Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: As good as Maragrito is........
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
BoxingStill#1
He will NEVER beat Floyed Mayweather Jr......

After watching Cotto-Marg once again....PBF would make Marg look like a complete amatuer.......
D-MARV
Floyd pot shots his way to a boring UD... But you're right, Floyd will never fight Tony. Floyd is waiting on the Pacqiuao-De La Hoya winner
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 30 2008, 03:15 PM) [snapback]402542[/snapback]
He will NEVER beat Floyed Mayweather Jr......

After watching Cotto-Marg once again....PBF would make Marg look like a complete amatuer.......

I completely agree with you man..PBF would probably win 10 outta the 12 rounds..The craziest part is,all Mayweather would have to do is sit on the ropes and counter..I don't think this would be a boring fight because Margarito would keep coming and Mayweather would keep hittin him with every punch in the book..Floyd has amazing stamina himself,but doesn't ever need it since he is soo relaxed in the ring and doesn't waste punches ever..
PR316
I've always believed this. How anybody could think different about this one is beyond me. It would be very boring with Floyd moving around, jabbing, potshotting with lead rights, tying Margarito up in close, and getting out of the way everytime Tony starts to load up. It would be another boring UD much like the Baldomir fight where Floyd would once again get no credit for his victory and hear from everyone "but you need to fight Paul Williams". The same Williams who has a loss on his record against Quintana, I might add.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(PR316 @ Aug 30 2008, 11:11 PM) [snapback]402609[/snapback]
I've always believed this. How anybody could think different about this one is beyond me. It would be very boring with Floyd moving around, jabbing, potshotting with lead rights, tying Margarito up in close, and getting out of the way everytime Tony starts to load up. It would be another boring UD much like the Baldomir fight where Floyd would once again get no credit for his victory and hear from everyone "but you need to fight Paul Williams". The same Williams who has a loss on his record against Quintana, I might add.

Williams loss to Quintana was a fluke in my opinion..He had a really off day..I have always liked Williams since he first came on the TV scene soo I might be a little biased about the loss..Quintana did however expose Williams more than anyone and set up a blue print that Mayweather would be able to follow but able to do it a lot better..Mayweather never needs a blue print since he makes a new blue print for every fighter he fights and exposes everyone..

I think Mayweather wouldn't tie Margarito up on the inside but pick off his shots and hit him with counters..Also,I think Mayweather would be able to handle both Cotto and Margarito with ease..If Cotto tried to box Mayweather,he would end up looking really stupid and if he tried to fight (setting up everything with a jab) Mayweather,he'd have a better chance..I really like how confident Cotto is with his jab now..His jab would be the money punch against Floyd and I also am starting to think his jab is better than his left hook..

If you have the ability to use your jab as a weapon(bust people up and maybe even stun someone) and not just a pitty pat punch,your jab will no doubt in my mind be your best punch..Cotto has shown both those qualities in his jab,he has busted up people and even knocked down a fazed Gomez with it(who had no business being in the ring with Cotto)..In my opinion,the best weapon against Mayweather is a jab even though you are taking a big chance to get countered with his straight right..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 31 2008, 07:43 AM) [snapback]402665[/snapback]
I kinda see part of what you're saying. I think people put too much stock into the first Williams-Quintana fight. Watching that fight, I thought it was closer than a lot of people thought. I had it like 7-5 or something for Quintana, but to me it looked like an off night and he seemed to have trouble with south paws. I never saw the Mitchell fight, but apparently Mitchell was able to land a lot on Williams also. I kinda ruled the first loss as a mixture of a couple of things:
inexperience, off night and south paw problems and I picked Williams in the rematch. Wasn't wrong.
But about Quintana setting the blue print for Mayweather and Mayweather following up on it is something I see a little differently. With me, I ruled the first fight (Williams-Quintana) as south paw problems and an off night. These are problems that Mayweather can't make Williams replicate IMO. It was more Williams who learnt from the mistakes.
I would actually pick Williams over Mayweather also. I look at the problems Mayweather had early on with Judah and I can't help but think that a bigger and stronger southpaw can do what Judah did but better. That's just me, but a fight I would love to see.

Williams/Mayweather would no doubt be a awesome fight..I think Williams has one huge advantage over everyone at welterweight which is that he always is punching down and everyone else has to punch up..Stamina is a huge thing for anyone fighting Williams because of having to punch up like that..I see what you're sayin about Quintana being a southpaw but Mayweather can switch it up too..Shit,Mayweather can do anything in the ring in my opinion(he doesnt and never would brawl because he is too smart for that)..

Williams still is getting better and will continue to for quite awhile..I think Zab is faster than Williams but Williams has 12 round stamina and can throw a lot of punches in 12 rounds too..Williams should keep improving his jab and than he would really be able to give Floyd more problems if they fight..It'd be a interesting fight for sure to see how Williams would use his height and reach against Floyd..It would be a lot different then the Corrales fight since Corrales killed himself to make weight since he didn't want to fight at that weight anymore but decided to one more time for Floyd..Corrales/Mayweather should have happened at lightweight..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.