Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PHM - Oscar's New Exit Strategy
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
Is it just me, or is it looking more and more like Oscar has come up with a new exit strategy:

Pacquiao in December 2008
Hatton in May 2009
Mayweather in September 2009

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thoughts?

The CEO
Definitely a possibility....as I view all retirements in the business as Jay Z "retirements"....

Here's an angle on your possibility....DLH beats Pacquiao....Pacquiao goes into cahoots with DLH....Mayweather comes back to face Pacquiao....Mayweather beats Pacquiao.....Oscar's TRUE final fight is DLH-Mayweather II....Mayweather beats DLH again.....Mayweather goes into cahoots with DLH....and all three make crazy money the rest of their careers and lives with Golden Boy Promotions.

P.S.- I didn't mention Hatton because he's a shot bum.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Aug 28 2008, 05:20 PM) [snapback]402328[/snapback]
Definitely a possibility....as I view all retirements in the business as Jay Z "retirements"....

Here's an angle on your possibility....DLH beats Pacquiao....Pacquiao goes into cahoots with DLH....Mayweather comes back to face Pacquiao....Mayweather beats Pacquiao.....Oscar's TRUE final fight is DLH-Mayweather II....Mayweather beats DLH again.....Mayweather goes into cahoots with DLH....and all three make crazy money the rest of their careers and lives with Golden Boy Promotions.

Mayweather would never get into cahoots with DLH in my opinion..Mayweather would do his own kinda thing like Oscar has done before he joined fiorces with someone..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Aug 28 2008, 05:20 PM) [snapback]402328[/snapback]

I think everything else you said sounds very possible..SOOOO much money for all those people if that happened..Ridiculous amounts..
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Aug 28 2008, 06:20 PM) [snapback]402328[/snapback]

You think PBF would fight somebody who lost to the man he beat?......
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 28 2008, 06:43 PM) [snapback]402330[/snapback]
Mayweather would never get into cahoots with DLH in my opinion..Mayweather would do his own kinda thing like Oscar has done before he joined fiorces with someone..

Mayweather Promotions is the same thing as Winky Wright promotions. Jack shit. Now it is unfortunate but if guys like Wright and Mayweather want t go into promotion it's either join Arum or GoldenFishnets or nothing at all. Mayweather alone is not capable of reaching Goldie's level of fame or buisness success.

rusty_trombone
Nah Hype, you're forgetting the biggest money maker, but still waste of a fight. DLH-Trinidad 2
The CEO
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 28 2008, 07:04 PM) [snapback]402333[/snapback]
You think PBF would fight somebody who lost to the man he beat?......

Most definitely....because Oscar will "retire" after beating Manny....
rusty_trombone
What's funny is, that if somehow Pacman beats his giant opponent, it kind of makes a Mayweather v Pac fight viable. I would love to see Pac beat Mayweather, I don't know why either, but it would definitely bring me pleasure. Maybe I have a man-crush on Pac-man and don't know it.
The CEO
It's actually a win-win for Floyd, Rusty....he retired while he was the top of the food chain....leaving Pac his #1 spot....so if Manny were to somehow beat Oscar, think how great Manny would appear to everyone....especially the casual fans....so when Floyd comes back to dominate Manny, he would receive an even larger boost to his all time status....
Mean Mister Mustard
Pacquiao should fight Guzman, provided Guzman beats Campbell. Guzman is a smaller version of Mayweather except a little less brilliant on the technical side. If Pacquiao can get past Guzman, then take on Pacquiao.
D-MARV
Manny Pac beats Oscar, sets up Mayweather Pacquiao in which Mayweather stops Manny Late!!!!

Mayweather Haters will claim that it was a safe fight and Mayweather will get trashed for not fighting Margarito
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 28 2008, 08:29 PM) [snapback]402355[/snapback]
Mayweather will get trashed for not fighting Margarito

What's new?

Mayweather's tombstone will read:

Retired as #1P4P in world , beat Corralles, Castillo, DLH, Judah, Hatton, but never fought some guy named Antonio Margarito. Who is Margarito, well we're not exactly sure, but that tarnishes his entire career.

Again, I repeat, fuck Maragrito
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Aug 28 2008, 05:38 PM) [snapback]402358[/snapback]
What's new?

Mayweather's tombstone will read:

Retired as #1P4P in world , beat Corralles, Castillo, DLH, Judah, Hatton, but never fought some guy named Antonio Margarito. Who is Margarito, well we're not exactly sure, but that tarnishes his entire career.
Again, I repeat, fuck Maragrito

Margarito talking:
FUK YOU AND YOUR RUSTY PUSSY
FUK THE HATERS!!! fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif fuck.gif

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
thehype
No, no, no...Manny ain't beating Oscar...unless he can somehow stop him...which is HIGHLY unlikely.

As long as Oscar can go the distance, I say he wins at worst a controversial split decision...I mean, come on...if he can lose a split decision to Floyd in a fight that really wasn't even close, surely he can win one against Manny in a fight that might actually be close.

With the victory, Oscar will now consider himself to be the new pound-for-pound king...which will totally eat at Floyd, but not quite enough to make him come back right away. Oscar will need another fight in the meantime while he waits for Floyd, so he'll fight Hatton in Mexico and crush him even faster than Floyd did...after all, as the Hispanic Causin' Panic recently showed us, Hatton is a sucker for the left hook.

With the impressive and dominant destruction of Hatton (think Oscar's performance against Mayorga), the media and the fans will be DEMANDING the rematch with Floyd...a rematch that, at one point, nobody wanted to see.

At which point, Floyd will gladly come out of retirement for a late 2009 clash to make MO MONEY, MO MONEY, MO MONEY as he cruises to another dull split decision over the Golden Boy.

laugh.gif

Remember where you heard it first...

laugh.gif

Speaking of, didn't a certain somebody once say that a De La Hoya-Pacquiao fight ain't happenin'....

dntknw.gif

laugh.gif
King Eugene
It all sounds good, all these different match-ups that is if Manny Beats Oscar. I'd love for Mayweather to come back and beat the number 1 fighter and then retire again. LOL

but guess what Pac-Man WILL NOT BEAT OSCAR!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 28 2008, 08:41 PM) [snapback]402371[/snapback]
No, no, no...Manny ain't beating Oscar...unless he can somehow stop him...which is HIGHLY unlikely.

As long as Oscar can go the distance, I say he wins at worst a controversial split decision...I mean, come on...if he can lose a split decision to Floyd in a fight that really wasn't even close, surely he can win one against Manny in a fight that might actually be close.

With the victory, Oscar will now consider himself to be the new pound-for-pound king...which will totally eat at Floyd, but not quite enough to make him come back right away. Oscar will need another fight in the meantime while he waits for Floyd, so he'll fight Hatton in Mexico and crush him even faster than Floyd did...after all, as the Hispanic Causin' Panic recently showed us, Hatton is a sucker for the left hook.

With the impressive and dominant destruction of Hatton (think Oscar's performance against Mayorga), the media and the fans will be DEMANDING the rematch with Floyd...a rematch that, at one point, nobody wanted to see.

At which point, Floyd will gladly come out of retirement for a late 2009 clash to make MO MONEY, MO MONEY, MO MONEY as he cruises to another dull split decision over the Golden Boy.

laugh.gif

Remember where you heard it first...

laugh.gif

Speaking of, didn't a certain somebody once say that a De La Hoya-Pacquiao fight ain't happenin'....

dntknw.gif

laugh.gif

Its very possible DLH might KO Pac-man..Pac has been KO'ed before but I think he is harder to KO now and he has way more skill now then he did..But he is moving up in weight soo he's really going to be tested and we'll find out if he can handle DLH's jab,left hook,and his new and improved straight right..

DLH would smash Hatton for sure..Unless Hatton can KO with a left hook to the body he did to Castillo and B-Hop did to DLH...Perfect left hooks to the liver can stop anyone..If ya can get up from that shot,you're a beast..
JonnyBlaze
You all forgot something about Pac-man though..He stopped partying and drinking and is more focused then ever before now..Fighters who drink are retards..In the Diaz fight,I really saw the difference in Pac-man..He was soo much better than ever before in my opinion and he just keeps getting better..Pac-man is going to train harder then ever before for this fight..He isn't going to miss any days in the gym if this fight happens..

Skill edge goes to DLH for sure..
Jack 1000
Hype's assessment sounds good,

But be honest, most people don't want Floyd to come back unless some fighter beats the shit out of him and he gets KTFO. Who wants to see Mayweather-Delahoya II? The first waltz was boring enough. And I don't think Mayweather would ever fight Margarito or even Cotto if he had won instead, too big of a risk, even though the pay would be great.

I don't get it with Floyd. It's like he was/is so paranoid of losing. Here's a hint to delusional "moneybags." If the first fight is a good fight, even a loss can still be good because you can make more money in a rematch. But if the first fight is such a letdown (Mayweather-Delahoya I) and you aren't go to fight a big risk, such as Margarito, retire so we can stop listening to the trash-talk shit. For now at least, Floyd is retired and few are shedding tears.

Jack
D-MARV
I see this fight being a bit more competitive than most seem to think... If Manny can find a way to make to the later rounds, he may have a chance. But Im leaning towards Oscar by stoppage! My heart will be with Manny Pac though.
JonnyBlaze
I think it's sooo funny how the tide has changed from Floyd had to fight Cotto or he is a pussy to now it's Margarito..I know plenty of you were saying Cotto would beat Floyd so don't act like ya didn't..hahaha..If Margarito can beat Cotto,Floyd can too even though they are 2 COMPLETELY different fighters..Floyd would have beaten Cotto with more ease though,especially if Cotto fought how he did against Margarito..You can't box a boxer(Floyd ranks as a higher skilled boxer than Cotto)..In my opinion,the hype was all about that was that Cotto and Floyd both had a 0 and everyone though Cotto could never lose..Now it's is Margarito who takes the spot for Cotto who makes Floyd a pussy or makes him not deserve to be called one of the best..Floyd would always go after champions or the best or one of the best at each weight..He was easily persuaded to take lesser fights later in his career for money though which is bogus..

Margarito I always felt had a better chance at beating Floyd but I still think Margarito would lose..Margarito has great stamina like Floyd and Cotto doesn't..Floyd and Margarito have some of the best stamina of any fighters these days..Floyd is amazing in the gym and Margarito throws sooo many punches and takes soo many punches and keeps going..I have never seen Floyd tired in the ring..EVER..Does anyone have any training footage of Margarito??I'd really wanna see it..

Trust me,I hate defending Floyd,but it is the truth..
STEVENSKI
I just want to add I wish PBF was dead or in a wheel chair. I was really hoping that would happen at Wrestlemania but Big Show was to much of a pussy to snap his spinal colum. He should have done it in front of his wife & kids & then taunted them mocking their tears.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 28 2008, 10:56 PM) [snapback]402392[/snapback]
I just want to add I wish PBF was dead or in a wheel chair. I was really hoping that would happen at Wrestlemania but Big Show was to much of a pussy to snap his spinal colum. He should have done it in front of his wife & kids & then taunted them mocking their tears.

laugh.gif Can't wait for people's reactions.
D-MARV
Ill choose not to respond to ignorance
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 28 2008, 11:06 PM) [snapback]402394[/snapback]

Damn, I wanted to see your reaction most of all. Well I guess the other 2 Mayweather fans are up.
King Eugene
Brits Singing "THERES ONLY ONE MAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR"
thehype
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 28 2008, 10:00 PM) [snapback]402379[/snapback]
I see this fight being a bit more competitive than most seem to think... If Manny can find a way to make to the later rounds, he may have a chance. But Im leaning towards Oscar by stoppage! My heart will be with Manny Pac though.

Oh, I think it'll be competitive...hell...I think Pacquiao could even outpoint him with his quick hands as he darts in and out for exchanges...I just don't think he'll walk out of there with a decision. Any time Manny tries to flurry, Oscar will flurry right back and regardless of who's really landing the punches, I don't think the judges will be able to tell who landed more so I expect they'll favor Oscar since he'll look competitve against the younger, unstoppable force that is Pacquiao. If the fight goes the distance, Oscar gets the nod unless Manny is able to make it look like a lopsided affair...which I don't think he'll be able to do. Worst case scenario...De La Hoya by controversial split decision...but honestly, I think Oscar will just be too big for Manny...it wouldn't shock me at all to see him dismantle Pacquiao with an ol' school De La Hoya left hook. If De La Hoya starts walking through his punches, Manny is going to have an ugly, ugly night...and De La Hoya will be elevated to the lofty ranking of pound-for-pound king.

thumbsdown_anim.gif
The CEO
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 28 2008, 10:56 PM) [snapback]402392[/snapback]

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT??!!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU??

HOW CAN YOU WISH SUCH HORRIBLE THINGS ON A FELLOW HUMAN BEING??
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 29 2008, 03:06 AM) [snapback]402394[/snapback]

You know why they should call him PBF coz I want to see him Pretty Badly Fucked up getting carried off on a stretcher like Apollo Creed was after Drago whooped him.

His kids wailing & his wifes mascara running whilst she is hysterically shreiking & Larry Merchant skolling Jack Daniels from the bottle cackling like a madman.
BigG
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 29 2008, 02:56 AM) [snapback]402392[/snapback]

PBF accidentally hurt Big Show with a left jab that night haha.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Aug 29 2008, 04:55 AM) [snapback]402404[/snapback]
HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT??!!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU??

HOW CAN YOU WISH SUCH HORRIBLE THINGS ON A FELLOW HUMAN BEING??

Did I not make myself clear? I was probably a bit harsh to wish him dead I just want to see him crippled for life & a burden to his family until his wife leaves him & takes 1/2 his money & he turns to crack.
The CEO
Let me add these.....

You've crossed the line. You're a cold hearted son of a bitch. You have no Soul....

laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 29 2008, 01:00 AM) [snapback]402407[/snapback]
Did I not make myself clear? I was probably a bit harsh to wish him dead I just want to see him crippled for life & a burden to his family until his wife leaves him & takes 1/2 his money & he turns to crack.

Did ah....you know he has no wife?

Aren't you the same kid who use to get beat up by all the flashy and loud mouth kids back in school? Huh.....yea I thought that was you.

Ah now I understand, its cool, go ahead. Please continue the bashing cause I feel your pain.

HEY EVERYBODY please let this man be...he was a victim of Mayweather type kids when he was younger. He cant help himself.

Your excused now Stevenski to make your remarks! The world sends out hugs and kisses to you!
The CEO
Glad to see I didn't kill your action, STEVEN....I just wanted to type things that people have typed to me before.....
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Aug 29 2008, 05:14 AM) [snapback]402409[/snapback]
Did ah....you know he has no wife?

Aren't you the same kid who use to get beat up by all the flashy and loud mouth kids back in school? Huh.....yea I thought that was you.

Ah now I understand, its cool, go ahead. Please continue the bashing cause I feel your pain.

HEY EVERYBODY please let this man be...he was a victim of Mayweather type kids when he was younger. He cant help himself.

Your excused now Stevenski to make your remarks! The world sends out hugs and kisses to you!

Wow!! It's like you just opened up a window in my non existant soul & it bared all.

I could care less about his wife I just wanna see him hurtin & hurtin real good. Maybe being a crippie is not a good idea because he would not feel the pain of his bedsores weeping like his children will.

Maybe I just want to see him in unbelievable agony like if someone smashed his knees to bone pulp or put a drill bit through his ankle I would be mildly satisfied.
JaRaNDa
These are more respectable/realistically/better fights that come to mind for each buisnessmen!
DLH-Margarito
DLH-Trinidad II
DLH-Cotto
DLH-Williams
DLH-Clottey
DLH-Mosley?
DLH-Wright?
DLH-Mayweather II (hate that i'm writing that)

Pacquiao-Marquez III
Pacquiao-Marquez III
Pacquiao-Marquez III
Pacquiao-Guzman
Pacquiao-Casamayor
Pacquiao-Valero
Pacquiao-Campbell
Pacquiao-Diaz
Pacquiao-Katsidis

Let's not give all the bashing to DLH!! Pac is a fuckin bitch himself for taking this fight, based on the fights I listed above!!
we are gettin robbed of many great fights!!!
salvador
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Aug 29 2008, 04:28 AM) [snapback]402419[/snapback]
Let's not give all the bashing to DLH!! Pac is a fuckin bitch himself for taking this fight, based on the fights I listed above!!
we are gettin robbed of many great fights!!!

No, Pac's a brave businessman who's fighting someone who will probably beat the crap out of him/possibly end his career for extra money. From Pac's perspective, this is the risk equivalent of DLH fighting Dawson at 168.

The issue is that DLH could probably make more money fighting Marg (or at least as much, given that Marg would never ask for a similar sized purse) and that DLH chose to fight someone who was fighting at 130 pounds earlier in the year. To me, this is the low point of DLH's career - even lower than the last round of the Tito fight.

Imagine DLH fighting Marg (win or lose), Williams (win or lose), and then Floyd one last time - or maybe even Winky. THAT is how a champion goes out.
The CEO
(The CEO is standing next to Mike Myers on national television, out of nowhere he says...)

"Oscar De La Hoya doesn't care about the real Boxing fans."
JaRaNDa
salvador - No, Pac's a brave businessman who's fighting someone who will probably beat the crap out of him/possibly end his career for extra money. From Pac's perspective, this is the risk equivalent of DLH fighting Dawson at 168.
Well you see that's my point, Pacquaio being considered the p4p best boxer in the world should'nt be a 'buisnessman' he should be a fighting the best out there (his own division would be nice) if he still wants to be called p4p#1 and not fight a rich old man!

..DLH chose to fight someone who was fighting at 130 pounds earlier in the year. To me, this is the low point of DLH's career - even lower than the last round of the Tito fight.

lmfao

Imagine DLH fighting Marg (win or lose), Williams (win or lose), and then Floyd one last time - or maybe even Winky. THAT is how a champion goes out.

Exactly and he even said it himself he wants '3 fights' and wants to fight the best and go out with a bang! Correct me if I'm wrong but was'nt the plan at one stage Mayweather, either Hatton/Trinidad & winner of Cotto-Margs?? how things have changed!
thehype
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Aug 29 2008, 09:46 AM) [snapback]402432[/snapback]
(The CEO is standing next to Mike Myers on national television, out of nowhere he says...)
"Oscar De La Hoya doesn't care about the real Boxing fans."

LMFAO

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 29 2008, 11:04 AM) [snapback]402440[/snapback]
LMFAO

laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 28 2008, 09:56 PM) [snapback]402392[/snapback]

I don't think I should reply to this..I don't like PBF outside the ring at all but I don't know how anyone couldn't like seeing such greatness in the ring..To bet against Floyd is like betting against someone fighting a blind man to win a fight..
streetlion1
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 29 2008, 02:29 PM) [snapback]402464[/snapback]
I don't think I should reply to this..I don't like PBF outside the ring at all but I don't know how anyone couldn't like seeing such greatness in the ring..To bet against Floyd is like betting against someone fighting a blind man to win a fight..

Thats cool except for one thing..as a welter he ran from his toughest challengers....that put an end to his so-called "greatness".
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Sep 2 2008, 07:32 PM) [snapback]402869[/snapback]
Thats cool except for one thing..as a welter he ran from his toughest challengers....that put an end to his so-called "greatness".

Most of his career was under welterweight..He only had 4 offical welterweight fights..So I don't think he could get to all the best welterweights in 4 fights..Yeah he picked some stupid fights though..I like Sharmba Mitchell but he should not have fought him..I guess the only reason he did was to get his feet wet in his first welterweight fight..He fought Baldo because he beat Zab soo I don't know why he fought Zab first even though it was a lot better of a fight then Baldo..He should have fought Hatton at 140 and not 147..So I can see what you're sayin but Zab and Baldo were on the upper part of the Welterweight division at that time(2005-2006)..Margarito was in the mix too in those years but I think Cotto was still coming up and it wasn't till 2007 that he really showed who he was..2007 was the De La Hoya fight..I do wish Floyd of have concentrated on the welterweight division more since it is the deepest division these days..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.