Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So I finally got around to rewatching Cotto-Margarito.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
After watching it again and really analyzing the fight it is clear to me that there is just no way that Cotto can beat Margarito. The biggest reason why Cotto can't win is because Tony took Cotto's best weapon away from him, that being Cotto's body attack. The times when Cotto went to to the body the shots where either hitting Margs elbows or being called low by the ref so Cotto was basically fucked from the beginning in this fight.

One thing I did notice that in the beginning of the 8th round (I think it was the 8th) Cotto planted his feet and fire combination that actually backed Tony up, but for what ever reason instead of going forward with the momentum Cotto retreated to the opposing corner. He did this at other times in the fight but that was the most noticeable to me.

After watching the fight I do believe Cotto will be able to continue on after a decent break. Looking at the fight he really didn't take as much punishment as I thought he did and was always cognizant of his surroundings. Diego Corrales (RIP) took more punishment in his win against Castillo than Cotto did in this fight so I have full confidence that he will be back and in great form. I just don't see him taking on guys with the same style as Margarito anymore.
BigG
Cotto's better as a pressure fighter and he cant stay inside with a bigger, tougher, stronger fighter. Cotto is more skilled but he isn't quick enough like Floyd is and he likes to stand and trade too much.....plus his stamina is suspect...even though Cotto is better than Marg is (IMHO), he is made for Margarito to pressure and stop..unless he hits and holds all night...
Douchebag
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 27 2008, 10:28 AM) [snapback]402121[/snapback]
Cotto's better as a pressure fighter and he cant stay inside with a bigger, tougher, stronger fighter. Cotto is more skilled but he isn't quick enough like Floyd is and he likes to stand and trade too much.....plus his stamina is suspect...even though Cotto is better than Marg is (IMHO), he is made for Margarito to pressure and stop..unless he hits and holds all night...

Thats the thing, I don't think his pride would allow him to that and not only that but I could see Tony getting pissed off and body slamming his ass if he did do that.
BigG
Yup, Cotto is just going to do what he does when someone is pressure and thats hit and move..I RARELY see Cotto hold...even in the Margarito fight he rarely held even when getting beat up in the corner. Cotto's a badass regardless..still the best fighter to watch today (IMHO). thumbsup_anim.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
I don't understand why every time Cotto would get off the ropes he would go back to another side of the ring instead of going to the center of the ring. It wasn't Margarito cutting off the ring because everytime Cotto has started boxing against other opponents he does the same thing.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 27 2008, 11:55 AM) [snapback]402127[/snapback]
I don't understand why every time Cotto would get off the ropes he would go back to another side of the ring instead of going to the center of the ring. It wasn't Margarito cutting off the ring because everytime Cotto has started boxing against other opponents he does the same thing.

I think it is just a bad habit that never bit him in the ass until this fight.
Method
Cotto's a badass regardless..still the best fighter to watch today (IMHO).

LMAO.
BigG
QUOTE(Method @ Aug 27 2008, 04:29 PM) [snapback]402136[/snapback]
LMAO.

lol hmmm...
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Aug 27 2008, 10:24 AM) [snapback]402120[/snapback]
After watching it again and really analyzing the fight it is clear to me that there is just no way that Cotto can beat Margarito. The biggest reason why Cotto can't win is because Tony took Cotto's best weapon away from him, that being Cotto's body attack. The times when Cotto went to to the body the shots where either hitting Margs elbows or being called low by the ref so Cotto was basically fucked from the beginning in this fight.

One thing I did notice that in the beginning of the 8th round (I think it was the 8th) Cotto planted his feet and fire combination that actually backed Tony up, but for what ever reason instead of going forward with the momentum Cotto retreated to the opposing corner. He did this at other times in the fight but that was the most noticeable to me.

After watching the fight I do believe Cotto will be able to continue on after a decent break. Looking at the fight he really didn't take as much punishment as I thought he did and was always cognizant of his surroundings. Diego Corrales (RIP) took more punishment in his win against Castillo than Cotto did in this fight so I have full confidence that he will be back and in great form. I just don't see him taking on guys with the same style as Margarito anymore.

wow, that was my complete look on the entire fight in a nut shell,.....good look...
Douchebag
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 27 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]402188[/snapback]
wow, that was my complete look on the entire fight in a nut shell,.....good look...

Thanks....
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Aug 27 2008, 09:24 AM) [snapback]402120[/snapback]

Good break down of the fight..Cotto obviously didn't take the punishment Corrales did in the first fight with Castillo since Cotto was focusing a lot on his defense and boxing skills..If Corrales had done the same,we would of ended up with a less dramatic fight but Corrales would have taken a hell of a lot less punches..hahaha..Cotto didn't take punishment in the beginning but once Margarito broke his defense and found the hole for uppercuts(Cotto's weakness) he whooped him badly..

I agree with you,Cotto will never be able to beat Margarito..If Cotto would have kept going forward when he backed Margarito up for a second,he would of been moving into the storm..Margarito would of just got back to what he was doing but Cotto would just be helping him by coming to him..Cotto had a better chance to win had he throw less hard punches(save stamina) and thrown combos and moved away..Cotto was landing bombs on Margarito and he found out how much of a beast Margarito is..

Good eye on seein the missing body shots..I think Cotto could come back and have a successful career as long as Margarito didn't break his spirit with giving him his first 0..Same thing happened to Jeff Lacy..Cotto is a way better fighter than Lacy but we've all seen guys fall apart after getting their first loss..We'll see how mentally strong Cotto is..
King Eugene
I want to say,"DAMN HAS THIS NOT GOTTEN OLD YET, WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT?" but in all honesty I cant cause there hasn't been a better fight since and the olympics sucked. So hell this pretty much is the only relevant thing left towards todays boxing to talk about that has any real interest. Its sucks though, I swear I hope the next pay-per-view fight is a good one cause I'm tired of hearing how "Great" Margarito has become and how Cotto "ISNT AS GOOD" as everybody thought he was!

Well like I said thats what I want to say but hell they are the only descent topics to talk about!

CANT WAIT FOR NOVEMBER 8TH!!!
RayFanofRealBoxers
I watched the Margarito/Cotto fight last too.

By the 2nd round Cotto was already bleeding from the nose, above the eye and he looked worried and hurt.

He saw the his hardest punch only made Margarito smile at him and jogged to him more, applying pressure.
Even if Cotto wanted to hold on to Margarito, Kenny Bayless wasn't having it. He barked to Cotto by saying, "NO DETENGAS" Which means, NO HOLDING.

Make no mistake Cotto was beaten. He wanted to fight to be over so bad. But you would never know it by listening to Jim Lampley, it seemed that he was rooting for Cottto and not annoucing what was really happening, Cotto getting beat down real bad.

It was funny hearing Jim Lampley saying almost every round, "
RayFanofRealBoxers
hey, wasn't finished posting, Computer malfunction.

Anyway, Jim Lampley kept saying after every round, " TOUGH ROUND TO SCORE."

I kept asking myself what fight was he watching, Max Kellerman had a better grasp of what was happening to Cotto. Cotto was looking like a zombie walking back to his corner each round, at one point he even stretched out his arms against the ropes because he physically and mentally shocked.

The first knock down he turned his back away and went down and took the count, meanwhile Jim Lampley screaming, "Cotto still winning on points". I Just laughed because I couldn't believe what he was saying.

But the image that will stay in mind forever is Cotto backing up and taking a knee, all bloody and afraid to take another barrage of punches from Margarito. He looked down at Mararito standing over him with the Mexican flag that was on his trunks. Cotto just kept staring at the flag, as if thinking to himself, "Damn I really got into a war now.

Good old fashioned Mexican Beat Down!!!!!!!!!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 27 2008, 07:45 PM) [snapback]402239[/snapback]
I want to say,"DAMN HAS THIS NOT GOTTEN OLD YET, WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT?" but in all honesty I cant cause there hasn't been a better fight since and the olympics sucked. So hell this pretty much is the only relevant thing left towards todays boxing to talk about that has any real interest. Its sucks though, I swear I hope the next pay-per-view fight is a good one cause I'm tired of hearing how "Great" Margarito has become and how Cotto "ISNT AS GOOD" as everybody thought he was!

Well like I said thats what I want to say but hell they are the only descent topics to talk about!

CANT WAIT FOR NOVEMBER 8TH!!!

Hell,I can't wait for Casamayor vs. Marquez or Dawson Vs. Tarver..Nov. 8 seems so far away..I can't wait for just about any fight though..haha..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 28 2008, 12:54 AM) [snapback]402279[/snapback]
Hell,I can't wait for Casamayor vs. Marquez or Dawson Vs. Tarver..Nov. 8 seems so far away..I can't wait for just about any fight though..haha..

Man when I hear Dawson vs. Tarver I'm like hell yea but when I stop to think about it. That shit might be boring as hell cause its going to be a chest match. Dont get me wrong, I love good tatical/masterful boxing but:
1. Tarver has never really been entertaining
2. Dawson has been rocked for the first time so now he is going to be cautious about stepping into fire to get off

but hey...I could be wrong. I swear I hope it doesnt go the decision. I've never seen Tarver knocked out before but I'd be excited about it happening. And the ironic thing to that is I'm rooting for him to beat Chad Dawson. LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 28 2008, 01:07 AM) [snapback]402284[/snapback]
Man when I hear Dawson vs. Tarver I'm like hell yea but when I stop to think about it. That shit might be boring as hell cause its going to be a chest match. Dont get me wrong, I love good tatical/masterful boxing but:
1. Tarver has never really been entertaining
2. Dawson has been rocked for the first time so now he is going to be cautious about stepping into fire to get off

but hey...I could be wrong. I swear I hope it doesnt go the decision. I've never seen Tarver knocked out before but I'd be excited about it happening. And the ironic thing to that is I'm rooting for him to beat Chad Dawson. LOL

No doubt the fight could be a flop..I am a really big Tarver fan and I think he has put on plenty of great fights..Lately he is alittle off his game..If ya don't like him,you have to give him props on the Johnson fights no matter what..I think he won both fights and I think he won all 3 Jones fights..The Johnson fights are prime Antonio Tarver I think..He was amazing in those fights..If anyone says one-dimensional,watch those..The Jones fights were boring besides the KO..They both did more posing then actual boxing..I think fighters should think in fights,but once ya get to a point where thinking is more important than throwing punches,that's no good..Tarver KO'ed Eric Harding pretty bad in their second fight..I don't see anyone knocking Tarver down..Glen Johnson beat Dawson(in my opinion) and I think Johnson hits harder..

I think the fight could be really exciting or not that great,which is how I also feel about the Jones/Calzaghe fight too..They both have potential to be great fights though and I like all 4 fighters..That's funny you want Tarver to win but wanna see him KO'ed..hahaha..I bet a lot of people want to see him KO'ed..

One last thing I really like about Tarver is if you beat him once,you won't beat him again..That's why I really want a B-Hop rematch for Tarver..Tarver lost a lot of weight fast for that fight and never gave his body time to adjust which is why I think he has been off his game lately..Same thing happened to Chris Byrd but Byrd had already been off his game..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 28 2008, 02:35 AM) [snapback]402287[/snapback]
I think he won all 3 Jones fights

I'll have to disagree with you on that one. The first fight was a pretty good and close one but hate him or not you have to give it to Jones for showing heart for the first time (cause he never had to) by digging down and pulling it out those last two rounds. He pop shotted the shit out of Tarver those last two rounds and threw in just a few combos as well.

QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 28 2008, 02:35 AM) [snapback]402287[/snapback]
One last thing I really like about Tarver is if you beat him once,you won't beat him again..That's why I really want a B-Hop rematch for Tarver..Tarver lost a lot of weight fast for that fight and never gave his body time to adjust which is why I think he has been off his game lately

Come to think of it I dont know anybody that has beat him twice. I'd love to see a Tarver vs. B. Hop Rematch! If Tarver lose to Dawson (which I doubt he will) I'd be begging for that rematch with B. Hop but of course he'd be begging for the rematch with Dawson. And up to this point Tarver cant use the weight as an excuse cause its been quite a few years now.
D-MARV
COTTO GOT FUCKED UP!!!! Simple as that... I had him ahead at the time of the stoppage but he was getting beat up.
caneman
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 28 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]402360[/snapback]
COTTO GOT FUCKED UP!!!! Simple as that... I had him ahead at the time of the stoppage but he was getting beat up.

Nothing to be ashamed either, That beast that Cotto got beat by would have beatdown most from 154-140 & half of those @ 160!

I still want PWill vs Marg II by spring! thumbsup_anim.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 28 2008, 09:13 PM) [snapback]402363[/snapback]
Nothing to be ashamed either, That beast that Cotto got beat by would have beatdown most from 154-140 & half of those @ 160!

I still want PWill vs Marg II by spring! thumbsup_anim.gif

I'd like that too!

Oh and by the way offtopic.gif My Hurricanes will Kick Ass This YEAR!
D-MARV
Caneman, Who @ 160 would you favor Margarito over?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 28 2008, 01:51 AM) [snapback]402289[/snapback]
I'll have to disagree with you on that one. The first fight was a pretty good and close one but hate him or not you have to give it to Jones for showing heart for the first time (cause he never had to) by digging down and pulling it out those last two rounds. He pop shotted the shit out of Tarver those last two rounds and threw in just a few combos as well.
Come to think of it I dont know anybody that has beat him twice. I'd love to see a Tarver vs. B. Hop Rematch! If Tarver lose to Dawson (which I doubt he will) I'd be begging for that rematch with B. Hop but of course he'd be begging for the rematch with Dawson. And up to this point Tarver cant use the weight as an excuse cause its been quite a few years now.

Sup dude..I love Roy Jones as a fighter and person..He is just like me,boxing is what I love to watch and do and I love playing and watching basketball too but not as much as boxing..The first Jones/Tarver fight was a good fight and extremely close but I gave the edge to Tarver..I hate to say it but I think Tarver won by a point..

No one has ever been Tarver twice,EVER..All his losses were the first fight he fought someone and he ALWAYS wins the rematch or rematches in the case of Jones..If Tarver wins or loses to Dawson(I think he'll win),I want a B-Hop rematch no matter what..Tarver has never looked so bad in a fight as the B-Hop fight..Like I have said so many times though,I really think it was the weight loss that caused the loss..I agree with you,Tarver can't use the weight loss as a excuse anymore..He whooped Woods(whether you liked the fight or not) and I think that was his last "tune-up" to be completely back to himself at 175..Tarver knows the B-Hop fight was because of the weight just like Toney knew it was because of the weight by he looked so bad against Jones..Toney would have put up a wayyyy better fight,but Jones would win still I think..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 28 2008, 08:54 PM) [snapback]402375[/snapback]
Caneman, Who @ 160 would you favor Margarito over?

Ya might not be asking me,but I favor Pavlik over Margarito at 160 heavily..Margarito at 154 is still lethal but I don't see it too much at 160..I know Margarito can take a massive beating but I see Pavlik as the guy to put him down and keep him down..Margarito is pretty easy to hit and Pavlik would give him a massive beating I think..Pavlik also has the ability to go 12 hard rounds soo it'd be a great match-up because of that(if he didn't stop/KO Marg)..
BigG
I just watched the fight again and I agree that there is no way Cotto can beat Margarito. He doesn't have the quick footwork. To beat Margarito you need to either be a freak like Paul Williams or a highskilled PURE boxer like floyd.
Douchebag
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 31 2008, 03:10 AM) [snapback]402639[/snapback]
I just watched the fight again and I agree that there is no way Cotto can beat Margarito. He doesn't have the quick footwork. To beat Margarito you need to either be a freak like Paul Williams or a highskilled PURE boxer like floyd.

It's sad too because I REALLY wanted to see a Floyd-Cotto fight and it looks like it will never happen at this point. Though Cotto lost to Marg I still give him a better shot at beating jr. than Marg.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Aug 31 2008, 11:23 AM) [snapback]402672[/snapback]
It's sad too because I REALLY wanted to see a Floyd-Cotto fight and it looks like it will never happen at this point. Though Cotto lost to Marg I still give him a better shot at beating jr. than Marg.

Me too. Fucking Mayweather. I think he has a Calzaghe complex at this point. He's no longer as hungry as he was before and wants to retire undefeated. He knows he can't beat everyone at welterweight. Shame really.
frankypc
Tho im also not sure Cotto can beat Marg in a rematch, at the very least he could maybe change that bad habit of going from the ropes in one side of the ring to the ropes in the other side. You could argue that it was product of the effective pressure of margarito and i agree somewhat. But cotto's always done that in other fights and against the tijuana tornado it was a stupid thing to do. Oh and almost forget that leaning with the elbows completely wide open for uppercuts was also a dumb thing to do against marg.

Anyway. Co-Sing on Marg Williams part deux.
streetlion1
I think Cotto could beat margarito in a rematch but I also think he needs a new trainer to do it. I see a totally different fight if he doesnt allow himself to be trapped on the ropes and actually does some work to Margs body. He may not have been hurting him when he landed but Marg wasnt hurting him either until he stopped and traded. If Cotto keeps the fight in the center of the ring he has the victory.
D-MARV
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Sep 1 2008, 12:12 PM) [snapback]402749[/snapback]
I think Cotto could beat margarito in a rematch but I also think he needs a new trainer to do it. I see a totally different fight if he doesnt allow himself to be trapped on the ropes and actually does some work to Margs body. He may not have been hurting him when he landed but Marg wasnt hurting him either until he stopped and traded. If Cotto keeps the fight in the center of the ring he has the victory.

The problem with that is Cotto doesn't have the skill nor size to keep Margarito in the middle of the ring.
RayFanofRealBoxers
At 147 or 160 Margarito will always come to fight. Not to box, His countrymen will have it no other way. And I support that. That's what makes a true warrior and champion.

I see all these pictures of RJJ with the belts and he won those in a tag match not a fighting match.

Now even Puerto Rican boxers are thinking like that, it's sad because that is the reason why so many commentators and boxing writers are saying the sport is dying. That's what made these rvalries special because they use to give their all. Now they're just running in the ring like sissies. While the people in the crowd Boo.

They rather put repeats of real boxing matches on Primetime than watch all those other fights.
Pretty soon they'll just want to put Mexican boxers against each other all the time because they're the only ones to make it that exciting. Like Vazquez/Marquez that was a boxing match that the people will never forget and won't stop talking about for generations to come.

And they will have their fourth matchup next year. Again it will be a night to remember.

Feel sorry for the fights you guys like it will never be as exciting. We know blood and glory, you guys know run and tag. Thinking with my balls here but that is the way I feel.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(RayFanofRealBoxers @ Sep 1 2008, 04:26 PM) [snapback]402765[/snapback]
They rather put repeats of real boxing matches on Primetime than watch all those other fights.
Pretty soon they'll just want to put Mexican boxers against each other all the time because they're the only ones to make it that exciting. Like Vazquez/Marquez that was a boxing match that the people will never forget and won't stop talking about for generations to come.

And they will have their fourth matchup next year. Again it will be a night to remember.

Feel sorry for the fights you guys like it will never be as exciting. We know blood and glory, you guys know run and tag. Thinking with my balls here but that is the way I feel.

Dude you need to get over the whole mexicans are the only ones to put on good fights..That is some of the dumbest shit I've heard..Look at Ali/Frazier,Foreman/Lyle,Brewster/Lykovich,Pavlik/Taylor,Ward/Gatti,Ward/Judah,Ward/Augustus, Ibeaubuchi/Tua,Klitchko/Lewis,Tarver/Johnson,Griffith/Paret(any of em),Fullmer/Basilio,Mormeck/Bell 1 and 2..Hell,or any Holyfield fight from the 80's or 90's...

You are soo close minded man..You're sounding really stupid..How about you watch some of the fights I listed and you can get back to me whether you think mexicans are "the only ones to make it exciting"..I love mexican fighters,but they are not the only fighters who put on your "death matches"..Benny Paret died against Emile Griffith in their 3rd fight in the ring soo there is one death match for you to watch that is non mexican..
RIP Benny "Kid" Paret

Douchebag
QUOTE(RayFanofRealBoxers @ Sep 1 2008, 05:26 PM) [snapback]402765[/snapback]
At 147 or 160 Margarito will always come to fight. Not to box, His countrymen will have it no other way. And I support that. That's what makes a true warrior and champion.

I see all these pictures of RJJ with the belts and he won those in a tag match not a fighting match.

Now even Puerto Rican boxers are thinking like that, it's sad because that is the reason why so many commentators and boxing writers are saying the sport is dying. That's what made these rvalries special because they use to give their all. Now they're just running in the ring like sissies. While the people in the crowd Boo.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL PAUL WILLIAMS BEAT MARGARITO'S ASS AGAIN!
RayFanofRealBoxers
Out of all the ones you mentioned Gatti/Ward that was a war. And I have mentioned it before on this forum but on a different topic. I'm not racist at all. But our style is balls out and not tag-running style.

When you hear our trainers shouting to their boxers in the ring you will never hear them say box, dance, dance. You will only hear them say hit em', hit em' . Why do you think, when they mention a classic Mexican left hook to the body. They're the only ones to really excute this type of punch. You can't throw this punch by running around, you have to set your feet and dig in at close range, which means taking the chance of getting hit back.

That means Benny Paret gave it his all then, he should be praised. He did not run around the ring which is the case of some of the fights you mentioned above.

Cause you have to admit that most Mexicans fight in this type of style, they do not know what it is to dance around like an idiot, or a matador trying to fool and tire out the bull.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(RayFanofRealBoxers @ Sep 1 2008, 05:47 PM) [snapback]402777[/snapback]
Out of all the ones you mentioned Gatti/Ward that was a war.

Are you serious??Ike Ibeaubuchi threw the most punches a heavyweight has ever thrown against Tua..That was a war for sure..Lamon Brewster/Lycovich wasn't a war either??You are insane..How is it not??They both could have died in that fight easy..It was the biggest wars for the heavyweights in probably the last 10 years..Also,how was Mormeck/Bell not a war??Why was Judah/Ward fight of the year??You're always saying "mexicans only get fight of the year"...Ali/Frazier 3 wasn't a war either??You need to watch Fullmer/Basilio since I know you haven't seen it,otherwise you would have named that as a war too..

Do you only want fights fought in one spot of the ring??Barrera would move around the ring in the Morales fights,so is he a pussy??
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(RayFanofRealBoxers @ Sep 1 2008, 09:26 PM) [snapback]402765[/snapback]

I hear ya on that one. He was also a dedicated drug cheat who used performance enhancers the way other fighters drink water. His career was tainted from the beginning & only got worse as time went on.

QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 1 2008, 11:05 PM) [snapback]402780[/snapback]
Barrera would move around the ring in the Morales fights,so is he a pussy??

Yes Barerra is a coward & a fake Mexican. Look at the way he folded against Pac man & how blatantly he ran from Hamed.
RayFanofRealBoxers
That's bull, Barrera was so pissed off at Hamed because he didn't want to go toe to toe with him. At one point he even slammed his face against the ropes for trying to run away.
The ref even told him NO, NO, don't wrestle him. After this fight Hamed was finished. He went into obscurity. As far as Barrera/Pacman he took the beating like a man, didn't try to run around the ring and resort to so called "Boxing".

Morales beat Pacman in their first fight, Pacman seen his own blood and it kind of freaked him out, but as I can see everybody forgot that already.
And I give credit to Pacquiao for fighting like Filipino with a Mexican heart.

I have all these fights on videotape or DVD.
STEVENSKI
Barerra was boxing in that fight not fighting. Therefore he is a textbook coward. He moved backwards on more than one occasion & a true warrior will never ever take a backwards step. He is a fake Mexican unlike Morales.
streetlion1
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 1 2008, 12:29 PM) [snapback]402753[/snapback]
The problem with that is Cotto doesn't have the skill nor size to keep Margarito in the middle of the ring.

Not yet anyway. Thats why it probably wouldnt be a bad move to get with another trainer..he was easily out-boxing Marg before he got tired...perhaps he needs Mayweather Sr.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 2 2008, 07:02 PM) [snapback]402861[/snapback]
There are some fighters who just don't have a big enough tank as some other guys that can fight 12 hard rounds. Sure they can train harder and they can improve, but stamina is sometimes a thing that I don't think you can train fully.
Of course theres an exception to lazy pricks who don't train properly and gas after a few rounds, they go to the gym work harder and they improve there stamina drastically. But Cotto doesn't strike me as a guy who is lazy, I just don't think he has the tank to go 12 hard rounds like some of these monsters that throw 100 punches a round.
DLH is another example I think. Just doesn't have the tank like other. Cotto can probably improve on his stamina a bit, but it will never be a drastic change.

Boxing needs to bring back 15 round championship fights to see if guys can step their game up even more..I believe they can..It's all about who wants it more(this is shown by how hard you train)..Cotto trains really hard I bet but he did say he didn't train any harder then he did for Mosley..HE SHOULD HAVE..hahaha..If you can,you should,especially for Margarito..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.