Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Olympic Boxing TV Schedule!! (First Post is The Schedule)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Boxingjunkie
OLYMPIC BOXING TV SCHEDULE RELEASED
Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Television Schedule - Boxing

* SUBJECT TO CHANGE *
Time (ET) Event Station
SATURDAY, AUGUST 9, 2008 - Day 1
2:00 am - 4:30 am 81 kg Competition (Live) CNBC and CNBC HD
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm 81 kg Competition CNBC and CNBC HD
7:30 am - 2:00 pm Boxing (along with other sports) Telemundo
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Boxing (and beach volleyball) Telemundo

SUNDAY, AUGUST 10, 2008 - Day 2
12:00 am - 4:30 am 64 kg, 69 kg Competition Live (along with Tennis) CNBC and CNBC HD
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm 64 kg, 69 kg Competition CNBC and CNBC HD
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Elimination Bouts Telemundo

MONDAY, AUGUST 11, 2008 - Day 3
12:00 am - 4:30 am 57 kg, 60 kg Elimination Bouts Live (along with Tennis) CNBC and CNBC HD
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm 57 kg, 60 kg Competition CNBC and CNBC HD

TUESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2008 - Day 4
12:00 am - 4:30 am 51 kg, 54 kg Elimination Bouts Live (along with Softball) CNBC and CNBC HD
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm 51 kg, 54 kg Elimination Bouts CNBC and CNBC HD

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2008 - Day 5
12:00 am - 5:00 am 48 kg, +91 kg Competition (along with Softball) CNBC and CNBC HD
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm 48 kg, +91 kg Competition CNBC and CNBC HD

THURSDAY, AUGUST 14, 2008 - Day 6
12:00 am - 4:30 am 69 kg, 81 kg Elimination Bouts Live (along with Softball) CNBC and CNBC HD
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm Elimination Bouts CNBC and CNBC HD

FRIDAY, AUGUST 15, 2008 - Day 7
12:00 am - 4:30 am 57 kg, 60 kg Competition Live (along with Softball) CNBC and CNBC HD
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm 57 kg, 60 kg Competition CNBC and CNBC HD
8:00 am - 12:00 pm Boxing Telemundo

SATURDAY, AUGUST 16, 2008 - Day 8
12:00 am - 4:30 am 51 kg, 75kg Competition Live (along with Softball) CNBC and CNBC HD
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm 48 kg, 75 kg Competition CNBC and CNBC HD
2:00 am - 2:00 pm Boxing (along with other sports) Telemundo

SUNDAY, AUGUST 17, 2008 - Day 9
3:00 pm - 7:00 pm 64 kg, 69 kg, 91 kg Quarterfinals CNBC and CNBC HD
4:00 am - 2:00 pm Boxing (along with other sports) Telemundo

MONDAY, AUGUST 18, 2008 - Day 10
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm 54 kg, 57kg, +91 Competition CNBC and CNBC HD
8:00 am - 12:00 pm Boxing (along with Women's Soccer and Men's Beach Volleyball) Telemundo

TUESDAY, AUGUST 19, 2008 - Day 11
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm 48 kg, 60 kg, 81 kg Quarterfinals CNBC and CNBC HD

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20, 2008 - Day 12
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm 51 kg, 75 kg Quarterfinals CNBC and CNBC HD

THURSDAY, AUGUST 21, 2008 - Day 13
REST DAY

FRIDAY, AUGUST 22, 2008 - Day 14
12:00 am - 4:00 am 51 kg, 57 kg, 64 kg, 75 kg, 91 kg Semifinals Live (along with Baseball) CNBC and CNBC HD
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm 48 kg, 54 kg, 60 kg, 69 kg, 81 kg, +91 kg Semifinals CNBC and CNBC HD

SATURDAY, AUGUST 23, 2008 - Day 15
10:00 am - 6:00 pm 5 weightclasses Gold Medal Finals (along with other sports) NBC and NBC HD
6:00 am - 2:00 pm 5 weightclasses Gold Medal Finals (along with other sports) Telemundo

SUNDAY, AUGUST 24, 2008 - Day 16
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm 6 weightclasses Gold Medal Finals (along with other sports) NBC and NBC HD
4:00 am - 1:00 pm 6 weightclasses Gold Medal Finals (along with other sports) Telemundo
hardhead
I watched the fights last night, the best one was this fighter named Samir(Ghana) vs Izobo(nigeria), Samir dropped the guy twice and got the stoppage after being down 4-0 early. He was throwing some major bombs.
BigG
Samir has a lethal left hook
salvador
thanks for the schedule!
hardhead
I know it seems redundant by man does the Olympic scoring suck, you can CLEARLY see guys landing clean shots and it doesn't get counted. That one match between the guy from Tunisia and China, the guy from Tunisia had landed some good shots in the first two rounds but nothing was counted and then the Chinese guy landed a few shots in the final round to clinch the match.

Estrada from the US won pretty comfortably too.

Julian Jackson's son Julius fought too but he lost to a guy named Eagen from Ireland.
BigG
I get pissed when they dont count..I swear there have been some robbies already IMHO.

Like that chinese light heavyweight..he was clearly hit twice in the 2nd round but they didnt score those...and his opponent ended up losing 3-1.

Body shots dont count too.
hardhead
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 9 2008, 07:42 PM) [snapback]399727[/snapback]
I get pissed when they dont count..I swear there have been some robbies already IMHO.

Like that chinese light heavyweight..he was clearly hit twice in the 2nd round but they didnt score those...and his opponent ended up losing 3-1.

Yea that's the match I was talking about, and I think that Chinese light heavy got his first point off a body shot I think, the first one of the night that I saw count actually.
Mean Mister Mustard
I didn't know that Jackson was Julian's son.

You know it's hard to get excited about these non-American fighters who win all the medals. I mean most of them are in their late 20's or early 30's. If you watch Olympic boxing you watch it for what it is and not necesseraly for the prospects.
hardhead
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 9 2008, 08:03 PM) [snapback]399730[/snapback]
I didn't know that Jackson was Julian's son.

You know it's hard to get excited about these non-American fighters who win all the medals. I mean most of them are in their late 20's or early 30's. If you watch Olympic boxing you watch it for what it is and not necesseraly for the prospects.

Julian Jackson was the trainer, he has another son as a welterweight.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 9 2008, 04:09 PM) [snapback]399732[/snapback]
Julian Jackson was the trainer, he has another son as a welterweight.

Ain't that something.

I heard that an russel dropped out because of exhaustion trying to make weight. That's really a shame, imagine looking foward to to fighting in the tournament and then BAM! You're out.
hardhead
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 9 2008, 08:16 PM) [snapback]399733[/snapback]
Ain't that something.

I heard that an russel dropped out because of exhaustion trying to make weight. That's really a shame, imagine looking foward to to fighting in the tournament and then BAM! You're out.

Yea, that sucks, it also sounds like there's been all kind of other tensions behind the scenes with this team from what I've heard. Also Estrada missed his flight over to China and was about to not go but he said his girlfriend convinced him to go and caught a later flight in and was one of the last fighters to make weight and qualify for the team.
Spyder
That Croatian light-heavy looked good. He put that Samoan on queer street like I have never seen before. It was almost like the dude got more fucked up as time went on.
hardhead
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 9 2008, 10:47 PM) [snapback]399749[/snapback]
That Croatian light-heavy looked good. He put that Samoan on queer street like I have never seen before. It was almost like the dude got more fucked up as time went on.

He started to drop the bombs in the 2nd and 3rd round, he hit the Samoan with a very good uppercut in the previous round that stunned him too. The Samoan was on some Trevor Berbick shit there.
Spyder
Yeah he was! laugh.gif

For Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, their light-heavy gets to go up against a 6'5" Puerto Rican next. WTF is that Paul Williams shit?!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 9 2008, 06:47 PM) [snapback]399764[/snapback]
Yeah he was! laugh.gif

For Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, their light-heavy gets to go up against a 6'5" Puerto Rican next. WTF is that Paul Williams shit?!

6'5 is tall for light heavy,but there are alot of 6'8 light heavyweights out here in the Chi around where I train at..Light heavy and up is where all the giants are at for the most part..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 9 2008, 02:42 PM) [snapback]399727[/snapback]

Body shots will rarely count in amateurs which really sucks..I think they don't count em cause these fights are so short that the judges think they don't do too much damage which is soooo wrong..They may not build up a cumulative effect on someone but they will still bother most fighters..Also,as far as the scoring,a majority of the judges have to click a clicker at the same time to make a punch count..I really hate this too since I was at the AIBA amateur tournament for guys to get free passes into the olypics this year if they won and ALOT of guys got robbed..You have to be highly skilled to guarantee a lot of wins for yourself in these certain scoring systems..
Spyder
And that my friends is why I stay under 152! thumbsup_anim.gif
Fitz
Who saw on the opening ceremony the other night? Arguello carried the Nicaragua flag out for the country.
Douchebag
Cuba has some good talent.
Spyder
I missed the ceremony and haven't seen a single cuban fight.
BigG
Pacman also carried the philippine flag
hardhead
I think there's two Americans coming up tonight, Javier Molina and Demetirus Andrade. They say Molina has a tought first round matchup against a very experienced fighter(can't think of the country it was).
hardhead
The opening match, Maimaitituersun(China) vs Kovalev(Russia), was an excellent fight.
hardhead
Toureano Johnson(Bahamas) has a NICE uppercut, he was stinging the shit out of Moses(Grenada). Defintely had a nice pro style, aggressive, throws some great looking rights and hooks as well.
hardhead
Makina(Zambia) vs Hanati(China) was another excellent match, Makina was aggressive throughout the first 3 rounds but Hanati was more slick and counter well but they went to war in the 3rd round and Hanati was just too much when he opened up. He outgunned and dominated Makina in the 4th and had him backing up till the bell.
hardhead
Andrade wins his first match 11-9 in a close competitive fight.

Molina lost pretty one sided.
Jack 1000
I heard of some "Home Cooking" with the electronic scoring system, (which I hate for many of the reasons already stated above.) How has the refereeing been? Any obvious bias or really quick stoppages, like we see most times in amateur competitions?

Jack
BigG
No problems with the referee. Judging is the problem.
hardhead
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Aug 11 2008, 02:16 AM) [snapback]399970[/snapback]
I heard of some "Home Cooking" with the electronic scoring system, (which I hate for many of the reasons already stated above.) How has the refereeing been? Any obvious bias or really quick stoppages, like we see most times in amateur competitions?

Jack

Yea like BigG stated just the god awful scoring system where CLEAR punches are landed and neither guy gets credit.

Raynell Williams just won 9-1 and looked good, very smooth fluid athlete/boxer and has the amateur type style to make a run IMO. Teddy is saying that his bracket is not too bad in the beginning and that his toughest matchup is later on near the end.

The welterweights have been by far the most entertaining IMO, some good featherweights at the moment too.
hardhead
That Cuban Lightweight Ugas looks impressive, maybe one of the most impressive fighters I've seen so far.
Douchebag
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 10 2008, 01:38 AM) [snapback]399824[/snapback]
I think there's two Americans coming up tonight, Javier Molina and Demetirus Andrade. They say Molina has a tought first round matchup against a very experienced fighter(can't think of the country it was).

I have high hopes for 'Boo Boo', but he needs to just box from the outside.
Mean Mister Mustard
I just saw a Dominican fighting an Irishman. The Irishman was holding so much he put John Ruiz to shame. To make matters worse there was a moment in the fight where they were even on points and the Dominican caught the Irishman with 2 hard shots that made the ref give him an 8 count. And guess what? The judges gave the Irishman a point but the replay clearly showed there was no exchange in that sequence, the Dominican landed 2 hooks, the judges only counted one and gave the Irishman the other. WTF? Olympic boxing sucks plain and simple.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 14 2008, 07:44 PM) [snapback]400614[/snapback]
I just saw a Dominican fighting an Irishman. The Irishman was holding so much he put John Ruiz to shame. To make matters worse there was a moment in the fight where they were even on points and the Dominican caught the Irishman with 2 hard shots that made the ref give him an 8 count. And guess what? The judges gave the Irishman a point but the replay clearly showed there was no exchange in that sequence, the Dominican landed 2 hooks, the judges only counted one and gave the Irishman the other. WTF? Olympic boxing sucks plain and simple.

yeah that shit was terrible. At least he got the W.

I'm hyped because it's looking like Booboo is going to bring the gold medal back to Providence. Chea!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Aug 14 2008, 08:32 PM) [snapback]400616[/snapback]
yeah that shit was terrible. At least he got the W.
I'm hyped because it's looking like Booboo is going to bring the gold medal back to Providence. Chea!

Yeah at least he got the win. That dude looks strong.

Who is Booboo?
Douchebag
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 14 2008, 08:45 PM) [snapback]400617[/snapback]
Yeah at least he got the win. That dude looks strong.

Who is Booboo?

Boo boo is Dimtrius Andrade's nickname.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Aug 14 2008, 09:02 PM) [snapback]400619[/snapback]
Boo boo is Dimtrius Andrade's nickname.

Oh. Hope he wins a gold so we can have him turn pro and have an Olympian with Gold who might actually do something unlike Ward.
Spyder
There's a fighter that didn't win gold(actually he lost to Andrade in the trials), that might have more tools fighting pro right now.

Keith Thurman
gods son
Blano the venezuelan is a very slick boxer!! He fought a dominican. Did anybody catch it? The ref was BS!!
hardhead
Didn't see the fights tonight but Vasily Lumenchenko looks real good, great straight left, fast hands and very versatile, has some pretty good pop as he scored a knockdown in his last match, he's only 20 years old too. I think he would make a very good pro. I think Toureano Johnson(Bahamas) looks like he might make the best pro though. The Cuban Ugas looks great too but he won't go pro unless he defects.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 16 2008, 10:27 AM) [snapback]400814[/snapback]
Didn't see the fights tonight but Vasily Lumenchenko looks real good, great straight left, fast hands and very versatile, has some pretty good pop as he scored a knockdown in his last match, he's only 20 years old too. I think he would make a very good pro. I think Toureano Johnson(Bahamas) looks like he might make the best pro though. The Cuban Ugas looks great too but he won't go pro unless he defects.

I was thinking that about Johnson. He's not suited to the amateur game, but looks like he'll be an exciting banger as a pro. Look forward to him turning professional.

Black
JonnyBlaze
It's too bad about all the US boxers gettin beat besides Wilder..My favorite fighter to watch that's left is the lighter welterweight Cuban..If that guy was in the pros,he'd be a big name real quick..His skills are amazing and he is real quick..What do ya all think about the Chinese Super heavyweight??I got to see him fight live at the AIBA's in the Chi and he got robbed there..He has a lot of power and is a southpaw which just makes him have that much more of a edge on most super heavyweights since southpaws are soo rare at that weight..Southpaws are not rare in all the other weight classes in the Olympics though..Basically every fight in the Olympics and every fight at the AIBA tournament there was a southpaw..The heavyweights in the Olympics have really disappointed me..Heavyweight is my weight class and these guys just aren't showing skill..I have the skill but my stamina is no where near as good as those guys soo I gotta work on it..The jab is sooo important and should be thrown at least 20 times per round..AT LEAST!!The US guys all have good jabs but none of them have been using it..They need to make perfect jabs count as points..I've only seen 1 jab count!!Ridiculous!!The scoring sucks soo much..All that can count is straight rights or lefts..Very few good hooks and uppercuts have been counted..I also agree with Holyfield that they need to bring the scoring system back to how it was and not have it be shown..The fighters need to learn to never slack even if they are ahead..If your ahead,at least throw a jab!!Andrade would of won if he threw more jabs to setup his other shots and not just stay in close to the guy..I do think he won that fight but he could of been more convincing..I thought Andrade had more of a chance to win gold than any of the other US guys..
WindyCityP
That featherweight from the Ukraine Locomako or whatever has some nice skills. Best fighter to watch so far.
hardhead
QUOTE(WindyCityP @ Aug 22 2008, 06:59 AM) [snapback]401476[/snapback]
That featherweight from the Ukraine Locomako or whatever has some nice skills. Best fighter to watch so far.

Yea man I mentioned him a little earlier(Lumenchenko), he is definitely one of the best if not the best fighter, he pretty much can do it all. I'm hoping he wins Gold.
Douchebag
I spoke to Dimitrius Andrade last night and for second I could see his head swelling right in front of me. I really hope this kid doesn't start believing the hype. (no pun intended)

moscow bear
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 22 2008, 08:06 PM) [snapback]401523[/snapback]
Yea man I mentioned him a little earlier(Lumenchenko), he is definitely one of the best if not the best fighter, he pretty much can do it all. I'm hoping he wins Gold.

LOMACHENKO
WindyCityP
Thanks Boris. How's Paris wino?
moscow bear
QUOTE(WindyCityP @ Aug 25 2008, 07:43 AM) [snapback]401828[/snapback]
Thanks Boris. How's Paris wino?

hello big lou.... the wine here is mighty good, whats new with you?
hardhead
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Aug 24 2008, 01:53 PM) [snapback]401724[/snapback]
LOMACHENKO

hey, it was closer than Locomako...laugh.giflaugh.gif
Hhowever you spell the guy was definitely deserving of his gold and the most outstanding fighter award. Hopefully he doesn't waste his time in the amateurs.
WindyCityP
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 25 2008, 09:59 PM) [snapback]401871[/snapback]
hey, it was closer than Locomako...laugh.giflaugh.gif
Hhowever you spell the guy was definitely deserving of his gold and the most outstanding fighter award. Hopefully he doesn't waste his time in the amateurs.

Did he win the Barker award? I agree this kid can fight and will be looking forward to following his pro career.

N
hardhead
QUOTE(WindyCityP @ Aug 25 2008, 08:55 PM) [snapback]401877[/snapback]
Did he win the Barker award? I agree this kid can fight and will be looking forward to following his pro career.

N

Yep he sure did. He solidified it when he stopped the dude in his gold medal match.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.