Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prime Salvador Sanchez vs Prime Julio Cesar Chavez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
Landiz_Tha Don
Wad up Hype, its me again thumbsup_anim.gif

Damn imagine if Salvador Sanchez never died and fought Julio Cesar Chavez.

Salvador Sanchez beat hard-punching puerto rican Wilfredo Gomez.
Julio Cesar Chavez beat hard-punching puerto rican Rosario.

Salvador Sanches beat fast-handed Azumah Nelson.
Julio Cesar Chavez beat fast-handed Meldrick Taylor.

My dad and my uncles are big boxing fans of Julio Cesar Chavez and all other mexican champions but they told me that Sal Sanchez might of been better than JCC. Sal Sanchez died at the age of 22.

Two of the best champions to come out of Mexico!!!

Who do you guys think would of won???

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!

kidbazooka1
Two of my all time favorite fighters.

Some have said that if Sanchez would have never died he may have gone on to not only become the greatest mexican fighter of all time but maybe even a top 10 all timer but we could have also said the same thing about Tyson had he died after destroying Spinks but look how he turned out. Sanchez had it all though power, chin, speed, and a stone cold poker face one of the best counter punchers of all time he would have made Juan Manuel Marquez look amatuerish.

We all know what Julio bought to the table at 135lb he was arguably unbeatable.

Being that they both posessed iron chins I don't see a KO here but Chavez was the naturaly bigger guy. I see Chavez agression, bodywork and strengh taking him to a close but well deserved UD.
BoxingStill#1
I see Salvador weathering the onslought,.......Countering and pulling a TKO victory,....very much like a DLH's fight with him
GMAN73
Tough fight. I am going to sleep on it and decide if they should fight at 130 or 135.
BigG
At their bests I might favor Chavez by SD but could easily see it going Sanchez way. Chavez was bigger though and I could see him making things really rough for Sanchez late in the fight. Would have been a great fight between two ATGs.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 25 2008, 10:37 PM) [snapback]401920[/snapback]
I see Salvador weathering the onslought,.......Countering and pulling a TKO victory,....very much like a DLH's fight with him

Are you seriouse dude?

I don't know if you ever seen Chavez in his prime but in his fights with DLH he was way past his best and even at that DLH still couldn't put him down. And if you think Chavez would cut think again Julio had very thick skin in is hey day the only mark he usually had on his face after a fight was a small nick in the bridge of his nose.

No one and I mean NO ONE stops a prime Chavez.
JonnyBlaze
How did you move this topic to classic boxing??I have a topic I want to move to a different forum..
RayFanofRealBoxers
I agree with you KidBazooka. Chavez was the bigger guy, and Sanchez had the longer arms. It's a pick em' fight.
I loved Chavez, my older brother loved Sanchez.

Those fights were the best time sof my life, my father owned a Cantina and had his own Mariachi who would play all night at the bar on those nights the fights were on. I remember he had a cable scrambler and we would watch the best fights on it: Chiquita Gonzalez, Maromero Paez, Tapia, El Finito Lopez, Michael Carbajal, Roberto Duran, and of course Chavez.

I'll never forget the night Chavez fought Taylor it was free drinks on the house and next day I paid for it because I had to clean up the mess. But it was totally worth it. I never seen so many Corona bottles, Tecate and Modelos in one place before!!!!!!

That was boxing for ya!!!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(RayFanofRealBoxers @ Aug 26 2008, 05:33 PM) [snapback]402031[/snapback]
I'll never forget the night Chavez fought Taylor it was free drinks on the house and next day I paid for it because I had to clean up the mess. But it was totally worth it. I never seen so many Corona bottles, Tecate and Modelos in one place before!!!!!!

That was boxing for ya!!!!

Gotta love those days!!!hahaha..I wish boxing made as much noise as it did back then..Hopefully it'll make a come back and show the MMA fans where the real shit is!!
RayFanofRealBoxers
Def. JonnyBlaze I really do miss those days. That MMA stuff is just a little quick ending for me. Not that it's bad just not for me.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(RayFanofRealBoxers @ Aug 26 2008, 10:03 PM) [snapback]402059[/snapback]
Def. JonnyBlaze I really do miss those days. That MMA stuff is just a little quick ending for me. Not that it's bad just not for me.

I wish boxing was like how it was during the Ali era and the Chavez era and the Ray Robinson Era..Everyone was watching boxing whether they truely liked it or not..Boxing was like going to church,you had to..You were a loser if you didn't see Ali/Frazier on TV when it happened..haha..I may not of been alive for it,but I can only imagine what it was really like for people in those days..
MMA is not a thing to go to PPV..It's like ordering a prime Tyson fight and get 30 seconds of a fight that you were dying to see..I don't know how much the PPV's are,but one thing I can't take against MMA is the fights on PPV are fights that are of the top caliber in the sport and not just a name(like Mayweather or De La Hoya fighting a way lesser opp.)..I don't like watching guys rolling around in spandex though,it's gross(even though they are trying to whoop each other)..
BigG
Same here....I like MMA..but not feeling the whole grappling thing with one guy laying on the other..I respect them a WHOLE lot...but boxing is my love.

Nothing can excite me like a big fight. Cotto-Margarito, Mayweather-Hatton, Vazquez-Marquez, Cotto-Judah...these were events.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 26 2008, 11:31 PM) [snapback]402082[/snapback]
Same here....I like MMA..but not feeling the whole grappling thing with one guy laying on the other..I respect them a WHOLE lot...but boxing is my love.

Nothing can excite me like a big fight. Cotto-Margarito, Mayweather-Hatton, Vazquez-Marquez, Cotto-Judah...these were events.

This is good to hear Biggeorge..haha..I respect MMA fighters since I respect all fighters even more now that I box too..It takes a lot to be any kind of fighter..Some more than others though..
kidbazooka1
Damn I finaly agree with you guys on something. LOL

Im an MMA fan but nothing compares to boxing.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Aug 27 2008, 12:29 AM) [snapback]402088[/snapback]
Damn I finaly agree with you guys on something. LOL

Im an MMA fan but nothing compares to boxing.

I respect MMA fighters but don't watch it..I've seen enough of it to decide I'm not really a fan..I mean,sometimes I'll watch it only if nothing else is on or I'll throw in a old boxing tape or dvd(I prefer over watchin MMA)..I think there is way more skill involved in boxing..I've even had MMA guys admit that to me too..
RayFanofRealBoxers
Me too, I prefer throwing in an old boxing tape or DVD.

Keeps me entertained than watching a couple of minutes of an MMA fight.

Getting late talk to guys tomorrow.
WolfishPromistah
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 27 2008, 02:52 AM) [snapback]402094[/snapback]
I respect MMA fighters but don't watch it..I've seen enough of it to decide I'm not really a fan..I mean,sometimes I'll watch it only if nothing else is on or I'll throw in a old boxing tape or dvd(I prefer over watchin MMA)..I think there is way more skill involved in boxing..I've even had MMA guys admit that to me too..

Yeah, I kinda think my thoughts and ways about it all are somewhat similar to yours, JonnyBlaze. Sure, I can look at the stuff if nothing else is on, sometimes, but it's not really something I can tune into regularly because of my dedication to the art of pure boxing. I've been taking time to really think on this issue more and more, considering the ability that goes into rythmically moving one's body while ONLY using the hands as the major weapons, with the addition of gloves that do not allow as much full impact; still, it is not impossible to totally outclass, or even stop another.

In boxing, there is so much a beautiful syncronization of sorts that is present, for the best in a fight is usually the one in "better position." Of course, to be able to put the self into best position requires a skill -- sometimes accomplished more gracefully than other instances -- not just all out banging each other with hands and feet. In other words, the fact that boxers are somewhat limited helps to laudably emphasize the skill level they are on, to completely be able to take advantage, turning offense from defense due to knowlege of how to work within the limitations that are not there with MMA.

Pretty much, I think of MMA as comparable to much in a street fight, which is not so crazily "exciting" to me because...it's just that -- like just a flat out rumble. In that, I mean it's closer to being the thing that a bunch of tough guys do to prove their "tough-mandomness (but we already saw Fight Club -- shrugs)."

Granted, everyone wouldn't be a successful MMA combatant, but everybody's not a good fighter in the street anyway. On the other hand, to effectively work with limitations to make another skillful opponent either submit or get simply knocked the f_ out, though, now that's a challenge; otherwise, I tend to try and forget it...'cause dudes carryin' guns (smile).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.