Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Former UFC Champ Found Dead
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Box in Hand
Sorry for the previous misspelling. It has just been reported that former UFC champ Evan Tanner has been found dead. He reportedly went to the desert to cleanse himself. His motorcycle ran out of gas leaving him to walk in extremely hot temperatures. He was found by a local police helicopter.
ROLL DEEP
Damn....what a shame.

RIP.
pastor method
evan tanner is one of the pioneers of the sport and deserves a lot of respect for what he brought to the game. he's one of the first guys who actually combined skills from different fighting styles. and he innovated several subtle but trailblazing techniques of his own, like the idea of wrist control from top position and the effectiveness of elbows in ground and pound.

i actually met him just a few months ago at an amateur mma show in indiana. extremely nice, humble guy. very quiet and reserved yet he was willing to talk, sign autographs and take pictures with EVERY single person who came up to him... and he was there for the entire show, over three hours.

actually, on his blog he posted a picture of him, myself, and my friend who fought on that card. he must have posted that picture just before he headed out to the desert. it was strange for me to see it when i went onto his blog a week or so after he died, just to check out his last entries.

this world is extremely short on good people, and we've lost another one in evan.
Douchebag
I hate to sound mean but..................I hope when I die it's not because I did something that was dumb like this. Sounds fucked up but I don't want people saying what dumbass and my funeral.
ROLL DEEP
I know.....when I read it I was like 'WTF?!'

Such a shame, but what a way to go....
BigG
RIP...
King Eugene
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Oct 14 2008, 07:29 AM) [snapback]407086[/snapback]
I hate to sound mean but..................I hope when I die it's not because I did something that was dumb like this. Sounds fucked up but I don't want people saying what dumbass and my funeral.

LMAO...I swear I think the same way!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.