Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JC Chavez vs Roger Mayweather II
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8FL6Mye8I4

Prime Chavez...just imagine Chavez vs Mayweather at 135.
D-MARV
Im gonna get flammed...LOL

I think Mayweather Jr beats Chavez @ 135!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 5 2008, 09:54 PM) [snapback]399229[/snapback]
Im gonna get flammed...LOL

I think Mayweather Jr beats Chavez @ 135!

You think Mayweather beats Klitschko and people know that, They expect it of you so don't worry no one will flame you.
worldsapart509
Would have been a great fight! Floyd Jr. ain't no Roger man, Jr. is way better than his uncle ever was.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 5 2008, 09:58 PM) [snapback]399232[/snapback]
You think Mayweather beats Klitschko and people know that, They expect it of you so don't worry no one will flame you.

LOL... He'll stop Klit in 11!

For the record, there are a lot of fighters I feel "COULD" have beaten Floyd!

Sugar Ray Leonard
Tommy Hearns
Roberton Duran (if he doesn't get frustrated and quit)
Pernell Whitaker
Aaron Pryor, (that could have been fun)!
Felix Trinidad

There's many other as well! but from 135 on down I dont know many that could have beaten Floyd! Duran if you consider him 135!

Even fighters today would have a solid chance against Floyd!
Paul Williams
Josh Clottey...

Im not a complete Floyd "nuthugger" but I do like the guy and would favor him over everyone from 154 on down!

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 5 2008, 10:09 PM) [snapback]399240[/snapback]

Sugar Ray Leonard
Tommy Hearns
Pernell Whitaker
Felix Trinidad

There's many other as well! but from 135 on down I dont know many that could have beaten Floyd! Duran if you consider him 135!

Paul Williams
Josh Clottey...

Im not a complete Floyd "nuthugger" but I do like the guy and would favor him over everyone from 154 on down!

LOL, honestly, Mayweather KO Klit in 1.

But seriouly a Chavez-Mayweather fight would not be easy to call. On one hand Chavez never had an easy time with slick fighters. And Mayweather Jr is the definition of slick. However, Chavez isn't Hatton. He won't lunge in with wide hooks. Chavez was the consumate Mexican pressure fighter who bob and weavs to get inside and who knows exaclty where to throw his bodypunches.

Chavez is a better all around version of Jose Luis Castillo and we all know how much trouble he gave PBF in their 2 fights.

But anyway this thread is about Chavez in his prime. This clip made me want to go watch some of his fights again. The man had an iron chin and never stopped coming.
D-MARV
I totally agree! Floyd would have all he can handle... But his versatility would have been the difference. He can box Chavez by Pot Shotting him and moving, then I think he would have stood in the pocket at times. I think Floyd's ability to stand in the pocket (a la James Toney) is very underrated. He is one of the best at it! We haven't seen it lately because he's been fighting up in weight! But you go back and watch some film from 135, Floyd is a master at "Pocket Fighting"
worldsapart509
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 5 2008, 06:21 PM) [snapback]399242[/snapback]
LOL, honestly, Mayweather KO Klit in 1.

But seriouly a Chavez-Mayweather fight would not be easy to call. On one hand Chavez never had an easy time with slick fighters. And Mayweather Jr is the definition of slick. However, Chavez isn't Hatton. He won't lunge in with wide hooks. Chavez was the consumate Mexican pressure fighter who bob and weavs to get inside and who knows exaclty where to throw his bodypunches.

Chavez is a better all around version of Jose Luis Castillo and we all know how much trouble he gave PBF in their 2 fights.

But anyway this thread is about Chavez in his prime. This clip made me want to go watch some of his fights again. The man had an iron chin and never stopped coming.

Yeah! Chavez was a beast when he was in his prime and I'm not talking about the Chavez that fought Taylor. I'm talking about the Chavez that fought Rosario and Martinez.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 5 2008, 10:26 PM) [snapback]399244[/snapback]
I totally agree! Floyd would have all he can handle... But his versatility would have been the difference. He can box Chavez by Pot Shotting him and moving, then I think he would have stood in the pocket at times. I think Floyd's ability to stand in the pocket (a la James Toney) is very underrated. He is one of the best at it! We haven't seen it lately because he's been fighting up in weight! But you go back and watch some film from 135, Floyd is a master at "Pocket Fighting"

He is indeed. One of the fights I most enjoy watching form Mayweather is the Judah and Corley fights. He blasted those guys on the inside. A shame he doesn't do it more often.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 5 2008, 10:30 PM) [snapback]399248[/snapback]
He is indeed. One of the fights I most enjoy watching form Mayweather is the Judah and Corley fights. He blasted those guys on the inside. A shame he doesn't do it more often.

Watch the Ndou and Jesus Chavez fights also!

I believe you can catch them on youtube.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 5 2008, 09:09 PM) [snapback]399240[/snapback]

Sugar Ray Leonard
Tommy Hearns
Pernell Whitaker
Felix Trinidad

Paul Williams
Josh Clottey...

I know you guys are messin,but Klitchko has a good chin..If you look at everyone who has knocked him down,they are all really big punches and caught him clean..Now,for who "could" of beaten Floyd Jr.,Ray Leonard,Tommy Hearns,Pernell Whitaker are the only ones who would of be able to make it possible..Felix Trinidad??Give me a break man,Felix has nothing on Floyd..Duran??It'd be a interesting fight but Floyd skill would allow him to win on points..One name you forgot to mention though that I would have higher hopes for than anyone you named is Sugar Ray Robinson..Ray Robinson would beat everyone you named with ease..Now to the topic,JC Chavez would put Roger in the hospital for a long time unless Roger went down and stayed down early on..Roger didn't even do anything for Floyd Jr. while training him besides holding the mitts for him!!Roger knew not to even try to give tips to Floyd because Floyd has wayyyy more knowledge in boxing then he does..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 5 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]399255[/snapback]
Now to the topic,JC Chavez would put Roger in the hospital for a long time unless Roger went down and stayed down early on..

I am talkin if JC Chavez and Roger were to fight now..haha..JC may be old but he'd still whoop Roger real bad..haha..
D-MARV
Prime Felix could have been difficult for Floyd!

Duran was a "Monster"!!!!! One of my all time Favs in fact. He would have given "Pretty Boy" fits at any weight! Remeber he did beat Sugar Ray and Sugar Ray was every bit of boxer Floyd is!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 5 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]399257[/snapback]
Prime Felix could have been difficult for Floyd!

Duran was a "Monster"!!!!! One of my all time Favs in fact. He would have given "Pretty Boy" fits at any weight! Remeber he did beat Sugar Ray and Sugar Ray was every bit of boxer Floyd is!

Trinidad has a similar style to Sosa who gave Mayweather trouble. Plus Trinidad is more skilled, bigger and hits harder. But if PBF can stay away from the left hook, and I see no reason why he couldn't, he can outjab Trinidad all day long.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 5 2008, 11:18 PM) [snapback]399258[/snapback]
Trinidad has a similar style to Sosa who gave Mayweather trouble. Plus Trinidad is more skilled, bigger and hits harder. But if PBF can stay away from the left hook, and I see no reason why he couldn't, he can outjab Trinidad all day long.

I agree. It would be a close fight either way!
kidbazooka1
Thats Vintage Chavez right there. In the first fight Chavez mauled Mayweather though Roger did land a brutal right hand flush on Chavez chin that would have KO'ed most fighters yet Chavez took it like it was nothing.

Chavez had arguably the greatest chin in boxing history, brutal power and that weight, pinpoint accuracy, knew how to cut off the ring better than any fighter I have ever seen, had very underrated defense becaue he never used it much but when he wanted he could slip and block nicely and was one of the best bodypunchers of all time. I would personaly favor a prime Chavez over any lightweight in history except for Duran.

It's funny because most people think Chavez best was at 140lb yes he ruled that divison for years but he was at his complete best at 135lb. By the time he fought Taylor he was already showing signs of slipping.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 5 2008, 11:18 PM) [snapback]399258[/snapback]

I second that!
worldsapart509
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Aug 5 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]399260[/snapback]
Thats Vintage Chavez right there. In the first fight Chavez mauled Mayweather though Roger did land a brutal right hand flush on Chavez chin that would have KO'ed most fighters yet Chavez took it like it was nothing.

Chavez had arguably the greatest chin in boxing history, brutal power and that weight, pinpoint accuracy, knew how to cut off the ring better than any fighter I have ever seen, had very underrated defense becaue he never used it much but when he wanted he could slip and block nicely and was one of the best bodypunchers of all time. I would personaly favor a prime Chavez over any lightweight in history except for Duran.

It's funny because most people think Chavez best was at 140lb yes he ruled that divison for years but he was at his complete best at 135lb. By the time he fought Taylor he was already showing signs of slipping.

Yeah, 135lbs might have been his best weight, but I felt it was 130lbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.