Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juarez vs. Barrios: Round by Round and Postfight 9:15 CST HBO
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on going discussions about Juarez-Barrios.

Jack

Administrator
BigG
Crowd behind Rocky..
The CEO
Barrios up 2-0...but he has a quick sweller on his right eye....
The CEO
Barrios gets a point deducted for a low blow...I agree with the commentators...unwarranted...horrible decision....

2-0-1 Barrios
The CEO
Man...I got it 4-0-1 Barrios....his corner did a great job of controlling the damaged right eye.....Rocky's just too tentative...Barrios acting like he's not concerned about Juarez' power at all....

Juarez better start warming up like rightnow.
Mean Mister Mustard
Barrios is doing the thing every opponent of Juarez should do. MOVE. You do that and you got half the fight in the bag. Juarez cannot handle movement.
The CEO
Barrios is moving well...but punching like a drunken brawler...he's running the show though....Juarez is fighting like he's got a stick up his ass....if you remember his fights against Barrera...imagine him being twice as tight....that's how he's fighting...

You could maybe give the 6th to Juarez...Barrios up 6-0-1 in my book...
Mean Mister Mustard
That's one of the reasons why his punches are borderline low. Because undisciplined punchers have shitty accuracy, kinda like beginners in Gyms, they hit a lot of testicle when they start out.
The CEO
What the fuck?...this ref, Ramos, is totally on Juarez' side....took another point for a beltline blow...7-0-2 BARRIOS.
Mean Mister Mustard
I get the feeling Barrios might get robberd here. He's outworking Juarez but not landing clean enough shots to avoid a steal.
gods son
what a round!!!
Barrios has some kick ass work rate!
The CEO
Barrios is gassed, but still throwing tons of punches...Juarez hurt him to the body a few times in the 10th.....he might come back here...finally getting interesting...
BigG
That's some fucked up reffing
Mean Mister Mustard
Talk about a miracle for Juarez. What was Barrios doing trading anyway?
BigG
I'm sorry, I just can't be a fan of Juarez....
The CEO
Oh shit...fight is stopped....Barrios was fighting with his mouth open and his lip got fucking ripped.....Juarez knocked Barrios down....they inspected Barrios' lip and stopped it.

and Juarez wins by TKO....wow....that's tough luck...Barrios really wanted to win tonight....he was fighting through the fatigue like a champion...

I can't like him either, G....
gods son
this deserves a rematch.
D-MARV
His mouth is literally ripped open!!!!
BigG
Rematch!
D-MARV
REMATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mean Mister Mustard
Did you hear those scorecards? They had Juarez winning.
BigG
WTF is with Juarez always having the refs on his side?

First against Raheem now against Barrios....
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 6 2008, 11:13 PM) [snapback]403416[/snapback]
WTF is with Juarez always having the refs on his side?

First against Raheem now against Barrios....

You just mentioned 2 examples Big G, that's not always.

But you could tell they were going to give him the dec.
BigG
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 7 2008, 03:12 AM) [snapback]403415[/snapback]
Did you hear those scorecards? They had Juarez winning.

I knew there was homecooking involved...more reason I wanted Barrios to win.
The CEO
What were the cards? I missed that....no way in Hell Juarez should have been ahead....
The CEO
Nevermind....seeing them now....95-93, 96-92, 94-94...all for Juarez....that fucking STINKS!
D-MARV
Scorecards were terrible!!! Barrios was gonna get robbed anyways! thumbsdown_anim.gif fuk.gif

D-MARV
Did HBO just say Maskaev-Peter were one of the fights of the year???? rolleyes.gif
BigG
Truth is its better than most HW fights this year and thats sad
Mean Mister Mustard
Unless Diaz decides to box, this will be a great fight. It will be hard to top Vasquez-Marquez 3 but if anyone can it's these guys.
FenderDG3
The ref and judges were full of shit tonight. I'm amazed that Juarez was able to finished off a gassed Barrios with how cautious he fights.
BigG
Barrios pulled a Margarito and went all out and gassed himself out..left himself open to body shots in round 10. Oh well, as mention, he was going to get robbed anyway, which is BS..ref/judges def. favored Rocky.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 6 2008, 11:31 PM) [snapback]403432[/snapback]
Barrios pulled a Margarito and went all out and gassed himself out..left himself open to body shots in round 10. Oh well, as mention, he was going to get robbed anyway, which is BS..ref/judges def. favored Rocky.

It has to be heartbreaking for a fighter to train for months and put on a good performance in the ring, only to lose by a cut and then seeing that the idiot judges did not even give you credit for it.
salvador
Seriously,

Americans, of which I am a proud and grateful one, spend a lot of time bitching about the horrible ref jobs in England/Europe, but tonight was an important reminder that boxing is a totally corrupt sport all around the world. Even here. Especially here.

If HBO had any integrity whatsoever, it would get a judge to freeze the bank accounts of all involved tonight - the promoters, the lawyers of the promoters, the judges, the refs, and all HBO executives. That was sickening. Two points was sickening. And any judge that had Juarez up in that fight was sickening.

BigG
I hope he gets a rematch...well, it was a pretty good fight. Barrios went all out because his corner told him he was behind! Well they were right...should have stuck to his original gameplan.
Fitz
Does anybody else find Juarez as a whole just bland and uninteresting?
thefloatingmonkey
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 6 2008, 08:42 PM) [snapback]403439[/snapback]
Does anybody else find Juarez as a whole just bland and uninteresting?

Juarez is extremely bland and uninteresting. When they were talking about Juarez being in the gym working on his defense, I was thinking that he should have been working on his offense. The guy just doesn't throw enough punches. He will never win a "real" title with the work rate of his last few fights (although I think he did a little better in the Marquez fight with letting his hands go)
Bazooka Limon
Rematch. Anywhere but Texas.
RayFanofRealBoxers
I was rooting for Barrios to win tonight. He looked like a totally different fighter.
Going to trainer Rudy Perez has really made an impact on Barrios. He was relentless. I give him an A for effort.

This time he looked like the Mexican fighter tonight. More than the Mexican. Props to the Argentino for throwing 1006 punches. The crowd Booed a little bit because Juarez didn't go all out. Too hesistant and too cautious.

Looking a little too much like Mayweather. Afraid to throw and was a little afraid of Barrios' power. He said it himself, that he was gonna be cautious about his power and strength.

He needs to be a little more like Diaz, He's trained by Shields as well, but as soon as he gets hit, Diaz balls come out and throws caution to the wind. So much for boxing, Shields' words gets thrown to the curb.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 6 2008, 10:35 PM) [snapback]403435[/snapback]
Seriously,

Americans, of which I am a proud and grateful one, spend a lot of time bitching about the horrible ref jobs in England/Europe, but tonight was an important reminder that boxing is a totally corrupt sport all around the world. Even here. Especially here.

If HBO had any integrity whatsoever, it would get a judge to freeze the bank accounts of all involved tonight - the promoters, the lawyers of the promoters, the judges, the refs, and all HBO executives. That was sickening. Two points was sickening. And any judge that had Juarez up in that fight was sickening.

Agreed,

But they won't do that because "Grin Boy" promotions is too big of a Goddamn meal ticket for HBO. The rant isn't against Oscar, but his company has proven with these types of judges that King, Arum, and Sautherland, should not be the only ones called into question on bad decisions. Or maybe it's just hometown favoritism that would have happened regardless of who the promoter is.

Jack
kidbazooka1
I said Barrios was gonna outwork the passive Juarez and he did but fair is fair and when Juarez opened up he sliced up that lip true the judges cards were BS but Juarez did when fair and square that lip was f*cking horrible.
Imperius3
What's going on here?

I was at the fight live. I was about 30 feet away from the ring. I had Juarez up 7-3. He was winning clearly.

I am bewildered right now with these responses. Holy shit...onto the Katsidis-Diaz thread...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Sep 7 2008, 04:30 AM) [snapback]403496[/snapback]
What's going on here?

I was at the fight live. I was about 30 feet away from the ring. I had Juarez up 7-3. He was winning clearly.

I am bewildered right now with these responses. Holy shit...onto the Katsidis-Diaz thread...

Were you drinking?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 6 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]403409[/snapback]
I'm sorry, I just can't be a fan of Juarez....

AGREEE!!I don't like Juarez AT ALL..He looked like a old man in that fight and he's only 28..He needs to retire..Juarez was sooo lucky Barrios's mouth was sooo busted up..If anyone had Juarez up,I have no idea what fight you were watching,Barrios threw 600 more punches and landed more.
Imperius3
No, I wasn't drinking.

I don't understand this. I had Juarez up, the people around me had Juarez up, and the judges had Juarez up. I did not think it was a hard fight to score either.

HBO must've done some serious brainwashing tonight. I'm looking forward to the replay...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Sep 7 2008, 05:14 AM) [snapback]403504[/snapback]
No, I wasn't drinking.

I don't understand this. I had Juarez up, the people around me had Juarez up, and the judges had Juarez up. I did not think it was a hard fight to score either.

HBO must've done some serious brainwashing tonight. I'm looking forward to the replay...

Or maybe the crowds reaction to everything Rocky did inlfuenced your scoring.

Despite the scoring Juarez did win fair and square though and thats all that matters.
Imperius3
I don't know about that. I scored Diaz-Katsidis a draw. I'll be watching the replay after I get some sleep.
Imperius3
After watching it on TV, I scored it 5-5.

The fight seemed to be closer than what I saw live, but I still don't think it was a whitewash for Barrios. Juarez was landing a lot of clean, effective punches that HBO wasn't giving him credit for. At one point Juarez landed a solid left hook and right after Max says "Juarez looks like an old 28 year old." The first 6 rounds were closer than I thought. The proof is in the pudding though. The reason Juarez was able to drop and stop Barrios was because he landing clean punches throughout the fight. They accumulated and had a big effect.

I am disappointed because I thought watching the fight live would be better than watching it on TV. I'm not so sure now.
The CEO
Juarez may have thrown some significant punches...but there wasn't THAT many of them....Juarez was noticeably tentative in there until near the end, bro....he really looked like he was fighting with his butt cheeks clenched the entire night.....lol

HERE'S why Barrios lost....he was basically trying too hard....should have paced himself better....he was throwing more punches than he could afford to throw...this caused him to gas out and start breathing heavily through his mouth....which, in turn, made his gumshield start floating around leaving him susceptible to mouth/jaw injury....and unfortunately for him, his lip got split....exhaustion made the KD come easier for Juarez.....and the torn lip gushing all that blood sealed his doom.....

Yes...I'm not giving Juarez any credit for this victory...

Sorry your first experience was disappointing.....
salvador
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Sep 7 2008, 01:28 PM) [snapback]403561[/snapback]
I am disappointed because I thought watching the fight live would be better than watching it on TV. I'm not so sure now.

Unless you're in the front row, tv is always better as far as knowing what is actually happening in the ring. The reason to go to a fight is the atmosphere, which, depending on the fight, is usually worth the price of admission.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.