Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prime Tommy Hearns VS. Prime Shane Mosley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
JonnyBlaze
I really like both of these guys and wish they would of been able to fight each other at welterweight..Their skills are similar in some ways like speed and both have good boxing abilities..Who do ya all think is faster??I'm kinda undecided..Hearns would have a big power edge on Shane I think..Also the height difference would make a difference too..Hearns would have a 4 inch height and reach advantage..I think I'd pick Hearns to win the fight by decision since Shane has a real good chin and is a warrior..I think Hearns might be able to drop him once though with a straight right..What do ya all think??
BigG
I think Tommy was the worst style matchup for Shane...I see a decision win or possible a KO.
STEVENSKI
Hearns by brutal career ending knockout. If a fighter like Forrest can hurt & drop Shane then a fighter the calibre of Hearns would not let him escape. Too big too fast & too powerful IMO.

Bad bad bad bad bad fight for Shane. Shane just is not big enough to handle a guy like Hearns. Not to say that Shane is a poor fighter by any stretch but this is a terrible matchup for Shane.
D-MARV
Hearns by late stoppage!!!!!
JonnyBlaze
I think it would of made for a better fight than what ya guys think..I was trying to think of a fight through styles and somehow came up with this one..haha..I was also thinking of B-Hop VS. Marvin Hagler..The Shane from the De La Hoya fights would give Hearns some problems I think..Hearns was a monster though at every weight he fought at..
GMAN73
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 24 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]401790[/snapback]
I think it would of made for a better fight than what ya guys think..I was trying to think of a fight through styles and somehow came up with this one..haha..I was also thinking of B-Hop VS. Marvin Hagler..The Shane from the De La Hoya fights would give Hearns some problems I think..Hearns was a monster though at every weight he fought at..

If Sugar Shane could get past the 5th round he would stop Hearns late, SS would wear him down to the body and Hearns was prone to blowing his load early, but in the same breath, Hearns jab-right hand was a hell of a lot like Forrest's and he was faster and meaner than Vernon, problem with that is SS would have known that TH was gunning for him(just like he gunned for everyone at 147) and been a lot less exposed vs. a guy like Tommy Hearns than he was for the less explosive VF.
Mosley KO11 Hearns, but it isn't easy.

Hopkins was too smart for Hagler, who relied heavily on his corner for advice during tough fights, Bernard Hopkins is a taller, quicker, right handed version of Hagler and much better on defense, plus he doesn't get cut. The only advantage Hagler would have is an edge in power, which would be totally negated by Bernard's excellent footwork.
Hopkins UD12 116-112 or wider. IMO of course.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(GMAN73 @ Aug 24 2008, 10:52 PM) [snapback]401803[/snapback]
If Sugar Shane could get past the 5th round he would stop Hearns late, SS would wear him down to the body and Hearns was prone to blowing his load early, but in the same breath, Hearns jab-right hand was a hell of a lot like Forrest's and he was faster and meaner than Vernon, problem with that is SS would have known that TH was gunning for him(just like he gunned for everyone at 147) and been a lot less exposed vs. a guy like Tommy Hearns than he was for the less explosive VF.
Mosley KO11 Hearns, but it isn't easy.

Hopkins was too smart for Hagler, who relied heavily on his corner for advice during tough fights, Bernard Hopkins is a taller, quicker, right handed version of Hagler and much better on defense, plus he doesn't get cut. The only advantage Hagler would have is an edge in power, which would be totally negated by Bernard's excellent footwork.
Hopkins UD12 116-112 or wider. IMO of course.

I like your points..Ya really must have thought about the Shane/Hearns fight..Hearns could of been better than he was back then had he tried to box more then he did and not go for the kill as quickly..He sometimes would give his height away like he did with Hagler which he found out was a big mistake even though he fazed Hagler just as much as he got fazed at first..Hearns was a beast on the outside for anyone with his 1-2..Hearns definitely hits way harder than Vernon though..Styles make fights though and Vernon had the style that bothered Shane..Seeing how Hearns would sometimes give his height up,Shane would take advantage of it..The Hagler/B-Hop fight I think would go to B-Hop too..Hagler would have a lot of problems catching him..If B-Hop stuck to sniping him and moving,Hagler could have a mental breakdown from being sooo pissed off..hahaha..
STEVENSKI
Lets be real guys. SRL took a boxing lesson from Hearns for 12 rounds & he was a better fighter in every area in comparison to Shane. He was also bigger physically & a natural welter.

I could break it all down but I just don't have time right now but I think it would be a one sided affair & a career destroying beatdown for Mosley. Hearns is no Forrest or DLH thats for sure & Shane is not the same caliber as SRL.

BTW do you know how much it pains me to praise SRL (I really really hate him). I like Mosley & think he was a great fighter who has given many enjoyable performances but he is just too small & too out gunned in this one.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 25 2008, 12:37 AM) [snapback]401811[/snapback]
BTW do you know how much it pains me to praise SRL (I really really hate him).

hahaha.That's funny..What's your beef with SRL??Did ya not like it when he'd try to win rounds by late flurries or somethin??I also gotta agree that Hearns did out box SRL when they fought..Those fights almost slipped my mind since it has been so long since seeing them..I wish Hearns never gave up his height though..It left him very vulnerable at times..He was good on the inside though but like Corrales ,never had to give up his height but just liked to do it to get a war goin sometimes..Hearns was great when he boxed and should of stuck to only doing that in my opinion instead of giving his opponents options..
STEVENSKI
I just hate his whole fake attitude. PBF is like a poor mans SRL with the holding out on fights & his arrogance just pissed me off.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 25 2008, 01:37 AM) [snapback]401816[/snapback]
PBF is like a poor mans SRL

hahaha,you're funny man..
STEVENSKI
I speak the truth.

If PBF had any real balls (yes it does take nuts to get in the ring I know) & took risks he may be considered greater than SRL. He didn't & therefore won't be.

SRL took on 50/50 fights & win or lose gave his all & that is why his legacy shows great names on it.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 25 2008, 01:55 AM) [snapback]401821[/snapback]
I speak the truth.

If PBF had any real balls (yes it does take nuts to get in the ring I know) & took risks he may be considered greater than SRL. He didn't & therefore won't be.

SRL took on 50/50 fights & win or lose gave his all & that is why his legacy shows great names on it.

SRL was in one of the best eras of boxing at the weights he fought at..SRR's era and SRL's era are the 2 best era's for Welterweight and Middleweight..Maybe a topic should be made outta that..Which era was better..If I had to choose of the top of my head,I'd say SRR because SRR is my favorite fighter ever..
PBF fought the best guys he could in my opinion..He should of focused on the welterweight division more than he did but he rose up from the lower weights and beat champions..Corrales was a real good fighter that he fought,but he should of fought him at lightweight and not make Corrales kill himself to get down in weight(could be a reason why it ended like it did)..Thats one example..Who do you think he should of fought that he hadn't??Who do you think could of beaten him??
I totally agree with you about the 50/50 split that SRL was willing to do to make the best fights..Fighters these days are greedy and would fight money fights than the right fights..Pro boxers deserve more money than the average ones make for sure,but at least make the fights everyone wants and not the pay day fight..It's not good for boxing that some boxers do this..
JLUVBABY
i think hearns has too many weapons for mosley... hearns had leonard beat going into their last round (which is my favorite fight of all times by the way), and as good as mosely is he is no leonard... like someone else said if mosely could get done in by forrest twice no way he has the goods to deal with hearns... hearns was a beast at every division he fought in... the matchup i think would be fun to have seen would have been shane mosely vs. aaron pryor... now that would be a fight... pryor naturally smaller than hearns and evens out the playing field a little... pryor by the way has a amateur win over tommy hearns so even though he never fought the guys in the pro's he does have ameteur wins over top flight opposition... he is probably one of the most ducked champs of all time... he chased leonard for a while... leonard ran from the guy... there was something bout leonard that he really thought he could beat him... maybe he knew something.
JLUVBABY
PBF fought the best guys he could in my opinion..He should of focused on the welterweight division more than he did but he rose up from the lower weights and beat champions..Corrales was a real good fighter that he fought,but he should of fought him at lightweight and not make Corrales kill himself to get down in weight(could be a reason why it ended like it did)..Thats one example..Who do you think he should of fought that he hadn't??

very interesting topic here... while i think he wold have won the fights anyway i think these fights are very interesting... i would have liked to have seen floyd tangle with freitas and casamayor... koystya tszyu at junior welterwight.. but i think the fight would have been mosely at lightweight.. they where both monsters at that weight and that is the fight that should have been made.. no doubt...

blackbelt2003
Jeez, reading this thread has been hard work. Can people please start using punctuation and paragraphs?
biggrin.gif

Black
Mean Mister Mustard
Sugar Shane Mosley would do well to try and get to Hearns's body but at the the end of the day either he gets stopped by Hearns or gets outpointed.
Big Slim Sweet
Terrible, terrible matchup for Mosley. Hearns was all wrong for him and would have beat him up, though Shane's guts and wile probably would have allowed him to reach the finish line, much like they did in the first fight with Vernon. Pains me to say it and it might sound too simplistic, but that first fight with Vernon really is a blueprint I think for how a Hearns-Mosley fight would have looked, though like someone already said Mosley would have been a lot more cautious against Hearns and more prepared for that kind of all-out assault. Still, Tommy's freakish reach and power likely would have caused Shane insurmountable problems. Hearns UD 118-109, 119-108, 116-111.

I've also come around to agree that Hopkins would have defeated Hagler. I love Marvin, but I feel like BHop would have found ways to outsmart him and lure him into fighting a fight that was all wrong for him. Hagler probably would begin to figure things out late in the fight and start to make some necessary adjustments, but it would have been a case of too little, too late. Hopkins UD 115-113, 116-112, 116-112, with Hagler hotly disputing the call.
GMAN73
I have read all the post's on this topic, and people have have touched on everything except for the fact that Hearns and Forrest, even though similar in size and reach were totally different in style. Hearns was a Kronk gym fighter, tall, aggressive and balls out. Forrest has an Olympic type style jabbing, probing and setting up his opponent for the big right hand. Plus he was "clinchy" and leaned on his opponents, something that seemed to be against Tommy's religion.

I stated before, if SS got past 5 he wins by late stoppage, the key word in that statement is "if"?

Pryor would have hande PBF a magnificent beating, and would have struggled with Mosley but won a close, decisive decision. My take on those 2 matchups: styles make fights. AP too busy for PBF, Mosley a little stronger puncher keeps AP honest and reluctant, in sharp contrast to his normal style.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Aug 25 2008, 06:09 AM) [snapback]401837[/snapback]
very interesting topic here... while i think he wold have won the fights anyway i think these fights are very interesting... i would have liked to have seen floyd tangle with freitas and casamayor... koystya tszyu at junior welterwight.. but i think the fight would have been mosely at lightweight.. they where both monsters at that weight and that is the fight that should have been made.. no doubt...

Casamayor would of been a great fight for PBF too in my opinion..Floyd never fought a top notch southpaw with the skills and crafty style of Casamayor..
rusty_trombone
uh, I think the Vernon Forrest fights sort of proves the Tommy Hearns would have handled Mosley pretty easily. I mean the man was goddamn freak at welterweight.
King Eugene
If Shane cant stop Hearns and his suspect chin that Hearns def. by decision. But Hearns didnt have the sturdiest of chins. Well atleast from the big fights I seen. But he had some long strong legs to keep him up when his head was woozy! I say SRL whoops both they ass! LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 25 2008, 09:23 PM) [snapback]401915[/snapback]
If Shane cant stop Hearns and his suspect chin that Hearns def. by decision. But Hearns didnt have the sturdiest of chins. Well atleast from the big fights I seen. But he had some long strong legs to keep him up when his head was woozy! I say SRL whoops both they ass! LOL

It's too bad SRL and Hearns didn't have another fight..
Sugar Q
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 25 2008, 10:34 PM) [snapback]401918[/snapback]
It's too bad SRL and Hearns didn't have another fight..

Leaonard and Hearns fought twice with the second being a draw in which most believed Tommy won. Hearns knocked down Ray 3 times. I didn't wanna comment but this is a crazy post. I am a HUGE Shane fan but Tommy "Hitman" Hearns would've DESTROYED Shane! No chance of a decision. Hearns had probably the best jab in welter-wt history. SRL's detached retina can attest to that and Ray was one of the greatest fighters P4P ever. Shane does not have the power to keep Tommy away and this Hopkins/Hagler thing is nuts. Hopkins biggest wins at 160 were DeLahoya and Trinidad. Do your research on Juan Roldan, Vito Antuofermo, Mustafa Hamsho, John "The Beast" Mugabi even Roberto Duran at 160. Hopkins would not have reigned supreme during Hagler's era. If he had problems with Jermaine Taylor, Fully Obel would've been a nightmare. Hearns was a monster at 147. Back then PBF and Shane's test would've been to get past 140. When you say hearns and Ray Leonard your talking about 2 of the top 5 greatest welter-wts ever!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Aug 25 2008, 09:51 PM) [snapback]401929[/snapback]
Leaonard and Hearns fought twice with the second being a draw in which most believed Tommy won. Hearns knocked down Ray 3 times. I didn't wanna comment but this is a crazy post. I am a HUGE Shane fan but Tommy "Hitman" Hearns would've DESTROYED Shane! No chance of a decision. Hearns had probably the best jab in welter-wt history. SRL's detached retina can attest to that. Shane does not have the power to keep Tommy away and this Hopkins/Hagler thing is nuts. Hopkins biggest wins at 160 were DeLahoya and Trinidad. Do your research on Juan Roldan, Vito Antuofermo, Mustafa Hamsho, John "The Beast" Mugabi even Roberto Duran at 160. Hopkins would not have reigned supreme during Hagler's era. If he had problems with Jermaine Taylor Fully Obel would've been a nightmare. Hearns was a monster at 147. Back then PBF and Shane's test would've been to get past 140. When you say hearns and Ray Leonard your talking about 2 of the top 5 greatest welter-wts ever!

I know Hearns Leonard fought twice..I wish they fought again cause of the draw..I think Hearns won the second fight too..

Hopkins over 40 years old had a problem with young Jermaine Taylor,we are all talking about a prime Bernard Hopkins..All older fighters near or past 40 have problems with younger fighters..Hopkins loves guys who come after him like all the guys you named(Mugabi and Duran)..Also,I don't need to research any of those fighters,I already know em all good enough..How would they land shots on Hopkins??How would they stop Hopkins' short and quick straight right??

I am a huge Shane fan too and a bigger Hearns fan which is maybe why I set this matchup up in the first place..It'd be a fun fight to see in my opinion..
GMAN73
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Aug 25 2008, 09:51 PM) [snapback]401929[/snapback]
Leaonard and Hearns fought twice with the second being a draw in which most believed Tommy won. Hearns knocked down Ray 3 times. I didn't wanna comment but this is a crazy post. I am a HUGE Shane fan but Tommy "Hitman" Hearns would've DESTROYED Shane! No chance of a decision. Hearns had probably the best jab in welter-wt history. SRL's detached retina can attest to that and Ray was one of the greatest fighters P4P ever. Shane does not have the power to keep Tommy away and this Hopkins/Hagler thing is nuts. Hopkins biggest wins at 160 were DeLahoya and Trinidad. Do your research on Juan Roldan, Vito Antuofermo, Mustafa Hamsho, John "The Beast" Mugabi even Roberto Duran at 160. Hopkins would not have reigned supreme during Hagler's era. If he had problems with Jermaine Taylor, Fully Obel would've been a nightmare. Hearns was a monster at 147. Back then PBF and Shane's test would've been to get past 140. When you say hearns and Ray Leonard your talking about 2 of the top 5 greatest welter-wts ever!

I can see Hearns knocking out SS. But Hopkins would have destroyed Antuofermo and Hamsho just like he did Joppy and Holmes, Crushed Duran like he did the blown up Simon Brown, Tamed Mugabi like he did Echols. And beat Roldan just like he did Mercado.

And Hagler was shot by 33, B-Hop is 43 and still fighting on even par with the likes of Calzaghe, and handing out asskickings to Champions like Tarver and Wright. aggressive.gif
The Original MrFactor
Mosely cant get out of the way of a jab. He had trouble with guys like Forest and Wright. Those guys could jab him and in Forests case, nail him with rights and uppercuts. Mosely would be taylor made for Hearns. Hearns would eat him up!!! In a 15 rounder, I wouldnt expect Mosley to see the 13th...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 25 2008, 10:23 PM) [snapback]401915[/snapback]

Hearns chin was good enough to take Hagler's bombs. It took the great Ray Leonard about 12 rounds to really tap Tommy's chin. Mosely hasnt really stopped anyone of note at WW. i think Hearns chin would have been fine...
King Eugene
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Aug 26 2008, 12:41 AM) [snapback]401954[/snapback]
Hearns chin was good enough to take Hagler's bombs.

Yea for all of two rounds. Please tell me you didnt forget that. LOL Youtube it if you did.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 26 2008, 01:57 AM) [snapback]401958[/snapback]
Yea for all of two rounds. Please tell me you didnt forget that. LOL Youtube it if you did.

Absolutely not!! The point was Mosley aint Hagler. Hagler for the 3 rounds that fight lasted put more on Tommy than Mosley would in 25 rounds. Not to mention the weight difference...
King Eugene
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Aug 26 2008, 02:17 AM) [snapback]401960[/snapback]
Absolutely not!! The point was Mosley aint Hagler. Hagler for the 3 rounds that fight lasted put more on Tommy than Mosley would in 25 rounds. Not to mention the weight difference...

Well I guess thats one thing about this debate..............we'll never find out.

You think Hearns would smash him, I think it would be a good fight that went the distance unless Shane Stopped Hearns or the Doc stopped the fight from Shane having a swollen eye from all those dang jabs!
King Eugene
Yo.....remember when Tommy Hearns tried to call out Roy Jones Jr. for a shot at the supermiddle weight title and Roy addressed it after the Eric Lucas stoppage? His words where "what would I prove beating up an old Tommy Hearns" LMAO offtopic.gif yea I know but I just had to throw that one in there.

And before you guys get started........HELL NO HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEAT JONES AT MIDDLEWEIGHT!!!
Sugar Q
QUOTE(GMAN73 @ Aug 25 2008, 11:56 PM) [snapback]401943[/snapback]
I can see Hearns knocking out SS. But Hopkins would have destroyed Antuofermo and Hamsho just like he did Joppy and Holmes, Crushed Duran like he did the blown up Simon Brown, Tamed Mugabi like he did Echols. And beat Roldan just like he did Mercado.

And Hagler was shot by 33, B-Hop is 43 and still fighting on even par with the likes of Calzaghe, and handing out asskickings to Champions like Tarver and Wright. aggressive.gif

You should truly compare the fighters you mentioned. Antuofermo, Hamsho, Roldan, Mugabi and Duran vs. Echols, Simon Brown?, Joppy and Holmes? You gotta be kidding. Marvelous Marvin Hagler against Tarver and Calzaghe?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Aug 26 2008, 10:08 AM) [snapback]401990[/snapback]
You should truly compare the fighters you mentioned. Antuofermo, Hamsho, Roldan, Mugabi and Duran vs. Echols, Simon Brown?, Joppy and Holmes? You gotta be kidding. Marvelous Marvin Hagler against Tarver and Calzaghe?

How do you think a fight between Hagler and Hopkins would play out??It'd be power Vs. skill..Not to say Hagler didn't have skill cause he did but not on the level of Hopkins skill..Hopkins can make you miss and take a shot or a few shots in return for missing..

Mugabi and Duran are prime example of guys Hopkins would eat up..They may be extremely strong and be able to throw a lot of punches but Hopkins would like that in his hay day..You must be forgetting Hopkins head movement,counter punches,and his quick footwork..Hopkins in his prime and even now at 43 still gives guys major problems hitting him..Ya could compare the Tito/Hopkins fight to a Duran/Hopkins fight with giving even a greater height advantage to Hopkins if he fought Duran..
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 26 2008, 04:54 PM) [snapback]402025[/snapback]
How do you think a fight between Hagler and Hopkins would play out??It'd be power Vs. skill..Not to say Hagler didn't have skill cause he did but not on the level of Hopkins skill..Hopkins can make you miss and take a shot or a few shots in return for missing..

Mugabi and Duran are prime example of guys Hopkins would eat up..They may be extremely strong and be able to throw a lot of punches but Hopkins would like that in his hay day..You must be forgetting Hopkins head movement,counter punches,and his quick footwork..Hopkins in his prime and even now at 43 still gives guys major problems hitting him..Ya could compare the Tito/Hopkins fight to a Duran/Hopkins fight with giving even a greater height advantage to Hopkins if he fought Duran..

I think a Hagler/hopkins fight, prime for prime, would be pretty damn interesting. I think it would be one of those fights where Hopkins whined afterwards though.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Aug 27 2008, 12:51 AM) [snapback]402037[/snapback]
I think a Hagler/hopkins fight, prime for prime, would be pretty damn interesting. I think it would be one of those fights where Hopkins whined afterwards though.

Has he ever had a fight where he did not whine afterwards?
Sugar Q
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 26 2008, 04:54 PM) [snapback]402025[/snapback]

We've seen Hagler fight all comers, boxers, bangers, jabbers, etc. we haven't seen that from prime Hopkins. Hopkins liked to bully fighters. He would NEVER bully MMH. Hagler was an underrated boxer, great body puncher and a southpaw. Jermaine Taylor is like a poor mans Hagler without the power. Hopkins would be pushed from the first bell and would not get away with dirty tactics with Marv.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Aug 26 2008, 08:17 PM) [snapback]402040[/snapback]
We've seen Hagler fight all comers, boxers, bangers, jabbers, etc. we haven't seen that from prime Hopkins. Hopkins liked to bully fighters. He would NEVER bully MMH. Hagler was an underrated boxer, great body puncher and a southpaw. Jermaine Taylor is like a poor mans Hagler without the power. Hopkins would be pushed from the first bell and would not get away with dirty tactics with Marv.

Jermain Taylor fought Hopkins when he was over 40..So are we talking about Hopkins now vs. Hagler now??I put all my money on a 43 year old Hopkins over the 54 year old Hagler..You're confusing me with all this talk about the Taylor fight..Do you think Hopkins would of lost to Taylor had they fought when Hopkins was in his prime??
Sugar Q
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 26 2008, 10:56 PM) [snapback]402057[/snapback]
Jermain Taylor fought Hopkins when he was over 40..So are we talking about Hopkins now vs. Hagler now??I put all my money on a 43 year old Hopkins over the 54 year old Hagler..You're confusing me with all this talk about the Taylor fight..Do you think Hopkins would of lost to Taylor had they fought when Hopkins was in his prime??

Only reason I refered to Taylor was because outside of Roy Jones (who Hopkins loss to) there was know one on that level. No unbeaten strong John"The Beast"Mugabi, no tall unbeaten KO artist like Fully Obel, no big strong rugged Mustafa Hamsho, etc. So I am talking about a prime Hopkins but his best fights (outside of Roy and some of his later fights) were'nt on the level of those Hagler opponents.
clays777
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Aug 27 2008, 11:09 AM) [snapback]402130[/snapback]
Only reason I refered to Taylor was because outside of Roy Jones (who Hopkins loss to) there was know one on that level. No unbeaten strong John"The Beast"Mugabi, no tall unbeaten KO artist like Fully Obel, no big strong rugged Mustafa Hamsho, etc. So I am talking about a prime Hopkins but his best fights (outside of Roy and some of his later fights) were'nt on the level of those Hagler opponents.

Hagler had problems with the smaller men who moved up to fight him, Mugabi, Hearns, Duran, and even lost to one Leonard. Hopkins did what great middleweights do to smaller fighters he stopped them all. Brown, Trinidad, Daniels, DLH.
Sugar Q
QUOTE(clays777 @ Aug 27 2008, 06:50 PM) [snapback]402218[/snapback]
Hagler had problems with the smaller men who moved up to fight him, Mugabi, Hearns, Duran, and even lost to one Leonard. Hopkins did what great middleweights do to smaller fighters he stopped them all. Brown, Trinidad, Daniels, DLH.

But when you say Leonard, Hearns and Duran your talking about Hall of famers. SRL and Hearns won titles above 160 as well. Only DeLaHoya and Trinidad can be remotely compared but both of them loss their attempts at titles in the higher weight classes.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Aug 27 2008, 07:20 PM) [snapback]402237[/snapback]
But when you say Leonard, Hearns and Duran your talking about Hall of famers. SRL and Hearns won titles above 160 as well. Only DeLaHoya and Trinidad can be remotely compared but both of them loss their attempts at titles in the higher weight classes.

If they are remotely compared to those guys,which I agree,it says a lot about Hopkins..Hopkins destroyed both DLH and Tito with ease..B-Hop in his prime beat people with ease(even at 40 he was),Hagler would have tougher times..Of course,the people Hagler was fighting were better then most B-Hop's opponents but B-Hop's skill are superior to Haglers..Hagler hits harder than Hopkins,but wouldn't land any serious punches on B-Hop..Hagler didn't have as long of a career either because he got hit quite a bit and if ya look at him now,it's a good thing he stopped..He still remembers stuff but his speech isn't the same..Kinda like Riddick Bowe..
PR316
Gotta be Hearns. Probably via mid rounds stoppage. Mosley is a tough kid and he'll hang in there after probably tasting an early right from Hearns that sends him to the canvas. He'll have moments where he gets to Tommy with some hard shots but Hearns will sooner than later overpower him in a big way.

Hearns KO 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.