Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aimr Khan
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Bazooka Limon
TKO in 1.
D-MARV
OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif clapping.gif
D-MARV
The dude Khan fought is 20-0 with 18 KOs!!!!!

He might be the GOODS!
Maxy
Said it all along. The guy is chinny and that is that for him. 51 seconds and it's goodnight Amir.

He'll never be a world class fighter.
D-MARV
I would pay PPV money to see the look on Frank Warren's face!
Bazooka Limon
I spelled his name wrong on the topic. It must of been of all the excitement of the fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Bazooka Limon @ Sep 6 2008, 06:42 PM) [snapback]403358[/snapback]
I spelled his name wrong on the topic. It must of been of all the excitement of the fight.

LOL I didnt notice that!!!!! I must have been excited as well. You know, I have nothing against Amir, I just can't stand Frank Warren!
Maxy
It was always obvious that he had no chin. The thing that gets me is why did Warren match him with a fighter who had 19 straight wins and 17 knockouts? If he wanted to earn a little more cash from Amir, surely he would've avoided putting him in with a puncher?

Khan said he made a "little mistake" but the truth is he just doesn't have a chin. Credit to Prescott, he looks pretty decent and the punches that finished Khan were nice but Amir Khan was exposed a long time ago for me so this isn't any sort of shock.

Over here they are all acting stunned but I reckon thats gotta be just saving face to be honest. The Khan gravy train will now continue against bums with no punch but I predict even one of them wil knock him out.
D-MARV
Prescott was the guy who fought on ESPN like 2 months ago! He hard hitting but really not all that good. He punches wayyyyyyyyy to wide!
BigG
I always knew Khan was real chinny so it's not surprising he was KO'd by a puncher...but still kinda shocking, considering he was UK's top prospect.
gods son
khan got f ukked!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3-jd3j_Wo
D-MARV
Here's the fight
D-MARV
QUOTE(gods son @ Sep 6 2008, 06:57 PM) [snapback]403364[/snapback]

oh shit you beat me to it!
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 6 2008, 05:57 PM) [snapback]403363[/snapback]
I always knew Khan was real chinny so it's not surprising he was KO'd by a puncher...but still kinda shocking, considering he was UK's top prospect.

Nah man he did good in the Olympics but boxing fans always knew this kid had no chin and was never gonna make it big in the pro ranks.

I'm just delighted he got sparked in his first PPV fight. Sky Sports had been building him up ever since they signed him and now he's fucked.

Loving it.
gods son
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 6 2008, 06:01 PM) [snapback]403366[/snapback]
oh shit you beat me to it!

this was a huge blow for British Boxing..but it is what it is, Khan is not world class.
BigG
I'm sure to the casual fan, he was the next big star that would be selling out stadiums. Oh well, his promoter needs to keep him away from punchers and try to rebuild him.
D-MARV
I knew Khan was gonna get KOd soon! BUt Im still kind of shocked. I thought it would have happen in a life or death, all out, battle, late in the fight!

NOT IN 51 sec...LOL
Maxy
Casual fans maybe.

The general consensus was that Khan had no chin and whoopee doo he got found out.....as if we didn't already know.
Maxy
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 6 2008, 06:16 PM) [snapback]403370[/snapback]
I knew Khan was gonna get KOd soon! BUt Im still kind of shocked. I thought it would have happen in a life or death, all out, battle, late in the fight!

NOT IN 51 sec...LOL

If you saw the Willie Limond fight you'd know the writing was on the wall...add the Gomez fight to that. 51 seconds is quick but shit, it was coming.
D-MARV
I didn't have the pleasure of watching the Limond fight!
I heard he was hurt on numerous occasions though!
Mean Mister Mustard
When I saw this thread I thought it was Khan who had won. And I was thinking "So he KO'd an unbeaten guy. He musn't have been very good because why would they pit a good prospect against Khan." Then I continued reading and found out.

It's a bit of a shame because he is talented and a good attraction and god knows boxing needs attractions. But good for Prescott for beating the favourite and doing it spectacularly. What is with Colombians and power? Is it in their genes?
AussieLad
So is the colombian a player in the division now? His power looks legit, but then khan has a glass jaw so its hard to judge, this is the first time ive seen him in action

Guess its too early to tell
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Sep 6 2008, 08:33 PM) [snapback]403378[/snapback]
So is the colombian a player in the division now? His power looks legit, but then khan has a glass jaw so its hard to judge, this is the first time ive seen him in action

Guess its too early to tell

That is a good question. On the one hand this guy is a typical Colombian puncher who has not faced anyone of note, apart from Khan of course. Now Khan, weak chin or not, is still an outstanding fighter and beat some good prospect fodder along the way. And while he has been dropped no one had kept him down before. So I say he, the Colombian, can become a contender along the lines of a Ricardo Torres and that is not bad at all.
kidbazooka1
The Colombian dude is a pretty tough guy he's not the most skilled but his power is legit. As for Khan i don't think he'll be tha same again it's gonna take alot of work to come back from a brutal KO like that.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Even though the fight lasted a ridiculously short time to me it looked like the Colombian was hurting him with every shot. I thought Khan winced a little when he took the first hook to the body.

The other 'problem' now is that Frank Warren will probably keep Khan in with journeymen for at least another 18 months to 2years while they try to convince the public that Amir just had an off night.

Even though the fight only went 50 seconds what's the bet the trainer gets the bullet? LOL.

Losing trainer = fall guy.
Fitz
Well that's a relief. It would have been far more annoying to see him hyped up more and see this happen in a bigger fight. Saves a lot of time. Now for Andre Ward..........
BigG
Andre Ward is the truth....he's actually really improving fight after fight.
Fitz
I haven't seen any of his recent fights, but yeah. From what I saw a while back, not overly impressed.
BigG
He wasn't impressive early in his career..basically he also has a suspect chin and he was hurt in 2 fights.and he fought with his hands down...but now he is fighting smarter, hands up, and more polished. Plus the guy is REALLY humble, quiet type guy. I'm rooting for him to make it.
D-MARV
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 6 2008, 09:23 PM) [snapback]403389[/snapback]
Even though the fight lasted a ridiculously short time to me it looked like the Colombian was hurting him with every shot. I thought Khan winced a little when he took the first hook to the body.

Agreed! He was hurt by a the first Jab that Prescott landed!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 6 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]403420[/snapback]
Agreed! He was hurt by a the first Jab that Prescott landed!

Yeah that jab put him back on his heels a bit.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 6 2008, 10:28 PM) [snapback]403392[/snapback]
Well that's a relief. It would have been far more annoying to see him hyped up more and see this happen in a bigger fight. Saves a lot of time. Now for Andre Ward..........

Im with you on that one Fitz Ward will be the next one to get KTFO and thats coming from someone who lives in the same town as Andre.
The Ring Dictator
Well... I can't say that I'm suprised. Here's what I wrote on dec 13th 2007 after he'd fought Earl.

[...]There's a naivete about his defense which is rather common with fighters that possess great speed. A less impressed, poised fighter, would punish him without mercy at this point. Hard work and experience needed. His chin(?) is propably what worries me the most. Even though Khan was very quick to recover, someone as mediocre as Willie Limond (28 win 8 KO:s) were able to drop him. Not a good sign.

The overhyped Khan is officially dead. Welcome to proboxing little boy. thumbsup_anim.gif
EpTXCHAMP
this reminded me of kostya against zab. Who was hyped as the next best thing then bam! never was the same what a shame same thing will prob happen here to khan
blackbelt2003
There's two lines of thought here. One is that Khan's chin IS less than sturdy and that is just no good for world level competition.

The other line of thought is that Khan is only 21. Now, sometimes you can get a guy who is 21 coming on 31, like Tyson was, but Khan is still really a little boy. He has no neck, no physical strength, no resilience, he's built more like a 16 year old who's played with weights a bit.

Perhaps, in four or five years time, as he develops more physical strength and becomes a man he'll develop more punch resistance. Lots of fighters look a little shaky when they're young up-and-comers, but develop into mature, sturdy champions, and it's possible that Khan, whilst he'll never be Jake LaMotta, could well become a lot tougher.

I was going to say this is horrible for boxing, because we need all the stars we can get...but then the upset is also part of boxing, and this KO will have the boxing world talking more than a UD10 Khan would have.

There's always another little star round the corner, and for us Brits I think it might be James DeGale, the olympic champ.

Black
Maxy
For me there is absolutely no way Amir Khan will ever become a world force. He doesn't just have a suspect chin, his chin is akin to somebody like Errol Christie. He has no punch resistance.

Last night he was hurt by the first jab Prescott landed and although admittedly the punches that finished him were very good, the writing was always on the wall when concerning his chin. Limond exposed it first, then Gomez did a similar thing and last night Prescott confirmed what must of us already knew.

I watched the fight last night via a stream because there was no way I would pay 15 to see an unproven fighter box somebody I'd never heard of until he was lined up to box Khan.

It was terrible match making by Warren, who should have known better than to put his cash cow in with any sort of puncher. Like someone already said though, better to have happened now rather than later. Delighted the Khan myth has been fully put to bed.

blackbelt2003
QUOTE(Maxy @ Sep 7 2008, 11:28 AM) [snapback]403518[/snapback]
For me there is absolutely no way Amir Khan will ever become a world force. He doesn't just have a suspect chin, his chin is akin to somebody like Errol Christie. He has no punch resistance.

Last night he was hurt by the first jab Prescott landed and although admittedly the punches that finished him were very good, the writing was always on the wall when concerning his chin. Limond exposed it first, then Gomez did a similar thing and last night Prescott confirmed what must of us already knew.

I watched the fight last night via a stream because there was no way I would pay 15 to see an unproven fighter box somebody I'd never heard of until he was lined up to box Khan.

It was terrible match making by Warren, who should have known better than to put his cash cow in with any sort of puncher. Like someone already said though, better to have happened now rather than later. Delighted the Khan myth has been fully put to bed.

I mostly agree. Sometimes you get guys with average chins use their skills to become world forces...but it's doubtful Khan is ever going to stay around longer than a few rounds with a decent hitter like Nate Campbell or Joel Casamayor, let alone a Manny Pacquiao.

I can see Warren guiding him to a vacant WBO title fight, which, of course, outside of Warren-land is about equal to being British champ.

In fact, Khan beating John Murray for the British title would be more of an accomplishment than beating TBA for the vacant WBO belt.

Black
ROLL DEEP
Wow.....what a KO.

1. Khan was hurt by EVERYTHING Prescott threw at him. The jab stopped him in his tracks and buckled his legs a little. Is it because he's only 21? 'Natural' power and resistance doesn't come about until you're well into your 20's. I think it's due to Khan being young and having a shit chin.

2. I personally don't think Khan will do any good. His confidence must be now completely shot. Having a bad chin AND being knocked out? Khan's future does not look good.

I like (or liked) Khan....he was good for boxing, a nice humble lad, but thats it now. He may fight for a WBU world title or something, but I doubt very much if he will acheive anything of note.
Mean Mister Mustard
Re-watched the fight and interesting to see that the first hook that wobbled him was somewhere in the temple, then the other hook put him on his ass. And after he got up he tried to trade with Prescott instead of clinching.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 6 2008, 09:23 PM) [snapback]403389[/snapback]
Even though the fight only went 50 seconds what's the bet the trainer gets the bullet? LOL.

Losing trainer = fall guy.

it's too bad he can't fire his chin.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 7 2008, 11:47 AM) [snapback]403542[/snapback]
Re-watched the fight and interesting to see that the first hook that wobbled him was somewhere in the temple, then the other hook put him on his ass. And after he got up he tried to trade with Prescott instead of clinching.

I noticed that also, Mean Mister. I guess the home crowd jinx came into play, because Khan was just too anxious to satisfy the crowd and replenish his ego after he got clipped the first time.

First rule of thumb when you're in the ring with a puncher is to respect his power. And Khan had absolutely no respect for Prescott's power and paid dearly.

Poor choice made by warren .......... If you're going to put your man {Who has always had a suspect chin} in with a severe KO puncher, at the very least ...... stress staying away from crazy exchanges with the guy. Khan rushed out at the opening bell ...... rushed out again after getting knocked down and didn't seem to have a plan at all, on how to handle a very dangerous fighter.
!
Poor match-up
Poor advice prior to the opening bell
Poor approch to fighting a dangerous fighter

all the above = An embarassing KO .........

!
gods son
I saw few interviews with Warren, he didn't look super stress as usual when one of his top Fighters took a loss? Maybe he knows he and the Khan entourage will part ways?

Ive seen Prescott fight prior to yesterday's bout, and wasn't impressed, he is slow, and not eqipped with great skill..Khan came in like an idiot and got caught, and paid the price! This is why i see Khan failing to progress to a world stage, because he cannot absorb a Punch in this division!

Warren has now rescheduled Khan's next fight in Birmingham for December the 6th, he was meant to feature in the De la Hoya - PAC card, but thats now blown out!!

I cannot still believe how early in Khan's career he suffered a LOSS like this..OUCH!!!

STEVENSKI
Never impressed with Khan. Always thought he was a Naseem Hamed fighter, all bluff & bullshit but I was wrong he was nowhere near Hamed's level not even close. Another hoax perpetrated by Warren.
Jack 1000
God Damn!!!! Prescott-Khan was a great KO!

AWESOME There are certain types of KO's that I like the best:

1.) I LOVE Frank Warren's fighters getting KTFO because of how he protects and pads their records most of the time.

2.) I loved Tua beating the shit out of John Ruiz in 22 seconds. (Best 22 seconds in boxing.)

3.) I loved Judah getting KTFO by Tszyu because I don't like overly arrogant fighters, and notice how it quieted Max Kellerman about how great Zab was.

4.) I loved Roy Jones getting smashed by Tarver for the same reasons as #3.

5.) I would love to see Mayweather KTFO like Khan just was or like Judah was against Tszyu or Jones was against Tarver!

Jack
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Sep 9 2008, 09:08 PM) [snapback]403742[/snapback]
God Damn!!!! Prescott-Khan was a great KO!

AWESOME There are certain types of KO's that I like the best:

1.) I LOVE Frank Warren's fighters getting KTFO because of how he protects and pads their records most of the time.

2.) I loved Tua beating the shit out of John Ruiz in 22 seconds. (Best 22 seconds in boxing.)

3.) I loved Judah getting KTFO by Tszyu because I don't like overly arrogant fighters, and notice how it quieted Max Kellerman about how great Zab was.

4.) I loved Roy Jones getting smashed by Tarver for the same reasons as #3.

5.) I would love to see Mayweather KTFO like Khan just was or like Judah was against Tszyu or Jones was against Tarver!

Jack

Jack is my kind of man. I want to see PBF get dropped like a bad habit. Pity he "retitred" without fighting any of the comp at welter.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Sep 9 2008, 04:08 PM) [snapback]403742[/snapback]
I loved Tua beating the shit out of John Ruiz in 22 seconds. (Best 22 seconds in boxing.)

19 seconds Jack. All it took was 19 glorious seconds.
blackbelt2003
Imagine this:

Replace Amir Khan with Floyd Mayweather Jr and Breidis Prescott with Antonio Margarito.

Now imagine that first knockdown. Imagine Floyd getting up all kooky and buzzed.

Now that glorious second knockdown, Mayweather all crumpled up in the corner.

OMG I think I just wee'd a little, I'm that excited.

Black
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Sep 9 2008, 05:08 PM) [snapback]403742[/snapback]

We can all hope but I highly doubt this will never happen..It's basically the same as trying to KO James Toney except Toney has a better chin..Toney and Floyd are masters at making a punch not land flush..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.