Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rampage dumps Juanito Ibarra
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Warlord
Just heard that Rampage dumped his most recent trainer, Juanito Ibarra. Don't when it's going to be made official, but I was pretty stunned to hear it. Rampage had always talked very highly of Juanito in the past, and I think it was because of Juanito that Quinton was able to transform himself into one of the best stand-up fighters in the Light heavyweight division over the last few years.

Don't know where Quinton goes from here, or when we'll see him again, but it's just one more stunner in what has been Quinton's strange, post-UFC 86 journey.
thehype
Actually, the news is a little old...I believe he dumped him right after the fight. The rumor is that that's why Page went nuts...something about money and stuff...you know Juanito's all religious and stuff and him and Quinton were really into the scripture. I think Rampage found out that maybe Juanito was scamming him or something. Not sure though...all just speculation.
Warlord
QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 1 2008, 10:54 AM) [snapback]398411[/snapback]
Actually, the news is a little old...I believe he dumped him right after the fight. The rumor is that that's why Page went nuts...something about money and stuff...you know Juanito's all religious and stuff and him and Quinton were really into the scripture. I think Rampage found out that maybe Juanito was scamming him or something. Not sure though...all just speculation.

I'm a world away, brother. Legitimate news in China tends to be a day late and a dollar short, lol.

Anyway, the whole situation is fucked up. I don't know why you'd be letting a trainer handle your financial affairs anyway, which is the only way I could see he was getting scammed. Juanito was a boxing coach though, so you never know. laugh.gif

I doubt anyone knows half of what was going on, and probably never will. Rampage seems like the last guy you'd expect that kind of shit from. Old-school Chris Leben, sure. Nyquil-quaffing Chuck Liddel, maybe. Happy-go-lucky Quinton Jackson? Never.
BigG
It looked like they were great together....oh well. Hope Rampage finds some success in the future and gets a rematch with Griffin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.