Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beijing Olympics 2008
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Warlord
So far America has 2 gold medals, China 3.

I'm praying like shit America wins the gold/total medal count this year. The nationalism here in China has always been fucking insane, but with the Olympics in town it is worse than I've ever seen it. These fuckers are absolutely CONVINCED they are the most superior species on the planet, regardless of the fact they are still, in fact, closer to being a third world country than they are to legit superpower.

A little dose of humility should serve them well.

Anyway, I'll go into more detail about all of this shit later, but I just felt like getting an olympic thread up for anyone interested.

Later.
Mino
QUOTE(Warlord @ Aug 10 2008, 01:10 AM) [snapback]399813[/snapback]
So far America has 2 gold medals, China 3.

I'm praying like shit America wins the gold/total medal count this year. The nationalism here in China has always been fucking insane, but with the Olympics in town it is worse than I've ever seen it. These fuckers are absolutely CONVINCED they are the most superior species on the planet, regardless of the fact they are still, in fact, closer to being a third world country than they are to legit superpower.

A little dose of humility should serve them well.

Anyway, I'll go into more detail about all of this shit later, but I just felt like getting an olympic thread up for anyone interested.

Later.

Since your in China, Question for you..There is alot of coverage about how bad the air pollution is over there and how harmful it can be to the games..Im sure its not good but is it as bad as they say?
Warlord
QUOTE(Mino @ Aug 10 2008, 05:12 AM) [snapback]399861[/snapback]
Since your in China, Question for you..There is alot of coverage about how bad the air pollution is over there and how harmful it can be to the games..Im sure its not good but is it as bad as they say?

It's worse. I think China has something like 12 of the world's 16 most polluted cities, Beijing and Shanghai being the worst, I believe. I've never had breathing problems in my life, but I've been in Shanghai for less than a year and I think I'm nearly an asthmatic now. It's insane.
Fitz
Isn't China's excuse is that all of us had about 80 years to pollute the world before we broke away from being 3rd world countries, now let them have there go?
STEVENSKI
All I know is no Chinese athletes will test positive at this Olympics & I work on the assumption that all athletes are drug cheats & that is why I am never suprised when they get busted.

Thorpe must have had some great masking agents in his day just like Phelps does now. It is only ever 3rd world athletes that tend to get done because they cannot afford the 1st world gear & masks.

Warlord
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 11 2008, 01:02 AM) [snapback]400027[/snapback]
Isn't China's excuse is that all of us had about 80 years to pollute the world before we broke away from being 3rd world countries, now let them have there go?

Naa, their excuse is to point out that, per capita, they produce less pollution than any other modern/developed country in the world. Which is all fine and dandy, you know, except that you have a billion fucking people. Even if only 20-30% of your people can afford to drive cars, that's still fucking 200-300 million jackasses on wheels. Furthermore, China has no rules in place requiring factories to clean up their own waste by-products, nor do they mind where/how these companies are dumping their waste.

This enitre country is a dump, and I chuckle everytime I hear people in the west talking about China being the next global power. They never will be, and when I have more time I will break down the nuances on why. The best thing about China right now is the money that can be made off the ungodly real estate prices here in Shanghai. (For housing, that is. Chinese citizens are not allowed to own land.) And once their economy stagnates, which it will, it will be time to abandon ship.
Warlord
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 11 2008, 01:30 AM) [snapback]400029[/snapback]
All I know is no Chinese athletes will test positive at this Olympics & I work on the assumption that all athletes are drug cheats & that is why I am never suprised when they get busted.

Thorpe must have had some great masking agents in his day just like Phelps does now. It is only ever 3rd world athletes that tend to get done because they cannot afford the 1st world gear & masks.

Chinese athletes won't get caught because they are sponsored from birth by their government to represent their country. I guarantee you they are on the best shit available, and they have the seal and approval of the CCCP and everyone else connected with the Chinese Olympic Committee.
hardhead
The swimming events tonight were crazy, fucking amazing races. The women's freestyle and the men's relay 400M.

The fucking French were talking shit and were quoted as saying "The Americans? We're going to smash them" "That's what we came here to do" They were the HEAVY favorites to Gold.

The only thing that got SMASHED though was the world record by the American team, by 4 fucking seconds!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Mino
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 11 2008, 03:41 AM) [snapback]400034[/snapback]
The swimming events tonight were crazy, fucking amazing races. The women's freestyle and the men's relay 400M.

The fucking French were talking shit and were quoted as saying "The Americans? We're going to smash them" "That's what we came here to do" They were the HEAVY favorites to Gold.

The only thing that got SMASHED though was the world record by the American team, by 4 fucking seconds!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

I watched only because my wife loves the damn Olympics, but sure glad I did because that relay was crazy, that dude who swam the last leg came back strong to catch the Frenchman, I thought they were done...Pretty sick race
hardhead
QUOTE(Mino @ Aug 11 2008, 07:45 AM) [snapback]400035[/snapback]
I watched only because my wife loves the damn Olympics, but sure glad I did because that relay was crazy, that dude who swam the last leg came back strong to catch the Frenchman, I thought they were done...Pretty sick race

I think everybody, including the announcers thought they were done, but that last dude started swimming his ass off at the last second and caught up. I was like what!! I was hollering for the dude the whole way too...

Props to him he shattered the fuck out of the record for the final leg.

My two most anticipated events have to be the Men's track 400M and 100M though. I can't fucking wait for this shit this weekend.

Will the reigning 400M champ Warnier be dethroned by fellow American, and the man who has defeated him twice already, LeShaun Merritt?.

Who's going to bring home gold in the 100M? Jamacia's Asafa Powell or Tyson Gay?
Mino
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 11 2008, 03:59 AM) [snapback]400036[/snapback]
I think everybody, including the announcers thought they were done, but that last dude started swimming his ass off at the last second and caught up. I was like what!! I was hollering for the dude the whole way too...

Props to him he shattered the fuck out of the record for the final leg.

My two most anticipated events have to be the Men's track 400M and 100M though. I can't fucking wait for this shit this weekend.
Will the reigning 400M champ Warnier be dethroned by fellow American, and the man who has defeated him twice already, LeShaun Merritt?.

Who's going to bring home gold in the 100M? Jamacia's Asafa Powell or Tyson Gay?

Dont know any of those names I must admit, but ill probably end up watching...lol
Fitz
Yeah, can't wait for the 100m sprint. Such a strong and powerful event. Those guys are fucking ridiculous.
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 11 2008, 02:30 AM) [snapback]400029[/snapback]

LOL... drag.gif
hardhead
QUOTE(Mino @ Aug 11 2008, 10:12 AM) [snapback]400042[/snapback]
Dont know any of those names I must admit, but ill probably end up watching...lol

Do NOT miss it, trust me. Tyson Gay is American and holds the fastest time EVER RECORDED but it's unofficial because it was with a wind aid(meaning there was wind that helped him). Asafa Powell is another insanely fast dude from Jamacia. I think they've raced against each other twice and both hold a win over the other but Powell has consistently ran sub 10's more than any other current sprinter. Many people think he's the favorite. Gay did suffer a hamstring injury when qualifying for the 200M at the Trials but he says that he's fully healed and ready to go, we'll see, hopefully that don't fuck him up. I'm a little nervous about that though. Those two guys though are head and shoulders above the rest(with exception of Usain Bolt who hold the World Record but is not competing in this Olympics) and I don't really see anybody else challenging them.

Edit: UH OH, looks like we got a new player in the 100 and the 200, looks like Usain Bolt is competing, lookout!!! He might be the darkhorse in this whole thing.

Jeremy Warnier is the 2004 Olympic Gold Medalist in the 400M, in fact he was the first white American to win a sprint event in like 60 years, but over the past year and a half he's been getting threatened by newcomer LeShaun Merritt, who has already beaten him two out of the last three times they've raced. Once in the National Championships and the other in the Olympic Trials. The last time they faced off(in Germany) was after the Trials in their final race before they started training for the Olympics. It was so close at the end that it was a photo finish and Warnier ended up getting him by a hair.
hardhead
QUOTE(Warlord @ Aug 11 2008, 06:32 AM) [snapback]400030[/snapback]
Naa, their excuse is to point out that, per capita, they produce less pollution than any other modern/developed country in the world. Which is all fine and dandy, you know, except that you have a billion fucking people. Even if only 20-30% of your people can afford to drive cars, that's still fucking 200-300 million jackasses on wheels. Furthermore, China has no rules in place requiring factories to clean up their own waste by-products, nor do they mind where/how these companies are dumping their waste.

This enitre country is a dump, and I chuckle everytime I hear people in the west talking about China being the next global power. They never will be, and when I have more time I will break down the nuances on why. The best thing about China right now is the money that can be made off the ungodly real estate prices here in Shanghai. (For housing, that is. Chinese citizens are not allowed to own land.) And once their economy stagnates, which it will, it will be time to abandon ship.

Warlord, I'm curious to know your thoughts on this.
Warlord
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 12 2008, 01:09 PM) [snapback]400257[/snapback]
Warlord, I'm curious to know your thoughts on this.

First thing about China. I work here, and thankfully I am in a position to make alot of money off of China's economic boom, so it's not like I'm just blindly hating on this country like some uber-patriotic moron. But the truth of the matter is that China's dream of dominating the century isn't going to become a reality anytime soon.

Too many constraints are built into this country's social, economic and political systems; shitty demographics, an overrated economy, a fucked up enviroment, and an ideology that doesn't exactly have a sterling track record.

In the West, China is known as the land of limitless, cheap labor, a land where millions are eager to leave the countryside for a chance to tighten screws in microwaves or stitch together the newest pair of designer jeans. China is going to rise to super-power status, says conventional wisdom, on the back of its massive workforce.

Here's the kick in the nuts: China's demographics blow. No country is aging faster than the People's Republic. The majority of people will die there before they get rich. Because of the Communist Party's one-child-per-family policy, the average number of children born to a Chinese woman has dropped from 5.8 in the 1970s to 1.8 today -- below the rate of 2.1 that would keep the population stable. Meanwhile, life expectancy has shot up, from just 35 in 1949 to more than 73 today. What this means, in simpler terms, is that as the working-age population shrinks, labor costs will rise, significantly eroding one of China's key competitive advantages. (Namely the theory of a cheap, unlimited workforce.)

Worse is China's elderly, a group that will shoot from 100 million people older than 60 today to 334 million by 2050, including a staggering 100 million age 80 or older. How is China gonna cope with that shit? With pensions? Less than 30 percent of China's urban population have them, and none of the country's 700 million farmers do. China's state-funded pension system makes Social Security look like a stroke of genius.

What kills me are these geniuses cumming their pants about how big China's economy is. China has over 1 billion people, more than four times that of the United States. China should have a big economy. However, on a per capita basis, this country is shit. Its sitting in 109th place on the International Monetary Fund's World Economic Outlook Database, right between Swaziland and Morocco. China's economy is large, but its average living standard is low, and it will stay that way for a very long time, even assuming that the economy continues to grow at the rate it is now. (Which it won't.)

Probably the biggest misconception floating out there right now is the U.S. trade deficit with China, which hovers right at about $260 billion. What all these armchair economists fail to mention is that nearly 60 percent of China's total exports are churned out by companies not owned by Chinese (many of these being U.S. ones.) When it comes to high-tech exports such as computers and electronic goods, 89 percent of China's exports come from non-Chinese-owned companies. China is part of the global system, but it's still the low-cost assembly and manufacturing part -- It's the foreign companies, not Chinese, who are reaping the lion's share of the profits.

Pure Economy aside, China's environmental issue is, at this point, beyond repair. China is now the world's No. 1 emitter of greenhouse gases. It continues to be the largest depleter of the ozone layer, and it is by far the largest polluter of the Pacific Ocean. What's more, 16 of the world's 20 most polluted cities are in China, including Shanghai and Beijing, two of the dirtiest, filthiest cities in the world. I've never had any breathing problems in my life, but I've been in Shanghai for less than a year and I'm like a goddamn asthmatic.

Air pollution aside, it has also been reported that over 70 percent of the country's lakes and rivers are polluted, and more than half the population lacks something as simple as clean drinking water. (I've experienced this in Shanghai, China's most developed city by far. I can't imagine what that shit is like in some countryside hovel.) I've also read that by 2030, China will face a water shortage surpassing the amount it now consumes. Factories in the northwest (Wuhan, for instance) have already been forced out of business because there just isn't any usable water. Somehow, though, this shit just doesn't seem to quite register in the West.

Economics and pollution aside, China just doesn't have the mindset to be a world power. They prefer too much to sit on the sidelines and do nothing, in fact their national policy is based on it. They love to criticise the West and tell you how wrong you are, but they freak the minute you come to China and do anything other than suck their dicks. They're insensitive little pricks with a national chauvinism that goes beyond rational thinking. The country is nearly 5,000 years old and they are still struggling to catch up. They can't compete with the U.S., who is a fucking infant when compared to China in terms of history. They can't even comprehend a simple concept like social responsibility. There's no such thing as standing in line here. Mother fuckers just stand in a clusterfuck of a mess, cutting in front of each other at every turn.

They don't believe in personal hygiene of any kind, they never use deoderant and rarely use any creams or lotions that could help. (Unlike Japanese, who take care of themselves better than anyone I've ever met.) When elevators doors or subway doors open or close, these motherfuckers shove on and off without waiting for you to exit. They don't hold the doors for the elevator, even if they see you coming. In fact they hurry up and press the close button as fast as possible.

The babies here wear assless chaps so that parents can just hold them over a trashcan or sidewalk and let them piss or shit. Which, all in all, is much better I guess than the grown men here who piss and shit on subways, or pull their cars over and piss on walls when they have to go.

Sitting on a subway or in a movie theatre is fucked up, because you have people yelling at each other and shouting into their cell-phones like it's just another day at the office. (unlike Japanese, who are very quiet and polite in both public and private forums.) People here yell, always, at every turn, btw. No one speaks. Ever. They scream. It's a lifestyle.

Lastly, China is bogged down in the past. They suck their own dicks about 5,000 years of failure and stagnation and treat it like it were some kind of golden age. They never let go of their pasts, they blame everyone but themselves for the situation they are in. They curse Japan and bitch and whine about World War II like they were the only motherfuckers who ever got the wrong end of the deal in a war, and they get irate the minute you try to explain anything based on the contrary, like maybe Mao killing more chinese than any other country, including Japan, ever did.

You guys living in the States who've never been outside your borders, believe me, you got nothing to worry about. Not from China. It may be that America falls someday, and perhaps there will be another to rise up and take her place. It just won't be China.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Warlord @ Aug 16 2008, 05:02 AM) [snapback]400803[/snapback]
The babies here wear assless chaps so that parents can just hold them over a trashcan or sidewalk and let them piss or shit. Which, all in all, is much better I guess than the grown men here who piss and shit on subways, or pull their cars over and piss on walls when they have to go.

Damn, China is awesome. This, if not anything else, has to be highly amusing. I don't think it would ever get old for me watching some woman hold her assless chapped baby over a public trash can while spraying urine and viscous poo all over the place.
Mean Mister Mustard
Damn, that post started out like a university paper and ended up like a mock article. Here's some quotes that had me rolling.

here's no such thing as standing in line here. Mother fuckers just stand in a clusterfuck of a mess, cutting in front of each other at every turn.
They don't believe in personal hygiene of any kind, they never use deoderant and rarely use any creams or lotions that could help. (Unlike Japanese, who take care of themselves better than anyone I've ever met.) When elevators doors or subway doors open or close, these motherfuckers shove on and off without waiting for you to exit. They don't hold the doors for the elevator, even if they see you coming. In fact they hurry up and press the close button as fast as possible.

Are there a lot of fistfights in China?
Warlord
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 16 2008, 09:39 AM) [snapback]400845[/snapback]
Alright, who saw that 100m final? That was fucking scary how he smashed is so easily. The guy stopped trying in the last 20m.

That shit was FUCKED. I was sitting there with my girl watching this Jamaican celebrate his victory BEFORE the fucking race. I was like, "This motherfucker is gonna smoke everyone." What made it so sad was this cat STUMBLED out of the gate, easily jetted by everyone, and slowed down to celebrate BEFORE crossing the motherfucking finish line!!!

And all the while, that dipshit American who finished third had to work his guts out to do so, and then had the gall to drape himself in the American flag like he'd just acheived something. Goddamn you son, you don't celebrate an ass whoopin' like that. You bow your head and go home. What was worse was this cat was sporting dreadlocks, sunglasses (at fucking night), and a gold bracelet. In a race determined by SECONDS don't you think that shit MIGHT slow you down a little? Damn pimp, at least take that shit off for the race. You wouldn't have won, no way, but at least you could've put up enough of a fight that that Jamaican motherfucker would have to wait to celebrate smoking your ass AFTER the race, and not during it.

Jesus H. Christ.
Warlord
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 16 2008, 09:46 AM) [snapback]400848[/snapback]
Damn, that post started out like a university paper and ended up like a mock article. Here's some quotes that had me rolling.
Are there a lot of fistfights in China?

No, Chinese are pussies for the most part. In fact just today I saw two assholes crash their scooters into each other. (They have scooters, by the way, they don't even have enough balls or decency to get motocycles.) Anyway, these two dipshits crash into each other, and I see them both laying on the pavement, checking themselves angrily for any wounds. Miraculously enough, they were both okay. They stood up, each kind of hesitating, exchanged several half-hearted barbs and semi-threats, before both backing down simultaneously from the possible confrontation. They then collected their mashed scooters and rode away in opposite directions.

I'm not joking when I tell you China is a non-confrontational country. The Chinese name for their country literally translates into "The Middle Kingdom," which in transliteration means "Country in the middle." Their mindset is to stay in the middle of everything. They never choose sides, they never fight, they always try to avoid confrontation, etc... Don't get it twisted though, it's not because the Chinese have noble ideals, it's because they're cowards.

I can't tell you how many times I've almost had to whip a motherfuckers ass here, only to have him slink away like a coward. Most recently was after I saw this cat push his girl down in the rain. I got in this dude's face and shoved him, trying my damndest to make him throw down. He immediately gets this hurt look in his eyes like he can't believe someone called him out. (That's another beautiful thing here. Police won't interfere in domestic matters. If you want to beat the shit out of your wife, children, or girlfriend in public it's all good.) Anyway, then his girl picks herself up... and starts talking shit to me for pushing him. laugh.gif

I tell you, these motherfuckers are brain-dead in a way you could never imagine.
hardhead
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 16 2008, 02:39 PM) [snapback]400845[/snapback]
Alright, who saw that 100m final? That was fucking scary how he smashed is so easily. The guy stopped trying in the last 20m.

\

I missed the 100M final but obviously I'm disappointed that our best shot at gold(Tyson Gay) didn't even qualify. He didn't make any excuses or say anything it but I think the hamstring was bothering him. My friend who watched the race tonight told me about it and said that Usain Bolt was on another level, not even the other favorite coming into the race, Asafa Powell would've fuck with him(and I see that he never coming in 5th). Bolt is 6'5 and runs like damn gazelle, so smooth and effortless.
BGv2.0
Did anybody see that one wrestler go apeshit? It's pretty funny because they "stripped" him of his bronze medal....AFTER he threw the thing down in the ring and walked off.

It's kind of like the boss firing you after you already told him you quit! lol

I don't know what his deal was or if it was warrented or not.
Maxy
That Usain Bolt is a phenomenon. He destroyed everyone without even having to push himself. Imagine what sort of time he could get if he was made to work those last 15m? I'm pretty sure he'll break that record again and that it will stand for a very long time.

Surely Michael Johnsons 200m record is under threat now?
hardhead
QUOTE(Maxy @ Aug 17 2008, 11:07 AM) [snapback]400915[/snapback]
That Usain Bolt is a phenomenon. He destroyed everyone without even having to push himself. Imagine what sort of time he could get if he was made to work those last 15m? I'm pretty sure he'll break that record again and that it will stand for a very long time.

Surely Michael Johnsons 200m record is under threat now?

With the way he's been running you have to believe it.

Mean Mister Mustard
There was a segment on the news today about BALCO and olympic athletes doping and how easy it was to do it. It has to be obvious that most of these guys are using I mean how else are these people breaking all these records and transforming themselves into demi-gods?

The head of BALCO was being interviewed and he said he had contacts with the people who screen athletes and that is why he was able to get away with his operations.
Warlord
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 17 2008, 07:16 PM) [snapback]400963[/snapback]
There was a segment on the news today about BALCO and olympic athletes doping and how easy it was to do it. It has to be obvious that most of these guys are using I mean how else are these people breaking all these records and transforming themselves into demi-gods?

The head of BALCO was being interviewed and he said he had contacts with the people who screen athletes and that is why he was able to get away with his operations.

They had an an interview in ESPN magazine a few years ago with Victor Conte, where he basically put all his chips on the table, and even named names. (Marion Jones, anyone?) There is no doubt in my mind that a great majority of Olympic athletes are on something, including most Americans and ALL the Chinese athletes. The only fuckers not on roids of some kind are, like, ping pong players or horse riders or some of the other gay shit like that. The rest are juicing to high heaven.
STEVENSKI
Phelps is on the gear for sure.
Warlord
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 18 2008, 12:41 AM) [snapback]401022[/snapback]
Phelps is on the gear for sure.

Phelps is on the good shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.