Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this child abuse or what?...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
PR316
I invite all of you come in and give your opinions.

I'll let you all know from the start that even though I'm not a very religious person, I have absolutely NOTHING against those that choose to worship. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

But this video I saw right here really disgusted me and would just like to get everybody's 2 cents in how they feel about whats going on in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bB2rt3IKJc...feature=related

Pretty psychotic if you ask me. Your literally seeing kids getting programmed into robots almost. Sickening.
Byrd Man
Yeah "Jesus Camp" was a crazy flick. They've shut down that place since then. Well, Becky...whatever her name was (I forget) shut it down because of the negative publicity. She stands by what she was doing though. *shrugs*

I am a Christian and even I was weirded out over that. Truly one of the scariest things I've ever seen.

There's a moment in there that I, quite literally, said, "oh f*ck me" when the 12 year old kid was asked by Becky, the woman who runs it (and is in that video) when they became Christians, and the kid was like "I got saved when I was 5 because I just felt there was more to this world" and I was just screaming "how do you know? You're FIVE!!!!!"

*sigh*

In November 2006, Fischer announced that she would be shutting down the camp indefinitely due to negative reaction towards her in the film. According to Fischer's website, the owners of the property used for the camp shown in the film were concerned about vandalism to the premises following the film's release and thus will not allow it to be used for any future camps. Fischer has said that the camp will be indefinitely postponed until other suitable premises can be found, but it will be back.
BGv2.0
I saw that crazy shit! lol

You know....when it comes to religion....they can be as nutty as they want to be IMO...as long as they are not blowing other people up in the name of their religion....like those vile, sick, subhuman fanitical Muslims....

As long as their fucked, warped way of the world ruins ONLY their own children's lives....and does not hurt, maim or kill others.....they can worship a cheeseburger and fries as far as I'm concenred.

I don't think it's healthy at all....but it's no differnet than folks that warp the minds of their kids at a young age with all this thug lifstyle/drug bullshit. Just a different avenue to fuckdom.

What freaked me out the most was when they busted out the "W' carboard cutout and started praising him.....INSANE!

Byrd Man
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Aug 19 2008, 02:34 AM) [snapback]401137[/snapback]
You know....when it comes to religion....they can be as nutty as they want to be IMO...as long as they are not blowing other people up in the name of their religion....like those vile, sick, subhuman fanitical Muslims....

You realize just how stupid that comment was? That's like people referring to ALL Christians as people who gay bash and and attack anyone who believes other than them, because there are dumbfucks out there that do that supposedly in the name of God.

You come off as a sheep for Fox News. No offense, just saying. Fox News would have you believe that all Muslims are terrorists and need to be bombed, tortured or both.

There are radicals in every religion, and there are people who actually embody the realities of their religion.

Unfortunately the radicals are the one who gets the press. So in this country all we see is the bullshit propaganda to make us afraid of anyone who looks different than us.

Sad, really.
PR316
I was raised in the Catholic religion and I remember disliking going to church on Sundays because it was a drag. Its not that I don't believe in God or anything, but I just feel that too many people take it to an extreme level and that is just not understandable to me. Like the whole thing of speaking in tongues. That shit is scary right there, and what they teach that it is necessary to do that in order to receive the true gifts of the Holy Spirit and all.

This woman called Harry Potter a "warlock". LOL.... Wow...

I know all Christians aren't this way. In fact I have some friends that worship and they aren't extremists. But this just really tripped me out when I saw it.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Aug 19 2008, 02:26 AM) [snapback]401138[/snapback]
There are radicals in every religion, and there are people who actually embody the realities of their religion.

"But he didn't describe every muslim. He described the 'fanatical' muslims."

EXACTLY!

And yes, although every religion has it's share of nuts.....the Muslim religion has a VERY high %...more than any other religion.

Now, one could argue that it due to them also being the largest religion in the world. BUT....the sheer fact of the matter is the number of "good" Muslims do in fact outnumber those that are "bad".....BUT....those same people have set back and allowed those to become the dominating force and face of their religion.

I have no respect for people that blow themselves up on a regular basis because their God tells them to. Nor do I have any respect for a religious group that allow their women to be treated on the level of animals. I don't care for people that take over planes with bombs strapped to their chest.....or that slaughter Olympic teams. I could go on and on about all of the crap they have done.

FUCK Fanatical Muslims.....I'd like to utilize them in a way that could help others......as in feed them to the starving in other countries, and for every well done Radical Muslim burger that was cooked....there should be a nice slice of bacon on there as well!

thumbsup_anim.gif
Byrd Man
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Aug 19 2008, 01:21 PM) [snapback]401180[/snapback]
"But he didn't describe every muslim. He described the 'fanatical' muslims."

EXACTLY!
And yes, although every religion has it's share of nuts.....the Muslim religion has a VERY high %...more than any other religion.

Now, one could argue that it due to them also being the largest religion in the world. BUT....the sheer fact of the matter is the number of "good" Muslims do in fact outnumber those that are "bad".....BUT....those same people have set back and allowed those to become the dominating force and face of their religion.
I have no respect for people that blow themselves up on a regular basis because their God tells them to. Nor do I have any respect for a religious group that allow their women to be treated on the level of animals. I don't care for people that take over planes with bombs strapped to their chest.....or that slaughter Olympic teams. I could go on and on about all of the crap they have done.

FUCK Fanatical Muslims.....I'd like to utilize them in a way that could help others......as in feed them to the starving in other countries, and for every well done Radical Muslim burger that was cooked....there should be a nice slice of bacon on there as well!

thumbsup_anim.gif

But while you're saying "fuck fanatical muslims" you are also totally shitting on the ENTIRE Muslim people. You act like what these RADICAL Muslims are doing is what their RELIGION is telling them.

In fact more times than not, the Radicals are misinterpreting things, or blatantly twisting the words to what they want. The American press would have you believe that Islam is all about killing people and blowing yourself up.

That's not true anymore than it's true that God advocates for us to kill gay people, or non-believers.

But there are those out there that believe that God wants them to do that. And they get all the press, so it's pretty much possible that there are people in other countries with other religions that look at Christianity as some evil violent religion.

I want to say you're more intelligent than that, but I don't know you well enough to make that assumption. No disrespect intended with that comment, it's just a fact. Just as you don't know me well enough to tell whether or not I'm a nutjob or whatever.

Aside from the fact that I'm a fan of Chris Byrd and Max Kellerman. ha ha.
STEVENSKI
All religions are evil.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Aug 19 2008, 01:34 PM) [snapback]401188[/snapback]
But while you're saying "fuck fanatical muslims" you are also totally shitting on the ENTIRE Muslim people. You act like what these RADICAL Muslims are doing is what their RELIGION is telling them.

In fact more times than not, the Radicals are misinterpreting things, or blatantly twisting the words to what they want. The American press would have you believe that Islam is all about killing people and blowing yourself up.

That's not true anymore than it's true that God advocates for us to kill gay people, or non-believers.

But there are those out there that believe that God wants them to do that. And they get all the press, so it's pretty much possible that there are people in other countries with other religions that look at Christianity as some evil violent religion.

I want to say you're more intelligent than that, but I don't know you well enough to make that assumption. No disrespect intended with that comment, it's just a fact. Just as you don't know me well enough to tell whether or not I'm a nutjob or whatever.

Aside from the fact that I'm a fan of Chris Byrd and Max Kellerman. ha ha.

Have you ever read the Qur'an? I have....at least enough to know that there are not ONLY simple misinterpretations going on.....there is some straight up foul, devious shit going on in there. The Bible does as well....but not nearly to the degree of the Qur'an. There is only one way to interpret "lie in wait for your enimies". OR....it's ok to beat the fuck out of your wife with a stick.....even leaving bruises and slashes...BUT...just don't kill her.

OH....yeah.....pick it up....have a good read.

NOW....I understand your argument....MOST Muslims, look past those passages...just as Christians look past many passages in regard to Mosaic Law.

I'm not arguing that other religions don't have nuts....many see their share of David Koresh's and Jim Jones. AND...every now and again you hear about a guy killing an abortion Dr.

BUT......compare current day violence of ALL religions as opposed to the level of violence from the modern day Fanitical Muslim.....you will see the Muslim religion has a HUGE problem!

I dare you to look on a map ANYWHERE in the world.....and look at Muslim migration trends...and then see if violence does not follow. Asia, Africa, Of course the Mid East, Europe, Soviet territories....

Buddy....I'm not blind....and I HATE the news....I get my views from solid facts.

I've used this little senerio many times and I'll do it again here. I'll prove to you that you pretty well KNOW what I say is true...although, for whatever reasons....you don't like to acknowledge it.

If I told you that an American Plane had just been taken hostage and you HAD to bet your entire life savings on the religion/ethnic makeup of the hijackers.....what would you pick from the following:

A.) Catholic-Mexicans
B.) Christian-Aussies!
C.) Muslim-Middle Eastern
D.) Buddist-Asian

Go ahead...you can say it.....nobody will be mad at you.

AND....so now I ask you......WHY would you pick that? Could it based on common knowledge gained from past expericances?

Of course....and there is nothing wrong with acknowledging that.
Byrd Man
Well as to your little pop quiz there, I don't go and base my judgements on things based on stereotypes and fear mongering. I understand what the answer is supposed to be there, but the whole situation is a mockery so there's no point in REALLY addressing that.

And I get what you're saying.

Nice read here though. Even though I'm a Christian, I found this a little funny.

All Religious texts are going to have some foul shit in there if taken literally. There's lots of stuff that were rituals or whatever back in the day, but aren't put into effect now.

But yeah.... so check this out. Just a funny little read.

And I'm not gonna go back and forth arguing religion because there's no point. It's one of those things like Politics that people have their beliefs and ideas firmly entrenched and nothing will change it. Which is fine, I suppose.

Why Can't I Own a Canadian?
October 2002

Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a east coast resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted fan,
Jim

BGv2.0
Very funny read...and all of those examples are Mosiac Code. Like I have said I'd say 98% of Christians the world over have accepted that, much, if not all of that is total bullshit, that you do not live your life by.

All I'm saying is the number of Muslims that do not do that are MUCH higher than any other religion.

The argument here is not religious tolerance....the argument is the level of fanatics.

When i say I'd like to inject pig urine into the veins of Fanitical Muslims....I don't mean the guy that runs the supermarket here in my home town (not a stereotype by the way...it's a fact).....I speak of the vile, subhuman that believes he will be rewarded by Allah with virgins for blowing himself and others up.

You stated that I am making a generalization....I assure you I am not. My hate is well focused and warrented.
KookedKrack
I suggest you Muslim haters watch a documentary called "where in the world in osama bin ladin" i think it kind of gives a little bit of insight into why the radicals do the things they do but even so they are a small percentage, a lot of those people are regular folks like any of us man.

As of today i will be conducting and experiment to prove my theory that there is a higher percentage of racist rednecks than there are radical Muslims.
Spyder
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Aug 20 2008, 10:11 AM) [snapback]401245[/snapback]
As of today i will be conducting and experiment to prove my theory that there is a higher percentage of racist rednecks than there are radical Muslims.

Where will this experiment take place...Al Hambra or Alabama?
KookedKrack
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 20 2008, 10:35 AM) [snapback]401248[/snapback]
Where will this experiment take place...Al Hambra or Alabama?

i must go to both places but for some reason i think id be safer in al hambra
Spyder
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Aug 20 2008, 10:45 AM) [snapback]401250[/snapback]
i must go to both places but for some reason i think id be safer in al hambra

Maybe if you covered the fact that you're American...but then to make the experiment accurate, you'd have to cover the fact that you're not a redneck in Alabama too.
ROLL DEEP
Radicals in ANY religion suck ass. Point blank.

I can only speak for myself, but as with regards to the Bible and the Old Testement, all that stoning and killing when people break laws (like plating two different crops?!?!?! WTF?), is pretty irrelevent now as Christians beleive that Jesus died for our sins so obviously we don't need to kill folk when they work on the sabbath.

Well, I'm a Christian and thats what I beleive.

Whether they are muslims, Christians or Hindu, if people somehow think that causing harm and destruction to other people is part of their religion, then I think they need to be reeducated....or smashed in the face with a big stick laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.