Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatton VS. Malignaggi
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze
I'm wonderin who ya all are pickin to win the fight??It'll definitely be a real good fight..I expect it to be like the Cotto/Malignaggi fight but Paulie is a lot better since then and Hatton doesn't hit as hard a Cotto but has better footwork and is quicker..What do ya think??This will be a good fight for sure..
Boxingjunkie
Im not to sure it will be that great of a fight. All the things that made the Cotto vs. Malignaggi fight interesting you eliminated. It will be a fight to watch but neither guy has impressed lately. Maybe they put it all together and deliver a great fight like you suggest. Lets hope anyway.
hitman harding
I'm taking Pauli by SD
The word from the Brits is Hattons done. His sparring partners say he ain't what he was.
Hes lost his stamina to go 12 rounds.
I hope i'm wrong
Nay_Sayer
Hatton
lloyd mayflower
how can everyone say hatton is burnt out, fair enough he lost at a higher weight to the best fighter on the planet, but previous to that he was winning belts in all his fights and if we are honest, didnt have a nightmare against lazcano considering it was a comeback from a KO he still pounded him for 12 rounds and its credit to lazcano that he hung in there. hes still the man at 140 and will prove it against the maggot malignaggi. come on hitman!
Mean Mister Mustard
Hatton by UD but I predict Malignaggi beats him in the clinching category.
D-MARV
I have Maliganggi by Clear decision! probably closer than need be on the scorecards!

For the gamblers
Malignaggi, Hopkins, and Casamayor are all underdogs. Some good numbers too. Check in to it!
Oh Yeah Judah is an Underdog as well. but that is a tough one. I don't know what Judah will show up
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 1 2008, 12:38 AM) [snapback]398375[/snapback]
I have Maliganggi by Clear decision! probably closer than need be on the scorecards!

For the gamblers
Malignaggi, Hopkins, and Casamayor are all underdogs. Some good numbers too. Check in to it!
Oh Yeah Judah is an Underdog as well. but that is a tough one. I don't know what Judah will show up

If Judah gets on his toes like he did in the old days he can beat CLottey.
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Jul 31 2008, 08:39 PM) [snapback]398364[/snapback]
Im not to sure it will be that great of a fight. All the things that made the Cotto vs. Malignaggi fight interesting you eliminated. It will be a fight to watch but neither guy has impressed lately. Maybe they put it all together and deliver a great fight like you suggest. Lets hope anyway.

DAMN IM NOT SURE EITHER BUT I HOPE THEYLL BRING THEIR "A" GAME AND BRING THE FANS A GOOD FIGHT. WINNER SHOULD FIGHT COTTO AT WELTERWEIGHT. COTTO VS HATTON OR COTTO VS MALIGNAGGI THE REMATCH. WHAT DO U GUYS THINK???

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
BigG
Paulie Malignaggi by decision. He can take a beating (proved it against Herman, Ndou and Cotto), he's got heart, and he's got skills & speed. It might be close but I think he'll pull it off..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Aug 1 2008, 01:21 AM) [snapback]398384[/snapback]
DAMN IM NOT SURE EITHER BUT I HOPE THEYLL BRING THEIR "A" GAME AND BRING THE FANS A GOOD FIGHT. WINNER SHOULD FIGHT COTTO AT WELTERWEIGHT. COTTO VS HATTON OR COTTO VS MALIGNAGGI THE REMATCH. WHAT DO U GUYS THINK???

I think this fight has a lot of potential as long as there isn't too much clinching..Malignaggi always puts on good fights I think..He may not be a hard puncher but he has really good skills..I can't get enough of watching Malignaggi throwing his jab..I'd really want to see a Malignaggi/Berto fight..That'd be a amazing fight..Who's jab do you all think would be better??I have no clue..They both have amazing jabs..Either a Cotto fight or a Berto fight should be in store for the winner of Hatton/Malignaggi,unless they are both planning on staying at Jr. Welterweight..Hatton definitely is a lot better at Jr. Welterweight but Malignaggi is good at Jr. Welterweight and Welterweight..
Douchebag
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 1 2008, 06:05 PM) [snapback]398429[/snapback]
I think this fight has a lot of potential as long as there isn't too much clinching..Malignaggi always puts on good fights I think..He may not be a hard puncher but he has really good skills..I can't get enough of watching Malignaggi throwing his jab..I'd really want to see a Malignaggi/Berto fight..That'd be a amazing fight..Who's jab do you all think would be better??I have no clue..They both have amazing jabs..Either a Cotto fight or a Berto fight should be in store for the winner of Hatton/Malignaggi,unless they are both planning on staying at Jr. Welterweight..Hatton definitely is a lot better at Jr. Welterweight but Malignaggi is good at Jr. Welterweight and Welterweight..

Berto should be salivating at a chance to fight either Paulie or Ricky.
dj necrogenic
I have to go with Malignaggi here... He moves around too quickly for Hatton to be able to get him in any wrestling holds, and Malignaggi is quick enough with his punches to tag Hatton all night long...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Aug 1 2008, 05:11 PM) [snapback]398430[/snapback]
Berto should be salivating at a chance to fight either Paulie or Ricky.

HAHAHA..For sure!!Either one would be the best fighter he's fought..They'd both make for good fights too..There'd be a lot of speed in the ring if either of those 2 fought Berto..Then we'd see what kinda potential Berto really has..I say Berto has potential to be the best in the division as long as he keeps improving his skills..He just needs to have true tests to make him show he can step it up..Only time will tell..
PR316
If Paulie has 2 good hands and he's got his head on straight, I think he'll decisively outbox Hatton en route to a UD.

Hatton isn't a big puncher and though he's got deceptive speed, he's more concerned now with wrestling his opponents than putting together punches.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(PR316 @ Aug 1 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]398440[/snapback]
If Paulie has 2 good hands and he's got his head on straight, I think he'll decisively outbox Hatton en route to a UD.
Hatton isn't a big puncher and though he's got deceptive speed, he's more concerned now with wrestling his opponents than putting together punches.

Both guys like to clinch. If Hatton learns how to throw straight rights he can counter the hell out of Malignaggi.
D-MARV

Slick boxers will always give Hatton Trouble!!!!!
hardhead
Both Hatton and Malinaggi haven't looked very good lately, Paulie looked awful against Ndou the second time and barely squeaked by Ngojdo so I'm not sure which one is going to show up. My original pick was Hatton by UD partly because I think Hatton is not a huge puncher and Paulie can take a pretty good shot, and I felt hatton would just maul and brawl Paulie to a decision. The other part of my thinking was the fight was going to be in Manchester so I could've seen a wide decision. But it's not I can see it being a lot closer now.

Hatton relies on the pressure and overpowering his opponents with his superior strength. I could see this fight being as ugly as his last several because of his mauling style. Hatton loves to come forward very aggressively and I think that could play right into Paulie hands, Paulie IF he is on his game(and that's a big IF) should be able to use those angles and fire the jab to offset Hatton. That jab will set up that pesky right hand. He did this to Ndou in the first fight and he was highly successful(knocking Ndou down for the first time, all because of timing and the off the jab). In the second Ndou fight though Ndou got smarter and didn't run in as wreckless and he started to counter Paulie a little more with the straight right hands over the jab(plus the hair was a big fucking mess) and boxed a little bit more instead of trying to hunt him down. I think Hatton's should definitely go to that body early and often as much as possible, that I think will be the key to Hatton winning this fight. Hatton on the other used to be good at cutting off the ring and he's going to need to do that here with Paulie. Like others have mentioned I wonder how much he's been effected by the loss but probably more importantly all the other issues he's been dealing(weight, trainer etc) with. Are they starting to take a toll? I said after the Lazcano fight that I wasn't going to judge Hatton too harsly since he was facing a very tough and rugged veteran and coming off his first loss so this is fight to show me that he still has something left in the tank. The old hatton would IMO beat Malinaggi pretty decisively but I wonder if that Hatton will show up(just like I wonder which Malinaggi will show up).

In the end I'm going to go with Malinaggi by SD in a competitive but ugly fight. I think Malinaggi shows up like he did against Cherry and Ndou the first time and has one of his better performances against a Hatton who just won't seem like the same Hatton from a couple years ago. Even though Malinaggi can't crack an egg I think he'll be able to land pretty cleanly and bother Hatton in many rounds and control most of the fight with his movement and boxing skills.
rusty_trombone
Honestly, Paulie has to prove his hands can last 4 rounds, let alone a whole damn fight. If his hands don't break, then it will be a competitive fight, i think. If not, Hatton will probably smother him, provided he hasn't had too many pints of Ale and sausage and peas.

There's alot of question marks for this fight, concerning what condition either guy will come in, if Hatton is past it, if Paulie can use both hands. Should make it interesting to watch for a few rounds at least, but you'll know fairly early in the fight how it's going to pan out. I think this fight will be able to tell you alot about where each of these fighters are in their respective careers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.