Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm calling Margarito's BS now!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
The Original MrFactor
Hey, I'm an equal opportunity critic. Margarito couldnt land the DLH fight. I initially had no problem with him not fighting Williams(for now). Now it appears as though he's not gonna fight Clottey in November?? Top Rank is now saying that Margarito wont fight until next year. Well, since DLH stood him up, Margarito had better be fighting one of the 3 other WW champs. Williams, Clottey or even Berto had better be on the short list. Or else, everything he accused DLH of being, comes back to him...

Margarito not fighting Clottey
BigG
He better not be too inactive because he's finally on top...Clottey-Margarito would have been a great fight. The first one was really competitive...and Margarito should just accept the fact that DLH doesn't want a hard fight for his retirement and move on with his damn career...
dbdbdb
AM is looking to cash that championship belt in and no one can bring in the cash he wants, but DLH.
{Sounds Familiar ... Doesn't it}

In NO-BS terms .... He's not going to fight anyone who's High Risk, Low Reward.
{Sounds Even More Familiar ... Doesn't it}

Hey, I'm not critizing AM for going after that paper, because this is the business of boxing. But he doesn't get a pass for doing what others fighters did and was highly critized for.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I'll give Tony a pass for ONE freebie. I think if someone fights a couple of tough fights in a row then they can have a freebie.

Take PBF at 147-154. I'll give him Goldie because...........well fair enough but I wasn't prepared to give him Fatton.

One is the most I'm prepared to give and I hope Tony gets it out of the way real soon then he can get back to the business of fighting top contenders, otherwise he will fall into the hypocrite category but for now I think he gets a pass.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 8 2008, 05:18 PM) [snapback]403632[/snapback]
I'll give Tony a pass for ONE freebie. I think if someone fights a couple of tough fights in a row then they can have a freebie.

I agree after the brutal fight with Cotto he deserves a gimmie.
D-MARV
I was thinking... Baldomir-Margarito could be fun! same style and both can take a punch!!!!!
BigG
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 9 2008, 01:38 AM) [snapback]403654[/snapback]
I was thinking... Baldomir-Margarito could be fun! same style and both can take a punch!!!!!

No way...that would be 2x worse than when Floyd fought Baldomir. Baldomir got beaten up by Forrest last year and unlike Floyd, Margarito is a natural Welterweight...maybe even a Junior-Middleweight. Remember how the Margarito fans hated on Floyd for fighting Baldomir?
caneman
It's ok if AM wants an easy fight but I don't understand one thing, if he wants $$$ then fight PWilliams for $4 million, it's the most $$$ he can make right now, plus if he beats Williams convincingly, he might can get PBF! He & Arum need to get that fight made IMO! AM had way too many inactive years!
dbdbdb
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 8 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]403654[/snapback]

That would qualify for the "Interesting Fight Of The Year" candidate. Two guys that no matter how hard you hit them, they just keep coming. It would be a war of attrition .... which I think AM would win, but not by much.

QUOTE(caneman @ Sep 8 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]403657[/snapback]
It's ok if AM wants an easy fight but I don't understand one thing, if he wants $$$ then fight PWilliams for $4 million, it's the most $$$ he can make right now, plus if he beats Williams convincingly, he might can get PBF! He & Arum need to get that fight made IMO! AM had way too many inactive years!

I don't think AM is anxious to fight either Clotty or Williams again. Not while he's in such a great strategic position. I think he would win both fights, but will look bad in the process.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 8 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]403654[/snapback]

I had no problem with a gimme fight. I thought thats what Clottey was being set up to be. I thought about Baldomir. i think Tony would stop Baldomir in less than 8 rounds. I think he's setting up a Mosley fight for early next year. Mosley will bring him the most money of all the people who are willing to fight him. I still think since DLH turned him down, he should have fouight one of the other champst at 147. I guess Mosley wont be a bad choice... But after that, its back to business...
D-MARV
I see Margarito-Baldomir being a war as well. Antonio Would stop him late IMHO, but still could be a real good scrap!
caneman
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Sep 8 2008, 10:07 PM) [snapback]403659[/snapback]
I had no problem with a gimme fight. I thought thats what Clottey was being set up to be. I thought about Baldomir. i think Tony would stop Baldomir in less than 8 rounds. I think he's setting up a Mosley fight for early next year. Mosley will bring him the most money of all the people who are willing to fight him. I still think since DLH turned him down, he should have fouight one of the other champst at 147. I guess Mosley wont be a bad choice... But after that, its back to business...

I don't think Marg could get $2 million to fight Mosley & he MIGHT be lucky to get a cool million!
dbdbdb
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Sep 8 2008, 10:07 PM) [snapback]403659[/snapback]

That might be his only move, to make that BIG paper. Clean out the division, and collect all the belts. That's the only way I see AM making the large purse he wants.
King Eugene
Hell take the 4 mil and fight PWill. But if he wants to keep his belt for a few years or a couple of more months he'd better stay away from Williams and try to get Hatton after Paulie fights him. LMAO!!!
caneman
QUOTE(3King3 @ Sep 8 2008, 10:28 PM) [snapback]403666[/snapback]
Hell take the 4 mil and fight PWill. But if he wants to keep his belt for a few years or a couple of more months he'd better stay away from Williams and try to get Hatton after Paulie fights him. LMAO!!!

I still say Williams is by far his best $$$ fight based on the $4 million & believe it's one Margarito can win! In any case, it's a great match up between those 2 guys!
Mean Mister Mustard
Yeah you never know, maybe Margarito makes adjustments this time around.
BigG
Williams has Margarito's number, IMO
caneman
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 8 2008, 10:43 PM) [snapback]403671[/snapback]
Williams has Margarito's number, IMO

Styles do make fights but Williams was outboxed as well. Not that Margarito is going to str8 "outbox" anyone really good but we know what he was able to do to Cotto...I don't think it's a forgone outcome myself. I'll add to that that Margarito is crazy if he doesn't sign for that $4 million unless he believes he can't beat Williams & 7-5 rounds was about what that fight was for Williams so with a fast start & maybe making Williams fight his fight, I think he could pull it off! Either way, it's a great fight that I would like to see & it's the only if it's all about $$$$!!!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(caneman @ Sep 8 2008, 10:54 PM) [snapback]403673[/snapback]
Styles do make fights but Williams was outboxed as well. Not that Margarito is going to str8 "outbox" anyone really good but we know what he was able to do to Cotto...I don't think it's a forgone outcome myself. I'll add to that that Margarito is crazy if he doesn't sign for that $4 million unless he believes he can't beat Williams & 7-5 rounds was about what that fight was for Williams so with a fast start & maybe making Williams fight his fight, I think he could pull it off! Either way, it's a great fight that I would like to see & it's the only if it's all about $$$$!!!

Totally agree.
Boxingjunkie
Its funny to hear the Cotto lovers still bashing Tony. So what if the guy wants to take some time off until next year. So what if he wants his next fight to be a little easier than Cotto. Remember Cotto fought Gomez before Tony. That says it all right there. Give him a break.

Take the easy fight then get in there like he always does and mix it up with the top guys in the division. No doubt a rematch with Williams is the fight we all want to see.
King Eugene
To be honest I'd rather see him fight either Mosley or Williams and let Clottey fight Berto and then unify! When was the last time there was one unified champ in any division meaning one man had all the belts? I swear I cant remember, PLEASE Inform me! Besides Haye I cant think of any. I know Roy had 7 at one time but I dont think that was all of them. I dont know about you guys but for once I'd like to see one guy have ALL of the Major belts. I know its damn near impossible cause of all teh politics in boxing but I'd still like to see it. And at Welterweight I'd like to see either AM or PWill with it!
BigG
Jermain Taylor was the last guy someone had ALL belts (WBC,WBA,IBF,WBO)
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(caneman @ Sep 8 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]403657[/snapback]

Nah Floyd wants no part of Margarito regardless of who he beats.
King Eugene
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 9 2008, 12:12 AM) [snapback]403678[/snapback]
Jermain Taylor was the last guy someone had ALL belts (WBC,WBA,IBF,WBO)

Preciate it dude!
Fitz
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Sep 9 2008, 01:36 PM) [snapback]403676[/snapback]
So what if the guy wants to take some time off until next year.

But he was on his knees begging for a fight with the Golden Boy, calling him out until DLH found someone else. So which is it? Does Margarito want the year off against a journeyman or not?
Boxingjunkie
So Oscar didnt want to fight him. Thats not his fault. Obviously this was a fight that Tony really wanted. It must have been a big let down that Oscar didnt want any part of him. This would have been his time to shine and get a great payday after all these years of fighting. Big disapointment. Take some time off. Im not sure I see the problem with it. Looks like Williams is looking to fight someone else so again that is not Tony's fault. I would love to see him get back into the ring with Williams, Berto, Mosley, or Cotto again. But I cant fault the guy for taking a rest.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 9 2008, 02:08 AM) [snapback]403686[/snapback]
But you said that he has his right to take the year off and fight an easy fight. Last I checked, Oscar isn't a journeymen type of fighter, which was my original point. Calls out certain fights, and then when they don't come off decides that a fight with Clottey or Williams at this stage won't happen.
If he wanted a year off and take tune-up fights against journeymen, sure I have no problem with that, but why call out DLH? Why defend him saying he is entitled to have a fight against easy fighters when he wants DLH, but then decides against Williams or Clottey when they call him out?
He wants a big fight with DLH, then deserves a year off against crappy fighters when Williams or Clottey wants to fight him, sounds like double standards.

C'mon Fitz I happen to agree with 99% of eveything you post cause most of it's common sense however you're playing devils advocate a little with the Oscar thing.

You know De La Hoya money changes everything, that fight is basically a once in a lifetime opportunity for a fighter and now Oscar's close to the finishing line of course Tony's gonna make an exception for that fight.

Basically I see it like this.

Tony wants a gimme before fighting a top contender again.

If memory serves me right he's fought Clottey, Williams, Cintron, Cotto one after the other. That's not a bad scedule!

So he wants a low risk easy payday UNLESS Oscar wants to step up to the plate in which case he'll make an exception because after all it would've been the biggest fight in boxing certainly in 2008.

We all know that the opportunity to fight ODHL changes everything and the rules go out the window. I mean an Oscar fight is Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy all wrapped into one. I don't see Tony as a hypocrite for playing it this way.

If he wanted no part of Clottey or Williams after his gimme fight then fair enough.........

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I think the double standard only applies to de la Hoya fights. Once fighters sniff a Goldie opportunity logic goes a bit la la.

I'm sure Manny would laugh hard for a full 5 minutes if anyone else at 147 called him out (I won't count PBF since he's 'retired') but since it's ODHL hey no problem!

Plus Tony's really only pulling this hypocritical stuff for the 1st time so again in my book he gets the temporary pass.

We're talking about a guy that turned down the chance to fuck up Cotto so he could face the stylistic nightmare that is Paul Williams.

I didn't have a problem either with PBF fighting Goldie, I can never ever blame a fighter from cashing that particular lottery ticket. I DID have a problem with him doing it twice in a row with the Fatton fiasco.

I guess thats what I'm also saying, as opposed to say PBF, Tony hasn't yet developed a track record pulling these kind of stunts, not yet anyway.............

caneman
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 9 2008, 05:48 AM) [snapback]403688[/snapback]
That's the thing, I'm not necessarily saying that Margarito is wrong, just like I didn't think Mayweather (at the time, which was when Margarito was nothing more than a WBO title holder who's biggest win was Cintron) was wrong for turning down Margarito for money fights like DLH. Hell, most fighters would.
I'm only arguing the fact that Margarito is now choosing money first. Which isn't the reason people originally loved him, and the reason people despised Mayweather. That is all I'm saying. I don't think either is wrong, I think it's fine to try make money when you can, as long as it doesn't become the thing you do every single time.
I was only arguing the fact that the notion was that Margarito is entitled to not fight Clottey or Williams because he has had tough fights and is able to fight an easy fight. Yet he was begging for a fight with DLH just a few weeks ago.
That is all I'm arguing. As a whole I don't think Margarito is wrong for wanting a money fight, I just think it's wrong if people will have a double standard on the issue.

I think in many ways Fitz, that going after the money is what every fighter today goes for these days for the most part anyhow & that's why they aren't considered as great as the fighters of days past! I mean back in the day, you made your money by fighting the best. These days they want their money before they fight the best & just go for DL fishnets! lol!

You see, I believe that for the most part fighting or playing(example college football)the best out there will make you stronger from top to bottom. Yet you can only fight who is willing to fight you...an example of that is a pre 2000 Bernard Hopkins. Joppy & Holmes wanted no part of him & Don King only wanted the rights to X! But all in all I still say Margarito needs to sign the contract Goosen sent over for that $4 million cause barring a Pacman, PBF or DL fishnet fight, Margarito CAN NOT get paid more!
streetlion1
Margarito isnt wrong for this because he has already fought most everyone....he deserves at least one easy fight as champion. It certainly isnt a Gayweather situation where he is just flat out not talking about certain fighters and ducking them. Give him some time to see which move he makes....Maybe after an easy one there will be Margarito-Cotto 2 thumbsup_anim.gif
D-MARV
I will be upset if Margarito chooses to fight Cotto again before he fights Mosley, Clottey or Williams!!!!!11111
salvador
Any comparison between Margarito and Floyd is rediculous.

Marg has ALREADY FOUGHT ALL THE TOP GUYS AT WW. Marg has already fought ALL THE BIG, DANGEROUS NAMES that no one else wanted to fight. He never got a chance to fight all the small guys at ww like Judah, Floyd, or Mosley because they all ducked him shamelessly for years. And most of you on this board thought that was just fine! You thought it was fine because Marg was "slow and overrated".

For years Floyd's fans kept saying, "who has he fought?" And now that he's fought everyone that Floyd would never dream of fighting (Williams and Clottey in particular), people are "calling his BS"?

Really?

Mosley wants the fight. It would be big money for Marg against a top name. And it would be an easy fight for Marg because Mosley is too small and too old. Why wouldn't he take the fight? Who deserves an easy (though Cotto would disagree with the term "easy") fight for big money more than Marg?

The truth is that I'd LOVE to see Marg fight Baldomir, knock him out in 2 rounds so that fans could compare his performance with Floyd's against the same slow, 35 year old Agentinian with no head movement and only 13 kos in 58 fights.

Who has Floyd beaten at ww?
dbdbdb
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 9 2008, 06:10 AM) [snapback]403689[/snapback]
I didn't have a problem either with PBF fighting Goldie, I can never ever blame a fighter from cashing that particular lottery ticket. I DID have a problem with him doing it twice in a row with the Fatton fiasco.

I guess thats what I'm also saying, as opposed to say PBF, Tony hasn't yet developed a track record pulling these kind of stunts, not yet anyway.............

Many fighter's saw what PBF did by cashing in those belts and would like to follow suit. And as stated, I can't blame any fighter for doing that, PBF topped 80+ MILLION with the DLH & Hatton fights and then retired.

No doubt after the many years of fighting ..... AM would like to cash out and retire the same way. But the timing has to be right to pull off a stunt like PBF did. And AM doesn't have a lot of time to mess around trying to cash-out BIG. The best path to that heavy cash is to push for a Mosley fight, then take the 4 million fight with Williams.
!
The trend and the problem I see with every champion boxer trying to CASH-OUT.

#1 - It doesn't normally produce the match-ups that die-hard fans want to see.

#2 - Boxing turns into a waiting game, low risk\high reward fights become the order of the day because every newly crowned champ is going to want to pull a PBF and ride off into the sunset with over 100 Million sitting in the bank.

#3 - The desire to fight the best diminishes and the desire to fight who can bring in the biggest purse becomes the ONLY driving force behind every fighter's actions.

!
salvador
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 9 2008, 10:27 AM) [snapback]403703[/snapback]
Well at the time, everybody was right. Who had Margarito beaten?

No they weren't!

Do you seriously not understand that everyone at ww was afraid of Marg because of his obvious advantages? Do you seriously not understand that Mosley, Judah, and Floyd all ducked him in spite of being offered big money? Do you seriously not understand that the reason he hadn't beaten anybody was because nobody would fight him?

Marg has always been the toughest fight at ww and every promoter and every fighter knew it. And the little guys (the natural wws) knew it better than anyone else. It's why Floyd supposedly put $50k on him vs Cotto at 2-1.

Hindsight has nothing to do with it when you have a guy who throws 100+ punches a round and who has a chin of granite. I think the vast majority of boxing experts believed that Marg was the most legitimate contender - even before the Cintron fight.
The CEO
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 9 2008, 10:36 AM) [snapback]403707[/snapback]
No they weren't!

Yessss weeee weeeerrrreeee....and we got a new name for him, Sal....

Antonio Hypocrito
Big Slim Sweet
Shameless posters here who for years disregarded Margarito at every turn and actually tried to claim that he was too slow and hadn't beaten anyone notworthy and now that they've been proven wrong and made to look like complete idiots they've decided to take a new path and somehow claim Margarito is a coward who ducks tough opponents.

fuck.gif

Truly, this is the CLEAREST example of HATING this board has seen. PBF haters, Roy haters got NOTHING on you cocksuckers. This isn't even an honest thread. I'm convinced that the majority of guys trying to put Margarito on blast are doing it for laughs.

QUOTE(caneman @ Sep 8 2008, 09:17 PM) [snapback]403662[/snapback]
I don't think Marg could get $2 million to fight Mosley & he MIGHT be lucky to get a cool million!

Why? Mosley's still a big name coming off a disputed loss to Cotto. If he looks great kicking Mayorga's ass in a few weeks which he should I'd think Tony could get $3-4 million for that fight easy with Shane pocketing $2-3 million for himself.

QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 9 2008, 09:27 AM) [snapback]403703[/snapback]
I didn't compare Mayweather to Margarito as a whole either. Margarito has balls that Mayweather wish he could have. The only thing I pointed out is that Margarito fans weren't impressed when Mayweather turns Margarito down for a pay day with DLH.

You're right about the balls part. But you're wrong about Margarito supporters being upset with Mayweather turning him down for the DLH payday. It was when Mayweather turned him down for the Baldomir payday for a cool $1.00 more, and we then had to listen to PBF fans defending that position and actually arguing that Baldomir was the more dangerous fighter.

QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 9 2008, 05:10 AM) [snapback]403689[/snapback]

What you're saying is 100% correct.
caneman
I don't think Clottey should be mentioned @ this time & the only one that should is Williams in my eyes! Maybe Mosley if Mosley will actually sign to fight him! BTW, there are many good points being made on both sides of the coin but lets face it...other than DLH & PBF, NO ONE WILL NET MARGARITO $4 MILLION & THAT'S A FACT! Behind that would be Cotto(or Pacman,laughing as i typed that)so if $$$ is what he wants, sign with Williams or STFU! NO?
caneman
Why? Mosley's still a big name coming off a disputed loss to Cotto. If he looks great kicking Mayorga's ass in a few weeks which he should I'd think Tony could get $3-4 million for that fight easy with Shane pocketing $2-3 million for himself.

I don't think so bro, I say $1-2 MIllion & Mosley might price himself out of the fight & yes he should be able to beat Mayo as long as he doesn't fight Mayo's fight IE Vernon Forest!

Come to think about it, I guess Maybe it could do that IF it could get 350k in PPV buys! dntknw.gif
King Eugene
I think a lot of people tend to forget this is PRIZE FIGHTING!!!

Sad to say its not about fighting the best anymore, its about fighting who can bring the best money.

Only the fighters on top understand that, not the up and comers looking for a chance at a big name.
So I dont blame Margarito at all for what he is doing. Hell he still isn't all that good to me and Floyd Jr. would still beat him up!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(3King3 @ Sep 9 2008, 08:19 PM) [snapback]403757[/snapback]
I think a lot of people tend to forget this is PRIZE FIGHTING!!!

Sad to say its not about fighting the best anymore, its about fighting who can bring the best money.

Only the fighters on top understand that, not the up and comers looking for a chance at a big name.
So I dont blame Margarito at all for what he is doing. Hell he still isn't all that good to me and Floyd Jr. would still beat him up!

Oh I think they all understand it, it's just that it only benefits the fighters who are on top, so the up and comers are forced to sit back and complain about it.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Sep 10 2008, 12:08 PM) [snapback]403804[/snapback]
Oh I think they all understand it, it's just that it only benefits the fighters who are on top, so the up and comers are forced to sit back and complain about it.

Yep, and that has been part of Boxings downfall.
salvador
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 9 2008, 06:35 PM) [snapback]403747[/snapback]
I don't understand. At the time. He HADN'T fought anybody. That really isn't even debatable, unless you consider Cintron somebody. So nobody was wrong, all of this is being said in hindsight.

Cintron still is the biggest puncher in the division and I think he'd ko Judah and he'd have a decent chance against Mosley and Cotto. He was undefeated at the time and had 22kos in 24 fights. Whatever anyone might think of him now that Marg has humiliated him, he was a very legit contender and Margarito destroyed him.

Andrew Lewis was a legit contender with only one loss.

Kyvelos was a semi-legit contender with an undefeated record.

Antonio Diaz was a legit contender at 39-3 who'd beaten Ivan Robinson, Ward, and Emmanuel Augustus.

And it wasn't just that these were legit contenders that Marg put on his record, it was the way he was totally destroying them that was so striking. And it was the way that Marg was beating these contenders that made most commentators believe that he was a top ww deserving of a shot against Judah/Mosley/Floyd. The money was there for the fights, and those guys all decided to duck him.

I'm never having this conversation again because it's so pointless.

Fitz, nothing personal because I think you're one of the very best posters here, but you're absolutely crazy if you seriously believe that the top guys at ww weren't shaking in the boots after watching the first Cintron fight. THAT'S why Marg couldn't get a fight.
caneman
QUOTE(caneman @ Sep 9 2008, 04:13 PM) [snapback]403737[/snapback]
I don't think so bro, I say $1-2 MIllion & Mosley might price himself out of the fight & yes he should be able to beat Mayo as long as he doesn't fight Mayo's fight IE Vernon Forest!

Come to think about it, I guess Maybe it could do that IF it could get 350k in PPV buys! dntknw.gif

I take that back after really thinking about it! It would have to get 500,000 buys & furthermore, the only way I can see it as worth that kinda money is if there was a double unification fight where Mosley fight Clottey & wins & Margarito fights Williams & wins on the same card & Mosley & Margarito both come out on top! Then MAYBE! Just beating mayo will not make that fight worth that kinda $$$!
dbdbdb
I tell you guys.

At the Shane Mosley vs Ricardo Mayorga Press Confefence.

Mosley emphatically states that he wants Margarito in December. So that may be the reason why AM turned down the Clottey fight for November.

I for one don't want to see Mosley end his Career with a brutal beating. But when a man goes looking for an ass-whippin ...... He most times than not, gets it.

Margarito by TKO
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Sep 11 2008, 09:37 AM) [snapback]403867[/snapback]
I tell you guys.

At the Shane Mosley vs Ricardo Mayorga Press Confefence.

Mosley emphatically states that he wants Margarito in December. So that may be the reason why AM turned down the Clottey fight for November.

I for one don't want to see Mosley end his Career with a brutal beating. But when a man goes looking for an ass-whippin ...... He most times than not, gets it.

Margarito by TKO

Shane's a fucking badass. I don't think he can beat Margarito at this stage of his career either but you have to LOVE this man just for wanting that fight. What other top welterweight was willing to fight Forest when he did? What other top junior welterweight was willing to fight Winky when he did? And now at 37 he wants to fight Tony. My man.

Now let's compare this to Oscar, who claims that he'd love nothing more than to fight Margarito but just feels in his heart of hearts like Margarito should fight Paul Williams first. Fuck off you fishnet wearing fuckstick. Seriously, anyone who thinks DLH is or ever was half the warrior Sugar Shane is needs to get a boot in their ass.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Sep 11 2008, 12:09 PM) [snapback]403876[/snapback]
Shane's a fucking badass. I don't think he can beat Margarito at this stage of his career either but you have to LOVE this man just for wanting that fight. What other top welterweight was willing to fight Forest when he did? What other top junior welterweight was willing to fight Winky when he did? And now at 37 he wants to fight Tony. My man.

Now let's compare this to Oscar, who claims that he'd love nothing more than to fight Margarito but just feels in his heart of hearts like Margarito should fight Paul Williams first. Fuck off you fishnet wearing fuckstick. Seriously, anyone who thinks DLH is or ever was half the warrior Sugar Shane is needs to get a boot in their ass.

AGREE 100% thumbsup_anim.gif
streetlion1
I for one think that Shane could be really effective against Margarito. He blows Marg out the water as far as speed and overall boxing skill are concerned and has a better chin than Cotto so if they were to fight I can see Marg winning the decision..but no way do I see Shane taking a beating.

As for the hatin on Oscar goes...the man has fought most everyone his whole career. For his last fight I think he just wants a for sure win. Cant blame a guy for wanting to go out with a victory. While I think DLH would beat Margarito it wouldnt be for sure. So he wants an easy one...I dont see a problem with that after all the good fights he has givin boxing.....The excuse he used as far as saying he thinks Marg. should fight Williams first was a bitch move though.

I think when he said he'd fight the winner of Marg.-Cotto he thought Cotto would win and looked at Cotto as being easier competition and a bigger money fight. It didnt work out that way so time for him to smash the Pacman.
STEVENSKI
But DLH fought Chavez TWICE!! & Macho Camacho. What are you talkin about that is the warrior spirit right there & I am suprised he never fought Arguello or Duran.
Sugar Q
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Sep 11 2008, 05:34 PM) [snapback]403901[/snapback]
I for one think that Shane could be really effective against Margarito. He blows Marg out the water as far as speed and overall boxing skill are concerned and has a better chin than Cotto so if they were to fight I can see Marg winning the decision..but no way do I see Shane taking a beating.

As for the hatin on Oscar goes...the man has fought most everyone his whole career. For his last fight I think he just wants a for sure win. Cant blame a guy for wanting to go out with a victory. While I think DLH would beat Margarito it wouldnt be for sure. So he wants an easy one...I dont see a problem with that after all the good fights he has givin boxing.....The excuse he used as far as saying he thinks Marg. should fight Williams first was a bitch move though.

I think when he said he'd fight the winner of Marg.-Cotto he thought Cotto would win and looked at Cotto as being easier competition and a bigger money fight. It didnt work out that way so time for him to smash the Pacman.

I'll go one step further and say if Shane fights with his head he beats Margarito even at this stage of his career.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Sep 13 2008, 05:51 PM) [snapback]404142[/snapback]
I'll go one step further and say if Shane fights with his head he beats Margarito even at this stage of his career.

Yeah..I was kinda leaning that way. I just wonder how well Shane would do in the later rounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.