Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yet another reason that Max Kellerman is the MAN!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
You all may or may not know something about me. That I'm a HUGE Max Kellerman fan. I'm not ashamed of it and won't apologize for it. I loved his time on Around the Horn, and what little I saw of it I liked I MAX.

I know that some don't care for him, but I do.

Check out my blog though to see a rap video him and his younger brother Sam (who was murdered by a former boxer in 2004) did called "Young Man Rumble"

It's a thing of beauty! I realize it's not great, but it's not bad either.

Please check out the blog and leave comments! Thanks!

http://searchingforchetbaker.blogspot.com
CreDog
People will hate... but it probably came out in the early 90's and well, I cant rap so I'm not gonna hate.

It's a trip seeing Max with a bald dome and rapping!

Byrd Man
muhfucka looking like Kelly Pavlik man! lol

And that's not and exaggeration to anyone who has seen this. lol

Dude looked JUST like Kelly Pavlik when he took off the cap at the beginning.

And yeah this was 1994.
Byrd Man
CreDog
He does! Like Kelly's skinny little brother he never had.....

Too bad about Sam, I'm sure Max was devastated.
Byrd Man
Yeah I know. The fact that it was a BOXER that did it made it even crazier. From what I understand, Butler was actually staying with Sam at the time. I can't imagine having to go through that pain of a brother being killed.

King Eugene
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Aug 14 2008, 05:22 PM) [snapback]400596[/snapback]

LMAO
MarzB
Max went to college with Peter Nash aka Pete Nice. 1/2 of the early 90's duo "3rd Base"
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Aug 14 2008, 12:52 PM) [snapback]400576[/snapback]
You all may or may not know something about me. That I'm a HUGE Max Kellerman fan. I'm not ashamed of it and won't apologize for it. I loved his time on Around the Horn, and what little I saw of it I liked I MAX.

I know that some don't care for him, but I do.

Check out my blog though to see a rap video him and his younger brother Sam (who was murdered by a former boxer in 2004) did called "Young Man Rumble"

It's a thing of beauty! I realize it's not great, but it's not bad either.

Please check out the blog and leave comments! Thanks!

http://searchingforchetbaker.blogspot.com

A BYRD MAN IM WITH YOU. IVE BEEN TELLING EVERYONE ONE ABOUT HOW MAX KEEPS IT TRUE AND TELLS IT LIKE IT IS. MAX IS THE MAN.

R.I.P. LIL SAM

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
BigG
Better than alot of todays rap BTW Sam > Max
Byrd Man
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 14 2008, 11:12 PM) [snapback]400638[/snapback]
Better than alot of todays rap BTW Sam > Max

That was the first time I've ever seen Sam. On Wiki it said he was an aspiring sports writer or something. Still mindboggling all that happened.
jlupi
I liked max best in his old espn role. His excitability and knowledge added something extra to the broadcast in small doses.

I certainly dont love him on HBO and his radio show is plane terrible. Given too much time he is repetitive and talks about juvinile non sports related crap continuasly. EX - best rap artests, how they should legalize pot, the importance of being an obsessive hand washer if like him you are an obsessive nose picker, sabermetrics, and his refusal to acnowledge that any 90s yankee is over the hill
Byrd Man
I think some of that stuff is what a lot of his fans like. He's a blatant homer for the Yanks, that much is widely known. And there's nothing wrong with having pop culture stuff in your show. Doesn't have to be 100% sports. A lot of my favorite sports shows I listen to have a lot of pop culture type stuff in there as well as personal stuff about the host.
jlupi
Doesn't have to be 100% sports. A lot of my favorite sports shows I listen to have a lot of pop culture type stuff in there as well as personal stuff about the host. >>>

thjat is true, however its not great when you discuss the same thing almost every day for a year
JonnyBlaze
I know a dude who looks exactly like Max..It's weird..The video surprised me cause the dude who looks like Max is a huge pussy and the video brings a whole different image to Max..haha..I never really liked Max too much,I'm a Teddy Atlas kinda guy..I never knew much about him outside of boxing but knowing more now makes me gotta respect him..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.