Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Nigel McGuinness - Anderson Silva Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
Sunday August 31, 2008 marks a new day in the Light Heavyweight Division with 2 young fighters battling it out for Light Heavyweight Supremacy.

Virtually Undefeated, Reigning and Defending Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion Of The World, Nigel McGuinness (20-2-0 14KOs) puts his titles on the line against Top Light Heavyweight Anderson "The Spider" Silva (20-1-2 11KOs)

Will McGuinness start a great run with his new promotion and gym Only Built 4 TOS and successfully defend his titles? Or will Silva upset the party and claim the undisputed championship?

McGuinness Career Highlights :

L UD 12, W KO 8, W KO 7 Crack-E-Mon - avenges defeat with back to back knockout victories
L UD 12, W KO 7, W KO 3 Lebron "The Wizard" Puba - avenges defeat with back to back knockout victories
W KO 3, W KO 3 Kurt Angle - Knockout wins over top contender.
W KO 9, W KO 9 Timberwolf Johnson - back to back knockout wins over the former world champion
W MD 12 Terrence "Ten-Count" Tunney - wins the ABC Light Heavyweight Title over the former world champion.
W UD 12 Jaidon Codrington - Clear Cut victory to win the Undisputed Light Heavyweight Titles.

----

Silva Career Highlights :

W KO 8, W UD 12 Timberwolf Johnson - solid wins over the former world champion
W UD 12 Fabulous Freddie Futura - solid win over top contender

---------------

Place your bets!
CyruS
QUOTE(Nigel McGuinness - Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion Of The World)
It's obvious that Anderson Silva and the cowards at Insanity International are just that mate, cowards! They have yet to promote the fight and I understand why that is, they are afraid, yes afraid. Silva is going to receive a bloody good beatdown straight from the U.K.! I am Nigel McGuinness and I am the pride of the United Kingdom! Anderson Silva face me coward!
The CEO
Hello, everyone....you'll have to forgive me for not promoting this fight....but there are reasons for this....I am Brazilian. I don't normally talk the shit...and my English is not so good....which is funny because this Nigel McGuinness....he is English, and he is not so good....

(The crowd erupts in laughter. Silva is really over with the crowd.)

Thank you.

To my fans...I love you all....I promise to be an honorable Champion.

Maxy
I've got big money on the draw. McGuinness surprised Codrington with his boxing ability although it could be argued that Codringtons mind wasn't right after not being paid by Harry Angus. Silva boxed nicely to outbox Futura.

Both seem quick fighters but neither have fantastic power. It will go the distance unless one of them goes all-out and it'll be too close to separate them at the finish. McGuinness will keep his titles via a draw.
CyruS
Maxy, mate, you picked the wrong outcome. I plan on destroying Anderson Silva, he doesn't deserve to be in the ring with a true champion such as myself. Silva, you non english speaking pop tart, I will hit you with a bloody good dynamic right hand that will detach your retinas! You will be staring up at the lights while I look down upon you like this

and I'll wonder why your sodding team allowed you to get your bloody face pummeled by my hands.
The CEO
QUOTE(The Spider)
I want immediate rematch. This Nigel McGuinness is how do you say?....a pussy. He did not come to fight like he said.....he is no warrior.....jab jab jab jab jab jab run run run run run run....when the fight was over, I felt like I took a nice, warm bubble bath ...ahhhh yes....use sponge on my chest.
CyruS
I boxed beautifully. It's obvious mates, Silva did not want to get knocked out so he boxed outside. I won the first 8 rounds easy and coasted the ladder part of the fight. Why over exert myself? Since those cowards at International Insanity want to hinder my good name, I have signed on to fight Thomas Hearns another fighter from II. I will annihilate him, for the United Kingdom!
The CEO
QUOTE(SKULLSPLITTER - The CEO)
Yep. You were right, Anderson. In America..."fighters" like McGuinness are what we call pussies....you weren't even employing a power game, or giving a full effort.....I'd say you were at 50% last night....which means 60% will knock him the fuck out.....McGuinness felt your power, went into a shell, and survived....and now in his flagrant ducking of you, he's jumped out of the frying pan smack dab into the fire....he will get his. Hearns will avenge you, and then you'll get your shot against your II brother....
CyruS
BOLLOCKS! Anderson Silva did not come to fight, he came to box and I outboxed him. If he truly wanted to fight me, I would have hit him with a pulverizing bloody right hand that would have sent him to france. Thomas Hearns is up next, after him maybe I'll fight Silva again and see if he is man enough to give me a real bloody fight.
The CEO
QUOTE(from Thomas Hearns at an early press release)
I`m comin` for blood, McGuinness....I`mma tell ya right now...you won`t be able to run against ME like you did against Silva...

In fact, I`m so confident in my skills over yours, I`mma go ahead and tell ya a little about my fight plan...and I ain`t gonna spit any bullshit like you did....

I`m gonna corner you like the rat you are and give you the worst beating of your life....

So let it be written. So let it be done...

(talking to The CEO as they walk off stage)

Muhfucka talkin` `bout "destroyin`" and "detachin` retinas" and then runnin` like a bitch...pffff

(The CEO says..)

That`s right, T. He ain`t no man. YOU a man....you THEE man.
The CEO
and Thomas Hearns is the NEW, Light Heavyweight, Champion of the Wooooooooooooorld....yes2.gif

He chooses his 1st defense to be against his stablemate, Anderson Silva.....
Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 7 2008, 08:54 AM) [snapback]403532[/snapback]
and Thomas Hearns is the NEW, Light Heavyweight, Champion of the Wooooooooooooorld.... yes2.gif

He chooses his 1st defense to be against his stablemate, Anderson Silva.....

That was a good win for Hearns, he pretty much dominated. However the promoters, namely Harold "Harry" Angus, isn't happy about him defending his title against Anderson Silva. Silva quite simply doesn't deserve a title fight. He just got knocked out by Vladislav Vladilen in the 12th round.

Angus said, "I am happy for Hearns to make a voluntary defense of his newly won title but it has to be against a winning fighter. We don't wanna rip the fans off for what would basically be a glorified sparring session. Silva needs to rebuild. We await Mr Hearns and Skullsplitters response."
Maxy
EDIT: It appears TOS has already booked a rematch between Hearns and McGuinness.
The CEO
At the time I posted the above release, Hearns and Silva were both open....and regardless of Silva's freak loss last night, they are the 2 of the very best Light Heavies out there....and they need to fight each other to establish order.

yet here we go AGAIN....II Members RARELY get options or rematches when we win or lose the big ones....but the promoters' fighters ALMOST ALWAYS get things their way...I am sure Big Juicy Hog and his men will vouch for this....

That ain't cuttin' it, guys.....be fucking fair....I chose not to be a promoter because I had faith in y'all.....and I'm telling you now....Insanity International won't stand for this...am I gonna have to mention the word, "boycott"?
CyruS
When I got up this morning I checked the results and then the press releases and nothing was said so I just booked in the rematch, when I checked the board after that, I noticed all this and I was like.... "whoops." laugh.gif
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Sep 7 2008, 11:31 AM) [snapback]403546[/snapback]
When I got up this morning I checked the results and then the press releases and nothing was said so I just booked in the rematch, when I checked the board after that, I noticed all this and I was like.... "whoops." laugh.gif

Harold Angus has taken the opportunity to criticize fellow promoter TOS for making a rematch without consulting anybody else over the matter.

Angus said, "This is typical TOS behaviour. The man is a snake and I'm backing Skullsplitter on this one. I find TOS' actions to be abhorrent and I shall be writing to the authorities to make sure he is reprimanded for this outrage. I'd like to suggest that in future title fights are not made (unless agreement between parties is reached beforehand) until the Monday after all the big Sunday fights. This should help allieviate such problems as this one. I'm Harry Angus, I look after the sport like no other. You can trust me."

laugh.gif
CyruS
QUOTE(Touch oF SleeP - a.k.a. The Man)
Harold likes to talk alot of dumb shit, Yo Harold, I got 2 words of ya, TONY PALOMINO

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
The CEO
The man behind TOS is my homey....but I DID say earlier in this thread that when Hearns beat McGuinness, he would give Silva 1st shot.....all we're asking for is the same consideration the promoters get when it comes to options and/or immediate rematches after title fights...

It's not like II is a gym full of light hitting sissies or duckers...everyone knows we've always granted immediate rematches or taken on the strongest competition once one of the boys are on top....

Anyway....due to this problem I'm addressing, a few of my recent champs haven't had the leverage position in matchmaking or the opprotunity to build any momentum....which they should have finally been allowed to....

Here's some recent examples...Dexter Moore didn't get to relax at all after winning the title...after I specifically asked for him to be able pick and choose for a couple or weeks....The Prince beat Sennen Pink for the strap....Pink beats The Prince in the rematch, and then my boy gets thrown to the side....

Look...we don't have a large squad....so we haven't had too many champions...everyone knows our men have paid dues and been very honorable and patient.....and when they finally get a belt....you can best believe they've earned it and won't be hard to find...

It's like this....just don't be all quick draw and selfish with the matchmaking Sunday morning, promoters....check the WeBL section at FH as well as the press releases at the league's headquarters before you make a decision....give II until late Sunday night to announce their wishes after winning OR losing a big fight....GIVE Insanity International the consideration and respect we deserve....

Thank you.
CyruS
Maxy's plan should work. No scheduling of title fights until Monday to give everyone a full day to plan out their moves.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Sep 7 2008, 12:52 PM) [snapback]403568[/snapback]
Maxy's plan should work. No scheduling of title fights until Monday to give everyone a full day to plan out their moves.

I don't wanna take credit for that plan.

Its all the work of our master promoter Mr Harold "Harry" Angus, a man who personifies honesty in the name of the sport he loves.

laugh.gif
Blayde
Whens the auto scheduler making its fights though? Maybe that could become a problem, I dont know!?
Maxy
The auto scheduler don't kick in for a few days if no fights are made. Usually I think the title fights that are scheduled are pretty fair but if people want to state a case for their fighters merits then everyone can have a say and the fights can be made on the Monday, unless, as stated there is already an agreement in place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.