Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RUIZ-VALUEV II *SPOILERS*
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Mean Mister Mustard
Valuev beat Ruiz by SD. Scores were 116-111, 116-113 for Valuev and 114-113 for Ruiz. It was a contemporary Heavyweight fight which featured a lot of clinching and flailing. Valuev scored with some flush jaberoos in Ruiz's face while Ruiz best attack was to the body and occasional hooks to Valuev's chrome. All Valuev had was a jab and a weak right hand when he kep Ruiz at a distance. When Jawny got inside there was little Valuev could do but hold. This man. meaning Valuev, is too slow and not a big hitter even for a heavyweight. I expect Chagaev to outbox him again, if he can stop pulling Vitalis and finally fight. Maybe Povetkin can beat him too provided he can stick and move.

Ruiz gave a good account of himself. Given Ruiz's inside mauling style, there was no chance he would dart in and out like Chagaev did against Valuev. At least Ruiz tried winging haymakers in an attempt to KO his opponent. Expect him to re-appear in the future probably upsetting a young undefeated heavyweight.

All in all not much has changed here in the division.
D-MARV
I didnt get a chance to see the fight... Was it a legit decision?

Anyways, Valuev is now the "Current" WBA champ. I say make Valuev-Klitschko at the end of this year or early next year!!!!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 30 2008, 09:50 PM) [snapback]402553[/snapback]
I didnt get a chance to see the fight... Was it a legit decision?

Anyways, Valuev is now the "Current" WBA champ. I say make Valuev-Klitschko at the end of this year or early next year!!!!

Yes, I thought each guy could make an argument. ruiz seemed displeased with the verdict. Valuev landed the most flush shot of the night, which was his jab. I think that caught the eye of the judges more than Ruiz's body attack.

Klit versus Valuev would feature a whole lot of clinching.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 30 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]402554[/snapback]
Yes, I thought each guy could make an argument. ruiz seemed displeased with the verdict. Valuev landed the most flush shot of the night, which was his jab. I think that caught the eye of the judges more than Ruiz's body attack.

Klit versus Valuev would feature a whole lot of clinching.

Yes it will! I heard Ruiz buckled Valuev at one point!
blackbelt2003
Valuev looked very good from rounds 1-6, boxing well and jabbing as good as a chunk of a guy could do.

As the late rounds came, though, he started holding more, and Ruiz just didn't have the skills needed to buck the trend.

Bit of a ho-hum fight, really, but it could have been worse. Klitschko-Valuev would be interesting, but I'm guessing Chagaev will re-win the WBA belt back from Valuev before that happens.

Black
Jack 1000
So are we rid of Ruiz for good? Can we finally petition Don King and the WBA that we don't want to see his grabbing holding ass anymore? LOL!

Jack
JonnyBlaze
Valuev/Klitchko is a fight I want to see too..I mainly just wanna see it to see how Klitchko would handle some who had a major height and weight advantage..Also a reach advantage I think too,Klitchko has really long arms soo I can't be certain..I think there would be a lot of clinching in this fight mainly because whenever there is two guys of that size,there isn't a lot of room left in the ring..haha..So they either clinch or both try to FINALLY show some in-fighting skills..Klitchko would have a major edge on the inside though because of the variety of punches he has..Klitchko does favor his jab,right hand,and left hook the most but does have some uppercuts too..

About Ruiz though,I always hated watching him fight in most of his career,but I do gotta hand it to him when he doesn't clinch a lot..I'd wanna see a Arreola and Ruiz fight to have the PR and Mexican rivalry shown at the heavyweight division..I don't think this has ever happened before since Mexicans and PRs are normal to see at heavyweight..If it has happened,let me know who cause no names come to mind..I can think of more PRs than Mexicans though at heavyweight..Fres Oquendo comes to mind..Ruiz has proven he can be real tough when he actually comes to fight for real and he has a real hard right hand soo it wouldn't surprise me if he shook Valuev..Ruiz that clinches is boring and is probably my least favorite fighter but when he actually comes to fight,he redeems himself enough to not be named my least favorite fighter..He has been fighting more these days since losing Stoney..

Off topic,but Fres Oquendo is a really cool dude..I met him at the Chicago golden gloves and he offered to train me for free and he also gave me his cell number..I talked to him for about 20-30 mins at the golden gloves..He is a little too far out from Chicago though soo I haven't trained with him yet..
Imperius3
Valuev won a UD, not a SD.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Aug 31 2008, 04:16 PM) [snapback]402695[/snapback]
Valuev won a UD, not a SD.

True, apparently the judges made a mistake in tallying the scores.

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headl...EZbqRLhGOH.html
AussieLad
I still want to see Ruiz get his ass KO'd violently, but who amongst the current heavies can lay out the huggy bear?

Hopefully ruiz gets a shot vs someone like Sam Peters
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Aug 31 2008, 05:00 PM) [snapback]402705[/snapback]
I still want to see Ruiz get his ass KO'd violently, but who amongst the current heavies can lay out the huggy bear?

Hopefully ruiz gets a shot vs someone like Sam Peters

Klitchko would KO him very violently..Sam Peter would be a lot easier to clinch than Klitchko..Ruiz would be real stupid to clinch anyway since he'd have to go back on the outside and deal with Klitchko's jab some more..I think Klitchko wouldn't let him near him though using his jab,then ending him with a right..I think Ruiz would know he had to fight Klitchko and not clinch..I think that fight would be way better than Peter/Ruiz where he'd be clinching soo much so Peter didn't land the big shot he'd be looking for..Peter is a easy guy to tie up..
Mean Mister Mustard
GIve Ruiz some credit, the man is tough and he knows how to survive. Getting knocked out by Tua in less than a round hardened him because he chose after that never to be parted from his senses again. But yeah Wlad has the best chance of stopping him than any other heavyweight.
STEVENSKI
This is why I love Jawny. Because you all hate him.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 31 2008, 09:33 PM) [snapback]402713[/snapback]

LOL, well it's not like he gives fans a reason to like him. I laugh when I remember his quote after he un-retired in 2005. "To all those people who wanted me gone, FUCK YOU." Class.
D-MARV
I would actually pick Ruiz to beat Sam Peter!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 31 2008, 09:46 PM) [snapback]402716[/snapback]
I would actually pick Ruiz to beat Sam Peter!

You know what? Me too. Peter has not been knocking guys out like he was early on in his career. That's because A- Knocking guys out by clubbing them gets harder the more experienced they are and B- He's boxing more. But it is mostly due to A.

Peter though, has a nice jab and Ruiz, as he gets older, is slowing down. Thus Peter might have a field trip with the jab. But Ruiz is a tough guy to beat and like I said, expect to see him pull some upsets here and there in the coming years because in today's hevayweight division, a guy like Ruiz can go a long way.
D-MARV
For those that dont know... I hate Samuel Peter. Really can't stand the guy, I would choose alot of fighters over Sam Peter at this point, including, young guys like Kevin Johnson and Chris Arreola!!!

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 1 2008, 01:36 AM) [snapback]402714[/snapback]
LOL, well it's not like he gives fans a reason to like him. I laugh when I remember his quote after he un-retired in 2005. "To all those people who wanted me gone, FUCK YOU." Class.

Didn't know that. My love for Jawny grows stronger.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 31 2008, 08:49 PM) [snapback]402717[/snapback]
You know what? Me too. Peter has not been knocking guys out like he was early on in his career. That's because A- Knocking guys out by clubbing them gets harder the more experienced they are and B- He's boxing more. But it is mostly due to A.

Peter though, has a nice jab and Ruiz, as he gets older, is slowing down. Thus Peter might have a field trip with the jab. But Ruiz is a tough guy to beat and like I said, expect to see him pull some upsets here and there in the coming years because in today's hevayweight division, a guy like Ruiz can go a long way.

Sam Peter hasn't been KOing the highest SKILLED heavyweights..If Sam were to fight a Arreola,it is lights out..Arreola is sooo hyped up its crazy..Peter is more skilled now that he uses his jab to set up shots..Arreola doesn't have a good defense like Toney or Klitchko..Peter did KO Maskaev which was impressive to me even though Oleg is pretty old..Mccline is not a guy you KO unless you're Wlad. Klitchko..Gary Bell also KO'ed him in Mccline's second fight,so that doesn't count..

James Toney will NEVER be KO'ed at heavyweight,unless Wlad. Klitchko could do it..He has the best chance of doing it,but don't think he could..Toney is too hard to hit flush plus now his fat face gives him a lot more padding to absorb punches..
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 31 2008, 11:29 PM) [snapback]402721[/snapback]
Sam Peter hasn't been KOing the highest SKILLED heavyweights..If Sam were to fight a Arreola,it is lights out..Arreola is sooo hyped up its crazy..Peter is more skilled now that he uses his jab to set up shots..Arreola doesn't have a good defense like Toney or Klitchko..Peter did KO Maskaev which was impressive to me even though Oleg is pretty old..Mccline is not a guy you KO unless you're Wlad. Klitchko..Gary Bell also KO'ed him in Mccline's second fight,so that doesn't count..

James Toney will NEVER be KO'ed at heavyweight,unless Wlad. Klitchko could do it..He has the best chance of doing it,but don't think he could..Toney is too hard to hit flush plus now his fat face gives him a lot more padding to absorb punches..

That's true about McCline and Toney being tough guys to take out. But the Maskaev win was not a real KO. He had him in trouble but never out or even down.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 31 2008, 10:39 PM) [snapback]402722[/snapback]
That's true about McCline and Toney being tough guys to take out. But the Maskaev win was not a real KO. He had him in trouble but never out or even down.

True,but we all knew it was about to happen though..Oleg was fucked up..hahaha..Peter is not the best finisher but he is a decent one..He is not the guy ya wanna be in there with if ya got a buzz about ya..I also give Peter props on finding his jab,it'll bring him more success than he has had up to this point...BUT,he won't beat either Klitchko I think..

Only real big punchers have put Klitchko down and Peter has put him down..Brewster,Peter,and Sanders are huge punchers..Also,Sanders being a southpaw with power is basically unheard of at heavyweight..Also,for the hundredth time,Klitchko doesn't have a glass chin,he has a decent chin for a heavyweight..He also is afraid of no one..People will duck punchers but Klitchko doesn't duck anyone..
Mean Mister Mustard
Klit doesn't duck anyone but he needs to tellt he alphabet organizations to shove it. If he fights another lousy mandatory I'll become an official HATER.

About Peter's punching power, he does have decent power. The thing is that coming up he was painted as this huge puncher a la Tyson or Tua. But he's not, he's a clubber bu not a concussive one punch knockout artist.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 31 2008, 11:13 PM) [snapback]402725[/snapback]
Klit doesn't duck anyone but he needs to tellt he alphabet organizations to shove it. If he fights another lousy mandatory I'll become an official HATER.

I completely agree..I will never be a hater though..You can't blame him for his opponents really..Blame the organizations..If he goes against the organizations,he will lose the belts he put so much effort into getting to become the undisputed champ..Ya gotta give him a lot of credit for always wanting a fight another of the champs to unify all the belts..He has made it happen too..2 belts down,2 to go...
BigG
Sorry I can never be a fan of someone who always has an 80 pound weight advantage over opponents come fight time.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 1 2008, 12:20 AM) [snapback]402731[/snapback]
Sorry I can never be a fan of someone who always has an 80 pound weight advantage over opponents come fight time.

Who are you talking about??Valuev??If so,I agree..He is not impressive at all and doesn't have power for his EXTRA weight..All I can say for him is he has gotten better and he has a better jab now..You'd think a 330 lbs guy who is 7'0 would be more of a threat to the heavyweights like Max Baer was in his day..Heavyweights back then were the cruiserweights of today but Maxy would be a heavyweight today still..
D-MARV
I hate Sam Peter.... He sucks ass, big time. F*ck his jab!!!! That sucks too. All his bitch ass knows how to do his punch on the back of his opponents head. F8Ck Him! LOLOL. Im Playing...

Who cares that he put Wladimir down. Good Job Peter, you're on the same level as Davarryl Williamson!!!

I can't wait until Oct 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BYE BYE PETER.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 1 2008, 05:35 AM) [snapback]402736[/snapback]
I hate Sam Peter.... He sucks ass, big time. F*ck his jab!!!! That sucks too. All his bitch ass knows how to do his punch on the back of his opponents head. F8Ck Him! LOLOL. Im Playing...

Who cares that he put Wladimir down. Good Job Peter, you're on the same level as Davarryl Williamson!!!

I can't wait until Oct 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BYE BYE PETER.

D. Williamson is no joke with his right hand..I almost forgot about that knock down..Klitchko has a decent chin for a heavyweight but he has been caught by people's money punch..Almost any heavyweight would go down to the shots that have put Klitchko down..

V. Klitchko has the best chin I've seen on a heavyweight in a long time..If anyone disagrees,go watch the Lennox Lewis fight and watch the right uppercut Klitchko takes and stands up to..I think that was Lennox's best right uppercut ever and definitely one of the hardest punches he had ever landed on anyone..I'd want to hear some names of people you guys think could put him down..I don't think anyone could put him down..We'd need a prime Ernie Shavers to come back and test his chin to see if he could do it..Otherwise I don't think anyone could..You'd have to hit him wreckin ball to put him down..haha...

Peter does need to stop going to the back of people's heads..It is the worst foul to give soo I think he should be fined by the commission if he keeps it up otherwise someone might end up dead..
BigG
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 1 2008, 05:34 AM) [snapback]402732[/snapback]
Who are you talking about??Valuev??If so,I agree..He is not impressive at all and doesn't have power for his EXTRA weight..All I can say for him is he has gotten better and he has a better jab now..You'd think a 330 lbs guy who is 7'0 would be more of a threat to the heavyweights like Max Baer was in his day..Heavyweights back then were the cruiserweights of today but Maxy would be a heavyweight today still..

I don't like these big Heavyweights, Vitali and Valuev...The only big Heavyweight I liked was Riddick Bowe and sometimes Wlad Klitschko.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 1 2008, 08:06 AM) [snapback]402740[/snapback]
I don't like these big Heavyweights, Vitali and Valuev...The only big Heavyweight I liked was Riddick Bowe and sometimes Wlad Klitschko.

Bowe was a medium sized heavyweight in my opinion,when he was in his prime..235 is the perfect weight for Bowe..The smaller heavyweights are 205-220..Then medium would be 221-235(or up to 240)..Everything 240+ are the real big guys..This is just my break down of the small,medium,and large heavys soo obviously its not written in stone..

Wlad. Klitchko,Vitali, Kirk Johnson,and Lennox Lewis are my fav. big heavyweights..Kirk Johnson is probably the fastest heavyweight to fight above 235..Valuev is ridiculous with his weight..I would want to see Valuev at 300 AT LEAST...He should realize that his 330 lbs body is wayyyy too slow..I'm not a fan of Valuev either though..

Do any of you remember the Kirk Johnson KO of Maskaev??Gotta love it..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 31 2008, 08:33 PM) [snapback]402713[/snapback]

OHHHHH SHIT...Look at what I found,some good Ruiz moments..hahaha..Very rare,I know..Take a look..You all will have a few laughs too..

John Ruiz
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 1 2008, 07:34 PM) [snapback]402781[/snapback]
OHHHHH SHIT...Look at what I found,some good Ruiz moments..hahaha..Very rare,I know..Take a look..You all will have a few laughs too..

John Ruiz

LOL, makes him look like an animal. Amazing what editing can do.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 1 2008, 06:34 PM) [snapback]402781[/snapback]

John Ruiz

lol...

Ruiz actually looked older in his earlier fights....I think it's that 'tache.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 2 2008, 08:39 AM) [snapback]402816[/snapback]
LOL, makes him look like an animal. Amazing what editing can do.

Hahahaha,I know..He has had some good KO's in his career though..His early career he actually fought more..The funniest part in those clips is when Stoney is yelling in the corner..It's too bad Stoney isn't in boxing anymore..hahaha..He cracks me up!!Here is the Toney/Ruiz presser..Incase ya all forgot Toney and Stoney getting into it..CLASSIC!!Let me know who you think got the better of the verbal battle..

Toney/Ruiz press con.
D-MARV
LOL... John Ruiz the PIMP!
Mean Mister Mustard
"The ref's in on it. The ref's in on it!"
STEVENSKI
Stoney was the funniest trainer I have ever heard.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 2 2008, 06:32 PM) [snapback]402856[/snapback]
Stoney was the funniest trainer I have ever heard.

AGREEED..He is sooo paranoid everyone is out to get Jawny...

John Ruiz the pimp was TOOOO funny..hahahaha..The "quiet" man turned pimp!!

"Come'on Jawny,get your fuckin hands up"...

I especially liked it after he got kicked outta the Golota fight when he went up to Don King and said the fight was fixed..hahaha..The Golota fight SUCKED but I wanna watch it again to see Stoney say all that shit to Randy Newman..Also,in those clips I put up on here,it was too funny when he ran across the ring and grabbed the other dude's trainer(I forget who it was) and he put his fist up at him like he was ready to bust the other dudes trainer..I think it was in the Golota fight but not sure..
buford54
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 3 2008, 01:04 AM) [snapback]402910[/snapback]
I have always liked Ruiz, just purely to go against the grain and it was funny to see people get so pissed at him.

Though I did legitimately like him for the fact he fought anyone, everyone and anywhere. Not many fighters are capable to do that. I also think it takes a lot to put pride to the side and not be effected what fans and everyone thinks of you. He never changed and continued to do what was necessary to get the win.

I have found myself also getting fond of Ruiz lately, now that he doesn't have a belt and all of his fights are in Germany. Mind you, his fights were hellish to watch (Kirk Johnson & Golota turned off several interested friends to boxing forever), but he really did want to fight everyone and he won more often than not, and has arguably been robbed in his last few fights in Germany. But he keeps on coming back.

The pimp stunt was horrible...but I felt so bad for John. Roy wasn't doing anything to promote the fight, anyone with any sense knew Roy would win easily on styles and John was out there looking like a fool.

BigG
QUOTE(buford54 @ Sep 3 2008, 11:37 AM) [snapback]402951[/snapback]
I have found myself also getting fond of Ruiz lately, now that he doesn't have a belt and all of his fights are in Germany. Mind you, his fights were hellish to watch (Kirk Johnson & Golota turned off several interested friends to boxing forever), but he really did want to fight everyone and he won more often than not, and has arguably been robbed in his last few fights in Germany. But he keeps on coming back.

The pimp stunt was horrible...but I felt so bad for John. Roy wasn't doing anything to promote the fight, anyone with any sense knew Roy would win easily on styles and John was out there looking like a fool.

I used to be a hater...but same here...Todays Ruiz is alright with me.
STEVENSKI
I feel the love for Jawny is growing.
Mean Mister Mustard
Never thought I'd see the day when people would be fond of The Quiet Man. What's next? Stevenski liking PBF?
AussieLad
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 4 2008, 12:52 AM) [snapback]403019[/snapback]
Never thought I'd see the day when people would be fond of The Quiet Man. What's next? Stevenski liking PBF?

Iknow... I'm scared too
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 4 2008, 12:52 AM) [snapback]403019[/snapback]

Never will that happen.
BigG
*Watches John Ruiz entire title regin on youtube*

I take that back, fuck Ruiz
ROLL DEEP
Stevenski right now is dressed up in his hip-hop gear, listening to money mayweather on the stereo, shadowing sparring and practising the shoulder roll defence.

Every now and again, he pretends to throw money into the 'camera' thats recording him laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Sep 4 2008, 06:03 AM) [snapback]403086[/snapback]
Stevenski right now is dressed up in his hip-hop gear, listening to money mayweather on the stereo, shadowing sparring and practising the shoulder roll defence.
Every now and again, he pretends to throw money into the 'camera' thats recording him laugh.gif

laugh.gif I await his Mayweather avatar.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 4 2008, 04:12 AM) [snapback]403078[/snapback]
*Watches John Ruiz entire title regin on youtube*

I take that back, fuck Ruiz

HAHAHAHAHA..Way too much clinching then..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Sep 4 2008, 10:03 AM) [snapback]403086[/snapback]

OK OK OK I admit it you caught me out. I am a closet PBF fan & have my walls covered with his image. I just wanna be like Floyd.
BigG
Wow, Valuev sure does hold alot. I officially hate this big ape...I can't believe it, you have a fucking 70-80 pound advantage over Ruiz, and you still barely win amd never hurt him.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 4 2008, 09:39 PM) [snapback]403199[/snapback]
Wow, Valuev sure does hold alot. I officially hate this big ape...I can't believe it, you have a fucking 70-80 pound advantage over Ruiz, and you still barely win amd never hurt him.

The only time Valuev really hurts any of the top heavyweights is when he leans on them..I saw Valuev fight Barrett live and Barrett was doing good but go wore down because of Valuev holding and leaning on him soo much..That has to be killer on your legs to have a dude who weighs around 100 lbs more than you leaning all over you for most of the fight..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.