Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Margarito swings back @ ODfishnets
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
caneman
Long read but very interesting indeed! http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=15431
dbdbdb
AM just needs to start calling DLH a Coward in public. See if insults brings him to the table.
caneman
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Aug 16 2008, 08:46 PM) [snapback]400886[/snapback]
AM just needs to start calling DLH a Coward in public. See if insults brings him to the table.

I was thinking similar things myself, like maybe throw a drink in his face...ask Millie if she wants to sleep with a real Mexican! He needs to do something or fishnets won't fight him @ all! Plan B for Margarito....sign to fight Williams for a rematch & try to unify the titles!
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 16 2008, 05:26 PM) [snapback]400885[/snapback]
Long read but very interesting indeed! http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=15431

Nice article

Too many excuses by ODLH and Williams is a pussy for not giving Margarito a quick rematch. The tables have turned now Williams, Margarito will make you wait like you made him wait. Karma is a bitch.

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
caneman
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Aug 16 2008, 09:02 PM) [snapback]400889[/snapback]
Nice article

Too many excuses by ODLH and Williams is a pussy for not giving Margarito a quick rematch. The tables have turned now Williams, Margarito will make you wait like you made him wait. Karma is a bitch.

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!

Kinda but the real point is that if Marg can't shame fishnets into a fight, his next fight should be Williams! rtfm.gif
caneman
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 16 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]400893[/snapback]
Yeah you're right about it being a long read. By any chance, if you summarise this article in bullet form, does it look like all his other articles?
  • Complaining how nobody wants to fight him again
Is that pretty much it?

From Diaz kinda but he said a rematch with Williams was about timing in the Williams camp! He didn't diss Williams IMO but fishnets is a different store! I think he should do a lot of that if fishnet's is who he wants. That or take back the part about making Williams wait or should I say "it's williams turn to wait", sign that shit & get that $4million cause again I don't see Fishnet boi signing to fight Marg unless he can really piss his off somehow!

On a side note, I don't know why some guys hate fighter's like Margarito, Pacman & Pavlik...these guys come into every fight in shape, ready to go & are trying to take heads off. Meanwhile guys are just loving PBF & RJJ. I don't know but for me you can have them fvcker's...I'll take those fighter's any day!
caneman
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 17 2008, 12:07 AM) [snapback]400899[/snapback]
I think with Pacquiao and Margarito it has a lot to do with fans. I don't think many guys hate on Pavlik though, he seems to be a favourite. I'm one that doesn't like him, which is mainly because I don't think too much of him like other fans.
I would also go as far to say that there are just as many people who hate RJJ and Mayweather as there are with Margarito and Pacquiao. Wouldn't surprise me if there were more. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people that do like Mayweather, but you bet you that there's probably just as many that despise him.

Usually in most sports, the most popular team/individual is usually the most hated also.

I can go along with that! But since you don't like Pavlik & don't think he is that good, wanna do another sig bet vs Hopkins? OMG I am willing to bet against my man Hopkins! Hard to believe I typed that but if you want some....let me know bro!
hardhead
QUOTE(Landiz_Tha Don @ Aug 17 2008, 01:02 AM) [snapback]400889[/snapback]
Nice article

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!

The longer Margarito doesn't fight Williams the more the pressure and criticism will be on Margarito, not Williams, since Williams beat him already(and that's the fight the fans want to see). His claim to being the best welterweight won't be 100% secure until he avenges that loss. I think Margarito deserves his number one ranking because he's has fought and beaten the top guys at 147(Cintron twice, Cotto, Clotty) but there's no way around the Williams loss and it will be a thorn in his side until he beats him in the rematch.
salvador
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 17 2008, 12:35 AM) [snapback]400902[/snapback]
The longer Margarito doesn't fight Williams the more the pressure and criticism will be on Margarito, not Williams, since Williams beat him already(and that's the fight the fans want to see).

The problem with this logic is that NOBODY at 147 is going to fight Williams while he waits. Williams won't be able to get Shane, Floyd, Cotto, Judah, Berto, DLH or anyone else in the ring, and so every day that goes by, Williams loses more than Marg.

I seriously don't know why I'm so sure of this (because I have absolutely no inside contacts in boxing), but I really feel DLH will fight Marg next. It just makes too much sense for it not to happen. Not only would it be a great legacy fight for DLH (win or lose), but it would probably also be a bigger money fight for DLH than he could get for Floyd 2. It's not like Marg's gonna insist on more than 20-25% of the purse.

D-MARV
If Margarito doen't get Oscar then it needs to be Williams... Plain and Simple!

From my understanding, PWill was willing to give Tony the rematch after the first fight but it was Tony that didn't want to fight because he didn't want Paul's promoter to work the fight... Is this correct?
salvador
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 17 2008, 09:47 AM) [snapback]400921[/snapback]
If Margarito doen't get Oscar then it needs to be Williams... Plain and Simple!

From my understanding, PWill was willing to give Tony the rematch after the first fight but it was Tony that didn't want to fight because he didn't want Paul's promoter to work the fight... Is this correct?

not according to the article linked on the first post of this thread.
D-MARV
I remeber reading that Pwill offered a rematch but Margarito truned it down because he wanted Arum to promote the fight and not Gossen.
Tony said if Gossen promoted the fight that he would get "robbed" again!
rusty_trombone
Yeah, it was Margarito who turned down the rematch.
caneman
MARGARITO and 'MARGARITO FANS ' HATE WAGON:Rusty Trombone(founder), The C.E.O., hitman harding, Spyder, Lil Floyd, Southeastpaw, DEP Nihilist, Al Hata, Oscare4, dj necrogenic, TheAmblingAlp, damarvelous1, The Conscience, MarzB...

COTTO HATE WAGON:Rusty Trombone(founder), Nay_Sayer, hitman_harding...

And we should believe that cause you say so right Rusty? I seen way back when that terms were an issue but it wasn't either fighter! Welcome to boxing huh? rolleyes.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 17 2008, 04:43 PM) [snapback]400945[/snapback]
And we should believe that cause you say so right Rusty? I seen way back when that terms were an issue but it wasn't either fighter! Welcome to boxing huh? rolleyes.gif

you guys can believe whatever you want. I don't care. I spend the least amount of time listening to promoters, and these "boxing journalists" bullshit. I think the politics of boxing are amusing, and i am very amused by people the take what anyone involved with boxing says to have much legitimacy.
caneman
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Aug 17 2008, 05:05 PM) [snapback]400947[/snapback]
you guys can believe whatever you want. I don't care. I spend the least amount of time listening to promoters, and these "boxing journalists" bullshit. I think the politics of boxing are amusing, and i am very amused by people the take what anyone involved with boxing says to have much legitimacy.

CO sizzle brother(IE: I agree)! It didn't answer the question in effect though! The way I understand it, it was in the lawyer's hands & was dead in the water within 5 days & again that was what I understood between all that I was reading which was a lot of confusing bullshit considering the real facts of the matter! I ain't jumping on your ass cause your a Gator or the fact that you are a heckler my brother! I was just saying, where did you get your facts from! Point blank bro!
BigG
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 17 2008, 03:49 AM) [snapback]400898[/snapback]
From Diaz kinda but he said a rematch with Williams was about timing in the Williams camp! He didn't diss Williams IMO but fishnets is a different store! I think he should do a lot of that if fishnet's is who he wants. That or take back the part about making Williams wait or should I say "it's williams turn to wait", sign that shit & get that $4million cause again I don't see Fishnet boi signing to fight Marg unless he can really piss his off somehow!

On a side note, I don't know why some guys hate fighter's like Margarito, Pacman & Pavlik...these guys come into every fight in shape, ready to go & are trying to take heads off. Meanwhile guys are just loving PBF & RJJ. I don't know but for me you can have them fvcker's...I'll take those fighter's any day!

Caneman, its because some people appreciate boxing skill over power. I think a prime RJJ was fun to watch and I'd watch him anyday over Pavlik because I was simply AMAZED at how good RJJ was. Same with Floyd. I love watching Pacman and Margarito though and my favorite fighter ever is Tyson but I got tons of respect for guys like Floyd Mayweather, Hopkins, Spinks, Ivan Calderon...
caneman
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 17 2008, 06:46 PM) [snapback]400952[/snapback]
Caneman, its because some people appreciate boxing skill over power. I think a prime RJJ was fun to watch and I'd watch him anyday over Pavlik because I was simply AMAZED at how good RJJ was. Same with Floyd. I love watching Pacman and Margarito though and my favorite fighter ever is Tyson but I got tons of respect for guys like Floyd Mayweather, Hopkins, Spinks, Ivan Calderon...

And I can understand that trend of thought bro...I guess I should have added though, would you rather see Glen Kelly get beat up by a prime RJJ or see Pacmonster in a very good fight vs JMM? Would you rather see PBF hit Gatti with rthand after right hand or watch him tested somewhat vs Castillo? In closing, what I like to see is the best of the best fight the best of the best & really show their skills(example MAB vs Hammed), not RJJ fighting the meter maid in downtown ATL!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 17 2008, 07:00 PM) [snapback]400954[/snapback]
And I can understand that trend of thought bro...I guess I should have added though, would you rather see Glen Kelly get beat up by a prime RJJ or see Pacmonster in a very good fight vs JMM? Would you rather see PBF hit Gatti with rthand after right hand or watch him tested somewhat vs Castillo? In closing, what I like to see is the best of the best fight the best of the best & really show their skills(example MAB vs Hammed), not RJJ fighting the meter maid in downtown ATL!

Man, our meter maids can fight!!! RJJ, would lose his lunch money... LOL
caneman
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Aug 17 2008, 07:27 PM) [snapback]400955[/snapback]
Man, our meter maids can fight!!! RJJ, would lose his lunch money... LOL

LMFAO! I see you been cheating on us over @ boxingscenes you fucking hoe!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 17 2008, 11:00 PM) [snapback]400954[/snapback]
would you rather see Glen Kelly get beat up by a prime RJJ

Man you delusional. Everyone knows Glen was just suckering Roid in but he slipped & fell hitting his head on Roids fist. A most unfortunate incident indeed.

RE: Hops vs Pavlik I really want to see Hopkins finish his career with a stretcher ride into retirement & Pavlik has the power to give him his trip.

I like Hops & wish him all the best but it is time to sail off into the sunset & what better way to go than on a sun lounge sippin a pina colada or carried off on a stretcher with a bag of ice on your jaw.
caneman
lmao! Well Hopkins is probably one my favorites or all time but I think he'll lose to Pavlik on output alone even if Hopkins makes him look silly @ times! I just can't see even A heavy handed fighter like Pavlik KO the old man! He is just to slick & he keeps the chin tucked! I can't see it unless it's with a ball bat! I will say this, if there is a time to catch X it's when he throws that srt8 rthand with his head down, almost not even looking up @ all! The old man is amazing though & honestly I might be crazy picking against the old man! I just see him throwing 20-25 punches per round & landing about 7 & I don't think it will be enough!
STEVENSKI
Yall know what time it is.

BigG
Hopkins is gonna make Pavlik look bad win or lose...you just never know with Hopkins. He doesn't throw much punches but when he does, it is accurate and hits you flush. He obviously can't fight at a high pace anymore unlike before but his movement and counterpunching can drop the opponents output.
caneman
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 17 2008, 10:37 PM) [snapback]400976[/snapback]
Hopkins is gonna make Pavlik look bad win or lose...you just never know with Hopkins. He doesn't throw much punches but when he does, it is accurate and hits you flush. He obviously can't fight at a high pace anymore unlike before but his movement and counterpunching can drop the opponents output.

So true on all accounts! NO ONE will ever look good fighting X! IMO he is one of the most amazing fighters ever.
BigG
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 18 2008, 02:44 AM) [snapback]400977[/snapback]
So true on all accounts! NO ONE will ever look good fighting X! IMO he is one of the most amazing fighters ever.

Either way respect to Pavlik for taking this fight fighting a 43 year old Hopkins is like fighting Marquez. hard to beat and hard to look good against. This fights better than Pavlik beating up on mandatories....
STEVENSKI
Am I the only one that wants to see the stretcher brought into play here?
caneman
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 17 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]400978[/snapback]
Either way respect to Pavlik for taking this fight fighting a 43 year old Hopkins is like fighting Marquez. hard to beat and hard to look good against. This fights better than Pavlik beating up on mandatories....

Plus what Pavlik learns in the fight will help him in the future when he fights guys like AA & others. I too think you have to give Pavlik props for taking a fight like this & keeping busy too! This is why I don't understand people not liking him! And to that on the 18th of Oct, he is going to bring it weather he is out classed or whatever the case my be vs X!
BigG
If it's close on the cards there is no doubt that Pavlik will get the decision especially if he's busier..and since he's the new HBO undefeated darling. But your right, he WILL learn a few things from the Hopkins fight.
STEVENSKI
I just wanna see X cop a serious beatdown that will convince him it is time to hang up the gloves for good. Beating Crackhead Tarver, Stinky & having a close fight with Slappy has only convinced him he still has it. He is old & should just retire & enjoy his money & I think it will take a thrashing to help him make up his mind.

BigG
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 18 2008, 03:15 AM) [snapback]400999[/snapback]
I just wanna see X cop a serious beatdown that will convince him it is time to hang up the gloves for good. Beating Crackhead Tarver, Stinky & having a close fight with Slappy has only convinced him he still has it. He is old & should just retire & enjoy his money & I think it will take a thrashing to help him make up his mind.

Unlikely as X is too good defensively unlike Ricky Fatton haha.gif
caneman
We have all but hijacked this thread with this X vs Pavlik talk! lol! rolleyes.gif
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 17 2008, 07:38 PM) [snapback]400957[/snapback]
LMFAO! I see you been cheating on us over @ boxingscenes you fucking hoe!

Hey... it was movin kinda slow over here... Much more intelligent, mature crowd here though.
STEVENSKI
It is what he needs I think & a natural middleweight with power could well teach him the lesson he needs to learn. I like X & used to think very highly of him indeed but it's time to hang em up.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 18 2008, 03:22 AM) [snapback]401002[/snapback]
We have all but hijacked this thread with this X vs Pavlik talk! lol! rolleyes.gif

You should see what happens to a fora when Stan & the boys get down.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 17 2008, 05:36 PM) [snapback]400950[/snapback]
CO sizzle brother(IE: I agree)! It didn't answer the question in effect though! The way I understand it, it was in the lawyer's hands & was dead in the water within 5 days & again that was what I understood between all that I was reading which was a lot of confusing bullshit considering the real facts of the matter! I ain't jumping on your ass cause your a Gator or the fact that you are a heckler my brother! I was just saying, where did you get your facts from! Point blank bro!

It's just the way I remember it going down. I remember

Don't be mad that the Gators are gonna spank some Cane ass this year.
caneman
laugh.gif I won't bro...I can live with 1 loss in 7 games fuck.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.