Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some days I just hate more than others.....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
So I woke up and found out that Chris Byrd is apparantly gonna fight again. As people on here know I'm a big supporter of Byrd, and I've enjoyed his years fighting, but he really needs to step back. He said he prayed and that he feels he needs to go on fighting.

Now I have a couple things to say to this. One, as a Christian, I believe in prayer, although I do kinda roll my eyes whenever a famous person says that they talked to God or they prayed for guidance and God told them to do something. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but that's just my own cynical sarcastic bullshit getting in the way.

Secondly I thought at the time of his fight with Shaun George that it could have been a situation where he just lost too much, too soon and didn't have a chance to adjust. And that MAYBE if he gave himself more time to adjust, that he would be able to do something. Kinda like how RJJ was after dropping all that weight from heavyweight.

That being said, I don't want him coming back. I'd love to see him go out on a win, but he seems to have the Evander Holyfield mentality where he wants to become champ again (at light heavyweight).

Then just a few minutes ago I was looking around at various boxing sites and for whatever reason, unknown to me, I went to doghouse boxing and once again I was confronted with the very reason I think that website is the absolute WORST on the net (yes, even worse than BT).

And this is a prime example of why.

First the headline: Mike Tyson making a return to Boxing?! Tyson Speaks (exclamation mark added was in the headline).

So you're like "okay, so I guess Tyson is talking about taking a charity fight or something, right? Or even coming back to fight someone of half-note?

And then you click on it and read what it says:

Rumors are always swirling in the world of boxing. A recent big one was in regards to a possible return to fighting from Mike Tyson. Rumors have been persistent for months that Tyson may indeed return to boxing or even try his hand in mixed martial arts.

Recently popular MMA website Sherdog.com caught up with Tyson. Tyson was at the Las Vegas Hilton attending a Kevin Kelley card when a representative from Sherdog caught up with him.

Sherdog went right for the jugular and asked the important question. Is Mike Tyson preparing for a comeback?

Tyson's response was quick and straight to the point. Tyson isn't making a comeback, not in Boxing and not in MMA. Responding rapidly to the question, Tyson tells Sherdog: No, Im finished with fighting. Im done.

So there you have it Folks. No return for Tyson.
No Boxing matches in the near future and certainly no Tyson vs Kimbo Slice.

What the fuck is that? That's what drove me insane when I found their site for the first time before. They have this bullshit thing where they post up misleading headlines, and then you click on the link and A. the "article" is only about a paragraph or two, B. it's almost ALWAYS simply a synopsis of what another article/webstie/newspaper said and C. It's RARELY what the headline says it is.

Do they get paid per clicked headline???

I don't know this Johnny Benz guy and how far up the food chain he goes in Boxing writing, but these motherfuckers need to be shut down. I was stupid and wanted to read some boxing articles, and thought I'd give it another try, but dammit!

This has been a weird day for me anyway. lol
Method
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Aug 25 2008, 04:06 PM) [snapback]401873[/snapback]
They have this bullshit thing where they post up misleading headlines, and then you click on the link and A. the "article" is only about a paragraph or two, B. it's almost ALWAYS simply a synopsis of what another article/webstie/newspaper said and C. It's RARELY what the headline says it is.

Do they get paid per clicked headline???

I don't know this Johnny Benz guy and how far up the food chain he goes in Boxing writing, but these motherfuckers need to be shut down.

Dogshitboxing.com, anyone? You just described it to a tee (sans the clicks, of course).
King Eugene
I've experieneced the bullshit myself!
woooooo
QUOTE(Method @ Aug 25 2008, 08:31 PM) [snapback]401913[/snapback]
Dogshitboxing.com, anyone? You just described it to a tee (sans the clicks, of course).

Yea the skip ad every single fucking page can get aggravating, as can the popups even with popup blocker.
rusty_trombone
I just remembered all the shit we gave you(Byrd Man) in chat after Byrd looked like asshole in his last fight. You took it pretty well, especially all the jokes about his wife pounding him in his man-vag. Akay was off the hook that night. In retrospect, that shit was hilarious, and I definitely need to make more jokes about Chris Byrd's husband.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Aug 27 2008, 07:12 PM) [snapback]402225[/snapback]
I just remembered all the shit we gave you(Byrd Man) in chat after Byrd looked like asshole in his last fight. You took it pretty well, especially all the jokes about his wife pounding him in his man-vag. Akay was off the hook that night. In retrospect, that shit was hilarious, and I definitely need to make more jokes about Chris Byrd's husband.

ahhh, THAT's why I fucking hate you. Man, I can't believe I forgot. Thanks.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Aug 27 2008, 07:15 PM) [snapback]402228[/snapback]
ahhh, THAT's why I fucking hate you. Man, I can't believe I forgot. Thanks.

Look at the fear in Chris Byrd's eyes. He just finished a pro boxing match, and he's more afraid to be standing next to his husband and her midget friend.

Coyote Duran
Man, I'd better get outta this thread before I get the shit kicked outta me! black eye.gif dntknw.gif
JonnyBlaze
I too am a big Chris Byrd fan but he is done..He was not a natural heavyweight and even though he didn't get hit as often as all the other heavyweights,the punches had to have gotten to him..He has been fighting that kinda fight since he was real young and I know for a fact he got blasted probably thousands of times to master his style..He would fight in small areas against big guys which is how he learned his style(I don't remember the dimensions of the area at his house,but small)..

I was hoping he'd win the George fight but I think it was a combo of getting older and losing all his reflexes and the weight loss even though he said the loss was easy..Seeing him go down against George said it all..Very few people have knocked him down,so everytime he does go down it's a big deal..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.