Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DLH vs Pacquiao
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
I think DLh wins a very competitive fight by unanimous decision. Pacquiao will have his moments and bloody Oscar up. I think Pac man even sees canvas at some time because of Oscars huge advantage in size and leverage.

ON another note, I've been going around to various other boxing site's. It appears that most people dont like the idea of this fight happening. Most people(myself included), think Oscar should fight Antonio Margarito. When Pac's representatives go to the negotiating table should they immediately ask for ALOT more money because Oscar's options appear to be somewhat limited?? Rumor has it that, that is what happened in the Mayweather II negatiations. Floyd wanted parrity with Oscar because he won the 1st fight. Parrity wasnt happening, so there went the fight. Thank you Floyd for sticking to your guns.

Is Oscar over pricing his worth?? Shouldnt Pacquiao get ALOT more money because not only is he fighting a guy who's naturally 20-25lbs heavier. He's also fighting a guy who clearly doesnt have THAT many options. When considering, Oscar wants to go out with a name guy. He wants a winnable fight. LOL!!! He has very few options in his weight class.

List of guys Oscar could fight:

Winky Wright - Not a winnable fight.
Margarito - Not a winnable fight
Cotto - Just lost to Margarito. Cotto probably beats DLH though.
Hatton - Will not fight DLH
Mayweather - Wants and deserves Parrity(In my view)
Trinidad - Cant make weight. Wants parrity because he won the 1st time.
Mosley - Business partner, plus nobody wants to see them fight again
Mora - At this point, NOT a winnable fight.
Forest - Lost to Mora and will lose the rematch.
Daniel Santos - Hmmm... Probably a do-able fight. I'd pick Santos to stop DLH.
Corey Spinks - Not marketable at all.
Clottey - Not a winnable fight
Paul Williams - Not a winnable fight
Andre Berto - Not a winnable fight
Chavez Jr - Do-able and winnable because Jr is still very green. DLH wont get much respect though when he's got Margarito standing in his face.

Then we have Pacquiao. Winnable because he's so much smaller. Marketable because he's well known. Now Oscar is talking up this, "Its personal," shit. Yeah, I see right through that. I'm sure we'll be hearing real soon, how DLH is gonna teach Manny a boxing lesson. No doubt this will be a PPV at $50. This is one we all need to boycott. DLH gets no money from me on this one.
King Eugene
Yes his list is very short considering he wants a winnable fight againts a big name opponent. Looks like Pac is leading the pack by a dang mile.
hardhead
I think DLH knocks him out in 7
BigG
I think Berto is a winnable fight but a DLH-Berto is definitely NOT the big fight/big win he wants for his retirement fight.

Manny seems to be the leading choice.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 6 2008, 04:24 AM) [snapback]399273[/snapback]
I think Berto is a winnable fight but a DLH-Berto is definitely NOT the big fight/big win he wants for his retirement fight.

Manny seems to be the leading choice.

I guess there's always that chance of a lucky DLH haymaker, but c'mon. DLH has always had trouble with slick fighters. He had some issues with the much smaller Forbes. Berto is bigger and better than Forbes. Berto's offense is also much better than Forbes. Berto has more power than Forbes. If Forbes, who has NO POWER, jacked Oscars face up like that, then I think Berto can stop him late. I just dont see how this would be a winnable fight for the mostly inactive DLH.
Fitz
Oscar is definitely not over pricing himself. How can you, when you're the one bringing in the money to feed the family?
Big Slim Sweet
Oscar can't outprice himself since he's the one more or less handing out the cash.

I think the title of this thread should have read: 'Does Manny have Oscar by the balls?'

Interesting take on it. I think to a degree he does. Who else can Oscar beat in his last major superfight?
salvador
I love Pacquiao, but he's a guy who just barely eeked by JMM at 130 5 months ago. Oscar's too smart to destroy the one absolutely bulletproof mark of his career, which is that he was willing to fight EVERYONE (except, of course, Winky).

I think Oscar's going to fight Margarito and I think Oscar has a decent chance of winning the fight - he would have the size, speed, and skill advantages. And even if Oscar loses to Marg, losing a war with a slugger like MArg would do more for his legacy than just about any other scenario I can think of. He needs a memorable fight, one where his heart is on full display, and MArg would certainly be that.
streetlion1
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Aug 6 2008, 01:45 AM) [snapback]399268[/snapback]
I think DLh wins a very competitive fight by unanimous decision. Pacquiao will have his moments and bloody Oscar up. I think Pac man even sees canvas at some time because of Oscars huge advantage in size and leverage.

ON another note, I've been going around to various other boxing site's. It appears that most people dont like the idea of this fight happening. Most people(myself included), think Oscar should fight Antonio Margarito. When Pac's representatives go to the negotiating table should they immediately ask for ALOT more money because Oscar's options appear to be somewhat limited?? Rumor has it that, that is what happened in the Mayweather II negatiations. Floyd wanted parrity with Oscar because he won the 1st fight. Parrity wasnt happening, so there went the fight. Thank you Floyd for sticking to your guns.

Is Oscar over pricing his worth?? Shouldnt Pacquiao get ALOT more money because not only is he fighting a guy who's naturally 20-25lbs heavier. He's also fighting a guy who clearly doesnt have THAT many options. When considering, Oscar wants to go out with a name guy. He wants a winnable fight. LOL!!! He has very few options in his weight class.

Chavez Jr - Do-able and winnable because Jr is still very green. DLH wont get much respect though when he's got Margarito standing in his face.

Then we have Pacquiao. Winnable because he's so much smaller. Marketable because he's well known. Now Oscar is talking up this, "Its personal," shit. Yeah, I see right through that. I'm sure we'll be hearing real soon, how DLH is gonna teach Manny a boxing lesson. No doubt this will be a PPV at $50. This is one we all need to boycott. DLH gets no money from me on this one.

That list is a little disrespectfull of DLH's talent.

Wink- Agree DLH is too small.
Margarito- DLH outboxes and hurts him.
Cotto- Stalemate
Hatton- DLH destroys him.
Mayweather- Afraid
Trinidad- Agree
Mosley- Agree
Mora- DLH takes apart
Forrest- Nah
Santos- Another Victim
Spinks- Agree
Clottey- DLH W 12
P.Will- If Cintron Could beat him DLH for sure could!!
Berto- DLH W 12
Chavez Jr.- DLH stops him early.

The Pacman fight will make alot of money but the fight will stink!! Pacman gets dropped early!
dbdbdb
I'm praying & hoping that Manny knocks out the Golden-Bird.

Mainly because of the disrespect he is showing Pac-Man .... He wants a winnable fight to close out his glorious career. thumbsdown_anim.gif Give me a Fockin break!!!!

I hope Pac-man shocks the world and floors DLH ... the Golden-Chicken. What does the great DLH do then ????????

Fockin Bitch-Ass thumbsdown_anim.gif
Imperius3
QUOTE(salvador @ Aug 6 2008, 12:35 PM) [snapback]399337[/snapback]
I think Oscar's going to fight Margarito and I think Oscar has a decent chance of winning the fight - he would have the size, speed, and skill advantages. And even if Oscar loses to Marg, losing a war with a slugger like MArg would do more for his legacy than just about any other scenario I can think of. He needs a memorable fight, one where his heart is on full display, and MArg would certainly be that.

I agree 100%. Margarito is a winnable fight, and I think it would be a great fight.
BigChiefSlapAHoe
QUOTE(salvador @ Aug 6 2008, 10:35 AM) [snapback]399337[/snapback]
I love Pacquiao, but he's a guy who just barely eeked by JMM at 130 5 months ago. Oscar's too smart to destroy the one absolutely bulletproof mark of his career, which is that he was willing to fight EVERYONE (except, of course, Winky).

I believe DLH being one of the best technical angle fighters, he would have a great chance of beating Margaritos and his flat footed slugger style. DLH W-12 Decision
woooooo
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Aug 6 2008, 12:40 PM) [snapback]399338[/snapback]

Cotto- Stalemate
Mayweather- Afraid
Trinidad- Agree
Mosley- Agree
Mora- DLH takes apart
Forrest- Nah
Santos- Another Victim
Spinks- Agree
Clottey- DLH W 12
Berto- DLH W 12

The Pacman fight will make alot of money but the fight will stink!! Pacman gets dropped early!

I agree for the most part, except Paul Williams never got beat by Cintron, he got beat by Quintana. Winky would outwork, outjab, and outbox DLH at this stage even with the layoff. Margarito has a very good chance given his style, Cotto is too small and stamina is an issue. Santos could outbox DLH, and the rest I really dont care about.
kidbazooka1
Berto hasn't fought anyone yet and from what i've seen of him DLH would school him.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Aug 6 2008, 02:45 AM) [snapback]399268[/snapback]

Mora is a dickbag
D-MARV
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Aug 6 2008, 01:40 PM) [snapback]399338[/snapback]

Cotto- Stalemate
Mayweather- Afraid
Trinidad- Agree
Mosley- Agree
Mora- DLH takes apart
Forrest- Nah
Santos- Another Victim
Spinks- Agree
Clottey- DLH W 12
Berto- DLH W 12

Street, I like you bro but you got this twisted
Winky- I agree with you
Margarito- Close fight either way though I slightly favor Tony
Cotto- Stalemate, winnable fight for Oscar
Hatton- I favor Oscar by UD
Mayweather- Afraid???? Naw... Floyd takes the easy UD!!!!!
Trinidad- Won't happen
Mosley- won't happen, but would favor Shane
Mora- I favor Mora.
Forrest- I couldn't care less!
Santos- I favor Santos, too big and strong
Spinks- Close either way, Cory's boring style could be difficult for Oscar
Clottey- Clottey destroys Oscar
Williams- Paul takes UD
Berto- Close either way, I favor Berto though
Chavez Jr- Oscar by mid too late stoppage

STEVENSKI
Who seriously thinks PBF deserves any type of parity with DLH? Seriously? This is the guy who got 4000 to his fight with Mitchell remember.

DLH could fight his wife & draw more people.
kidbazooka1
I disagree with the majority I think half of those fights are winnable for DLH.

Clottey is as one diminsional as they get(as for the Marga fight I think he'll beat Clottey more convicingly the 2nd go around) and as long as DLH can mantaine a Forbes fight like pace he'll beat Clottey by decision.

Shane had Oscar's # but unlike many here I have not been that impressed with Shane latley. DLH avenges his losses and take a well deserved UD.

Spinks-a past his prime DLH still beats the sh*t out of that bum.

Hatton-DLH stops him quicker than Mayweather.

Forrest-DLH beats him easier than Mora.

Chavez Jr-waaaaaaaaay to unexpierenced for even the current DLH.

Pacqiao-Manny runs head first into the left hook and goes night night.

Berto-Who has Berto fought that has shown us that he can hang with the top guys he's been rocked and dropped by C level fighters yes he's shown talent but Im not sold on him I see him lossing the top welter's and jr middle's.

As for the rest of the guys DLH losses with Margarito, Cotto and Willaims beating him the worse.
JLUVBABY
i'm surprised at the number of people giving berto a shot against dela hoya... berto, i dont think, is ready for prime time.. lets say a fight was made with hoya or any of the probably top 7 or 8 welters right now that would be career suicide... berto would probably never be the same fighter again after the fight... he reminds me alot of ed hopson the former jr. lightweight champ... same type of style, lightning fast not to much pop with that shoot kinda style, a poor mans meldrick taylor... and probably will show to have the same type of chin as well (as hopson)... berto's people need to give him a FEW more fights against some solid top 10 fighters and test him against somebody like quintana before even thinking bout that fight if quintana is on not so sure he wins that fight.. http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human...0&cat=boxer check out his record... his record is for the most part padded and his opponents very well picked.. as much as i dont like hoya as a fighter for picking on smaller fighters most of his career i never doubted his ability and hoya destroys berto's career... even this hoya unless he has just got damn old over night is still a very dangerous man... i exspect berto forbes to be a good fight and while i am not sure i will ultimately pick forbes i wont be surprised if he beats berto... i'm lookin at berto's boxrec report and the guy has not beat a single top 10 fighter... right now he is a little fish in a pool of sharks...
neophyte7
When Berto fights a top guy who can take a decent punch he is going to get his ass kicked. Clottey destroys... DLH would do a Jeff Lacy on Berto. Berto does not impress me much... DLH would KO him- Berto is very hittable-- slick yes, power, yes, but he is very easy to hit
AussieLad
Is this fight really happening... its a sick joke. Oscar has caught floyditis
barackobama
The thought of this fight is fking ridiculous! Oscar needs to retire already. Talking about two fighters who have fought in way different divisions their entire careers! WTF! Does it sound like I'm flaming yet?

C'mon! If De La Hoya wanted a freak show why didn't he just fight Wlad? No, this money-grubbing, ego-maniac, has to entertain a fight with a midget. Granted that midget is Manny Pacquiao, it still stinks of a "Let's fool the public and get paid Manny" type of fight. It wreaks all the way around if you ask me.

What Oscar should be entertaining is a fight with someone his own dam size. Names that come to mind are Margarito, Trinidad, Williams, Cotto, Cintron. Clottey.......but know this idiota wants to fight Manny the midget.
The Original MrFactor
Good shit looks like Manny stuck to his guns. Now Oscar can only go one way for respect. Margarito seems like the type that will take very short money for this fight. Margarito will pummell Oscar for short money, and get his lift afterwards...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.