Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Im guessing Margarito vs Clottey II is a done deal
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Landiz_Tha Don
IT MIGHT BE AT THE DODGER STADIUM WHICH IS KOOL FOR ME. 30 MINUTES AWAY. IF ITS TRUE I WILL GO SEE THE HOMIE MARGARITO DOMINATE CLOTTEY.

CHECK IT OUT!
http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human...7&cat=boxer

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
JD
Boxrec picks up rumors and posts them as though they are schedule fights.

The fight MAY happen, but it is not finalized.
BigG
I dont mind seeing this fight. I got Margarito by another close UD.
King Eugene
If it happens, I'm going for the underdog!
D-MARV
I favor Tony but Ill be pulling for Clottey!

salvador
Don't hold your breath. Boxrec has a long track record of incorrectly posting potential fights.

This fight won't happen because it makes absolutely no sense for Margarito or Arum. Tony's been waiting his whole career to be in the position he's in right now. He ain't doing a damn thing until he hears the official "no" from Oscar, Shane, and Judah (easy money, no risk fight). And once he hears all those "nos", then he'll fight Williams for $4MM. Clottey-Marg does absolutely no business and does nothing for Marg's career.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE(salvador @ Aug 13 2008, 09:23 AM) [snapback]400355[/snapback]
Don't hold your breath. Boxrec has a long track record of incorrectly posting potential fights.

This fight won't happen because it makes absolutely no sense for Margarito or Arum. Tony's been waiting his whole career to be in the position he's in right now. He ain't doing a damn thing until he hears the official "no" from Oscar, Shane, and Judah (easy money, no risk fight). And once he hears all those "nos", then he'll fight Williams for $4MM. Clottey-Marg does absolutely no business and does nothing for Marg's career.

I would agree 100% with this statement but thing is judah just quit/lost against clottey (he can be heard talking his way out of the fight with the doc "without actually saying i quit")... marg. would/should be flogged by the fans for taking that fight... (speaking of which zab is getting to many chances in losing efforts, seems like he loses and lands a big fight..?, floyd should have taken more flack for fighting him too, just my opinion) shane has mayorga on his plate.. and their is no way in hell oscar takes a fight with a hungry big lion like margarito... no way (vegas should have odds on that fight being made..lol)... look for them to make oscar paq. here soon... the only logical options for the margarito man is clottey and williams... i think they are both dangerous fights for him with clottey style wise being the easier of the two... williams style will always give marg. hell win or lose... those two seem to be his next logical options at that weight in my opinion... i wish ike quartey could still make welterweight... i'd like to see him fight marg. while they wait for the dust to settle... i think that would be a good fight for the fans(if quartey was still active as a fighter that is)....
kidbazooka1
Margarito by comfortable UD.
BigG
QUOTE(salvador @ Aug 13 2008, 02:23 PM) [snapback]400355[/snapback]

How much would he make vs. Shane, Judah compared to 4m against Williams?
Big Slim Sweet
If Shane knocks out Mayorga in 6 weeks there's got to be at least $4 mil for Tony in a fight with Shane. It's also an easier fight for him (or should be) and adds a hall of famer to his resume. I think it'd be a no brainer.
dj necrogenic
fuck yeah!!! Im a little more than an hour away from there.. Im definitely going to be at the fight... Landiz, where you at? Im in Moreno Valley
dj necrogenic
Also scheduled to fight on this card is Nonito Donaire vs ?, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs. Matt Vanda, and Vanes Martirosyan
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 13 2008, 04:30 PM) [snapback]400390[/snapback]
How much would he make vs. Shane, Judah compared to 4m against Williams?

Arum wouldn't have to pay Judah more than $1MM (if that), which would leave at least $2-3MM for Marg - with virtually ZERO risk.

Shane-Marg would also, I would guess, put at least $2-3MM in Marg's pocket with way way way less risk than vs. Williams.

Unlike everyone else in the division, Marg has actually fought ALL the big wws (Cintron, Clottey, Williams) and hasn't ever gotten a chance to destroy one of the little guys with the big names. I believe Marg would DESTROY Judah, like totally fucking DESTROY Judah, which, even in Judah's damaged state, would be good for Marg's career. And I also believe he'd beat Shane relatively easily, which would also be good for his career.

Obviously Williams is the fight everyone (myself included) wants to see. I just believe that Marg has earned a right to look great fighting one of the smaller guys who''ve been ducking him all these years.

I have to say, I really have a strong feeling that DLH is going to fight Marg next. And if not, Floyd's going to step up to the plate.

BigG
Of course Margarito would destroy Judah, but honestly, Clottey, Mayweather, and Cotto already destroyed Judah. I'm sorry but if Margarito fights someone who's probably 2 divisions smaller than him, coming off a beatings vs Clottey and Cotto then thats just bullshit. That would be like a 140 pounder fighting a 160 pounder. I don't know how anyone can say a win over Clottey doesn't do anything for Margs career but is okay with him fighting Zab? hmmmm

Shane-Marg would also, I would guess, put at least $2-3MM in Marg's pocket with way way way less risk than vs. Williams.

Sal, you were hating on Floyd for doing the exact same thing (while he was waiting for the DLH payday). I thought Margarito was the "coolest" guy in boxing who would fight whoever the fans wanted him to? Hey its alright with me if Margarito fights Shane. That's a tough fight for him since Shane's got toughness, power, speed and stamina but you were hating on floyd for taking on Baldomir when he could've fought Margarito.
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 13 2008, 06:42 PM) [snapback]400403[/snapback]
Of course Margarito would destroy Judah, but honestly, Clottey, Mayweather, and Cotto already destroyed Judah. I'm sorry but if Margarito fights someone who's probably 2 divisions smaller than him, coming off a beatings vs Clottey and Cotto then thats just bullshit. That would be like a 140 pounder fighting a 160 pounder.

Sal, you were hating on Floyd for doing the exact same thing (while he was waiting for the DLH payday). I thought Margarito was the "coolest" guy in boxing who would fight whoever the fans wanted him to?

First of all, Floyd definitely didn't destroy Judah. Not even close. Floyd boxed and outpointed him 8-4. Second, Judah's still a ww. How is that fighting someone 2 divisions smaller than him? The question is, why didn't Judah fight Marg back Judah was the ww champ? The reason was because Marg was too much of a risk. Judah was part of Marg's problem for all those years and I feel quite sure that Marg would LOVE to end his career. Sweet Justice!

And you're wrong about me hating Floyd for doing the exact same thing. Floyd never did the same thing. Floyd never fought the big guys in the division. Floyd never had to fight in the shadows because all the guys in the division (like Floyd, Judah, and Shane) were ducking him. And Marg's never compared himself to SRR. Those are huge differences. Floyd never pretended to fight the best at ww, and yet claimed to be the best of all time. And Marg's NEVER had a huge paycheck - particularly never had a huge paycheck coming for a relatively easy fight, and he's 30. Every penny he has has come from tough tough fights with guys nobody else wanted any piece of.

And though Marg is my favorite fighter, I wouldn't call him the coolest guy in the sport unless he fights Williams next. That's the championship thing to do. Pacquiao did it when he fought JMM, and Margarito couldn't be considered as cool as Pacquiao until he avenges the Williams loss. If Williams is his first defense, then Marg would be very deserving of the label "coolest" right along side Pacqiao.
BigG
Floyd fought the bigger guys in HIS natural weight class. (Corrales, Castillo, hernandez) and fought guys his own size as he moved up (hatton, Judah). Theo nly reason he moved up was the DLH payday. He was calling out DLH since his days at Lightweight. Dont worry I also see through Floyd's BS. I also wanted him to fight Cotto and Shane like everyone else did and his career feels incomplete.

Salvador, come on, they are the same division but at fight time Margarito will be 160 and Judah will be 145. Even YOU said that back in the day. Margarito is 5'11, Judah is like 5'6. How was Judah "margarito's problem" all those years when Judah was Wleterweight champion for about..umm...1 year? LOL. I'm pretty sure he knocked out Spinks in St. Louis in Jan of 2005 and lost his belt to Baldomir in Jan. 2006.

Mayweather busted Judah's face up and landed at will. I am a Judah fan and trust me, Judah won 3 rounds at most that night. The first 2 and round 4. After that, it was a whitewash. Judah got the shit beaten out of him that night, similar to the way Clottey beat him up.
salvador
George,

we agree on the basics, but the problem is that before the Cotto fight, nobody here took Marg seriously because they believed all the bs that Floyd was dishing out. They really believed that Floyd didn't want to fight Marg because Marg was slow and a nobody. They really never understood that the ww division is really two divisions, the big wws and the little wws. And now that fact is obvious.

I actually like Judah and so seeing him get destroyed wouldn't be all that entertaining for me, but you have to admit that he was a part of Marg's problem. Judah fought Baldomir (fucking Carlos Baldomir) AFTER fighting Rivera (his first defense as ww champ) instead of fighting Marg in 2005 when Marg was CLEARLY the number one contender. Judah ducked Marg and deprived Marg his well earned shot at greatness in 2005.

And if Floyd's natural weight class is 130, then he should shut his mouth about fighting anyone from 154 down.

Mostly, we agree that in an ideal world, Marg would fight Williams next. I think that we also agree that Marg deserves a great big paycheck.
King Eugene
AM is doing the exact same thing Floyd did! If your the man in power and can call the shots to get you big paydays BY ALL MEANS DO IT! I understand you want to keep your fans and entertain your fans but damnit you have to look out for yourself and your family. BUMP What everybody else is talking about. If you've proved yourself already and in the position to make high pay with low risk then by all means do it...but not forever! So I dont blame Marg one bit for wanting to fight DLH or Shane (which I dont think he will win) to get big paydays with low risk. I wouldnt care who beat who and how bad they beat them, at this point I'd only care about who can bring in that BIG MONEY! Once I got me atleast two big money fights I'd go after who all the fans really wanted me to fight. Gotta look out for yourself first cause if you dont who will. Besides if he lose his next fight he probably wont get another title shot again or for a while and his BANDWAGON fans will jump off the wagon and put him back in the same place he was before beating Cotto!

GO GET THAT MONEY MARG! Cause it is still called PRIZE FIGHTING!
Sugar Q
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 13 2008, 09:02 PM) [snapback]400427[/snapback]
AM is doing the exact same thing Floyd did! If your the man in power and can call the shots to get you big paydays BY ALL MEANS DO IT! I understand you want to keep your fans and entertain your fans but damnit you have to look out for yourself and your family. BUMP What everybody else is talking about. If you've proved yourself already and in the position to make high pay with low risk then by all means do it...but not forever! So I dont blame Marg one bit for wanting to fight DLH or Shane (which I dont think he will win) to get big paydays with low risk. I wouldnt care who beat who and how bad they beat them, at this point I'd only care about who can bring in that BIG MONEY! Once I got me atleast two big money fights I'd go after who all the fans really wanted me to fight. Gotta look out for yourself first cause if you dont who will. Besides if he lose his next fight he probably wont get another title shot again or for a while and his BANDWAGON fans will jump off the wagon and put him back in the same place he was before beating Cotto!

GO GET THAT MONEY MARG! Cause it is still called PRIZE FIGHTING!

Well said my dude. Can't hate on AM so stop hatin on PBF. This is a business. The only difference is Margarito has unfinished business out here and ALL 3 OF THEM ARE CURRENTLY CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!! And Sal your my dude and all but Margarito aint having no EASY FIGHT with Sugar Shane. I think thats a bad fight for Margarito if Shane fights with a plan.
salvador
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Aug 14 2008, 05:42 PM) [snapback]400600[/snapback]
And Sal your my dude and all but Margarito aint having no EASY FIGHT with Sugar Shane. I think thats a bad fight for Margarito if Shane fights with a plan.

When are you going to learn???????????

The ww division is really two divisions: the big guys and the small guys. And Marg's a big guy and Shane's a small guy. Shane can't hurt Tony and he can't outpoint a guy who throws 100 punches a round. Shane's almost 37 and he ain't what he used to be. Marg's a truth machine!

This is a great, relatively easy, high-profile fight for Marg for good money. Other than DLH or Floyd, this is the best choice for Tony the businessman.
King Eugene
QUOTE(salvador @ Aug 14 2008, 11:00 PM) [snapback]400633[/snapback]
When are you going to learn???????????

The ww division is really two divisions: the big guys and the small guys. And Marg's a big guy and Shane's a small guy. Shane can't hurt Tony and he can't outpoint a guy who throws 100 punches a round. Shane's almost 37 and he ain't what he used to be. Marg's a truth machine!

This is a great, relatively easy, high-profile fight for Marg for good money. Other than DLH or Floyd, this is the best choice for Tony the businessman.

Last time I checked there where not two divisions in one. WW's are WW's, no matter how tall or small they are. They all fight each other for the same belts. I bet if you asked any of the fighters that they'd look at you like you where crazy. You never heard anybody saying stuff like that about the heavyweight division when you had "Big" Heavyweights and "Small" heavyweights. A heaveyweight is a damn heavy weight and a WW is a damn WW. I bet Evander Holyfield would say there is no such thing. A division is ONE division, not a division broken up into two parts. If you make that weight thats just what you are. Tell me Evander culdnt be none of the "SO CALLED" big heavyweights. Thats a dang lie! SO PLEASE STOP with this big WW and Small WW stuff cause its ridiculous. If your the same weight then your in the same division. Yea some fighters would have advantages over each other but they are still in the same weight class. If thats the case then why not call them Super WW's and let them fight in another division? thumbsdown_anim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.