Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cazares-Calderon II:Any Round by Round/Postfight Comments
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
I thought Cazares won the first fight. I recall the fight being very close and the scorecards for Calderon being too wide. I don't think it will be different. Another close fight and another close decision for Calderon, maybe even split again, and perhaps controversial.

Jack
BigG
I thought Calderon won the first by a point. This is basically Miguel Cotto-Margarito of the lower weights. Cazares MUCH bigger and stronger than Calderon but Calderon has the skills and will look to counter, hit, move.

Calderon by decision in the rematch.
eternalfighter
the only way it can be different is if Cazares knocks him out. ive never seen anyone get a decision there against the home fighter no matter how badley the foreign fighter beats the home fighter. its gotta be a k.o.
kidbazooka1
If Cazares wins it wil be by knockout if it goes the disntance Calderon wil take it.
RayFanofRealBoxers
In the Final Presser Calderon is already saying to Cazares, "HE CAN'T HIT WHAT HE CAN'T SEE".

It made me sad, because he promised on Republica Deportiva that he would fight and not run around. Now he's changing his tune.

Cazares knocked him down in the first fight and still lost the fight. One judge had him winning 5 rounds.

We read in the Puerto Rican newspaper that their making a wax figure of Calderon to put into a new sports wax musuem in Bayamon. I can't believe that shit. After this fight they're gonna put both Cotto and Calderon wax figures togther and displayed as, LAS DOS GALLINAS QUE PERDIERON CONTRA DOS GALLOS MEXICANOS!!!

Edwin Rosario never fought like that. Especially never blantly saying that he plans to run. Cazares commented, "In our last fight he ran, this time he's gonna fly away". Even Cintron is willing to stay in there and fight. That's the way all Boriquas should fight.
Imperius3
Calderon avoids getting knocked down this time and wins a close but clear decision.
frankypc
Its called boxing, and the point is to hit and try not to get hit back in the process. So i dont know what the problem is. Calderon is a smart boxer. I would be the same if the guy i was going to fight was supposed to be fighting in 122 instead of 108 lol. And he is not running that much, He is fighting the same guy who almost knocked him out so if that doesnt earn him any respect i dont know what he can do. Because he has no ko power, he uses what hes got and that is right smarts, and great boxing ability.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(RayFanofRealBoxers @ Aug 28 2008, 12:48 PM) [snapback]402295[/snapback]
In the Final Presser Calderon is already saying to Cazares, "HE CAN'T HIT WHAT HE CAN'T SEE".

It made me sad, because he promised on Republica Deportiva that he would fight and not run around. Now he's changing his tune.

Cazares knocked him down in the first fight and still lost the fight. One judge had him winning 5 rounds.

We read in the Puerto Rican newspaper that their making a wax figure of Calderon to put into a new sports wax musuem in Bayamon. I can't believe that shit. After this fight they're gonna put both Cotto and Calderon wax figures togther and displayed as, LAS DOS GALLINAS QUE PERDIERON CONTRA DOS GALLOS MEXICANOS!!!

Edwin Rosario never fought like that. Especially never blantly saying that he plans to run. Cazares commented, "In our last fight he ran, this time he's gonna fly away". Even Cintron is willing to stay in there and fight. That's the way all Boriquas should fight.

Rosario never ran from no one he was a bad dude and one of my all time favorites.
Jack 1000
Correction from above,

You know,

Now that I think about it, I might have had Calderon by a point. My memory of the fight is very hazy in terms of the scoring. The only thing that I recall is that I for sure had it a one point difference, not being impressed one way or the other by either guy and that was it. Sorry for the confusion!

The one thing I can ask with a damn clear head is, WTF is this doing on PPV?!

Jack
Bazooka Limon
I had it 115-112 for Calderon the first time. I believe it will be the same result. I can also see a Cazeres KO
Jack 1000
I anticipate a very small PPV audience for this. But anyone who is ordering is welcome to give us round by round or post fight reactions in this thread. Undercard start time is 8PM CST.

Jack

Administrator
RayFanofRealBoxers
We'll be happy too. We ordered the fight.
These guys are considered "Little Giants".

I'm really hoping Calderon comes to fight this time around.
Mean Mister Mustard
Calderon tends to fade in the late rounds. I remember in the undercard of Mayweather-Gatti he fought some Mexican guy, forgot his name, and pretty much had his way with the guy until the final 4 rounds where he ran and got beat to the body. Cazares MUST turn it on late.
RayFanofRealBoxers
Eric Morel does not want to fight. The crowd is quiet and Ruiz is just following him around and trying to punch him.

As soon as a punch hits him Morel is jumping back trying to run away. Just like Cotto.

I don't know why Puerto Rican boxers of today are not willing to trade anymore. They bring shame to the rivalry. The difference to me is that Puerto Ricans are boxers and Mexicans are fighters.

It's the 11th round and the crowd is booing they're own boxer. My wife is even saying what's going on, that guy is running and turning his back.

That tells you guys something when even a woman is asking what the hell is going on, when a man is afraid to fight.

So, here I am feeling sad and angry and the crowd is booing!!!!!!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(RayFanofRealBoxers @ Aug 30 2008, 09:59 PM) [snapback]402562[/snapback]
Eric Morel does not want to fight. The crowd is quiet and Ruiz is just following him around and trying to punch him.

As soon as a punch hits him Morel is jumping back trying to run away. Just like Cotto.

I don't know why Puerto Rican boxers of today are not willing to trade anymore. They bring shame to the rivalry. The difference to me is that Puerto Ricans are boxers and Mexicans are fighters.

It's the 11th round and the crowd is booing they're own boxer. My wife is even saying what's going on, that guy is running and turning his back.

That tells you guys something when even a woman is asking what the hell is going on, when a man is afraid to fight.

So, here I am feeling sad and angry and the crowd is booing!!!!!!

So how much you bet on Calderon to win?
RayFanofRealBoxers
How much do you wanna bet that Calderon will want to run like a bitch?

It's bullshit, man.

They don't want to make it exciting.
Mean Mister Mustard
By running do you mean backing off?
RayFanofRealBoxers
It's gonna start in about 10 minutes, I'll keep you guys posted.
RayFanofRealBoxers
I mean literally jumping back. And if i was the only one thinking that way, why the hell would the crowd BOO?
RayFanofRealBoxers
National Anthems, right now.

Even in the Mexican Anthem it's telling them, the is a soldier in every son and the cannons trembling at the sound of war.

In the Puerto Rican Anthem it's talking about Colmbus discovering their beautiful Island. The Borinquen Indians should have put him to death once he landed.
BigG
Cazares is SO much bigger than Calderon. Good thing Calderon is fast as hell.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(RayFanofRealBoxers @ Aug 30 2008, 10:52 PM) [snapback]402576[/snapback]
National Anthems, right now.

Even in the Mexican Anthem it's telling them, the is a soldier in every son and the cannons trembling at the sound of war.

In the Puerto Rican Anthem it's talking about Colmbus discovering their beautiful Island. The Borinquen Indians should have put him to death once he landed.

laugh.gif
RayFanofRealBoxers
Calderon is so scared, you can see it in his eyes. his corner is telling him don't be afraid
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(RayFanofRealBoxers @ Aug 30 2008, 11:11 PM) [snapback]402579[/snapback]
Calderon is so scared, you can see it in his eyes. his corner is telling him don't be afraid

LOL

Interesting to note both guys are expanding a lot of energy. And we know Calderon fades late. Let's just hope Cazares can sustain the pace.
Imperius3
Brilliant work by Calderon so far. 5-0 Calderon.
Mean Mister Mustard
Is Calderon getting a bit tired?
Imperius3
Too soon to tell, although I did give Cazares the 6th.

5-1 Calderon.
BigG
Calderon isn't tired...seems like hes having a good 7th....I got it 5-1 Calderon. Cazares does best when he roughs up Calderon...he is getting ouyboxed from the outside. Ivan is very hard to hit from the outside.

Ohhhh I think Calderon just got cut BADLY by a headbutt...wonder whats gonna happen.
Mean Mister Mustard
Calderon should fight one of those Japanese title holders next.
Imperius3
They're stopping it. Bad cut on Calderon's forehead. Looks like he has a bullet hole in his head.

To the scorecards...
BigG
They stop it...it going to the cards. No way Cazares wins...

This sucks for Cazares even though Calderon was showing no signs of getting tired yet. Cazares needed to go to the body more. He wasnt landing shit upstairs.
RayFanofRealBoxers
Fight Stopped
RayFanofRealBoxers
Head Butt, Calderon hugged all night
RayFanofRealBoxers
They gave to Calderon
frankypc
lol then he hugged the wrong person bc it seems your the one who needed a hug. let it got he was boxing beautifuly ans scoring points. if something was going to happend latter well never know. And they dint "gave it to calderon" he earned it until the headbutt came.
BigG
Calderon wins a UD...

68-65, 68-65, 67-66
RayFanofRealBoxers
It's bullshit he did not want to fight. He hugged Cazares to avoid getting hit
RayFanofRealBoxers
Genaro Hernandez was even saying that Cazares should hit him in the leg while he's trying to run away.
BigG
Mayweather-Margarito would probably look alot like this fight
frankypc
lol whatever. keep your beef with the little guy, hes still won. the purpose is hit and try not to get hit. if you had a guy a big guy in front of you in a boxing match i bet you would hold from time to time and try to box him and move around and try not to get hit. Dont try to sell that bravado shit. If you have talent and can box, then do it. if you have the capability to slug it out so be it. its still boxing and its about scoring points.
RayFanofRealBoxers
Cazares said if I were to win in that fashion I would be embarrased. This is not what boxing is supposed to be.
Imperius3
Calderon doesn't fight like an idiot. Live with it.
RayFanofRealBoxers
hey its not about scoring points, you seen the way CALDERON fought he was HUGGIN like a SISSY BITCH I don't know why you like him I guess YOU ARE ON CRACK!!!!!! Well 4 your info I fought with a BIG GUY and he DINT fight like a MAN instead he ran away.

Admin note: Post edited for name-calling. It's OK to bash the fighters, but users must be respectable to their fellow posters on the board. Name-calling to posters is not allowed. Please keep it civilized.

Jack

Administrator
thefloatingmonkey
Man, it looked like Calderon had a hole in his head from that headbutt!
frankypc
real mature, applause for the guy, he even used caps as if he was screaming and he called me fag lol. the marvel that its the internet, were people can express themselves the way they see fit.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(frankypc @ Aug 30 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]402608[/snapback]
real mature, applause for the guy, he even used caps as if he was screaming and he called me fag lol. the marvel that its the internet, were people can express themselves the way they see fit.

Admin note: Frank, I edited his post for name-calling and warned him that this conduct is not allowed to other posters on the forums.

Jack

Administrator

RayFanofRealBoxers
Excatly Imperius3, Calderon did not want to fight period.
I don't think fighting is being an idiot.
RayFanofRealBoxers
I must admit you guys like boring fights. Edwin Rosario would never fight like this. Genaro Hernandez said, "this is more of a game of checkers than boxing".

You could see that right after the head butt Calderon did not want to continue fighting even before the doctor had checked him out. If anything he turned his head to hit Cazares on purpose. When he would hit Cazares, Cazares would smile and shake his head at him, as if to say You don't hurt me.

I'm a real boxing fan, and I've been watching boxing for over 30 years. and I've never seen boxers fight like this and it being acceptable.

When Boom Boom Mancini was on ESPN, a couple of months ago. He said the same thing it's these type of boxing matches that is ruining the sport. When he fought Du Ku Kim it was bloody and they fought exactly like Vasquez/Marquez .

Isn't that more noble and much more exciting.
That other stuff you guys call boxing is cheap and crappy.
frankypc
I can understand your point, but you fail to grasp that in boxing not everything is brawling and getting hit like crazy. Its extremely obvious that if calderon would have been an stationary starget he would gave gotten KO because cazares its a bigger guy. Instead he used his abilities to give an excelent fight, and you can say whatever you want about hugging or running, but calderon WAS hitting cazares alot more than what cazares what connecting, so its not like he just went joggin all night and dint throw or connect punches. Boxing is about point, and im sorry calderon dint have to accept cazares rematch he could have found whatever way not to fight the obvious bigger and stronger guy that could KO him and he still did. So if thats not enought to earn your respect then it will simply never happen, but because you dont like him does not mean hes not an excelent boxer and a champion.
RayFanofRealBoxers
It has nothing to do with me not liking him. It's nothing personal. I just do not like the style of jumping back, running around the ring or hugging your opponents waist. To me personally that is not boxing.

The ring was 20X20 , it seems to me they were giving him a lot of room to run and scurry around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.