Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question for all the guys "Down Under"
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BGv2.0
This has been on my mind lately....and I know we have a few guys from there that post on here.

Here in America....we only have 6 poisonous insects/snakes.....only one of which is considered "deadly"

1.) Black Widow Spider
2.) Brown Recluse Spider
3.) Rattlesnakes
4.) Cotton Mouth (snake)
5.) Copperhead (snake)
6.) Coral Snake (a crait, BUT...has a such a tiny mouth it almost has to bite between the fingers or toes to actually poison you...plus they are very passive and run away before they attack)

Other than a handful of wasps, ants and scorpions and one Lizard....that's pretty much it. With the Coral snake being the most deadly, all the rest are usually non-lethal, unless the person is severly allergic to the toxin.

Now....unlike you guys (or so it seems)....it almost seems like everything around you at any one time can kill you over there.

I always see on Animal Planet and the National Geo channels....EVERYTIME they do a count down of world's most dealiest whatever....the list is usually dominated by Australia.

SO.....tell me this....is it really as bad as these shows make it seem?

Or is it all hype?

From what I gather I'd bet that you guys take Africa and South America and even Asia as far as number of shit that can kill you at any given moment.

ALSO....IF it is true....has there ever been an explanation given as to why this island has such a high number of deadly shit?

Thanks for any info....this just fasinates me.
STEVENSKI
In Sydney we have Funnel Web spiders & Redback spiders who will both kill you if they bite you & you do not get immediate treatment. The funnel web can waste you in 15 minutes & they are EVERYWHERE!

I have encountered quite a few snakes in the bush & I have to admit I am scared shitless of them.

The deadliest ones I have encountered in the wild were a Tiger snake a Copperhead a Brown snake & a Red Bellied Black snake.

Luckily I have never encountered a King Brown or Taipan but have seen them at Steve Irwins zoo & they are big & fuckin scary looking. The deadliest snake in the world is the small scaled Taipan one bite can kill 100 people which Steve Irwins zoo also has.

Blue ringed octopus, stonefish & Box jellyfish will kill you quick too if you seen then when swimming.

That is leaving out the standard ones like Great Whites, Tiger sharks & Saltwater Crocks.

Then again there are also a lot of animals who will just fuck you up real good if you mess with them. A big red kangaroo can disembowel you if it wants to with it's hind legs.

STEVENSKI
Oh yeah there is no explanation except to be a Aussie you have to be one bad muthafucker. You know that wallet in Pulp Fiction? That ain't no joke thats what kids get when they are born out here.

Tszyu said Soviet Russia was not hard enough so that is why he came to Australia & considering the two baddest muthafuckers on the board & me & Fitz I think that says it all.
STEVENSKI
Drop bears will fuck you up too & they hunt in packs. They drop onto your back & claw your head. When you go down they rush you & rip your eyes out. Highly dangerous creatures because they look like Koalas but are actually carnivores. Usually they eat animals like dogs & sheep but once a year or so they get a camper taking a dump or something.

See the claws? They are like razors & they have little rows of sharp teeth. Very deceptive & very deadly.

rusty_trombone
This man wasn't a bad ass by choice, but by birthright:

or this man:

BGv2.0
"Drop Bears".....WTF!?

That's insane!

Man....you must have to be tough as nails everything around you can kill....

Funnel spiders, Drop bears, Mark "Chopper" Reed! lol
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Aug 5 2008, 01:53 PM) [snapback]399145[/snapback]
"Drop Bears".....WTF!?

That's insane!

I think that's a koala bear
hardhead
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Aug 5 2008, 05:53 PM) [snapback]399145[/snapback]
"Drop Bears".....WTF!?

That's insane!

and you thought motherfuckers in Texas were bad ass...laugh.gif
BGv2.0
HAHA....very funny guys! I looked up "Drop Bears" and it's the equal to our Snipe Hunting here in the states!

Across an entire ocan and you still got me! fuck.gif
dj necrogenic
Fuck that... Mexico's Chupacabra can kill a Drop Bear easily
hitman harding
I 've seen a tasmanian tiger snake up close, Its # 5 or 6 on the most deadly list. It saw me and bolted lol
Most of the snakes in Australia don't mess with humans.
Spyder
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Aug 5 2008, 06:33 PM) [snapback]399189[/snapback]
Fuck that... Mexico's Chupacabra can kill a Drop Bear easily

I don't know about that, but at least we have video proof that the Chupacabra exists!

http://www.local10.com/video/17166768/index.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.