Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Klitchko/Haye meet up
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze

Found this on Youtube for ya guys..I got my money on Klitchko in that fight..Haye is lookin like a bum next to Klitchko..Klitchko is in a suit and clean shaven and Haye is in a hoodie under a jacket with a grizzly goatee..I really want to see this fight..Klitchko----"Behave yourself"...hahaha...Klitchko might have to "teach him his behavior"..hahahah...This is gangsta Wlad!!!Both the Klitchkos crack me up in their interviews,especially Vitali..
BigG
Don't like ether of them...
JonnyBlaze
Another part of that video

Haye would get smashed by Holyfield,he doesn't know what he is talkin about..Holyfield would KO Haye at cruiserweight if they fought in both their primes easy..I can't believe Haye would even say he is better than Holyfield..Also,that's bogus Haye did that to Klitchko at a charity press conference..He should of at least waited for the press conference to end then jump on him like that..hahahaha..Haye is a mad man..hahaha..They gotta fight!!
That was some good shit..Tooo funny..
BigG
I think he said he was BIGGER than Holyfield..not better...I dont think Haye would dare say he was BETTER.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 26 2008, 04:23 AM) [snapback]401971[/snapback]
I think he said he was BIGGER than Holyfield..not better...I dont Haye wouldnt dare say he was BETTER.

That's what I first thought myself but the way Klitchko reacts when he says that makes me think that he says he's better..It sounds like he said "bigga" but with his accent and how fast he was spittin out his words it's hard to tell..Klitchko's reaction though makes me wonder about that ONE word..
WindyCityP
Hayemaker KO1
The CEO
I've seen this......this Haye character doesn't have the credentials to get in the champ's face and demand a title shot in that manner...I saw all the traits a young punk exhibits in his behavior in that video....and what he's doing is basically begging for an ass kicking....which, ironically, is exactly what he needs to help him grow up and become a better person....

calling himself "The Main Man"...lol...that's ridiculous...if he's not even an established Heavyweight contender...how can he claim to be some kind of Clubber Langesque beast that everyone's ducking?

Spyder
Whether he was asking for an ass kicking or not...you gotta respect his ambition.

Hopefully he can make some waves in the division and liven it up a bit.
ROLL DEEP
I like Haye.

He's charasmatic, not scared to fight the best, fun to watch and punches HARD....plus he's English.

I think he'll breathe some life into the heavyweight divison.

I've had enough of the Rahmans, Toneys and other time wasters.
BigG
I think Klitschko KO's Haye but Klitschko is SO glasschinned that Haye could probably finish him with a single right hand....
salvador
I like Haye, but every inch of logic on this tells me that Klit would destroy him. That said, I find it interesting that in April of 2007 Haye actually fought at HW and weighed 217. I imagine his walking around weight is somewhere around there - possibly even higher. He is 6'3".

I'd like to see Haye fight Toney and Rahman before getting in with Klit.
blackbelt2003
Haye has the speed, the power, the confidence...everything essential to spring the upset.

But there's one problem...we just don't know if Haye can walk Klit down and get past the jab. No-one knows that until they get in there with Klit. If Haye is quick enough to slip inside and throw bombs, he'll do it...but that's a big if.

Anyone who wants to beat Klit HAS to be able to close the gap, and we can speculate all we like but we won't know until at about 0.30 of the first round.

Black
salvador
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Aug 26 2008, 10:45 AM) [snapback]401985[/snapback]
But there's one problem...we just don't know if Haye can walk Klit down and get past the jab.

That's why I'd like to see him fight Rahman first. Rahman's obviously not in Klit's league, but he does have a long hard jab and it would be interesting to see how Haye would deal with it.
BGv2.0
WHAT a F'N BUM LOSER!

I'm tired of this guy going around spewing off about how he needs a shot at the HW crown and all this other BS when he has yet to even gain 1 single decent victory at HW!

AND this incident was the lowest of the low.....and I hope when or IF they do ever meet in the ring Wlad beats the shit out of him for this nonsense!

You don't innterupt a CHARITY EVENT for nonsense like this. Press conferences for other fights...yes. Fan meeting with autograph signings....yes. Charity events.....hell no!

What an asshole.....I hope Wlad beats him within an inch of his life for that! threaten.gif
JD
Wlad will KO Haye.
The CEO
...with a lead left hook thrown at 50%.
BigG
BG you have a point but the truth is, Klitshcko-Haye is more interesting than any other garbage fight at Heavyweight..I mean, who else is there? Sam Peter, Valuev? Haye-Klitshcko is the only fight worth watching...And I would pick Wlad to KO him in 4.
JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Aug 26 2008, 12:35 PM) [snapback]402000[/snapback]
...with a lead left hook thrown at 50%.

It would not shock me.

Haye will come out guns blazing...get held...leaned on, and begin to realize he isn't fighting a cruiser. Jab will start finding a home...and Wlad will land that lead lefthook off the jab when Haye is expecting a straight right behind the jab...
Mean Mister Mustard
Haye would have an andvantage over other heavies, provided he doesn't bulk up too much, in the speed department. Quickness can get you a good long way in the heavyweight ranks. But like we have all said before, we want to see Haye fight a good heavyweight before taking on Klitshcko. Fight someone like Ray Austin or Ibragimov's brother or cousin.
Maxy
I like Haye, he's put his name out there but as everyone has already said, he needs to beat at least one good heavyweight to be worthy of a shot. I'd rather see him fight Wlad as opposed to Wlad fighting majority of the other heavyweights, because at least he has a bit of charisma and is guaranteed to come in in shape. I don't know how the extra weight will affect his speed though and there are definite question marks over his chin.
JonnyBlaze
Haye has a good right hand,but Haye can not punch as hard as Corrie Sander,Lamon Brewster,or Sam Peter..Those 3 names could KO almost anyone at heavyweight..Wlad. does not have a weak chin,he has a decent chin for a heavyweight..Remember---one shot can change everything..Wlad. was too aggressive and threw too many punches back when he lost to Brewster and Sanders too..A jabbing Klitchko of new has shown that a guy like Brewster can't hang with him anymore and probably will do the same to Peter too..Wlad. fought a good fight against Peter the first time,but next time I expect a KO..

It also was very disrespectful to interrupt Klitchko'd charity event..Klitchko outside the ring is one of the best guys to ever step in the ring..He loves charity events and loves to help out people in need..I also gotta say,I am a really big fan of him inside the ring too..Klitchko's jab is amazing..Klitchko now Vs. Lennox Lewis years ago would of been a good,fun fight to watch..They'd have to clone Emanuel to make it a even better fight..haha..
Thegreatequalizer
this david haye guy is a joke. he'll get beaten or embarrassed if he fights anyone of merit in the heavyweight division. and he deserves a shot at wlad about as much as vitali deserves to be a beltholder.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I don't think what Haye did was so disrespectful.

As I saw it Vlad was on his way to the charity event, Haye took his opportunity to say his 2 cents worth, it all seemed relatively civil compared to what I've seen from other fighters in the past and then he left Vlad on his way and that was that.

Great exposure as there were tons pf press around and the 2 Youtube clips I've viewed have something like combined 100,000 hits which means there is a relative amount of interest in it.

As I heard, Haye said he will fight a couple of guys while Vlad fights his mandatories and all he wants is a commitment form Vlad that when he gets his 'free' defense that Haye is the guy he fights.

Of course all this will be a moot point if Haye loses to one of his 'warm-ups' but all I saw him doing was starting to hype up a possible fight for the future.

I can never understand why so many people on this forum get so 'insulted' when a fighter pulls a stunt like this. Whether we like it or not boxing is competing for the entertainment dollar just like every other sport and the big events need all the marketing and hype they can get, and to me that's all that Haye is doing is hyping up a potential big fight.

In fact it was all pretty much from the standard playbook of how to land a big fight.

1) Ambush said champ at a press conference etc (somewhere where there are plenty of press around) and call the champ out

2) Tell him to stop fighting bums and face a real fighter

3) Tell him to stop hiding behind his mandatories

4) Tell the champ that he's never been in the ring with a fighter who can bring what he brings to fight

5) Promise said champ that when they fight it's gonna end in a brutal fashion

Feel free to add any other tried and true tactics to this list.

We can trace this kind of stuff all the way back to Ali and yes Ali was greatness so he gets a pass but that's with the benefit oif hindsight, at the time nobody really knew just how good Ali was going to be which is kinda why he hyped himself into a title shot.

Now I'm not saying Haye will hit those lofty heights and he may well even lose in one of his warm-up fights but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he posts a couple of wins and gets to fight Vlad, because I do agree with him on one point I really am sick of Vlad defending against the Tony Thompson's of the world.

A Haye fight will be exciting, you'll get half the fans wanting Haye to get startched and the other half wanting him to pull the upset and you know the promotion and press conferences will be fun.

In short it might actually make the casual fan sit up and take notice of a heavyweight fight for a change which can't be a bad thing, plus you know it's gonna end in a knockout.
Thegreatequalizer
until he proves otherwise, haye is a tony thompson.
WindyCityP
Hayemaker is exactly what the Heavy Div needs. I'll be rooting for this prick all the way. He can make some real noise and I bet he doesn't even slap down on Barneys T Rex reach all night.
The CEO
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Aug 26 2008, 05:58 PM) [snapback]402028[/snapback]
I don't think what Haye did was so disrespectful.

As I saw it Vlad was on his way to the charity event, Haye took his opportunity to say his 2 cents worth, it all seemed relatively civil compared to what I've seen from other fighters in the past and then he left Vlad on his way and that was that.

Great exposure as there were tons pf press around and the 2 Youtube clips I've viewed have something like combined 100,000 hits which means there is a relative amount of interest in it.

As I heard, Haye said he will fight a couple of guys while Vlad fights his mandatories and all he wants is a commitment form Vlad that when he gets his 'free' defense that Haye is the guy he fights.

Of course all this will be a moot point if Haye loses to one of his 'warm-ups' but all I saw him doing was starting to hype up a possible fight for the future.

I can never understand why so many people on this forum get so 'insulted' when a fighter pulls a stunt like this. Whether we like it or not boxing is competing for the entertainment dollar just like every other sport and the big events need all the marketing and hype they can get, and to me that's all that Haye is doing is hyping up a potential big fight.

In fact it was all pretty much from the standard playbook of how to land a big fight.

1) Ambush said champ at a press conference etc (somewhere where there are plenty of press around) and call the champ out

2) Tell him to stop fighting bums and face a real fighter

3) Tell him to stop hiding behind his mandatories

4) Tell the champ that he's never been in the ring with a fighter who can bring what he brings to fight

5) Promise said champ that when they fight it's gonna end in a brutal fashion

Feel free to add any other tried and true tactics to this list.

We can trace this kind of stuff all the way back to Ali and yes Ali was greatness so he gets a pass but that's with the benefit oif hindsight, at the time nobody really knew just how good Ali was going to be which is kinda why he hyped himself into a title shot.

Now I'm not saying Haye will hit those lofty heights and he may well even lose in one of his warm-up fights but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he posts a couple of wins and gets to fight Vlad, because I do agree with him on one point I really am sick of Vlad defending against the Tony Thompson's of the world.

A Haye fight will be exciting, you'll get half the fans wanting Haye to get startched and the other half wanting him to pull the upset and you know the promotion and press conferences will be fun.

In short it might actually make the casual fan sit up and take notice of a heavyweight fight for a change which can't be a bad thing, plus you know it's gonna end in a knockout.

Haye's a nobody. That's why people are insulted....regardless of it being textbook goading or not....

He's in no position to dog the recognized #1 Heavy in the world.....the Cassius Clay reference is really stretching it....as it was plain to see that Clay was special even before he was in the spotlight.....the way he moved, the way he threw his punches, his extraordinary speed for his size, et al.....

It seems to me this young Haye has delusions of grandeur.....that he's been spending too much time looking in the mirror and watching Rocky movies....

but this is real life, and Wlad would dominate him.....the way Haye depends on his big right hand will be his downfall...as it makes his face a perfect fit for Wlad's accurate and powerful lefts....he would have a Puncher's Chance, and that's about it......that being said....I'm all for this fight....it'll be fun to watch.....make it for late next year.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Aug 26 2008, 06:23 PM) [snapback]402035[/snapback]
Haye's a nobody. That's why people are insulted....regardless of it being textbook goading or not....

He's in no position to dog the recognized #1 Heavy in the world.....the Cassius Clay reference is really stretching it....as it was plain to see that Clay was special even before he was in the spotlight.....the way he moved, the way he threw his punches, his extraordinary speed for his size, et al.....

It seems to me this young Haye has delusions of grandeur.....that he's been spending too much time looking in the mirror and watching Rocky movies....

but this is real life, and Wlad would dominate him.....the way Haye depends on his big right hand will be his downfall...as it makes his face a perfect fit for Wlad's accurate and powerful lefts....he would have a Puncher's Chance, and that's about it......that being said....I'm all for this fight....it'll be fun to watch.....make it for late next year.

Please read the post more carefully, I'm not comparing Haye to Clay (I'm not that insane) I'm just saying that this kind of goading/ambush tactics have been going on since Clay's time and Haye's effort was relatively tame in comparison.

BTW as I understand it Clay was a big underdog going into the first Liston fight (was he even the favourite for the rematch?) but that is another thread.

You said it yourself you're looking forward to the fight, I bet you can't say that about too many heavyweight fights in recent memory.

Yeah sure Haye is unproven at HW so what?

So was James Toney but that's whats made JT's campaign at HW so interesting.

Again I'm not comparing Haye to Toney, he's young, brash, unproven and people either like him or loathe him. For me right now with the current state of the divsion that's enough.

I just want to see a fight that can make some noise outside of what us the hardcore fans know about.

I think if Haye can even get through ONE top ten fighter in impressive fashion that should be enough to generate some buzz. Remember he's got Golden Boy behind him and if anyone can generate some heat off nothing then they can.

Like you though I think he will find the in-ring Wlad a totally different prospect to the guy he dogs in public.
JonnyBlaze
Haye is going to get a big surprise if he gets in the ring with Klitchko..I see where you guys are comin from about the way he is trying to promote himself..A charity press conference is different from a regular one..A charity event PERIOD is no place for something like that..If he would have gotten Klitchko on the way out,that'd be cool though..

James Toney did do a good job making noise in the division with his mouth but I wasn't too impressed with him in the division..If only he would of went up to heavyweight earlier..The Holyfield fight was his best fight at heavy but Holyfield was injuried(much like all the loses he had before he had the 2 year layoff before he came back in the Bates fight).
JD
Haye hasn't done shit at Heavy...he doesn't even have a great resume at Cruiser.

His demands of Wlad are laughable at best...go beat a handful of contenders, make yourself a number 1 contender...than talk. Otherwise wait in line, and beat some contenders while you are waiting.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JD @ Aug 26 2008, 10:54 PM) [snapback]402056[/snapback]
Haye hasn't done shit at Heavy...he doesn't even have a great resume at Cruiser.

His demands of Wlad are laughable at best...go beat a handful of contenders, make yourself a number 1 contender...than talk. Otherwise wait in line, and beat some contenders while you are waiting.

Good point. People are hyped up because they remember Haye knocking out Mormeck and Macarenlli ( so I spelled it wrong who cares). But the fact is we haven't seen him perform against a decent heavyweight yet. For all we know he could pull a Hatton and be completely out of his element in this weight class. I don't think so but then again he hasn't faced anyone to prove me right or wrong.

I think it's good he's flapping his gums so much IF he turns out to be the real deal in this division. Creates some backstory.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Frankly the list of 'contenders' at HW is so shit I wouldn't mind seeing the Ring magazine cruiserweight champion jump right in and have a shot.

But if you listen to what Haye said when calling out Wlad was that he would fight a couple of guys while Wlad fights his mandatories. All he asked was that once Wlad gets through his mandatories that they get it on.

I agree with MMM IF he can notch a couple of impressive wins stunts like this create a little bit of backstory and make the fight bigger.

Who would you prefer to see Wlad fight seriously? Jawny Ruiz? Valuev? Rahman? Toney? (I love James Toney BTW but I think he's probably past it.)

Maybe Peter (I'm less impressed with Peter than Haye) or maybe Arreola, but if you can come up with anymore exciting names then feel free.

BigG
I agree that Hayes resume isnt great..but knocking out Mormeck is a pretty big deal (IMO). And people were actually picking Maccarelli to beat him...who's there at HW that can give Wlad an interesting fight? Peter? Already seen it. Toney? I LOVE watching Toney go to work..he is STLL the best Heavyweight to watch but he is too old and small, unfortunately. White Tyson? Would be a repeat of the Ibrimigov fight. Arealoa? Not yet and I don't really get the hype with his guy...Valuev? Ugh...

I saw Haye's 1 fight at HW and he brought up his speed/power at least. Now Haye CANT outbox Wlad and he has a suspect chin himself but if he blew out Klitschko it absolutely would not surprise me. Klitschko's chin is made of glass and the guy just doesn't seem hard/tough at all. The only outcome that would surprise me is Haye outboxing Klitschko but if Haye gets in a straight right, we might see Wlad flopping around the ring again.

And same thing if Wlad lands a right bomb. I'd love to see this fight. Haye is young, fast, and hits hard...he is in his prime right now.

Did you see Wlads last opponent Tony Thompson? I mean the guy had some skill..but come on the guy had no pop at all and little speed too. I'd much rather see Haye fight Klitschko than those mandatories.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Aug 26 2008, 10:16 PM) [snapback]402061[/snapback]
Frankly the list of 'contenders' at HW is so shit I wouldn't mind seeing the Ring magazine cruiserweight champion jump right in and have a shot.

But if you listen to what Haye said when calling out Wlad was that he would fight a couple of guys while Wlad fights his mandatories. All he asked was that once Wlad gets through his mandatories that they get it on.

I agree with MMM IF he can notch a couple of impressive wins stunts like this create a little bit of backstory and make the fight bigger.

Who would you prefer to see Wlad fight seriously? Jawny Ruiz? Valuev? Rahman? Toney? (I love James Toney BTW but I think he's probably past it.)

Maybe Peter (I'm less impressed with Peter than Haye) or maybe Arreola, but if you can come up with anymore exciting names then feel free.

I really wanna see Klitchko fight Valuev only because I'd wanna see how the fight would play out..Itd be crazy to see Klitchko to be soo outsized by Valuev..It wouldn't be the best fight in the ring but it'd be a crazy sight to see..haha..Klitchko/Peter is what I want to have happen most to keep unifying the titles..Povetkin and Klitchko would be a fight I'd wanna see too..I don't know why Arreola is top 10 in the ring mag. but Povetkin and him should fight to show everyone if Arreola is top 10..Haye/Klitchko would probably be the most exciting fight though..Klitchko/Peter 2 could be as exciting or more though since they know each other more..
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 26 2008, 11:21 PM) [snapback]402062[/snapback]
I agree that Hayes resume isnt great..but knocking out Mormeck is a pretty big deal (IMO). And people were actually picking Maccarelli to beat him...who's there at HW that can give Wlad an interesting fight? Peter? Already seen it. Toney? I LOVE watching Toney go to work..he is STLL the best Heavyweight to watch but he is too old and small, unfortunately. White Tyson? Would be a repeat of the Ibrimigov fight. Arealoa? Not yet and I don't really get the hype with his guy...Valuev? Ugh...

I saw Haye's 1 fight at HW and he brought up his speed/power at least. Now Haye CANT outbox Wlad and he has a suspect chin himself but if he blew out Klitschko it absolutely would not surprise me. Klitschko's chin is made of glass and the guy just doesn't seem hard/tough at all. The only outcome that would surprise me is Haye outboxing Klitschko but if Haye gets in a straight right, we might see Wlad flopping around the ring again.

And same thing if Wlad lands a right bomb. I'd love to see this fight. Haye is young, fast, and hits hard...he is in his prime right now.

Did you see Wlads last opponent Tony Thompson? I mean the guy had some skill..but come on the guy had no pop at all and little speed too. I'd much rather see Haye fight Klitschko than those mandatories.

That's true. But if Klit can impressively KO his mandatories and make himself look like Ivan Drago and Haye knocks out some good contenders the Boxing Vagina would be wet for this fight. This one should be kept off for a t least 2 fights to see if Haye can cut it in the division and to hype it up.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 26 2008, 10:21 PM) [snapback]402062[/snapback]

Valuev is just size,nothing more YET..He has improved but still doesn't impress me..I don't get the hype with Arreola myself..

Also,I completely disagree with you about Klitchko having a glass chin..I don't wanna explain it anymore since I have plenty of time already but he can take a good punch but not a massive punch..It would surprise me a lot if Haye was able to KO Klitchko..Klitchko was never KO'ed since Steward got to him..He only got KO'ed before because he wasn't very cautious and he was fighting guys who could KO just about anyone..At heavyweight,anyone can get KO'ed..
BigG
Klitschko has sort of become a holder since Streward got to him. But I'm just convinced that Klitschko isn't tough. I mean, the guy can obviously beat people up with his jab and right hand but he's the type of guy that would fold if someones taking it to him real tough. He's sort of like Cintron IMO. I mean, I was so shocked at how Wlad crumbled everytime Cory Sanders hit him with a straight left. Larry Holmes was a dominant HW champ with a great jab and right hand, but Holmes had heart and TOUGHNESS and Wlad just doesn't strike me as someone with those qualities. Maybe heart but definitely not toughness.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 26 2008, 11:47 PM) [snapback]402068[/snapback]
Klitschko has sort of become a holder since Streward got to him. But I'm just convinced that Klitschko isn't tough. I mean, the guy can obviously beat people up with his jab and right hand but he's the type of guy that would fold if someones taking it to him real tough. He's sort of like Cintron IMO. I mean, I was so shocked at how Wlad crumbled everytime Cory Sanders hit him with a straight left. Larry Holmes was a dominant HW champ with a great jab and right hand, but Holmes had heart and TOUGHNESS and Wlad just doesn't strike me as someone with those qualities. Maybe heart but definitely not toughness.

Good comparison. I think he has a good chin but the man does not react well to getting hit. Boxers are supposed to get used to punishment, maybe even like it. You can tell Wlad doesn't.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 26 2008, 10:47 PM) [snapback]402068[/snapback]

Holding is a very important thing for fighters that tall..Klitchko has a really good left hook too..

I wasn't too shocked at the KO from Sanders..Sanders was a southpaw which is rare at heavyweight and had a lot of power(even rarer for a southpaw heavy)..Also,Klitchko was a aggressive fighter back then and didn't care too much about defense..He has become a more complete fighter now..Klitchko showed he was tough in the Peter fight..He got blasted by the biggest hitter in the division right now a few times and kept going..He did get dropped though but being dropped by Peter is nothing to be ashamed about..

Its hard to compare anyone to Holmes since Holmes is one of the best heavyweights ever..I really wish Holmes was in a different era of boxing to really see(and not just imagine or predict,I'd wanna see the fights and how they'd unfold) where he would of stood with guys like Ali and the other guys in that era..I know Ali was his sparring partner and that he would beat up Ali in sparring sometimes..Ali would let guys beat up on him though in sparring to give his body the ability to take more pain when it came to fight night..Although,if Holmes was in a different era,there would of been a HUGE gape in heavyweight boxing,especially for boxing fans then..My dads favorite boxer ever was Larry Holmes..
The CEO
I think Wladdy's chin gets a worse rep than it deserves....I would say he has around an average Heavyweight chin....as Blaze said...anyone can get knocked out at Heavy on any given night....

If you remember....Sanders jumped on Klit early with some pretty impressive, straight LEFT hands...Wladdy wasn't ready that night, and that was Sanders' Buster Douglas moment...straight up.....Peter knocked him down more than once, but Wladdy kept getting off the canvas and ended up winning....which I would think means his toughness is "good enough" as well....

On a related note...I like and respect Lennox Lewis...I feel he was a great Champion....but think of it this way....like Wladdy....he got jumped on early by McCall and got TKOed....and against Rahman, all it took was 1 shot.....

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 26 2008, 11:01 PM) [snapback]402072[/snapback]
Boxers are supposed to get used to punishment, maybe even like it. You can tell Wlad doesn't.

Wlad. doesn't like getting hit..You're right..Look at his face though,his face does not say boxing like guys with massive scar tissue build ups..I think Wlad. is used to getting hit just doesn't like it..

I know I like getting hit in the ring,it helps make you stronger mentally..I've never been cut or swelled up..Also, getting hit just makes ya want to improve your defense..I gotta admit,it almost feels as "cool" to block a punch with your gloves as it is to land one..I recall one sparring session a long time ago that for the first time I blocked a 6 punch combo just my gloves and I remember thinking about how sweet it must have looked..hahaha..I was bad at defense when I first started,mostly when I got tired..Thinking about it now reminds me of the Margarito/Cotto fight..Cotto is awesome with blocking shots with his gloves..When you land a perfect punch,its dope but you don't feel the impact too much..When I broke a dudes rib once,I didn't even feel the punch land even though I knew it did since he dropped..
BigG
Wlad doesn't have great headmovement (so straight up)

But he really knows how to use his big reach-height advnatage..I'll give him credit for that. He knows how to keep guys at bay.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 26 2008, 11:20 PM) [snapback]402079[/snapback]
Wlad doesn't have great headmovement (so straight up)

But he really knows how to use his big reach-height advnatage..I'll give him credit for that. He knows how to keep guys at bay.

I don't know why this is but most tall fighters don't have great head movement..I think it has to do with not needing it as much as shorter guys since you're punching down and they have to punch really far up..I'm trying to think of tall guys with good head movement..Can you name any off the top of your head??Do you mean head movement like slipping punches and getting out of the way or are you just saying that he is just too straight up??
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 27 2008, 03:47 AM) [snapback]402068[/snapback]
He's sort of like Cintron IMO.

He has not cried in the ring has he? I mean he does look like he enjoys sex with his brother though.
oozemcbuck
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 26 2008, 05:03 AM) [snapback]401968[/snapback]

Found this on Youtube for ya guys..I got my money on Klitchko in that fight..Haye is lookin like a bum next to Klitchko..Klitchko is in a suit and clean shaven and Haye is in a hoodie under a jacket with a grizzly goatee..I really want to see this fight..Klitchko----"Behave yourself"...hahaha...Klitchko might have to "teach him his behavior"..hahahah...This is gangsta Wlad!!!Both the Klitchkos crack me up in their interviews,especially Vitali..

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif hello ! my name a borat. i do not know why the man with the chocolate face want to fight me ? in my country of kazahkstan, when a man fight, they go to field and shoot each other. then the winner get to make sexy time with prostitute, my sister !!! it is niiiiccceeee !!!! thumbsup_anim.gif thumbsup_anim.gif thumbsup_anim.gif

everytime i hear wlad talk i start dying laughing !!! borat's the man....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.