Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Jones Jr. Olympic Robbery...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Is there anyone out there that would be willing to send me a copy of this? Preferably in good quality with the complete fight and aftermath discussion of it.

I'd love to see a documentary on that whole thing. Craziness.

Let me know if anyone can hook me up.
Spyder
I got it on VCD...let me see if I can upload it for you.

Check the Torrents too. They should have it.
STEVENSKI
Roid lost & people just have to deal with it. He was a drug cheat then as well I suspect.
moscow bear
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 10 2008, 05:30 AM) [snapback]399821[/snapback]
Roid lost & people just have to deal with it. He was a drug cheat then as well I suspect.

you cant be serious...roy won that fight, i saw it live and then a few times again
D-MARV
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Aug 10 2008, 06:51 AM) [snapback]399869[/snapback]
you cant be serious...roy won that fight, i saw it live and then a few times again

Don't even bother responding to this guy when it comes to Roy Jones Jr.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 10 2008, 10:51 AM) [snapback]399889[/snapback]
Don't even bother responding to this guy when it comes to Roy Jones Jr.

Damarveleous, do you light a candle every 4 years?
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 10 2008, 10:53 AM) [snapback]399891[/snapback]
Damarveleous, do you light a candle every 4 years?

No Sir... LOL, Do You?
Mean Mister Mustard
I light one for when you light one.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 10 2008, 12:30 AM) [snapback]399821[/snapback]

Roy won very clearly..Put some glasses or contacts in..As for drugs,you gotta be kidding me..Roy works harder then most boxers when in the gym..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 10 2008, 05:29 PM) [snapback]399927[/snapback]
Roy won very clearly..Put some glasses or contacts in..As for drugs,you gotta be kidding me..Roy works harder then most boxers when in the gym..

no point in responding to stevenski when it comes to Roy. Its like arguing with somebody that has no ears and all mouth!
caneman
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 10 2008, 06:05 PM) [snapback]399935[/snapback]
no point in responding to stevenski when it comes to Roy. Its like arguing with somebody that has no ears and all mouth!

kinda like you with PBF huh? he has always hated roid jones jr for years though rolleyes.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 10 2008, 06:26 PM) [snapback]399936[/snapback]
kinda like you with PBF huh? he has always hated roid jones jr for years though rolleyes.gif

me with Floyd? ha....no! and I know he doesn't like ROY that's why I say theres no point in responding.

and dang let the man respond for himself. what...you his personal assistant now? or yall brothers joined together by the dislike of Roy? I mean I don't know. you tell me!
caneman
No bro, I was giving you shit is all...just playing but if you change your sig, I never say anything again! Just kidding! If you ain't noticed, I like giving RJJ & PBF fans shit....it's just in my DNA bro! It's all in good fun though so don't sweat it drinks.gif For the record, RJJ did get robbed for the gold that day!
King Eugene
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 10 2008, 06:43 PM) [snapback]399940[/snapback]
No bro, I was giving you shit is all...just playing but if you change your sig, I never say anything again! Just kidding! If you ain't noticed, I like giving RJJ & PBF fans shit....it's just in my DNA bro! It's all in good fun though so don't sweat it drinks.gif

yea man I know lol I was just messing with ya!
STEVENSKI
Look guys Roid may have "won" the fight but look at the record books. It has RJJ SILVER medalist 1988 olympics not RJJ SILVER medalist *robbed of fight by corrupt judges so we will say he is the Gold medalist anyway. She yall actin like this is the biggest robbery in history Fenech had the same thing happen to him in 84.

The reason he works so much "harder" in the gym is because he is a drugs cheat. Don't you get it that is why people take PE drugs because they can train harder longer & gain a UNFAIR advantage.

I deal with reality & those are two stark if distasteful realities.

King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 10 2008, 07:10 PM) [snapback]399944[/snapback]
Look guys Roid may have "won" the fight but look at the record books. It has RJJ SILVER medalist 1988 olympics not RJJ SILVER medalist *robbed of fight by corrupt judges so we will say he is the Gold medalist anyway. She yall actin like this is the biggest robbery in history Fenech had the same thing happen to him in 84.

The reason he works so much "harder" in the gym is because he is a drugs cheat. Don't you get it that is why people take PE drugs because they can train harder longer & gain a UNFAIR advantage.

LOL man you something else
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 10 2008, 07:10 PM) [snapback]399944[/snapback]

BigG
Whatever happened to Roys korean opponent? Did he turn pro?
D-MARV
He just fell off!
Byrd Man
I think the fact that it's a generally accepted notion that Roy got flat out robbed, should put an end to that whole thing. I mean I don't care for Roy either for much the same reason I don't care for PBF.

That being said, the Referee and the OTHER FIGHTER both said that it was a shame. The judge later said it was a mistake, and all three judges were suspended.

They've done everything BUT give him the medal.

And as I said, I don't like him, but that was flat out one of the biggest robberies in history, definitely one of the top two or three in the Olympics if not all time.
STEVENSKI
I don't disagree but in 100 years time it will say

Gold: Park Si Hung
Silver: Roid Jones Jr
Bronze: who gives a shit

The fact that the IOC did not overturn the verdict says a lot.
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 10 2008, 11:04 PM) [snapback]399988[/snapback]
I don't disagree but in 100 years time it will say

Gold: Park Si Hung
Silver: Roid Jones Jr
Bronze: who gives a shit

The fact that the IOC did not overturn the verdict says a lot.

Im willing to bet a lot of money that it won't say "Roid" Jones Jr...

And what makes you so sure that RJJ was roided up? Did you stick the needle in his ass yourself?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 10 2008, 11:10 PM) [snapback]399990[/snapback]

And what makes you so sure that RJJ was roided up? Did you stick the needle in his ass yourself?

LOL, why did I know you would eventually bring up Jone's ass?
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 10 2008, 11:12 PM) [snapback]399992[/snapback]
LOL, why did I know you would eventually bring up Jone's ass?

LOL, it was coming!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 11 2008, 03:10 AM) [snapback]399990[/snapback]

Look I just don't like the guy & will do anything to discredit him. Maybe I am just bitter I paid good money to watch his shitty PPV fights back in the day.

Given the chance I am sure you would stick a prick in his arse. friends.gif

Either way he LOST it is on the record he LOST he got SILVER. yahoo.gif

He also is a really shitty rapper & any fighter who comes out to his raps loses as well ALA Rampage.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 10 2008, 11:18 PM) [snapback]399998[/snapback]
Look I just don't like the guy & will do anything to discredit him. Maybe I am just bitter I paid good money to watch his shitty PPV fights back in the day.

Given the chance I am sure you would stick a prick in his arse. friends.gif

Either way he LOST it is on the record he LOST he got SILVER. yahoo.gif

He also is a really shitty rapper & any fighter who comes out to his raps loses as well ALA Rampage.

What interests me is how you can still hate the guy. Usually when a fighter is active and in his prime I understand why we all hate them sometimes. But then they lose and grow old and we learn to like them a bit. But you. Your hate is a never ending flame. What happened that made you hate him so?
BigG
I know Stevenski was mad he paid good money to watch Roy Jones beat up heroes like the legendary Glen "Kunga" Kelly during his reign as Light Heavyweight champ
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 11 2008, 03:20 AM) [snapback]399999[/snapback]
What interests me is how you can still hate the guy. Usually when a fighter is active and in his prime I understand why we all hate them sometimes. But then they lose and grow old and we learn to like them a bit. But you. Your hate is a never ending flame. What happened that made you hate him so?

I thought it may stop after Tarter beat him down but it only seems to have intensified over time though. Now I just wanna see him stretched & carried off. Put him in with Klit I say.

My favourite fight was Jones getting a absolute shellacking from Johnson.

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 11 2008, 03:20 AM) [snapback]400000[/snapback]
I know Stevenski was mad he paid good money to watch Roy Jones beat up heroes like the legendary Glen "Kunga" Kelly during his reign as Light Heavyweight champ

Exactly. Ripped off again. Trust me every single fight here is PPV.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 10 2008, 11:34 PM) [snapback]400004[/snapback]
I thought it may stop after Tarter beat him down but it only seems to have intensified over time though. Now I just wanna see him stretched & carried off. Put him in with Klit I say.

My favourite fight was Jones getting a absolute shellacking from Johnson.
Exactly. Ripped off again. Trust me every single fight here is PPV.

LOL. I remember people's reactions when you said that you wanted to see Mayweather get knocked out and carried out in a stretcher in front of his family. You're fucked up man.
Byrd Man
aren't you the guy that wanted Floyd to get crippled in front of his wife and kids?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Aug 10 2008, 11:40 PM) [snapback]400006[/snapback]
aren't you the guy that wanted Floyd to get crippled in front of his wife and kids?

LOL people's reactions were what made the comment funny.
Fitz
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Aug 11 2008, 01:40 PM) [snapback]400006[/snapback]

That's what MMM just said above, lol.
Byrd Man
ahhhhhh, I thought I detected a tad bit of mental retardation in his posting style. It all makes sense now.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 11 2008, 03:40 AM) [snapback]400005[/snapback]
LOL. I remember people's reactions when you said that you wanted to see Mayweather get knocked out and carried out in a stretcher in front of his family. You're fucked up man.

QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Aug 11 2008, 03:40 AM) [snapback]400006[/snapback]

Yes I am that guy. What I said was I wanted Big Show to cripple him, cripple him in front of his wife & kids. I have also said I wanted to see him carried out on a stretcher with his wife & kids crying in the audience. I don't deny that. A bit of hate goes a long way as CEO used to say. The difference is I will often hate a fighter after he is brutalized in the ring ala Roid & it will intensify.

For the record there are not many fighters I hate but those I do I want to see them stretchered.

Roid (Happened already but would pay to see it happen again)
PBF (I can dream can't I)
Mundine (Happened already but will pay to see it happen again)
Billy Dib (it's coming believe me)

I cannot think of anyone else but would be happy to see Toney's cheeseburger arse carried out as well.

BigG
I'm a young boxing fan and I for one have a soft spot for Roy. watching him in his PRIME was great. Even when Roy was fighting cans, he ALWAYS put on a show and he looked really flashy doing it. I honestly DID think he wast he closest thing to unbeatable ESPECIALLY when he John Ruiz and I honestly couldn't wait for every single of his fights. He was great to watch. Just a pure showcase of talent everytime.
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 12 2008, 01:27 AM) [snapback]400202[/snapback]
I'm a young boxing fan and I for one have a soft spot for Roy. watching him in his PRIME was great. Even when Roy was fighting cans, he ALWAYS put on a show and he looked really flashy doing it. I honestly DID think he wast he closest thing to unbeatable ESPECIALLY when he John Ruiz and I honestly couldn't wait for every single of his fights. He was great to watch. Just a pure showcase of talent everytime.

Well Put thumbsup_anim.gif
I'am a young fan as well and coming up as a child, Roy Jones was the face of HBO and he dominated. I didn't care who he was fighting, he sure did put on a show!!! The day I became a "hardcore" fan was the day Roy Jones KO'd Montell Giffin! I was so pissed off at the first fight that I was telling everyone that I hope RJJ kills Montell. When he nearly decapitated Griffin with the Left Hook/Uppercut I stood back and said "DAMN!, I love this sport!"
Method
Even when Roy was fighting cans, he ALWAYS put on a show and he looked really flashy doing it.

So do the Harlem Globetrotters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.