Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JMM/Casamayor PPV
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Elijah
I know Mora/Forrest II but does anyone know what the other televised bouts are on the PPV?

Surely they can't be the only two televised fights.
Mean Mister Mustard
I think the Viloria fight will be broadcast. It is a solid undercard supporting an intriguing main event between two boxing masters.
kidbazooka1
I think Julio Cesar Garcia is also on the card.
BigG
Garcia lost to an old man a while back when he was considered one of boxings top prospect. According to boxrec, Victor Ortiz is on a card. That's a guy to look out for...
D-MARV
Why is this fight on PPV?????

Ill take Campbell-Guzman on "free" Showtime!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 8 2008, 07:40 PM) [snapback]403655[/snapback]

your not the only one! Im hoping this ppv flops maybe golden boy will wake up and start putting up "good" ppv cards

maybe they'll put a good undercard on DLH-Pac NOT!
caneman
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 8 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]403667[/snapback]
your not the only one! Im hoping this ppv flops maybe golden boy will wake up and start putting up "good" ppv cards

maybe they'll put a good undercard on DLH-Pac NOT!

IF Pacmonster can pull it off, it would be worth every penny IMO!
Elijah
"Why is this fight on PPV?????

Ill take Campbell-Guzman on "free" Showtime!"

Yeah me too but I'm also getting the PPV, can't ever watch too much boxing in one day.

I actually think the main event is worthy of being on PPV, it should be a very competitive fight. Neither of them is usually in a boring match. The only thing I'm concerned about is the fight getting stopped on a cut with the combination of Casamayor possibly fighting dirty and JMM big ass forehead.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Elijah @ Sep 9 2008, 12:37 PM) [snapback]403723[/snapback]
"Why is this fight on PPV?????

Ill take Campbell-Guzman on "free" Showtime!"

Yeah me too but I'm also getting the PPV, can't ever watch too much boxing in one day.

I actually think the main event is worthy of being on PPV, it should be a very competitive fight. Neither of them is usually in a boring match. The only thing I'm concerned about is the fight getting stopped on a cut with the combination of Casamayor possibly fighting dirty and JMM big ass forehead.

This fight is more PPV worthy than Pacqioau/Diaz was.
Nay_Sayer
How much is this PPV?
salvador
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 8 2008, 09:40 PM) [snapback]403655[/snapback]

I couldn't possibly agree more.

I think Campbell-Guzman will be a more entertaining fight and the only reason Forrest-Mora 2 is happening is because of Forrest's lawyer. I don't even think HBO would make Forrest-Mora 2 a Boxing After Dark.

HBO needs to lose money on this, cause this kind of nonsense is killing boxing.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea, dont think ill be ordering this, but I've said that about many fights. It's hard to resist on fight night. This is going to be a compelling fight as well. Casamayor is almost a 4 to 1 underdog, and is always underrated. He's always been one of my favorite fighters, but he's got a tough match with Marquez. Casamayor is a slick southpaw though, who's going to give Marquez a different look. He won't come at him like Manny did, but will try to counterpunch and box. This is why the match could be boring, since Marquez will also be looking to do the same thing. However, I feel this slower pace will benefit Casamayor more. Casamayor is getting a bit older and was on the verge of losing to Katsidis. It's going to be a close one, and I think a draw could be a possibility. My prediction is Casamayor by very close decision with many close rounds and people bitching about Marquez not getting the decision.
Big Slim Sweet
It's actually not a bad PPV. You've got two 50-50 type fights between solid, technical fighters, and two exciting young prospects who could both become stars in the near future. When was the last time a PPV offered that kind of value?

Not that I'm buying it. And not that I think it's legitimately PPV worthy because it's not, despite it being better than most. It's going to tank, and that's a shame, cause JMM-Casa is an important fight.

I'm glad Showtime is offering up a solid card of their own that will eliminate any temptation I might have to make a last-minute, buzz-induced purchase. Campbell-Guzman should be a excellent scrap.
Elijah
To the people not buying the PPV, what's your reason other than the Showtime card airing the same night? Cuz you don't have the $50 to spend or just to stick it to HBO? I mean if you think that by you not buying it they will change their attitude towards what matches they choose to make a PPV you're wrong. They're gonna give you a PPV every month regardless of how many people buy their PPVs. I would think real die hard boxing fans would never miss a fight between Casamayor/JMM. I think it's a great match up and like I said rarely is either in a boring fight. I highly doubt this one will be that way. I don't wanna come off as an asshole, just asking what you're basing your decision on for not buying the PPV.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Elijah @ Sep 11 2008, 10:51 AM) [snapback]403873[/snapback]
To the people not buying the PPV, what's your reason other than the Showtime card airing the same night? Cuz you don't have the $50 to spend or just to stick it to HBO? I mean if you think that by you not buying it they will change their attitude towards what matches they choose to make a PPV you're wrong. They're gonna give you a PPV every month regardless of how many people buy their PPVs. I would think real die hard boxing fans would never miss a fight between Casamayor/JMM. I think it's a great match up and like I said rarely is either in a boring fight. I highly doubt this one will be that way. I don't wanna come off as an asshole, just asking what you're basing your decision on for not buying the PPV.

My decision's based on the $50 being better spent elsewhere and Showtime offering equal product for no extra fee.

Without the Showtime fight I could be tempted. I agree it's a damn good matchup, though I have a feeling Marquez will win a wide UD. Got a hunch Casa might be more done than we know, with the Katsidis fight being his 'one last great fight in him'.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Personally, Campbell-Guzman is just as important a fight as Casamayor-Marquez. That one is on showtime, and I won't have to pay 50 bucks extra on it. Plus, there are plenty of other PPV cards coming up this fall. How bout Oct. 18, Nov. 1, and Nov. 8. Lets not forget about that really big one on the 6th as well. So the cable bill will be run up more in the coming months. Who knows, I still may order it all things considered. Fights on Showtime usually haven't affected whether I get a PPV or not. This is a compelling fight, and nobody really knows how it will go. How much does Casa and Marquez both have left? Did Casamayor benefit from good matchmaking against Katsidis? Will Marquez cut badly from a headbutt? This is an intriguing fight with lots of subplots. Now im starting to get hyped up for it, and fightnight will be even worse.
BigG
Casamayor-Marquez is a great fight but I just don't like how Casa was getting tagged against Katsidis. Something tells me it's going to be a good fight but a little one-sided in JMM's favor.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 11 2008, 02:04 PM) [snapback]403885[/snapback]
Personally, Campbell-Guzman is just as important a fight as Casamayor-Marquez. That one is on showtime, and I won't have to pay 50 bucks extra on it. Plus, there are plenty of other PPV cards coming up this fall. How bout Oct. 18, Nov. 1, and Nov. 8. Lets not forget about that really big one on the 6th as well. So the cable bill will be run up more in the coming months. Who knows, I still may order it all things considered. Fights on Showtime usually haven't affected whether I get a PPV or not. This is a compelling fight, and nobody really knows how it will go. How much does Casa and Marquez both have left? Did Casamayor benefit from good matchmaking against Katsidis? Will Marquez cut badly from a headbutt? This is an intriguing fight with lots of subplots. Now im starting to get hyped up for it, and fightnight will be even worse.

Imagine a boxing fan who has been in a coma for 20 years, waking up and hearing that. He would think it is ridiculous and it is. I mean it is becoming common now to see 3 or 4 PPV cards a month. Are boxing people so out of touch that they think us fans have tons of money on hand to buy everything?
salvador
QUOTE(Elijah @ Sep 11 2008, 11:51 AM) [snapback]403873[/snapback]

JMM is one of my favorite fighters and Casa might be the toughest guy in the sport, but I wouldn't buy this PPV because:

1.) Casa is past it - way past it
2.) JMM will put on a boxing clinic, with an occasional foul from Casa to break things up
3.) The undercard blows - and I'm sick and tired of HBO pushing marginal PPVs and then putting guys like Mora on the undercard
4.) Casa IS sometimes boring and JMM probably won't want to get too aggressive with the bigger man - virtually guaranteeing that it goes to the scorecards
5.) It'll be free next week on HBO

Mostly, though, I'd just much rather see Campbell fight live. I'm STILL excited from his last fight and I've loved reading all the prefight hype. Also, I have $100 on Campbell.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 11 2008, 08:44 PM) [snapback]403918[/snapback]
I'm going to take JMM. I think he may even stop Casamayor if he doesn't lose too much in the move up in weight. I will say JMM TKO10.

I'm suprised by that pick. Casamayor has never been dominated and he's fought the best. Plus Marquez doesn't like it when he has to chase a guy down. I'm a Marquez fan and I am worried about this fight.

You just want Casamayor to lose for beating Katsidis. Silly Aussie.
BigG
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 12 2008, 01:03 AM) [snapback]403921[/snapback]
I'm suprised by that pick. Casamayor has never been dominated and he's fought the best. Plus Marquez doesn't like it when he has to chase a guy down. I'm a Marquez fan and I am worried about this fight.

You just want Casamayor to lose for beating Katsidis. Silly Aussie.

If this was the Casamayor of the 2002 then I'd agree that he'd have a 50-50 chance but the recent Casamayor of recent times gets hit too much and JMM is a sharp shooter.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 11 2008, 09:21 PM) [snapback]403924[/snapback]
If this was the Casamayor of the 2002 then I'd agree that he'd have a 50-50 chance but the recent Casamayor of recent times gets hit too much and JMM is a sharp shooter.

Marquez has been getting tagged a lot too lately.

Imperius3
A prime Casamayor would beat Marquez clearly. Too fast and too sharp. Now, the fight is harder to call. It's true that Casamayor gets hit more than he used to. Even now though he is still pretty damn sharp. And I think Marquez has a style that Casamayor can control without too much trouble. Marquez certainly does not hit as hard as Corrales or Katsidis, nor is he as aggressive. Those counting on a knockout need to let that go...it's not gonna happen. If anything, I see the smaller Marquez who is moving up in weight getting bullied around the ring by Casamayor.

Both boxers are highly skilled, not many can outdo them. Marquez puts his punches together beautifully, and he is slightly younger. But with age comes experience, and Casamayor is still accurate and cagey. He will also be the harder puncher, and that might be the difference in the fight. This fight will be close, and I can see this fight being split 6 rounds apiece, but I think Marquez will get knocked down which will make the difference in the fight. I'm taking Casamayor's straight left over Marquez's straight right.

Casamayor by a close decision.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Sep 12 2008, 09:36 PM) [snapback]404040[/snapback]
A prime Casamayor would beat Marquez clearly. Too fast and too sharp. Now, the fight is harder to call. It's true that Casamayor gets hit more than he used to. Even now though he is still pretty damn sharp. And I think Marquez has a style that Casamayor can control without too much trouble. Marquez certainly does not hit as hard as Corrales or Katsidis, nor is he as aggressive. Those counting on a knockout need to let that go...it's not gonna happen. If anything, I see the smaller Marquez who is moving up in weight getting bullied around the ring by Casamayor.

Both boxers are highly skilled, not many can outdo them. Marquez puts his punches together beautifully, and he is slightly younger. But with age comes experience, and Casamayor is still accurate and cagey. He will also be the harder puncher, and that might be the difference in the fight. This fight will be close, and I can see this fight being split 6 rounds apiece, but I think Marquez will get knocked down which will make the difference in the fight. I'm taking Casamayor's straight left over Marquez's straight right.

Casamayor by a close decision.

I completely agree with you..Casamayor can take a good punch too and can give out some big ones..To be knocked down by Corrales is nothing to be ashamed of..I also agree that a prime Casamayor would beat a prime JMM..Casamayor for the most part doesn't get the respect he deserves for what he has done..I never will forget when he punched Corrales' mouth piece through his lip..Has anyone ever seen that done before??I know I could never imagine that happening to me..I think Casamayor hasn't been too much of himself lately but I do think he will prove he isn't a faded fighter in this fight..I really think he needed some extra motivation and to think of having JMM in the ring with you should do it..

I'm going with Casamayor in a 7-5 or 8-4 UD..If anyone gets knocked down it'll be JMM I think..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
So I am ordering this fight. It's a solid card, with two championship fights on it. Forrest-Mora was intriguing the first time, and I expect the rematch to be even better, with a more motivated Forrest. That could be a good fight, and we'll see if Mora is for real once again. I like Mora, and Casamayor has always been one of my favorite fighters. I still think he'll win a close decision over Marquez. He isn't that past it. If the ref would of stopped that Katsidis fight in the first round, then nobody would say that. He's still one of the best, and will have to prove people wrong once again. He did it against Corrales twice, Katsidis, and Kid Diamond. Should be a good night of fights tonight.
Thegreatequalizer
yeah, it's a tough call. casamayor is definitely past his prime. he's a southpaw. jmm has been known to eat a straight left or two. i think jmm is going to get the decision. casamayor is crafty, so i don't think he'll get knocked out. and i think jmm is too good to get knocked out by casamayor (though don't hold me to that). i think pound for pound jmm is better and has had the better pro career. i think if they were to fight in their primes casamayor would win based on him being naturally bigger.

Mean Mister Mustard
Good pick. My line of thinking was that JMM was coming up and he was fighting a guy who had never been stopped even while fighting guys like Campbell, Freitas, Corrales and Castillo. Marquez showed that if you leave yourself open he will strike HARD.
BigG
This fight really made me appreciate both of them. Casa was so good when he was younger, a P4P talent, who never really got a break. JMM..what can you say? Beat Casamayor, Pacquiao (IMO), and Barrera in the last year and a half. P4P IMO.
Mean Mister Mustard
Interesting thing about Marquez is how in almost every fight he takes it easy the first 3 rounds and by the 6th he has already found the punch that will work and proceeds to outbox his oppononent. He beats you with his smarts and brilliant technique. Add incredible stamina, good hand speed and tremendous combos and you have an elite fighter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.