Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World of Warcraft
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
BigJuicyHog
Just checking up on my other fellow WoW players? Anything new?
Al Hata
I was looking for this thread earlier.

I've logged back onto my 70 orc hunter after a short vacation away from the action, doing some BGs and dailys to get ready for the WOTLK. My druid is lvl 39, twinked out, so he's chillin by the BGs also.

I kind of wish I was on a pvp server, it's too late to re roll and the transfer option doesn't exist yet so until then, its the Trollbane server for me.

I am looking forward to the winter!
JonnyBlaze
I used to play Everquest back in the day,maybe like 6 years ago..RPG computer games are really dope but I don't have time for em anymore..I got hooked on everquest for awhile there..I had a lvl 60 necromancer(60 was as high as you could go at that time) and a lvl 54 warrior and a lvl 35 shadowknight..It was a really dope game and I wish I was able to get back into the Everquest or WoW world but between college and boxing I don't have much spare time..If you guys have pics of your characters,I'd wanna see em though..
Bill The Butcher
I've mostly been playing in BGs with my lower level characters.

49 twink Shaman (Daggerspine), 29 Orc Hunter(Cairne), 29 Orc Rogue (Daggerspine), 29 Dwarf Priest (Kalecgos). I don't play my 60 Priest or 64 Warrior often.

I'm thinking about leveling a new character. I always end up taking long breaks from the game, but come crawling back for more.

JonnyBlaze
Gangs of New York is one of my top 5 favorite movies..Dope ass name to use Bill the Butcher..
Bill The Butcher
Yeah, Daniel Day Lewis did a great job acting in that movie.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 21 2008, 01:32 AM) [snapback]401321[/snapback]
Is it true that to actually do well in this game, you need to give up your social life?

HAHAHA..Some people definitely do give up their social life to play those kinda games..I never did,but I did play quite a bit..
BigJuicyHog
It is not neccesary to give up your social life to do well. Usually the ones who are pushing bleeding edge content (aka downing new bosses before anyone else) are the ones who play 8 hours a day 7 days a week. I am usually playing about 3 days a week at this point.

I have been doing alot of BGs and Arena on my lock and picking up some of the season 4 arena gear. Mostly been doing the daily fishing and cooking quests on my warrior and only farming on my pally. I also have a level 70 hunter now which is pretty fun.

I think Im more or less in wait for Wrath of the Lich King mode. I have stopped raiding besides a Saturday night Karazhan run that I organize every week. In my last two days playing I got over 18k honor in the BGs. Hopefully I will get my season 4 boots this week (1700 arena rating for those badboys).
Al Hata
What servers are you guys on again?

Any idea on what you'll be doing once WOTLK comes out?
BigJuicyHog
Im on Scarlet Crusade. When Wrath comes out im gonna grind my way to 70 as fast as possible on my Warrior. Then Ill prolly enjoy the grind a bit more bringing up my lock and pally etc. Ill have to see how it play out before I know for sure.
Bill The Butcher
I play on several servers. Daggerspine, Kalecgos, Cairne, and Blackrock.
Al Hata
Alright, I've been doing the BG thing with my 70 Hunter.......I tell ya though, I must of lost 8 straight games of WSG, it almost made me create a new character on the Alliance side.......luckily, I walked it off and was able to gather my senses and win a WSG.

Honestly though, if I ever have to spend that much time again on the WSG daily, I'm going to end up creating a Dwarf pally.
BigJuicyHog
What battlegroup are you Al? In my Battlegroup, Alliance loses almost all of the WSG and AB, and most of the EoS. I recently rerolled horde and have a 26 warrior and 26 druid on Dragonmaw (PVP).
Al Hata

I'm in battlegroup Ruin, with a big history of being Horde retarded......I can't transfer out either, my friends play on this server so it would be wack to transfer out. It's getting better though, just last night was ridiculous.

BigJuicyHog
Im on reckoning, where the Alliance are the retards. I was in Ashenvale yesterday on my hordies and got ganked by a paladin over 10 level higher than me. I saw him running from the guards at the Horde town a bit later and charged then hamstrung him so that the Guards pwned him.
Al Hata

So they finally let it happen, PVE to PVP servers are live. I'm going to jump at this.

Any recommendations on what PVP servers I should join? Looking for medium population, I roll Horde.
BigJuicyHog
Dragonmaw and Gurubashi are both good PVP servers in my battlegroup, but they are both high pop. I have some hordies on dragonmaw.
Al Hata

Alright so I made the move to a PVP server, Arthas. The servers you guys are on sound cool but they just don't fit my time frames for playing. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to find a group on a Pacific or central server. This is the site which I found some cool information.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

All I'm going to do is gank people in STV until WOTLK drops. Sweet.

BigJuicyHog
Picked up Warhammer Online over the weekend. Very good game. High system requirements though.
Bill The Butcher
I picked up Warhammer Online too.

I play on Drifting Castle (Core server) as a Black Orc, named Creasey. Currently Rank 14.

The game grows on you. I like it. Sort of WoWish, but has plenty of new elements that make it stand out on its own in my opinion. Especially with the public quests, RvR, and PvP.

What server do you play on Big?

I think I might create an Order character on a different server and another character on a pure RvR server.
BigJuicyHog
Im on Darklands, which is an Oceanic Server, and on Chaos Wastes where I have an Order character. Im thinking of cancelling because it runs like shit on my system.
BigJuicyHog
Been taking advantage of recruit a friend and duel box leveling a rogue and druid. From Friday to Sunday I got them from level 28 to level 47.
Al Hata

Right now I'm just grinding honor and gold so that when WOTLK hits I'll be able to cop some pvp items right away at lvl 80 and hopefully the next level of speed for my mount. I got the flyer but now I need the faster one...don't know whats it's called.

The Arthas pvp server is nuts, been ganked a few times waiting outside an instance....I also cruised through Stranglethorne Vale and ganked about 15 people before I hearthed out. It's real fun, I'm looking forward to lvling in a pvp zone.

BTW, there is supposed to be a pre-WOTLK patch launched soon.....any idea on when it could be?
BigJuicyHog
Yeah, the new patch will be on the 14th. Alot of big changes. Items are going to be changing, you get the new abilities in your skill tree (BM hunters will be able to train basically any pet in the game), and Raid bosses and mobs will have their health reduced by 30 percent.
BigJuicyHog
Got my Druid to 60, my Rogue to 59 (only about a bubble and a half from 60, and gave the extra recruit a friend levels to my Hunter to get him to 59 as well.
BigJuicyHog
Oh, and its patch day tommorow!
Al Hata
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Oct 13 2008, 01:15 PM) [snapback]406989[/snapback]
Oh, and its patch day tommorow!

Hell yeah, sounds good.

Quick question though, will there be an honor reset when WOTLK comes out? I've heard mixed reports on this.
BigJuicyHog
No, they had originally planned on it, but they scrapped that idea when people just about shit themselves. Honor will stay intact but arena points go bye bye.
Bill The Butcher
You gave up on Warhammer Online that quick, huh? Or your computer had trouble playing it?

BigJuicyHog
My computer had trouble running it nicely and I found I much prefer WoW anyways.
BigJuicyHog
Wow, that patch took forever to download. I got to mess around a bit on my Warrior this morning and the changes so far are awesome.
Al Hata

I started the download this morning before I left for work. Can't wait for this day to end!
BigJuicyHog
I started the download yesterday when I got home and it took 3-4 hours to complete.
Bill The Butcher
So did the new expansion for WoW come out yet?

Has anyone played the Shadow Knight class or whatever it's called?

Just curious.
BigJuicyHog
The expansion come out next month on the 13th. The Death Knight will be available in game to anyone who already has a level 55 or higher character and they start out at level 55.

There was just recently a big scourge event where players got transformed into Zombies and in turn changed more people into zombies.
Bill The Butcher
Cool, I think it might be time to re-activate my account. I always find myself coming back to WoW. It's a good game. Warhammer Online was fun, and I still like it, but it still doesn't fill that WoW experience.

Would be nice to try a Death Knight out. And is there going to be another race? Tuskarr? Or did I read that wrong?
Al Hata
No new races. What they should do is get rid of all the elves in this game.

BTW, how is Fable 2? I copped it, just don't have time to play.
BigJuicyHog
No new races.

If you like the lore aspect of WoW, the new expansion should be a wet dream.
Bill The Butcher
I bought Fable 2 and Fall Out 3. Fable 2 is good. Fall Out 3 seems great so far. Haven't put a whole lot of time in them though.

Good thing I didn't delete WoW from my computer. Now I just have to get caught up on a few patches.

Bill The Butcher
Alright, I might be getting on WoW later tonight after I take my daughter "trick or treating." I might have to roll a new character on one of your guy's servers.

I would prefer a PvP server, so I might go Arthas. I like having the threat of ganking or being ganked. Adds to the game experience.

You guys interested in rolling some alts for some PvP action? I'm down.

Haven't quite decided on what character I'm going to roll and focus on. Either Warrior or Druid. I like in your face melee, but I also like healing. Tough choice.
Al Hata
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Oct 31 2008, 07:13 PM) [snapback]408869[/snapback]
Alright, I might be getting on WoW later tonight after I take my daughter "trick or treating." I might have to roll a new character on one of your guy's servers.

I would prefer a PvP server, so I might go Arthas. I like having the threat of ganking or being ganked. Adds to the game experience.

You guys interested in rolling some alts for some PvP action? I'm down.

Haven't quite decided on what character I'm going to roll and focus on. Either Warrior or Druid. I like in your face melee, but I also like healing. Tough choice.

I'm on the Arthas server, you should roll there. I got a 70 orc hunter that just BGs right now until the expansion drops, then he's going to level. Also got a 39 tauren druid who I'd level with you by the time you caught up.

JonnyBlaze
Are there necromancers or shadowknight type characters in WoW??I loved being a necromancer in Everquest more than anything..In my opinion,the ultimate class..You're able to work real well in groups and you're just as deadly on your own..
JonnyBlaze
This is really making me want to get a new internet RPG like Everquest or WoW..Everquest was the best game I've ever played but took up a lot of time to get to high levels..I had a level 60 necro,54 warrior,and a 35 shadowknight..I'm no longer in high school soo I don't have time like that to spare..I box and am in college soo I'm lucky if I'm even able to play my xbox a couple time a week(not for very long though)..
Bill The Butcher
It's easier to level in WoW. They have Shadow priest and Warlocks right now. And in a couple of weeks they are getting a new class called Death Knight.

I transfered a couple of characters to Arthas. My 60 undead priest and 36 tauren warrior. Bhop and Gatti are their names. I also created a druid and warlock. Creasey and Warshington. I made my priest to shadow, because I needed to level easier. But I moslty heal in BGs.

Damn, I need to get used to the speed of the game again. I suck. It has been a while since I played WoW and these characters.
Bill The Butcher
Hey, Bigjuicyhog, you interested in rolling a horde character on Arthas server? I got a lower level character on there, level 36 tauren warrior (Gatti). Al Hata has a 39 tauren druid. I would be down for whatever...Questing, Instances, World PvP, BGs...doesn't matter to me.
BigJuicyHog
Maybe. I have a ton of time invested on the Alliance side. 70 Warrior, 70 Warlock, 70 Paladin, 67 Druid, 60 Rogue, and 59 Hunter. I have a 48 Warrior on another PVP server that I may be willing to transfer though.
BigJuicyHog
Only 7 days until the expansion. I got a new computer, so I think I may get my fiance to start playing :tu:
Al Hata

I'm looking forward to picking it up next week. I have not been on in awhile, Xbox360 has taken over my gaming at the moment but I'm going to try to log on this weekend to take care of some things before it drops.

Bill, if I can get on this weekend I'll run your priest through a dungeon or something in Outland if you want. I can solo the first few dungeons for ya, or we can pvp with our taurens.
BigJuicyHog
What do you guys think of the expansion. I am loving it so far! Im am level 72 on my Warrior. I cant believe how fast people got to 80.
Bill The Butcher
I haven't been playing WoW at the moment. I got sucked into my Xbox 360. I bought Fable 2, Fall Out 3, and Call of Duty 5. I've mostly been playing CoD 5 when I have the time for gaming.

But I should be getting the new expansion for WoW soon.

Has anyone tried the new Death Knight class yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.