghe should be considered the best LHW just cause he beat one with a belt. I'd rather see him beat 2 or 3 top 5 LHW before I give him that. Every dog has his day just like Buster did against Tyson, and what did he do after that...........NOT A DAMN thing! SO GET ALL OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT OFF OF MARGORITA'S NUTTS for a little and let him walk with out a limp and let him attempt beat some more Top Fighters. So in closing, I congratulate him because he knocked off one of the men at the top but not them all.

Be Easy!
KING!
yesindeed
This whole talk about P4P with Tony is rediculous. His win with Cotto was huge for sure it was, but everybody knew when Cotto would be pressured with hard punches and a sub par chin he was dont. A big balloon waiting to be popped. Now Tony beats Cotto cuz GOD blessed him with an impecable chin and endurance outside of that hs is a 28 and 13 fighter. This being said when u speak p4p u have to keep in mind skill as well as weight. Floyd moved up fought other division fighters, as well as almost anybody considered p4p. Let Tony do something outside of welter were they are all like 5ft7 and small and then talk. The last two tall and big fighters he fought he did not get a win. A p4p can fight bigger guys who have advantages over them which is what a Cotto was trying to do. Keep that in mind before you go speaking p4p when u know nothing about that meaning.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 31 2008, 02:58 AM) [snapback]398221[/snapback]
Sorry but any fighter who lands 48 punches in a round is doing well regardless of if he threw 200 punches in that round. The fact that he does not gas when missing 1/2 his punches is testamant to his stamina levels.

I honestly do not understand the hate being directed towards either fighter I really don't. It seems like some PBF fanboys cannot stand the guy he refused to fight is winning & winning in impressive fashion. he lost a razor thin decision to PW who is another welter PBF did not want to fight. AM has done nothing to deserve the hate he is getting. He is a honest hard worker who gets by on guts & heart which other so called elite fighters may have but consistantly choose never to display.

Hey Stevenski,

Don't confuse my statement of facts as HATE. On the contrary, I have no hate whatsoever for AM, but the facts are the facts. Everything I stated in my previous post were factual not emotionally motivated.

I think AM deserves alot of credit for winning TWO championship belts in his last two fights. That is an awesome accomplishment ...... BUT ...... He is not a revised, upgraded Margarito because of those feats. He is still the same guy he alway was, having poor boxing technique. His most positive assets are his awesome ability to take a punch, his stamina, his size and his workrate.

Now with that being said ........ What makes a fighter P4P eligible????????????

Also, I totally disagree with you on the ratio 48\130 being favorable. Those numbers are not good for a professional boxer. I don't care who he's fighting, that's not even half 50% connect percentage. That is just plain awful.
salvador
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Jul 31 2008, 09:44 AM) [snapback]398237[/snapback]
Also, I totally disagree with you on the ratio 48\130 being favorable. Those numbers are not good for a professional boxer. I don't care who he's fighting, that's not even half 50% connect percentage. That is just plain awful.

I think that's the heart of everyone's unwillingness to give Tony his p4p status. Because, unlike virtually every other fighter in the sport, Marg has the stamina to throw 130 punches a round - and most of those were power shots - that's his game! And the ones that didn't land kept Cotto on his toes. Any time a mauler like Tony lands 48 shots in a round, it's a damn good round for Tony. And even though he looks slow and uncoordinated doing it, he punishes his opponents like nobody else in the division with bodyshots.

I don't really care about the p4p debate because I don't think it's fair to compare Marg to the smaller wws just because they fight at the same weight. The fact is that Marg's body structure is much much bigger than the average ww and as a consequence he's able to take a better punch and land a better punch. If Marg was 5'7", he would have been beaten - badly. But Marg is bigger and stronger and as long as he's fighting at 147, he's one of the most formidable guys in the sport p4p.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Jul 31 2008, 08:44 AM) [snapback]398237[/snapback]

That's the problem right there. Everyone has different criteria. Some look mainly at a fighter's pure boxing skills when this debate comes up. Some want to say it's strictly about in-ring accomplishments. Some want to throw excitement and fan satisfaction into the mix. When it comes right down to it, who really gives a shit?
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jul 31 2008, 12:08 AM) [snapback]398222[/snapback]
Actually Landiz_The ASS I dont care for either one of them as a fighter/boxer. I didnt care who won, I just wanted to see somebody get knocked out cause I know they both where offense first and defense is optional type fighters. I'M A MAYWEATHER FAN and not ashamed to say but a Judah fan as well. I'm far from hating on him, I congratulate him for his victory. I have no reason to hate on another mans success. CONGRATULATE not HATE! All I'm saying is before everybody jump on his bandwagon and start claiming him as the greatest thing since sliced bread, lets see if this victory was not a fluke by dominating somebody who has victories over him like WILLIAMS or over some other top WW and Cintron ass dont count! Just like I dont agree that Calzaghe should be considered the best LHW just cause he beat one with a belt. I'd rather see him beat 2 or 3 top 5 LHW before I give him that. Every dog has his day just like Buster did against Tyson, and what did he do after that...........NOT A DAMN thing! SO GET ALL OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT OFF OF MARGORITA'S NUTTS for a little and let him walk with out a limp and let him attempt beat some more Top Fighters. So in closing, I congratulate him because he knocked off one of the men at the top but not them all.

Be Easy!
KING!

Actually 3Queen3 U ARE A HATER BECAUSE YOU ARE A GAYWEATHER FAN DONT DENY IT AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION ANTONIO MARGARITO HAS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVORITE FIGHTERS SINCE KERMIT CINTRON WAS DESTROYED IN THE FIRST FIGHT. SO IF U DONT KNOW SOMETHING WHY TALK BUT THEN AGAIN I UNDERSTAND BECAUSE UR A GAYWEATHER FAN. $8 MILLION HAHAHAHA PUSSY. fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif

Landiz_Tha Don Peace!
dj necrogenic
I wouldnt go so far as to call Margarito a Top 10 P4Per yet, but he's definitely on his way, and proven to be an elite fighter... But he needs a couple big wins before he can make the rankings.. These days people tend to overhype a fighter based on one good win.. Kelly Pavlik comes to mind, the guy beats Jermain Taylor twice and all of a sudden is a P4Per... Lets let him get a couple of more fights against different styles before we automatically rank them so high
Spyder
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Jul 31 2008, 12:34 PM) [snapback]398264[/snapback]
Actually 3Queen3 U ARE A HATER BECAUSE YOU ARE A GAYWEATHER FAN DONT DENY IT AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION ANTONIO MARGARITO HAS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVORITE FIGHTERS SINCE KERMIT CINTRON WAS DESTROYED IN THE FIRST FIGHT. SO IF U DONT KNOW SOMETHING WHY TALK BUT THEN AGAIN I UNDERSTAND BECAUSE UR A GAYWEATHER FAN. $8 MILLION HAHAHAHA PUSSY. fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif

Landiz_Tha Don Peace!

Vk3do?
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 31 2008, 10:14 AM) [snapback]398272[/snapback]
Vk3do?

Wazzup Spyder IM A NEW MEMBER LOL!!! FIGHTHYPE RULES!!!!! drinks.gif
JD
The fact that you keep telling us your a new member makes me believe you aren't a new member at all.

dj necrogenic
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 31 2008, 10:52 AM) [snapback]398280[/snapback]
The fact that you keep telling us your a new member makes me believe you aren't a new member at all.

Whats up JD, I'm a new member! clapping.gif
JD
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jul 31 2008, 01:52 PM) [snapback]398281[/snapback]
Whats up JD, I'm a new member! clapping.gif

Welcome to the board, DJ.
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 31 2008, 11:28 AM) [snapback]398286[/snapback]
Welcome to the board, DJ.

How'd you know my name? Are you a stalker aggressive.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jul 31 2008, 01:14 PM) [snapback]398272[/snapback]
Vk3do?

That's what I'm thinking
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jul 31 2008, 12:11 PM) [snapback]398289[/snapback]
That's what I'm thinking

HAHAHAHAHA offtopic.gif
FenderDG3
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 30 2008, 09:13 PM) [snapback]398168[/snapback]

Fitz, very good post. I'm about on par with everybody so far. Just outside the top 10, but definitely inside the top 15 probably 11-14.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jul 30 2008, 09:06 PM) [snapback]398166[/snapback]
Antonio's win this past weekend was more than just a victory, it was his crowing achievement and maybe a prelude to more to come. Before this weekend I thought Margarito was nothing more than a good fighter who didn't have the tools to make it to the top. Now Margarito finds himself one fight away from welterweight supremacy. With that being said, does this fight move him into the Pound for Pound rankings?

Personally, I don't think he his Pound for Pound top 10 but definitely top 15!

What are your thoughts? Discuss

I agree with you for sure..Margarito is top 15 but not top 10 YET..I hope none of you still have Cotto in the top 10 cause I believe he was beaten by Mosley and Margarito..Cotto was lucky to get the Mosley decision in my opinion even though it was a very very close fight..If Margarito beats Paul Williams,he is definitely top 10 P4P..
Douchebag
Personally, I think P4P should only be measured by the accomplishments of the fighter in the ring. I don't care how he does it or if it looks good when he does it all that matters is the results. With that said Tony still has alot more to do before can be discussed legitimately in the P4P rankings.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Jul 31 2008, 01:44 PM) [snapback]398237[/snapback]
Hey Stevenski,

Don't confuse my statement of facts as HATE. On the contrary, I have no hate whatsoever for AM, but the facts are the facts. Everything I stated in my previous post were factual not emotionally motivated.

I think AM deserves alot of credit for winning TWO championship belts in his last two fights. That is an awesome accomplishment ...... BUT ...... He is not a revised, upgraded Margarito because of those feats. He is still the same guy he alway was, having poor boxing technique. His most positive assets are his awesome ability to take a punch, his stamina, his size and his workrate.

I was not specifically referring to you as a hater of Marg but the general hate he is getting for beating a undefeated fighter in impressive fashion. As for connect % I don't care about how many punches land vs thrown % wise. I care about how many you land period. If you throw 50 a round & land 30 great but if you throw 100 a round & land 40 that is even better IMO. Especially if they are hard power shots & not jabs.

Fitz said it all with his % breakdown really.
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 31 2008, 05:37 PM) [snapback]398336[/snapback]
I was not specifically referring to you as a hater of Marg but the general hate he is getting for beating a undefeated fighter in impressive fashion. As for connect % I don't care about how many punches land vs thrown % wise. I care about how many you land period. If you throw 50 a round & land 30 great but if you throw 100 a round & land 40 that is even better IMO. Especially if they are hard power shots & not jabs.

Fitz said it all with his % breakdown really.

CMON GUYS STEVENSKI IS RIGHT U GUYS GOTTA GIVE THE HOMIE MARGARITO CREDIT ON WHAT HE DID THIS PAST SATURDAY AND BELIEVE ME WHEN I SEE A CHANGED FIGHTER. MARGARITO CHANGED A LOT. HE USE TO THROW WIDER PUNCHES AND WAS ALWAYS THROWING PUNCHES FROM THE INSIDE, BUT WHAT I SAW FROM HIM THIS WEEKEND WAS INCREDIBLE. HE WAS THROWING PUNCHES FROM THE OUTSIDE AND WAS USING THAT JAB NICELY. HE SHOWED WAY MORE SPEED. A BETTER BODY ATTACK. HE USED HIS LENGHT I MEAN TRUST ME HE WILL BEAT P. WILLIAMS IN A REMATCH. HE STARTS FASTER. I MEAN I LOVED THE WAY HE FOUGHT THIS WEEKEND. FOR COTTO I SAW THE BEST COTTO THAT NIGHT. THOSE NICE CRISP PUNCHES HE WAS THROWING WERE VERY POWERFUL SHOTS aggressive.gif . I MEAN THOSE SHOTS WOULD OF DROPPED ANY OTHER WELTER OUT THEIR SO I GIVE CREDIT TO COTTO EVEN THOUGHT MY HOMIE TJ TORNADO WON. GREAT FIGHT. LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. MARGARITO IS AN IMPROVED FIGHTER. HE USED HIS SKILLS ON THIS FIGHT. HE SHOULNT BE CALLED THE TJ TORNADO ANYMORE. HIS NEW NICK NAME WILL BE TJ HURRICANE.

Landiz_Tha Don Peace!
King Eugene
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Jul 31 2008, 12:34 PM) [snapback]398264[/snapback]

Landiz_Tha Don Peace!

LOL Just plain ol dumb. THIS GUY IS SCREAMING AT ME OVER THE INTERNET. Call him what you want, he retired undefeated. 8 million was all he was going to get. Fighting Bald. he got 8 million, a more highly recognized belt, and part of the paperview money which added up to over 10 million. You do the math...last time I checked 10 million was more than 8 million. YOU INTERNET THUG! LMBO
King Eugene
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jul 31 2008, 12:40 PM) [snapback]398265[/snapback]
I wouldnt go so far as to call Margarito a Top 10 P4Per yet, but he's definitely on his way, and proven to be an elite fighter... But he needs a couple big wins before he can make the rankings.. These days people tend to overhype a fighter based on one good win.. Kelly Pavlik comes to mind, the guy beats Jermain Taylor twice and all of a sudden is a P4Per... Lets let him get a couple of more fights against different styles before we automatically rank them so high

I agree 100%. I've been saying that all along. Just like I dont agree with Calzaghe being the number 1 LHW cause he only beat one that had one belt and as much as I dont like Antonio Tarver he does have two belts. And if Jones beat Calzaghe I dont think he should be looked at as the best LHW out there either (even though I'll still say it) but he use to be. But I agree you have to do more than just win the belt...you have to defend it against good opponents.
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jul 31 2008, 07:04 PM) [snapback]398352[/snapback]
LOL Just plain ol dumb. THIS GUY IS SCREAMING AT ME OVER THE INTERNET. Call him what you want, he retired undefeated. 8 million was all he was going to get. Fighting Bald. he got 8 million, a more highly recognized belt, and part of the paperview money which added up to over 10 million. You do the math...last time I checked 10 million was more than 8 million. YOU INTERNET THUG! LMBO

DAMN 3Queen3 U JUST KEEP TALKING IM NOT GOING TO WAIST MY TIME ON AN IGNORANT WHITEBOY THAT KEEPS TALKING SHIT. ONLY GAYWEATHER FANS.YEA I COULD ONLY TALK SHIT TO U HERE CUZ I CANT C U NOWHERE IN THE STREETS, U ALWAYS IN UR PARENTS BASEMENT HIDING. fuck.gif fuck.gif.

Is Floyd Mayweather ducking Margarito? taunt.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOSYzIKJFro

Landiz_Tha Don
Peace!
King Eugene
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Aug 1 2008, 12:03 AM) [snapback]398367[/snapback]
DAMN 3Queen3 U JUST KEEP TALKING IM NOT GOING TO WAIST MY TIME ON AN IGNORANT WHITEBOY THAT KEEPS TALKING SHIT. ONLY GAYWEATHER FANS.YEA I COULD ONLY TALK SHIT TO U HERE CUZ I CANT C U NOWHERE IN THE STREETS, U ALWAYS IN UR PARENTS BASEMENT HIDING. fuck.gif fuck.gif.

Is Floyd Mayweather ducking Margarito? taunt.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOSYzIKJFro
Landiz_Tha Don
Peace!

LMBO...so young and immature. You'll grow up one day!
D-MARV
We're breaking one of Warlord's golden rules...

NO INTERNET THUGGERY!
STEVENSKI
Hype needs to change Landiz's screen name to VK3DO & get him his old PBF avatar. Just for kicks.
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 31 2008, 10:56 PM) [snapback]398382[/snapback]
Hype needs to change Landiz's screen name to VK3DO & get him his old PBF avatar. Just for kicks.

IM NOT HERE TO MAKE ENEMIES BUT THAT 3Queen3 STARTED TALKING LOUD AND I STARTED TALKING BACK. SO WTF. HAHAHAH KNOW U, BITCH PLZ!!!

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
STEVENSKI
English please & enough of the caps mate. Please.
Bhopreign
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Jul 30 2008, 10:11 PM) [snapback]398181[/snapback]
Nicely Put, lol!!!!

If you look at the compu box numbers {I know they're just above worthless} AM numbers were horrendous. In round 7 he threw 130 punches and only 48 connected. So he is still the same Margarito. He just is physically in the wrong division. He is a true 154+ pounder and there are few if any true WW that can match his size. I don't count williams because he is still very young and eventually he's going to start having problems making the 147lb limit.

AM = P4P ................. NO!!!!!!!

He is a huge fish in a pond with alot of smaller fishes and when you have that kind of size advantgage coupled with that iron chin, you're going to be a force, its just inevitable. But, his timing is terrible, his accuracy is terrible and his technique is terrible, still he gets the job done. Because he is a physical force in the ring. And that my friend, don't make you a P4P best in the sport.

I disagree on his timing is terrible. You have to look at what he brings to the table. Chin, stamina, heart, determination, and volume punching, combine all that with he is bigger than most welters and comes forward. What you have to understand about Margarito is that he isnt trying to land every punch, more times than not he is throwing a punch not caring if it lands but that the other will. He throws sometimes just so a fighter will move his head so he can land the punch he really wants to land. Thats the reason for him throwing triple and quadruple uppercuts, watch when he does it, he usually follows with a right hand, watch the slower speed of the uppercuts and watch the much faster right hand behind it. Its different but not far from what Kasim Ouma does, he tries to wear you down with volume punching and his stamina, but out of every four punches, one will be a hard one, the one he really wants to land. I dont like Margarito fighting at this weight myself because he is so much bigger than most, I wish weigh-ins were held on the same day, Ive been saying this for years, then you would see who the real champions were. Floyd would have fought the same style as Cotto but the difference is that Floyd wouldnt have looked under duress and not desparate the least bit, whereas Cotto did look uneasy, not because we are used to seeing him come forward, but because he fought to keep Margarito off of him. Rule number one, set your own tempo, even if the guy is coming forward with much pressure, hard to feint someone who throws as many as Margo but thats why you have to have other wrinkles in your game, Floyd would hold from round one, just like P. Will did, thats let's the ref know its part of your gameplan and not when youre tired or hurt because then he will know youre holding because youre in trouble and won't allow it. Floyd would also make Margo miss, you get much more tired when you miss punches, I dont care how many he thinks he can throw, Margo would also get frustrated. He would beat himself by looking very bad, thats all you have to do, make him look bad and land your own, go the distance and the judges will be impressed, you will win against a guy like Margorito. Margo threw 1675 punches against Clottey and missed over 1300 times, there is a method to his madness and he is alot smarter than many give him credit for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.