Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's the best boxing actor??
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
JonnyBlaze
If there was a tournament between all the actors who did boxing movies,who do you think would win??Go for P4P best..
I think the "championship" fight would be Will Smith(Ali) and Daniel Day Lewis(The Boxer)..I really don't know who would win between the two of them..They both would of been great boxers..William Dafoe was decent in Triumph of the Spirit but nowhere near as good as Lewis and Smith..He did have Teddy Atlas training him though but Dafoe wasn't as confident about his skills as Lewis and Smith..Stallone is power and not much skill at boxing(he is southpaw though)..Undisputed 1 with Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames was good too..Wesley has maddd skills too and is up there with Lewis and Smith..Ving was slow but would be droppin mad bombs..There are a few movies to work with off the start since I don't feel like naming em all..
STEVENSKI
You must forget all the classic boxing movies.

Gladiator
Streets of Gold
Hard Times

So many more I just cannot remember right now.

Anyway I would take Chaney to whoop that ass. You can't fuck with a prime Bronson.
STEVENSKI
The dude from Tyson was a bad MOFO the way he beat up on Givens was great.

The best fighter in a movie was either Morrison from Rocky V or Tarter from Rocky VI as they are actual world champs.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 21 2008, 12:37 AM) [snapback]401318[/snapback]
The dude from Tyson was a bad MOFO the way he beat up on Givens was great.

The best fighter in a movie was either Morrison from Rocky V or Tarter from Rocky VI as they are actual world champs.

I mean the best actors that did boxing movies like the guys I named..Tarver and Morrison are boxers even though they were in movies..Cinderella Man was another good boxing movie..Of all the boxing movies I've seen,I think Will Smith or Daniel Day Lewis would of made the best boxers in real life..I really wonder who'd win the fight if those two fought each other on some kind celebrity boxing show..They need to do a celebrity boxing all on actors who boxed in movies..Then we'd get to see what's really up..
Method
Snipes was good in Streets of Gold and Undisputed, although Streets was a better movie.
Spyder
Carl Weathers hands down!

Dude looked like a mix of Ali, Roy Jones, and Sugar Ray Leonard...

The Master of Disaster, The King of Sting, The Dancing Destroyer, The Count of Monte Fisto...Apollo Creed!! thumbsup_anim.gif

Method
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 21 2008, 10:34 AM) [snapback]401334[/snapback]

The Master of Disaster, The King of Sting, The Dancing Destroyer, The Count of Monte Fisto...Apollo Creed!! thumbsup_anim.gif

"I've retired more men than social securty" - The Count of Monte Fisto, Apollo Creed
Douchebag
Robert Deniro
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Aug 21 2008, 06:34 PM) [snapback]401377[/snapback]
Robert Deniro

yeah, i'm gonna have to agree with that one
BigG
QUOTE(Method @ Aug 21 2008, 01:19 PM) [snapback]401329[/snapback]
Snipes was good in Streets of Gold and Undisputed, although Streets was a better movie.

I agree. Wesley did work with Manny Steward and Lennox Lewis for that movie.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 21 2008, 09:34 AM) [snapback]401334[/snapback]

HAHAHA..He was really impressive..That guy is a great actor..I did forget Robert Deniro..Robert was really good but I don't think he's better than Will Smith or Daniel Day Lewis..Will was sooo fast..The KO of Foreman in the movie looked soo much like the actual KO..He obviously did a lot of boxing training..
streetlion1
Co-sign on CW as Apollo Creed.......Woody Harelson and Antonio Banderas were pretty good in Play It To The Bone too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.