Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gamboa suffers 1st loss against Harris
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
Blayde
It wasnt even on the big Sunday night stage when Yuriorkis Gamboa was making a title defense against Twiggy Austin Harris who he had already beaten before. The public had already got to know that Gamboa was planning to capture the 122 pound title in order to make a huge fight against legendary hall of famer HWG happen. But things didnt went the right way as Gamboa was put on the canvas twice by Harris losing a clear cut unanimous decision.

Gamboa who is 54-1 now still wants to make the move to 122 and fight Doner Rakhmatullaev for the super bantamweight championship.

Gamboa: "I didnt overlook him. Of course I knew I had already beaten him, but I also knew how tough he was and that he was definitely my hardest challenger at 126. I still got it, Im not tired of the sport, you cant win them all. So Ill hopefully fight Rakhmatullaev now and get my rematch against Harris afterwards. I know I can beat him again."
CyruS
huh.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

how.... anti-climatic laugh.gif
Blayde
Man I was scared since that damn auto scheduler made that fight biggrin.gif Gamboa didnt want anything of Harris ... But he will get his revenge aggressive.gif
Maxy
Commentating on the upset for Sky Sports, Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn said in his post fight analysis, "Gamboa seemed to forget everything that made him the supreme champion he was. It was slipping away from him on points because Harris was executing the perfect game plan but I felt Gamboa was foolish to launch into that all-out-attack. When he went down in the 8th for a nine count the fight was lost and so he took desperate measures which were never going to pay off against an inspired Harris. He did well to get up in the 9th round but he looked dejected and beaten from that moment on. I'm very shocked by the outcome because I'd expected Gamboa to pound out a unanimous decision. To say he had one eye on the proposed HWG fight is too easy. I think he boxed a poor fight against a smart fighter, simple as that, and I have to give major props to the new champion."

When asked if he felt it would affect Gamboa's legacy Dipsy said, "He's the greatest featherweight of all time but he had a bad night at the office. He said he is still hungry and I believe him. I think he'll win the title at 122 and if he wants to, I think he can go on another incredible unbeaten run."
BigJuicyHog
Great week for my fighters. Wins over Green and Gamboa, both of whom seemed unstoppable at one point.
BigG
Congrats to BJH for the upset wins..he's on a high right now.

I'm really surprised Gamboa lost but then again..going 54-0 is ridiculous...he had to lose SOMETIME.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.