Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2nd to nunn
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
caneman
Damn, NO ONE liked that story enough to say anything about it? Oh well...it's ashame though, that guy could have been an all time great & with all the years he got, he would have been better off doing a strong arm robbery or something!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 11 2008, 06:56 PM) [snapback]400121[/snapback]
Damn, NO ONE liked that story enough to say anything about it? Oh well...it's ashame though, that guy could have been an all time great & with all the years he got, he would have been better off doing a strong arm robbery or something!

I saw the thread last night and thought it was a joke. I was confusing Nunn with Nigel Benn and I was thinking since when is Benn in jail?
caneman
Looking back though, losing to Toney really derailed Nunn...he ended up going way up in weight & got busted with all that coke...what a waste of talent! thumbsdown_anim.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 11 2008, 07:04 PM) [snapback]400124[/snapback]
Looking back though, losing to Toney really derailed Nunn...he ended up going way up in weight & got busted with all that coke...what a waste of talent! thumbsdown_anim.gif

It's sad. Most of these fighters come from nothing. Then they get paid a lot of money and they don't know what to do with it.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 11 2008, 07:04 PM) [snapback]400124[/snapback]

Yeah, I remember that fight. Nunn's career was on Cloud-Nine and on his way to a decision in the fight {If I remember correctly} And then Toney caught him and it was over. Great Fight!!!!

Nunn was never the same afterwards .... Tragic Story.
caneman
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Aug 11 2008, 09:30 PM) [snapback]400147[/snapback]
Yeah, I remember that fight. Nunn's career was on Cloud-Nine and on his way to a decision in the fight {If I remember correctly} And then Toney caught him and it was over. Great Fight!!!!

Nunn was never the same afterwards .... Tragic Story.

Yep, Toney was coming on but I think Nunn was too far ahead. It don't matter now though...Mr Nunn is gone til 2024 & for what?
BigG
Sad to hear that. I watched alot of Nunn fights and he was really good. I watched the Toney, Sambu Kalambay, Donald Curry fights. He was beating Toney but Toney was slowly breaking him down IMO..
caneman
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 22 2008, 11:42 PM) [snapback]401583[/snapback]
Sad to hear that. I watched alot of Nunn fights and he was really good. I watched the Toney, Sambu Kalambay, Donald Curry fights. He was beating Toney but Toney was slowly breaking him down IMO..

Toney was closing in but would not have won without a knockdown or 15 rounds to do it! It does not matter though, Toney got the KO, went to Burger King & had a Hall of fame career & Nunn well, you know!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.