Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shane wants Margarito
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
woooooo
http://fighthype.com/pages/content3217.html

"I go after the best fighters and it doesn't matter who it is. When Mayweather was on top before he retired, I wanted Mayweather. Margarito's the one on top; he's the best welterweight out there right now. I want Margarito. I love the challenge and I've always been that one. I've always been competitive. I've always wanted to be the best so if he's the best fighter out there, then I'm going after him," stated three-division world champion Shane Mosley as he talked about his desire to get past his next fight with Ricardo Mayorga to move on to the next challenge. Check out what else he had to say as he talks more about Mayorga and other possible matchups. Plus, don't miss the cameo by Ricardo Mayorga, who asked Mosley for an autograph in the middle of his roundtable.

Wooooooooooooo
BrutalBodyShots
A past prime Mosley shouldn't be thinking all too much about a prime Margarito right now. Now would be an opportune time for Mosley to go for a rematch with Cotto (a fight I had 114-113 Mosley the first time) and maybe this time around he can get a decision. Style wise Cotto is much better for Mosley.

Mosley doesn't have enough tools at this stage of the game to outpoint Margarito. He can't slug it out with him and he won't have the legs/stamina to outbox him for 36 minutes. Actually, I think the fight would closely resemble Margarito-Cotto. If a prime Mosley thought Vernon Forrest's body punches hurt, a past prime Mosley doesn't want to taste Margarito's. A prime Cotto took a hell of a body attack from Margarito, and that was with young fresh legs that used a lot of movement. I see Mosley simply taking too many shots in this fight, and at his age I don't see him holding up all too well. Add to that the factor that he isn't going to be able to hurt Margarito and that he simply doesn't throw enough punches to win the rounds and it's really a no-win situation for Mosley.

BigG
Nothing but respect for future the future HOFer but Margarito today would be too much.
EpTXCHAMP
shane vs margs wouldve been a toss up last yr but with shane pushing 37 and not looking too good in awhile I'd go with margs by descison I think shane is still smart enough and elusive enough to get out of there standing on his two feet, however wouldnt be shocked if margs KO's him
Tha Docta
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Aug 8 2008, 08:54 PM) [snapback]399653[/snapback]
shane vs margs wouldve been a toss up last yr but with shane pushing 37 and not looking too good in awhile I'd go with margs by descison I think shane is still smart enough and elusive enough to get out of there standing on his two feet, however wouldnt be shocked if margs KO's him

i dont think its all that crazy to think that mosley might be able to decision margarito. fast hands, has some pop, moves well and i hate to say it but is a little more mentally tough than cotto. stamina is the issue but shane has always kept himself in great shape and might have enough in the tank to pull it off. plus i think shane can land to the body which is something cotto couldnt do.
King Eugene
Every good fighter has that one last good performance left in him...I think he'd upset Marg and get a decision. Orrrrrrrrrrr Marg would eventually where him down physically and mentally (cause you know how Mosley gets frustrated like he did against Winky) and straight up eventually beating him up!

GO MOSLEY!
HaydelHammer
I don't see margarito beating up shane by no means. cotto was on his bike against shane If you remember (go back and watch the fight) so aint no comparison to how cotto gased out and shane doing the same.

shane will stand there and deliver till the end. he won't get ko'd or knocked down. dude is a stubborn lil bastard still on roids.

for some odd reason I have mad respect for this dude. He'll fight a bear if it had the belt. Crazy a$$
kidbazooka1
Shane has never been one to box for 12 full rds he'll end up trading with Margarito which will most likely end up in him being stopped for the firts time in his career.
basicjab
Does Shane have to power to hurt Margo? I don't think so. I would imagine Shane gets punished but probably not get stopped, he has pretty good chin and lots of heart.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Aug 8 2008, 07:12 PM) [snapback]399656[/snapback]
i dont think its all that crazy to think that mosley might be able to decision margarito. fast hands, has some pop, moves well and i hate to say it but is a little more mentally tough than cotto. stamina is the issue but shane has always kept himself in great shape and might have enough in the tank to pull it off. plus i think shane can land to the body which is something cotto couldnt do.

balco shane didnt even have enough stamina to finish fights no way clean shane does. Bottom line fight with cotto was up for grabs in the 11th and 12th and shane proved once again he didnt have the stamina to finish and take the fight away

hes not as fast as he used to be, decent pop but nothing great, I dont think he ever really hurt cotto I just dont see him hurting margs and making him respect his power. Thus margs walking him down pressuring him either ko'n him or walking his way to a UD
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Aug 8 2008, 07:12 PM) [snapback]399656[/snapback]

balco shane didnt even have enough stamina to finish fights no way clean shane does. Bottom line fight with cotto was up for grabs in the 11th and 12th and shane proved once again he didnt have the stamina to finish and take the fight away

hes not as fast as he used to be, decent pop but nothing great, I dont think he ever really hurt cotto I just dont see him hurting margs and making him respect his power. Thus margs walking him down pressuring him either ko'n him or walking his way to a UD
dbdbdb
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Aug 8 2008, 06:51 PM) [snapback]399632[/snapback]
A past prime Mosley shouldn't be thinking all too much about a prime Margarito right now. Now would be an opportune time for Mosley to go for a rematch with Cotto (a fight I had 114-113 Mosley the first time) and maybe this time around he can get a decision. Style wise Cotto is much better for Mosley.

Mosley doesn't have enough tools at this stage of the game to outpoint Margarito. He can't slug it out with him and he won't have the legs/stamina to outbox him for 36 minutes. Actually, I think the fight would closely resemble Margarito-Cotto. If a prime Mosley thought Vernon Forrest's body punches hurt, a past prime Mosley doesn't want to taste Margarito's. A prime Cotto took a hell of a body attack from Margarito, and that was with young fresh legs that used a lot of movement. I see Mosley simply taking too many shots in this fight, and at his age I don't see him holding up all too well. Add to that the factor that he isn't going to be able to hurt Margarito and that he simply doesn't throw enough punches to win the rounds and it's really a no-win situation for Mosley.

Exactly!!!!

Mosley would lose and lose BIG. This isn't the Twilight Zone and this isn't the 90's. Mosley doesn't need to check out of boxing that way.
King Eugene
OK am I trippin or has people started giving Margarito too much credit for his punch power? Isnt this the dude that has 37 wins with 27 KO's and the only big name fighter he has knocked out is Cotto (who is known not to have the sturdiest of chins) and please do not count Cintron? Much respect to the man as a fighter but come on now his knockout ratio isn't like Kelly Pavlicks. Ah Shane has only been down once and I garuntee you if he mights Margarito he will not go down!
Vodoo
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 9 2008, 02:35 AM) [snapback]399691[/snapback]
OK am I trippin or has people started giving Margarito too much credit for his punch power? Isnt this the dude that has 37 wins with 27 KO's and the only big name fighter he has knocked out is Cotto (who is known not to have the sturdiest of chins) and please do not count Cintron? Much respect to the man as a fighter but come on now his knockout ratio isn't like Kelly Pavlicks. Ah Shane has only been down once and I garuntee you if he mights Margarito he will not go down!
Yes, that is exactly what is happening, exactly.

Right now it seems Margarito will be rematching Clottey since Arum wants to keep Margarito away from Paul Williams and I'm not sure Margarito beats Clottey this time around.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 9 2008, 03:35 AM) [snapback]399691[/snapback]

AM strong points have never been his punching power. It is his Stamina, Persistance, Iron Chin and Iron Will that has won many, if not all his fights.

The main issue I have with this topic is that people are losing track of TIME. And the Mosley of old, though a very good boxer then, is not the Mosley we see today. He is definately a different fighter today and pitting him against AM just doesn't make sense. Mosley had big problems dealing with Cotto, the very same guy that AM stalked and forced to submit. And in my opinion, Cotto is a much better fighter than Mosley. {NOT the Mosley of old, the Mosley we see today}

And I'm stating it now for the record ...... Mayorga is going to give Mosley a very difficult fight and has a better chance of winning than many people think.

Bottom line and of course IMHO, Mosley doesn't have the firepower to stop AM, Mosley doesn't have the footwork needed to out manoeuvre AM, and he doesn't have the stamina to go twelve grueling rounds with someone like AM. For a smaller fighter to defeat AM, he would have to be on top of his game, no ifs, ands, or buts. The odds of Mosley winning against AM are slim to none.

So, don't lose track of TIME, this is not the 90's or even the 80's, Mosley prime is long gone.

!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 9 2008, 03:35 AM) [snapback]399691[/snapback]

KO ratio is meaningless when you are talking a guy that's a blown up lightweight or junior welter at best in there with a junior middle, practically a middleweight. And perhaps you should watch the Margarito-Cotto fight before you comment on it, because Cotto wasn't knocked out due to not having the sturdiest of chins. It had NOTHING to do with his chin.

Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Aug 9 2008, 06:15 AM) [snapback]399700[/snapback]
KO ratio is meaningless when you are talking a guy that's a blown up lightweight or junior welter at best in there with a junior middle, practically a middleweight. And perhaps you should watch the Margarito-Cotto fight before you comment on it, because Cotto wasn't knocked out due to not having the sturdiest of chins. It had NOTHING to do with his chin.

Cotto's chin didnt fail him you are correct. It was his heart. He couldnt take anymore beating. The guy simply had enough. They guy knew when he couldnt take anymore and he quit before getting seriously hurt. Live to fight another day. Cotto didnt quit like we have seen Freitas quit. Cotto took a beating and had enough.

I think Cotto had the perfect game plan against Margarito. Stick and move. Punch and get away. Until he got tired he was easily beating Margarito. When he got tired and had to stand still is when he got into trouble. Shane has more stamina than Cotto. Shane was the one pressing the fight with Cotto in the last couple of rounds as Cotto was on the retreat. If Shane can use Cotto's game plan against Margarito I would give a good chance of winning. Margarito doesnt throw many punches when moving. If Shane gets to tired from the pressure and has to stand and trade, he will probably lose a decision.
salvador
QUOTE(Vodoo @ Aug 9 2008, 03:42 AM) [snapback]399692[/snapback]
Right now it seems Margarito will be rematching Clottey since Arum wants to keep Margarito away from Paul Williams and I'm not sure Margarito beats Clottey this time around.

Where do you get that info? I don't think Margarito wants anything to do with Clottey. Marg wants (and has earned) a money fight next no matter what. I think it'll be DLH, but if it's not it'll be Shane or Williams - or even Floyd. Marg-Clottey 2 wouldn't make a dime for either guy, and Marg has a good chance of losing the fight. It makes no sense unless Arum just hates Marg.
WolfishPromistah
But I thought it was Judah who was supposed to fight Margarito since Clottey supposedly messed up a body part. No?
WolfishPromistah
But I thought it was Judah who was supposed to fight Margarito since Clottey supposedly messed up a body part. No?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Aug 9 2008, 07:37 AM) [snapback]399702[/snapback]
Cotto's chin didnt fail him you are correct. It was his heart. He couldnt take anymore beating. The guy simply had enough. They guy knew when he couldnt take anymore and he quit before getting seriously hurt. Live to fight another day. Cotto didnt quit like we have seen Freitas quit. Cotto took a beating and had enough.

I think Cotto had the perfect game plan against Margarito. Stick and move. Punch and get away. Until he got tired he was easily beating Margarito. When he got tired and had to stand still is when he got into trouble. Shane has more stamina than Cotto. Shane was the one pressing the fight with Cotto in the last couple of rounds as Cotto was on the retreat. If Shane can use Cotto's game plan against Margarito I would give a good chance of winning. Margarito doesnt throw many punches when moving. If Shane gets to tired from the pressure and has to stand and trade, he will probably lose a decision.

There is a lot of truth to this statement. In some ways Mosley would seem the perfect guy to execute the plan. More stamina and heart than Cotto (not saying Cotto doesn't have heart) with perhaps just enough pop to keep Margarito from totally throwing caution to the wind.

But at this point I don't see it. I remember Shane looking uncomfortable with big, slow, awkward Jose Luiz Cruz. Tony's a tough matchup for Shane at this stage of his career. i think he'd last the distance but that's about it.
AussieLad
Wierd... i was expecting to see alot more hating on cotto on this board... i mean the dude wasnt KO'd, he just quit... and quitting is like a reputation poison on this board
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Aug 8 2008, 10:20 PM) [snapback]399686[/snapback]

I AGREE WITH U CHAMP NO WAY IN HELL MOSLEY HAS MORE POP THAN COTTO. I THINK COTTO IS MORE ELUSIVE THAN PRIME MOSLEY.
MARGARITO WILL EASILY BREAK MOSLEY MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY. 10-12 RDS STOPPAGE. COTTO IS MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY STRONGER THAN MOSLEY. TJ TORNADO WILL CONTROLL MOST OF THE ROUNDS AND WILL TAKE MOSLEYS BEST SHOT BUT THAT WONT BE ENOUGH TO STOP THE TJ TORNADO. I THINK THEY SHOULD CHANGE MARGARITOS ALIAS TO "TJ HURRICANE". thumbsup_anim.gif

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
Vodoo
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Aug 9 2008, 05:36 PM) [snapback]399747[/snapback]
I AGREE WITH U CHAMP NO WAY IN HELL MOSLEY HAS MORE POP THAN COTTO. I THINK COTTO IS MORE ELUSIVE THAN PRIME MOSLEY.
MARGARITO WILL EASILY BREAK MOSLEY MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY. 10-12 RDS STOPPAGE. COTTO IS MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY STRONGER THAN MOSLEY. TJ TORNADO WILL CONTROLL MOST OF THE ROUNDS AND WILL TAKE MOSLEYS BEST SHOT BUT THAT WONT BE ENOUGH TO STOP THE TJ TORNADO. I THINK THEY SHOULD CHANGE MARGARITOS ALIAS TO "TJ HURRICANE". thumbsup_anim.gif

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
Wow, I hate people who let loving bias cloud their vision. I can see from your avater that you're a Cotto groupie, but to try to say he is mentally and physically stronger than Shane is ludicrous. Shane has way more heart and durability than fucking Cotto does. In fact Shane had Cotto looking that same way Margarito did just before he quit in that fight. Had the fight been a couple more rds or had Shane pressured harder earlier, he would have stopped Cotto. As for Margarito, I'm not sure he even beats Shane today only because I'm not exactly sure what Shane has left. In his prime Margarito gets stopped no doubt about it. And there is noway in hell Margarito is going to stop Shane, much less do it easily. I still lol when I hear people say they won't be surprised if such & such stops Shane, when the guy is probably one of the most durable boxers in history.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Aug 9 2008, 06:34 PM) [snapback]399746[/snapback]
Wierd... i was expecting to see alot more hating on cotto on this board... i mean the dude wasnt KO'd, he just quit... and quitting is like a reputation poison on this board

i hate him. fuck.gif (that's for cotto)
worldsapart509
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Aug 9 2008, 03:36 PM) [snapback]399747[/snapback]

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!

Cotto is not mentally nor physically stronger than Shane! What fights have you seen of either fighter to give you that impression? Nobody is tougher or as heavy hearted as Shane. This guy finished the first Shane/Forrest fight on sheer guts man. How he was able to continue form that 2nd round(I think it was the second round) is anybodies guess. The guy was literally out on his feet for a big portion of that fight.

Hey wait a minute! Aren't you the poster formerly known as "Spyder" who was calling everyone stupid for picking Margarito over Shane?

For the record, I'll pick Shane over Margarito if they fight early next year. Mosley has way more experience than Cotto and will tie him up when he needs to in order to slow down Margarito's fast pace. As crazy as it may sound I wouldn't be surprised if Shane were to get a TKO win. Margarito will be eating punches all night and Shane will be able to handle Margarito's punches much better than Cotto. Shane is a physically strong mofo.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Vodoo @ Aug 9 2008, 05:31 PM) [snapback]399754[/snapback]
Wow, I hate people who let loving bias cloud their vision. I can see from your avater that you're a Cotto groupie, but to try to say he is mentally and physically stronger than Shane is ludicrous. Shane has way more heart and durability than fucking Cotto does. In fact Shane had Cotto looking that same way Margarito did just before he quit in that fight. Had the fight been a couple more rds or had Shane pressured harder earlier, he would have stopped Cotto. As for Margarito, I'm not sure he even beats Shane today only because I'm not exactly sure what Shane has left. In his prime Margarito gets stopped no doubt about it. And there is noway in hell Margarito is going to stop Shane, much less do it easily. I still lol when I hear people say they won't be surprised if such & such stops Shane, when the guy is probably one of the most durable boxers in history.

lol your talking like shane is iron man he sure didnt look that way against forrest?? lol thumbsup_anim.gif that fight there made shane get on the steriods lol you state he had cotto the same way margs looked are you serious judah busted up cotto more than shane did! margs ko'd cotto shane didnt end of argument for vodoo your fact is insane. like i said balco shane may have had a shot but this 37 yr old version wouldnt also by the time this fight gets made hell prob be 38 yrs old I just dont like shane aging body who been through more wars taking all those shots from margs
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(Vodoo @ Aug 9 2008, 04:31 PM) [snapback]399754[/snapback]

DAMN VODOO IM NOT GONNA WAIST MY TIME ON YOUR BITCH ASS. LOOK BACK AT THE COTTO VS MOSLEY AND LISTEN TO WHAT MOSLEY SAYS WHEN HES IN HIS CORNER. HES MENTALLY WEAK. IM NOT TAKING ANY CREDIT AWAY FROM MOSLEY BUT THIS IS REALITY. BY THE WAY MY AVATAR HAS MARGARITO AND COTTO. MARGARITO HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE SINCE HE DESTROYED CINTRON IN THE FIRST FIGHT. NOW THAT HE DESTROYED COTTO I FAVOR HIM EVEN MORE. PUTO CHINGA TU REPUTA MADRE VODOO. fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif
CHAMP AND I ARE SAYIN NOTHIN BUT THE TRUTH.

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(worldsapart509 @ Aug 9 2008, 05:02 PM) [snapback]399769[/snapback]
Cotto is not mentally nor physically stronger than Shane! What fights have you seen of either fighter to give you that impression? Nobody is tougher or as heavy hearted as Shane. This guy finished the first Shane/Forrest fight on sheer guts man. How he was able to continue form that 2nd round(I think it was the second round) is anybodies guess. The guy was literally out on his feet for a big portion of that fight.

Hey wait a minute! Aren't you the poster formerly known as "Spyder" who was calling everyone stupid for picking Margarito over Shane?

For the record, I'll pick Shane over Margarito if they fight early next year. Mosley has way more experience than Cotto and will tie him up when he needs to in order to slow down Margarito's fast pace. As crazy as it may sound I wouldn't be surprised if Shane were to get a TKO win. Margarito will be eating punches all night and Shane will be able to handle Margarito's punches much better than Cotto. Shane is a physically strong mofo.

COTTO HITS HARDER THAN MOSLEY AND MY HOMIE MARGARITO NEVER RESPECTED HIM. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HELL RESPECT MOSLEYS PUNCHES. CMON HOMIE GET BACK TO REALITY. fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif . MARGARITO WILL NEVER GET KO"D. aggressive.gif

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
Fitz
I think it's a slap in the face to Cotto to suggest he doesn't have heart and is a quitter. Go back to round 7 when he was basically a punch away from the fight being ended and pretty much survived the whole round plus another 4.

neophyte7
Mosley hits hard and is physically strong... he also can use his legs. he took minimal punishment from Cotto when they fought and looked rather fresh at the end. Mosley has a great chin... stop acting like maragarito is invincible.. he has taken enough head shots to show up stale on any given night and get beaten... the hellacious shots that cotto was able to land on margarito he did none of that against Mosely... Mosely has beaten fighters at 154--- Margarito has not...
Vodoo
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Aug 9 2008, 07:14 PM) [snapback]399770[/snapback]
lol your talking like shane is iron man he sure didnt look that way against forrest?? lol thumbsup_anim.gif that fight there made shane get on the steriods lol you state he had cotto the same way margs looked are you serious judah busted up cotto more than shane did! margs ko'd cotto shane didnt end of argument for vodoo your fact is insane. like i said balco shane may have had a shot but this 37 yr old version wouldnt also by the time this fight gets made hell prob be 38 yrs old I just dont like shane aging body who been through more wars taking all those shots from margs
He isn't ironman but he is iron chinned. You had to pull out a fight from 02 as the one and only time he's ever been dropped and visibly hurt and that is one fight out of about 50+. Lets be reasonable and yes, Cotto was looking hurt in those last 2 rds very similar to the way he was a couple rds before Margarito put him away IMO. Okay Judah may have busted up Cotto once out of 12 rds but he still came out looking way worse than Shane did seeing as how he gave up after almost 4 rds. Also my fact isn't insane because it's only a theory and even the theory isn't insane. It won't be considered insane until you're actually proven correct which can only happen if Mosley and Margarito ever get in the ring together. I do agree though that Shane is pushing things at his age and it is the only reason he is losing to guys like Cotto and the only reason he could lose to Margarito.

QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Aug 9 2008, 08:11 PM) [snapback]399778[/snapback]
DAMN VODOO IM NOT GONNA WAIST MY TIME ON YOUR BITCH ASS. LOOK BACK AT THE COTTO VS MOSLEY AND LISTEN TO WHAT MOSLEY SAYS WHEN HES IN HIS CORNER. HES MENTALLY WEAK. IM NOT TAKING ANY CREDIT AWAY FROM MOSLEY BUT THIS IS REALITY. BY THE WAY MY AVATAR HAS MARGARITO AND COTTO. MARGARITO HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE SINCE HE DESTROYED CINTRON IN THE FIRST FIGHT. NOW THAT HE DESTROYED COTTO I FAVOR HIM EVEN MORE. PUTO CHINGA TU REPUTA MADRE VODOO. fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif
CHAMP AND I ARE SAYIN NOTHIN BUT THE TRUTH.

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
Bitchass hunh? Well I don't have the Cotto-Mosley on hand right now so maybe you could just tell me what Shane said that was so mentally weak. Even if that were true, Shane has exhibited way more heart and toughness than Margarito and definitely Cotto who looked like he was going to fold in the Shane fight anyway. Shane sure didn't look mentally weak at the end of that fight, he looked easily like the fighter who could have gone a few more rds, whereas Cotto was lucky it didn't. Plus where is this evidence that Cotto definitely hits harder than Mosley? That is purely speculation. You and champ are both spouting hatred, nothing more.

Never curse me out in spanish, I prefer either english or german.
BrutalBodyShots
Well this thread turned to shit pretty damn quick.
Vodoo
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Aug 10 2008, 12:28 AM) [snapback]399820[/snapback]
Well this thread turned to shit pretty damn quick.

Why do you say that, because people are disagreeing? That's what makes threads fun and exciting. What would you prefer a happy go lucky board where we all agreed and kissed each other's asses?
Vodoo
QUOTE(WolfishPromistah @ Aug 9 2008, 11:20 AM) [snapback]399714[/snapback]

Arum Hits Los Angeles
By Steve Kim (Aug 7, 2008)

Bob Arum was in Los Angeles on Wednesday to make plans for two of his stalwarts - Antonio Margarito and Manny Pacquiao - for the end of 2008.

He would meet with officials from Dodger Stadium about the possibility of staging an Antonio Margarito fight on November 1st versus newly crowned IBF welterweight titlist Joshua Clottey, who Arum says is medically cleared to fight.

"It's a great facility, they're doing a schematic and we'll take it from there," the veteran promoter would tell Maxboxing. "We have to see the plans, see what it costs, where we put the ring. They have some good ideas. At this point it's preliminary. Later this week I'll get it."

If this card should come off, Arum says, "It would be a pay-per-view event, it's a big card and it would be distributed by us and Showtime."
Sources say the undercard could feature the rematch between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Matt Vanda and the likes of WBO featherweight belt-holder Steven Luevano and IBF flyweight titlist Nonito Donaire.

But Margarito, who's still basking in the glow of his victory over Miguel Cotto on July 26th, was also mentioned as a possible opponent for Oscar De La Hoya's supposed swan song on December 6th, along with Manny Pacquiao, by Arum in his meetings with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer.

"I had very productive meetings with Schaefer. Oscar is coming in next week, Schaefer's going to sit down with him and we'll take it from there," Arum said. "I'm not going to discuss what happened at the meeting except that everything was productive. It was very productive and very businesslike."

Arum still has to talk with Pacquiao, who is currently in Beijing, China, where he will be carrying the Filipino flag at the opening ceremonies for the Olympic Games.

As for the timetable for a decision to be made by Golden Boy, Arum says, "They'll make it next week, no hurry. I can't do anything myself as far as Manny because he's in Beijing. He'll be back on Monday also."

It's from Bob (I was lying yesterday but I'm telling the truth today) Arum so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

EpTXCHAMP
[quote name='Vodoo' date='Aug 9 2008, 10:04 PM' post='399802']
He isn't ironman but he is iron chinned. You had to pull out a fight from 02 as the one and only time he's ever been dropped and visibly hurt and that is one fight out of about 50+. Lets be reasonable and yes, Cotto was looking hurt in those last 2 rds very similar to the way he was a couple rds before Margarito put him away IMO. Okay Judah may have busted up Cotto once out of 12 rds but he still came out looking way worse than Shane did seeing as how he gave up after almost 4 rds. Also my fact isn't insane because it's only a theory and even the theory isn't insane. It won't be considered insane until you're actually proven correct which can only happen if Mosley and Margarito ever get in the ring together. I do agree though that Shane is pushing things at his age and it is the only reason he is losing to guys like Cotto and the only reason he could lose to Margarito.

he also got hurt against winky mid way through. I brought up forrest because lets be real forrest isnt a big puncher and he got to shane that IMO is worse than getting ko'd in the 11th by margs honestly in your opinion you think shane couldve taken eleven rds of what cotto did? Ive said before shane has trouble with tall fighters which is why you'll NEVER hear him or Yoko aka jin mention paul williams because they know hell give shane probs and since margs is a tall welter thats just another thing he has going for him. also if its a theory you state it as a fact your exact quote was in fact" but guess thats nit picking your a shane fan obviously thats cool hey it be entertaing to say the least I would mind seeing margs retire shane lol thumbsup_anim.gif
The Original MrFactor
Cotto hurt Shane at the end of rd 4. When Sahne's dad asked him if he was ok, he said "no." Almost like if it was just a hint worse, he woulda quit. However, Mosley is a helluva warrior. he pressed on and turned the tables on Cotto, late. As for margarito.... Tsk... tsk.. tsk... I see a serious beatdown here. Shane aint gonna stick in move. He's gonna trade and get stopped brutally. I hope he doesnt take a fight with Tony...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Vodoo @ Aug 10 2008, 01:40 AM) [snapback]399825[/snapback]
Arum Hits Los Angeles
By Steve Kim (Aug 7, 2008)

Bob Arum was in Los Angeles on Wednesday to make plans for two of his stalwarts - Antonio Margarito and Manny Pacquiao - for the end of 2008.

He would meet with officials from Dodger Stadium about the possibility of staging an Antonio Margarito fight on November 1st versus newly crowned IBF welterweight titlist Joshua Clottey, who Arum says is medically cleared to fight.

"It's a great facility, they're doing a schematic and we'll take it from there," the veteran promoter would tell Maxboxing. "We have to see the plans, see what it costs, where we put the ring. They have some good ideas. At this point it's preliminary. Later this week I'll get it."

If this card should come off, Arum says, "It would be a pay-per-view event, it's a big card and it would be distributed by us and Showtime."
Sources say the undercard could feature the rematch between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Matt Vanda and the likes of WBO featherweight belt-holder Steven Luevano and IBF flyweight titlist Nonito Donaire.

But Margarito, who's still basking in the glow of his victory over Miguel Cotto on July 26th, was also mentioned as a possible opponent for Oscar De La Hoya's supposed swan song on December 6th, along with Manny Pacquiao, by Arum in his meetings with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer.

"I had very productive meetings with Schaefer. Oscar is coming in next week, Schaefer's going to sit down with him and we'll take it from there," Arum said. "I'm not going to discuss what happened at the meeting except that everything was productive. It was very productive and very businesslike."

Arum still has to talk with Pacquiao, who is currently in Beijing, China, where he will be carrying the Filipino flag at the opening ceremonies for the Olympic Games.

As for the timetable for a decision to be made by Golden Boy, Arum says, "They'll make it next week, no hurry. I can't do anything myself as far as Manny because he's in Beijing. He'll be back on Monday also."

It's from Bob (I was lying yesterday but I'm telling the truth today) Arum so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Well, maybe Oscar will do the right thing and fight Antonio Margarito...
The Boxing Fan
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Aug 10 2008, 01:53 AM) [snapback]399830[/snapback]
Well, maybe Oscar will do the right thing and fight Antonio Margarito...

Now you know he is gonna fight Pacman,a nd not the Tijuana Tornado.
Vodoo
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Aug 10 2008, 12:46 AM) [snapback]399826[/snapback]
he also got hurt against winky mid way through. I brought up forrest because lets be real forrest isnt a big puncher and he got to shane that IMO is worse than getting ko'd in the 11th by margs honestly in your opinion you think shane couldve taken eleven rds of what cotto did? Ive said before shane has trouble with tall fighters which is why you'll NEVER hear him or Yoko aka jin mention paul williams because they know hell give shane probs and since margs is a tall welter thats just another thing he has going for him. also if its a theory you state it as a fact your exact quote was in fact" but guess thats nit picking your a shane fan obviously thats cool hey it be entertaing to say the least I would mind seeing margs retire shane lol thumbsup_anim.gif
Don't recall that at all but Shane had a monkey on his back that night. As for the Forrest fight he may not be a big puncher but if you go back and pop in that fight and look at the speed and power Forrest was throwing his shots with you'd be shocked. I remember being worried for Shane just from how hard Vernon was throwing at him. Forrest that night would have given almost any welter in history problems. Also Forrest did have good power, but since his shoulder surgeries and move up in weight he now seems feather fisted.

QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Aug 10 2008, 12:51 AM) [snapback]399828[/snapback]
Cotto hurt Shane at the end of rd 4. When Sahne's dad asked him if he was ok, he said "no." Almost like if it was just a hint worse, he woulda quit. However, Mosley is a helluva warrior. he pressed on and turned the tables on Cotto, late. As for margarito.... Tsk... tsk.. tsk... I see a serious beatdown here. Shane aint gonna stick in move. He's gonna trade and get stopped brutally. I hope he doesnt take a fight with Tony...
You must have the PPV version because I popped in the HBO version and right at the end of rd 4 they went to an HBO commercial even though they still went to his corner and that exchange never happened. You either have the wrong rd, you're mistaken, or you're straight up lying. I doubt it's the latter even though I don't know you at all.

Still though just watching those few rds to try to see what you were talking about and I kind of see what you're talking about. Shane will likely lose to Margarito due to his age and lack of stamina.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Vodoo @ Aug 10 2008, 01:00 AM) [snapback]399836[/snapback]
Don't recall that at all but Shane had a monkey on his back that night. As for the Forrest fight he may not be a big puncher but if you go back and pop in that fight and look at the speed and power Forrest was throwing his shots with you'd be shocked. I remember being worried for Shane just from how hard Vernon was throwing at him. Forrest that night would have given almost any welter in history problems. Also Forrest did have good power, but since his shoulder surgeries and move up in weight he now seems feather fisted.
You must have the PPV version because I popped in the HBO version and right at the end of rd 4 they went to an HBO commercial even though they still went to his corner and that exchange never happened. You either have the wrong rd, you're mistaken, or you're straight up lying. I doubt it's the latter even though I don't know you at all.

Still though just watching those few rds to try to see what you were talking about and I kind of see what you're talking about. Shane will likely lose to Margarito due to his age and lack of stamina.

eh he wasnt all that great that night. styles makes fights and shane doesnt do good against bigger fighters like winky and forrest shanes prob against forrest was his trouble with the jab and reach of forrest that killed shane that night! dont forget forrest beat shane in the rematch and forrest didnt look ''great'' in that fight either forrest just has his number. yes forrest isnt the same after the shoulder probs but its not like he was a hall of famer before the surgery either.
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(Vodoo @ Aug 9 2008, 10:30 PM) [snapback]399822[/snapback]
Why do you say that, because people are disagreeing? That's what makes threads fun and exciting. What would you prefer a happy go lucky board where we all agreed and kissed each other's asses?

thumbsup_anim.gif drinks.gif MY BAD FOR CUSSING. LOL
Big Slim Sweet
I favor Margarito to beat Shane at this point too but the people saying he'd beat him cause Shane is mentally weak or can't take a big punch are f'n nuts. Margarito would win cause Shane's 37 years old and past his prime.

Eptxchamp stop masquerading like your opinion is unbiased. You come on here and shit on Shane every thread he's mentioned in.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Vodoo @ Aug 10 2008, 01:30 AM) [snapback]399822[/snapback]
Why do you say that, because people are disagreeing?

No because you have people calling each other names like 13 year olds instead of having a debate like adults.

Imperius3
Are people really questioning Shane's heart and stamina? When hasn't Shane finished a fight strong? His stamina is far better than Cotto's, and he also has a better chin. I believe he also has the speed that Cotto lacked to finish the job. Not to mention the experience that Cotto also lacked. And I still had this old Mosley drawing with Cotto anyway.

In this fight, I think Mosley will be able to see and avoid Margarito's slow punches. At the same time, he can nail Margarito with crisp counters, especially the right hand to the body (my favorite punch). I think he can follow and finish Cotto's blueprint, but at times he will be tempted to slug it out. I expect him to be forced to slug at times also due to Margarito's constant pressure. With Mosley's speed, he may be able to beat Margarito at his own game in some rounds, but not all. I don't think he can hurt Margarito, and of course Margarito won't stop coming. Margarito will get in some of his hard punches, making this another close fight. It will be a tough fight for both fighters. But I'll take Mosley by a 7-5 decision.

King Eugene
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Aug 9 2008, 07:15 AM) [snapback]399700[/snapback]

ah lil buddy I did watch the fight and more than once. no cotto's chin wasn't the main reason he lost the fight but it had part to do with it. he had plenty heart and that showed when he kept boxing after being hit in the CHIN numerous amounts of times from not being able to get out of the way like he was at the beginning of the fight cause he gassed. AM is good but he aint that damn good. he'll be a one hit wonder after losing his next fight!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Aug 10 2008, 02:19 PM) [snapback]399917[/snapback]
I favor Margarito to beat Shane at this point too but the people saying he'd beat him cause Shane is mentally weak or can't take a big punch are f'n nuts. Margarito would win cause Shane's 37 years old and past his prime.

Eptxchamp stop masquerading like your opinion is unbiased. You come on here and shit on Shane every thread he's mentioned in.

Ive stated before that I lost almost all respect for shane once he became a cheater and took steroids, however that dont mean I hate him and dont base my picks on knowledge. you say Im biased how so? all Ive stated are facts! lets see hes 36 soon to be 37! fading even the biggest shane nut hugger would have to admit that? third he was hurt against forrest if u recall shane was dropped in that fight!

so i dont see how I shit" on him by stating facts! I stated in another thread seriously like back in feb that I favor mosely as a welter over cintron,berto,collazo and clottey and no one else that included margarito so I'm sticking to it. if i were to shit on mosely or be biased I believe I would say shane is done cant beat anybody blah blah blah but I'm not just stated facts and picked margs over 37 yr old version shane CHILL OUT JIN!! lol
dbdbdb
offtopic.gif

Am I the only one that thinks Jin is a sexy, sexy babe.

thumbsup_anim.gif

Sorry I just couldn't help it. laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Aug 10 2008, 10:47 PM) [snapback]399981[/snapback]
offtopic.gif

Am I the only one that thinks Jin is a sexy, sexy babe.

thumbsup_anim.gif

Sorry I just couldn't help it. laugh.gif

I said that back when Shane and Judah was made!

She Is one Sexy Lady! thumbsup_anim.gif thumbsup_anim.gif thumbsup_anim.gif
Vodoo
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Aug 10 2008, 12:11 PM) [snapback]399903[/snapback]
eh he wasnt all that great that night. styles makes fights and shane doesnt do good against bigger fighters like winky and forrest shanes prob against forrest was his trouble with the jab and reach of forrest that killed shane that night! dont forget forrest beat shane in the rematch and forrest didnt look ''great'' in that fight either forrest just has his number. yes forrest isnt the same after the shoulder probs but its not like he was a hall of famer before the surgery either.
Unless you're willing to pop in a tape of the fight don't try and tell me Forrest wasn't that great in that first fight. I've watched several times and I even remember before he hurt Shane that I was really worried because he was throwing hellacious shots in that fight. Go pop it in and look at how hard and crisp Vernon was throwing his shots. That looked devastating. The reason Forrest never became a great fighter is because he was too much of a boxer and rarely fought aggressively until the 1st Mosley fight. Even then had he been more aggressive he actually could have stopped Shane. Another thing I remember about that fight is Forrest never pressed his attacks to the fullest. Even as a fan of Shane back then I distinctly remember Vernon pissing me off because he wouldn't finish Shane off. In the 2nd fight Vernon looked more look the average Forrest that he normally is. Some fighters just have nights where they are absolute beasts. Vernon had that the night he fought Shane, just like Mayorga had it the night he fought Vernon. Since when has Mayorga ever looked as deadly as he did when he fought Forrest? Never. I'm not disagreeing that Vernon has Shane's number, but that first fight he was just on some other shit too, pop in the tape for a minute and see for yourself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.