Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DeLaHoya vs. JC Chavez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
GMAN73
Since there is some extreme hate for Oscar DeLaHoya on this forum, I wanted to get some feedback on who would have won between he and Chavez when they were both at their very best. Try and be objective! And Vote in the poll.
kidbazooka1
For people who have seen Chavez at 135lb and not the 140/147lb washed up version that fought DLH know who the winner would be here.

DLH would be taylor made for Chavez he was lean and tall for the weight Julio would pressure him ala Rosario fight pound away at the body and stop him late in the fight. The only advatange I give DLH is speed obviousley but a prime Chavez knew how to nuetralize that. You can also forget about DLH's hook saving him here Oscar hit Chavez with everything but the kitchen sink in there 2nd fight and couldn't put Chavez down and if you watch the 8th rd of that fight you'll see that Chavez was going all out and hanging with DLH this an old shadow of himslef Chavez now just imagine what a prime Julio would do.

I know we have some new boxing fans here that think Chavez of the mid to late 90's was what he was about but they couldn't be more wrong. A prime Chavez would never EVA EVA EVA get stopped he has arguably the greatets chin of all time and had skin like a bull. He was a master bodypuncher, expert at cutting off the ring, and conditioning like a muthaf*cker. Chavez never lost in his prime and DLH wound't be the guy to do it thats for sure.
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Aug 29 2008, 06:14 PM) [snapback]402491[/snapback]
For people who have seen Chavez at 135lb and not the 140/147lb washed up version that fought DLH know who the winner would be here.

DLH would be taylor made for Chavez he was lean and tall for the weight Julio would pressure him ala Rosario fight pound away at the body and stop him late in the fight. The only advatange I give DLH is speed obviousley but a prime Chavez knew how to nuetralize that. You can also forget about DLH's hook saving him here Oscar hit Chavez with everything but the kitchen sink in there 2nd fight and couldn't put Chavez down and if you watch the 8th rd of that fight you'll see that Chavez was going all out and hanging with DLH this an old shadow of himslef Chavez now just imagine what a prime Julio would do.

I know we have some new boxing fans here that think Chavez of the mid to late 90's was what he was about but they couldn't be more wrong. A prime Chavez would never EVA EVA EVA get stopped he has arguably the greatets chin of all time and had skin like a bull. He was a master bodypuncher, expert at cutting off the ring, and conditioning like a muthaf*cker. Chavez never lost in his prime and DLH wound't be the guy to do it thats for sure.

I mean Cmon prime Chavez vs prime Oscar De La Puta, ODLH would get knocked the fuk out.
Chavez fought Puerto Rican hard-hitting Rosario who I think De La Puta wouldve lost by KO against Riosario.
This is a fuken waste of time if u think prime ODLH wouldve of beat JCC.
Slap your fuken self if you think Oscar De La Puta woulve beat Julio Cesar Chavez in their primes.

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
BigG
Hate to say it but I think DLH wins a close decision in their primes.
Landiz_Tha Don
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 29 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]402503[/snapback]
Hate to say it but I think DLH wins a close decision in their primes.

YEAH FAGGET ASS BIGPUSSYGEORGE, YOU HATE TO SAY BECAUSE U FUKEN KNOW JCC WOULD FUK YOUR BOYFRIEND OSCAR DE LA PUTA UP.
NOW STOP FUKEN HATING ON JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ YOU FUKEN FAGGET ASS GEORGE PUSSY.

Landiz_Tha Don

Peace!
BigG
lol..
hardhead
Prime Big G against prime Landiz Tha Don? Who wins?

laugh.gif
BigG
LOL...

I think size just really plays a factor if Chavez was DLH's size then he wins.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 30 2008, 02:58 AM) [snapback]402513[/snapback]
LOL...

I think size just really plays a factor if Chavez was DLH's size then he wins.

LOL your kidding right? But if your seriouse could you please explaine how you think DLH would beat him.

Sh*t I think even DLH himself would admit that he would have lost to a prime Chavez.

BigG
I'm not kidding. Fact is DLH is ALOT bigger and has the quickness to land on Chavez. Sorry Kidbazooka as legendary as Chavez was (i'm a big fan) you do tend to overrate him. He was a machine in his prime but he wasn't unbeatable. I'm not even a DLH fan either but this is Welterweight vs. Lightweight and DLH got a good chin himself.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 30 2008, 04:33 AM) [snapback]402518[/snapback]
I'm not kidding. Fact is DLH is ALOT bigger and has the quickness to land on Chavez. Sorry Kidbazooka as legendary as Chavez was (i'm a big fan) you do tend to overrate him. He was a machine in his prime but he wasn't unbeatable. I'm not even a DLH fan either but this is Welterweight vs. Lightweight and DLH got a good chin himself.

Speed and size nah I don't see how that alone would beat Chavez. Oscar was never a physicaly strong guy he had good speed but his chin was pretty suspect at the lower weights don't know if it was a case of him killing himself to make the weight but he was dropped and rocked agianst lower level opposition. And you can bet DLH won't be able to box for 12rd's he wouldn't make it to end with the pressure that would be coming his way sh*t if he wore himself out in the Tito fight just imagine how tired he would be after a master pressure fighter like Chavez is on his ass for 12 rds.

This has nothing to do with overating if it was Chavez vs Duran that would be another story but DLH did not have what it takes to beat a prime Chavez he would crumple under the pressure.

This board has always been anti Chavez and for a self proclaimed big Chavez fan you sure do have the guy on the losing end of a lot of mythical fights.

Funny this fight was done at boxrec a few years ago and about 99% of the people picked Chavez to win this rather easly yet here no one is willing to give a break down of the fight yet voted for DLH.

Like I said anti Chavez.
PR316
Chavez via decision.

De La Hoya would start fast and his speed would trouble Julio, but by the mid rounds, the relentless pressure starts to work for Chavez and he's making De La Hoya exchange more than he wants to. The championship rounds is all Julio as he pours it on consistently on a tiring De La Hoya whom by then will just be looking to run and survive the way he did against Trinidad.
torvix2000
Sorry to say it, but Chavez still had his granite chin against DLH. But the problem is, DLH was busting his lips. So he quit. It's not about the chin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.