Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxing Beat Magazine?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
iron_mike
So this guy knocks on the door at my office 30 minutes ago, elderly guy. 'Excuse me, I am selling subscriptions to many magazines at a nice discount, would you be interested?' Apparently it's a company that gives disabled or war veterans jobs. So I look it over, only thing that interested me was Boxing Beat, 3 yrs for 46 bucks, 12 issues a year. I never seen this at any newsstand? Is it decent? I just hope its not a 20 page pamphlet/magazine. Fair price?
thehype
Does it look like this:

http://www.theboxingbeat.com/

?????
iron_mike
QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 25 2008, 02:43 PM) [snapback]401861[/snapback]
Does it look like this:

http://www.theboxingbeat.com/

?????

Yeah, thats it. Even if it's crap, at least I get reading material during a borring slow day at work, and I helped out a war veteran/disabled person.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Aug 25 2008, 02:07 PM) [snapback]401864[/snapback]
Yeah, thats it. Even if it's crap, at least I get reading material during a borring slow day at work, and I helped out a war veteran/disabled person.

If the website is telling the truth, and all those things are included in each issue then I think it was definitely worth it. Especially with the fact that you were helping out a war veteran/disabled person. I wouldn't be too worried about it being crap.
iron_mike
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Aug 25 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]401887[/snapback]
If the website is telling the truth, and all those things are included in each issue then I think it was definitely worth it. Especially with the fact that you were helping out a war veteran/disabled person. I wouldn't be too worried about it being crap.

Agreed, but it looks like it might be one of those real skimpy 2 or 3 article-I can't even say magazine- newsletters?! Oh well I felt bad, the guy was out of it, he asked if he could sit 10 seconds after walking in..
King Eugene
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Aug 25 2008, 08:06 PM) [snapback]401903[/snapback]
Agreed, but it looks like it might be one of those real skimpy 2 or 3 article-I can't even say magazine- newsletters?! Oh well I felt bad, the guy was out of it, he asked if he could sit 10 seconds after walking in..

Well you done your good deed for the day
iron_mike
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 25 2008, 10:42 PM) [snapback]401926[/snapback]
Well you done your good deed for the day

victory.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.