Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Couture vs Lesnar at UFC 91
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
AussieLad
Man, talk about throwing the new guy to the wolves...

Lesnars performance vs Herring was pretty good, but he still showed he has no finishing skills. He needs major work on finishing his fights before getting in the octagon with the likes of randy
PUERTOROCKS
Brock is gonna destroy Randy, he is just way to strong.
JD
I freely admit that I am a neophyte in the MMA world, but with that said...this reeks of Dana White feeding Couture to Lesnar in order to make Brock huge.

Lesnar is so much bigger, stronger and even faster...Couture is old and so inactive and never had much of a stand-up.

I dunno...call me crazy, but I am going with Lesnar.
Douchebag
Randy is going school Brock. I will be surprised if Brock gets one take down on Randy and even more surprised if he can do any damage to him IF he gets him on the ground. Make no mistake Randy is going to school him just like he did Sylvia who would KO Brock if they where to fight.
AussieLad
Randy will have trouble using the grinding style up against the cage he used against Sylvia when he faces lesnar, simply because of brocks size and wrestling ability. I expect to see randy trying to keep his distance to strike, but when they do get in close alot of standing clinches and dirty boxing greco style.

I wouldnt be surprised at all to see lesnar take randy down though. He has a fair bit of explosive speed on his charges for a big man. It will come down to whether he can stay on top of couture once he gets him down, that will determine who wins.

I'm going with randy
jp
Brock is 1-1 in the UFC and 2-1 in MMA, I don't see anyway he comes in and beats Couture (even a 45yr old version of him). Randy has the advantage in every category except size and strength but he's made a career out of beating bigger stronger guys so I don't see how this plays out any different, especially with somebody with almost no MMA experience. The UFC is going to ring the register in a major way on this fight and that's the only reason why they can justify giving Lesnar a title shot after 2 fights.
King Eugene
Yep, dont see this one going the distance!
STEVENSKI
It's win win especially for that piece of trash Dana.

Lesnar wins? A bona fide superstar who will sell PPV's beating a legend of the sport.

Randy wins? The old man becomes a crossover star & recognised giant killer who will sell even more PPVs.

Whatever result Dana will be getting a Maybach to cruise the strip clubs in.
AussieLad
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 4 2008, 02:30 AM) [snapback]403043[/snapback]
It's win win especially for that piece of trash Dana.

Lesnar wins? A bona fide superstar who will sell PPV's beating a legend of the sport.

Randy wins? The old man becomes a crossover star & recognised giant killer who will sell even more PPVs.

Whatever result Dana will be getting a Maybach to cruise the strip clubs in.

Well, if thats the case its a short term plan if randy wins, He only has a couple of fights left on his contract, one of which will be matching the winner of Mir vs Noguiera. If randy wants to fight fedor while he still has some life left in those old bones, he needs to ditch the UFC as soon as his contract expires.

He should never have taken so much time off. He could have already satisfied those obligations by now and been a free agent in time to fight the winner of arlovski vs fedor under the affliction banner
Devo
... I believe this match-up is actually a freak-show pickem', it's Lesnars MMA inexperience & lack of standup vs. olde age & inactivity ...barring a bloody stopage, it comes down to ...."Can Brock take down Papa & play on top for 15 minutes" ...? Couture will be favored so watch the board gamers .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.