Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lamon Brewster
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze
Hey,did anyone see the Lamon Brewster fight??If so,how was it??
D-MARV
Didn't see it but talked to someone who did and he told me that Brewster didn't look to good until the round he KO'D him.
Imperius3
From Boxrec:

"Ex-WBO heavyweight champion Lamon Brewster made a successful comeback after a year of inactivity with a win over Danny Batchelder. Brewster started slow, and Batchelder used an active jab early to give a good account of himself. Brewster's jabs began to come in faster and more accurate by the third, however, and Batchelder began to fade. A counter right hand from Brewster over a slow Batchelder left dropped Batchelder for the ten count in round 5. This bout was the main event of an eight bout card in the first promotion of 'Lamon Brewster's Relentless Events'."
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Aug 31 2008, 02:54 PM) [snapback]402694[/snapback]
From Boxrec:

"Ex-WBO heavyweight champion Lamon Brewster made a successful comeback after a year of inactivity with a win over Danny Batchelder. Brewster started slow, and Batchelder used an active jab early to give a good account of himself. Brewster's jabs began to come in faster and more accurate by the third, however, and Batchelder began to fade. A counter right hand from Brewster over a slow Batchelder left dropped Batchelder for the ten count in round 5. This bout was the main event of an eight bout card in the first promotion of 'Lamon Brewster's Relentless Events'."

Nice,thanks a lot for the info..Lamon has given the heavyweight division a lot of excitement and I'm glad to see he is back and getting his skills back together again..There are a lot of fights that would be good for him..I got to see him KO Golota(in person)in the first round for the fastest KO in heavyweight TITLE history(correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this is true)..Lamon does have one of the best KO percentages at heavyweight soo I know know why anyone would say Klitchko has a glass chin from being KO'ed by Brewster..

One of the best fights in recent history was in the heavyweight division...YES,THATS RIGHT..Brewster/Lyakvhovich was insane and I'm surprised no one died..Brewster did have the retina problem which was very serious but someone definitely could have died..I really hope Lamon is thinking of a rematch for that fight to show everyone he is better then Lyakvhovich..This fight was like the classic heavyweights going at it..The difference is though,that Brewster and Ly. are bigger than most heavyweights back in the day..So,I hope none of you have forgotten that fight!!
thehype
He didn't look very good to me.
woooooo
QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 31 2008, 08:15 PM) [snapback]402710[/snapback]

Neither did your draft to me.

haha.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 31 2008, 08:15 PM) [snapback]402710[/snapback]

Well it was his first fight back in awhile..
D-MARV
Lamon Brewster would KO Sam Peter!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 1 2008, 05:39 AM) [snapback]402737[/snapback]
Lamon Brewster would KO Sam Peter!

Damnnnn,I never even thought of that fight..That would be a really sweet fight..I think Brewster and the Klitchkos have the best chance of doing that..Brewster is a beast!!I think about Mccline/Peter and that fight just makes me think really weird..How was Mccline able to put him down??Mccline isn't that big of a puncher but Mccline is good..In my opinion,Klitchko softened Peter up real good for everyone now..He buckled Peter's legs and if they fight again,Peter is getting KO'ed for sure..Peter has/had a real good chin and took quite a few of Klitchko's bombs..I think after Peter went though hell with Klitchko,it makes him not want to feel like that again so he'll go down now instead of work through it..This has happened to A LOT of fighters..They go into hell basically and never wanna visit again soo they go down to either clear their head or to give in to the opponent and lose the fight..

Talkin about all this makes me wonder about Cotto..Cotto has something to prove to all of us now..I think Cotto is a different guy now after Margarito and will be more willing to go down(just my opinion)..Cotto might just need to get his confidence back though after his first loss..We can't be sure till he comes back though..
LeeGenius
Brewster sucks. I watched the guy given a gift decision over Kali Friggin Mehan.
BigG
I like Brewster. He is a really nice and humble guy. I'd love to see him win a title again.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 1 2008, 03:38 PM) [snapback]402763[/snapback]
I like Brewster. He is a really nice and humble guy. I'd love to see him win a title again.

Agreed,Brewster has one of the best attitudes in boxing..I bet him,Holyfield,and Foreman would be really good friends if they aren't already..I just don't think he'll be able to beat Klitchko ever again..Klitchko knows how to save himself for the later rounds now..I think when Klitchko became less aggressive,he realized he could last a lot longer..Klitchko is a completely different guy in the ring now than he was back then..
thehype
QUOTE(woooooo @ Aug 31 2008, 09:20 PM) [snapback]402711[/snapback]
Neither did your draft to me.

haha.gif

Gay.

This is a boxing forum...if you want to talk fantasy football smack, take it to the right forum...or better yet, post an article in the league if you're brave enough to do it.

And for the record, of course it didn't look good to you...you're biased and the only team your'e going to be impressed with is your own.

But I'll gladly put Tony Romo, Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson up against Drew Brees, LaDainian Tomlinson, Braylon Edwards and Calvin Johnson any day of the week.

Hell...I'll even go out on a limb right now and say that Randy Moss gets more touchdowns AGAIN this year than LaDainian Tomlinson.

haha.gif
thehype
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 1 2008, 12:13 AM) [snapback]402726[/snapback]
Well it was his first fight back in awhile..

No need for an excuse...I'm just saying...I was there and he didn't look that good to me. He was loading up on the right hand all night...didn't use his jab enough...ate a lot of 1-2's from Batchelder...he looked a bit slow and frustrated at times. I guess since the division is HORRIBLE, he might still be a player, but I certainly don't see him beating a Sam Peter. Toney beats him, I think Rahman will beat him...in fact, truth be told, he might be a perfect opponent for David Haye to look good against.

I like the guy, but I don't see him winning anymore titles...not unless he changes his style DRASTICALLY.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(thehype @ Sep 2 2008, 10:55 AM) [snapback]402822[/snapback]
No need for an excuse...I'm just saying...I was there and he didn't look that good to me. He was loading up on the right hand all night...didn't use his jab enough...ate a lot of 1-2's from Batchelder...he looked a bit slow and frustrated at times. I guess since the division is HORRIBLE, he might still be a player, but I certainly don't see him beating a Sam Peter. Toney beats him, I think Rahman will beat him...in fact, truth be told, he might be a perfect opponent for David Haye to look good against.

I like the guy, but I don't see him winning anymore titles...not unless he changes his style DRASTICALLY.

This is my problem with Brewster too..He does tend to load up on punches instead of setting them up more..Where was the fight at Hype??How come ya don't think Brewster could be Peter??I am thinking Brewster from the Lycov. fight up against Peter..I agree Toney would whoop him based on his skill but Toney NEEDS to come to fight in shape..I'm sick of hearing about him on steroids and seeing him coming in wayyyy overweight..He should fight at 220..

David Haye would have to be told he's in for a long night if Brewster and him got in the ring cause I don't see Brewster going down against more than half the heavyweights..It would be a cool fight to see..If Haye got caught by Brewster it's lights out..Mormeck put him down,Brewster would put him to sleep..hahaha..I do see Haye landing a lot of 1-2s on Brewster though..Brewster has the most problems with straight punches(makes me think of the Klitchko fight)..Hopefully Brewster will get the rust off and come as his old self..I wonder if he was thinking about his eye at all..A detached retina would be a crazy injury to ever have..Brewster is a beast no matter what though..haha..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.