Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: this fool got KTFO
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
caneman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB7T4acNBQI thumbsup_anim.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
He should have had Buddy McGirt in his corner to cut those threads off.
Douchebag
Just like I tell some of my friends looking like you can fight and actually being able to fight are two very different things. I love kung-fu movies but to think Jackie Chan or Jet Li are some world class fighters is just stupid.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Sep 13 2008, 07:37 AM) [snapback]404066[/snapback]
Just like I tell some of my friends looking like you can fight and actually being able to fight are two very different things. I love kung-fu movies but to think Jackie Chan or Jet Li are some world class fighters is just stupid.

Bruce Lee was a world class fighter I think..That guy was for real..Bruce Lee was one of the first people I've known to be a natural righty and turned lefty..He also talked about why he did that too..He said that to have your best hand in front gives you a major advantage since it is closer to your opponent(also a lot of other stuff that I don't remember right now)..

I do agree with you though..Guys think they know and may look like it but can't..That dude who got KO'd thought he was the man but turned out to be a piece of shit..Also,he should of actually focused on the fight and not his stupid little "kung-fu" moves or whatever he calls em..
blackbelt2003
Whole thing looks fake to me. It looks like a movie set or something.

Black
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Sep 13 2008, 10:25 AM) [snapback]404082[/snapback]
Whole thing looks fake to me. It looks like a movie set or something.
Black

I think it's for a movie or commercial but definetly not real.
Douchebag
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 13 2008, 08:35 AM) [snapback]404074[/snapback]
Bruce Lee was a world class fighter I think..That guy was for real..Bruce Lee was one of the first people I've known to be a natural righty and turned lefty..He also talked about why he did that too..He said that to have your best hand in front gives you a major advantage since it is closer to your opponent(also a lot of other stuff that I don't remember right now)..

I do agree with you though..Guys think they know and may look like it but can't..That dude who got KO'd thought he was the man but turned out to be a piece of shit..Also,he should of actually focused on the fight and not his stupid little "kung-fu" moves or whatever he calls em..

Bruce is the exception that's why I didn't mention him. I still don't think that he was the best fighter in the world when he was around. In all actuality there where guys out there that could beat him in a real fight, but they just weren't known. That being said Bruce was still a badass.
Douchebag
quote]The thing I don't understand. We have been seeing videos on the internet for some years now. You are always seeing people get there head smashed in by text book boxing, kicking and you're basic type of fighting. I don't know if I have seen anyone owning in street fights by ripping out the 'martial arts' moves that you see in the movies.[/quote]

This is the closes thing that I could find and even in this the Kung Fu was really a distraction the he basically used boxing to win the fight.

this embedding shit is kicking my ass.
BigG
Bruce was a great athlete and a great martial artists but people are tripping if they think he would have beat someone like St. Pierre. Bruce is the first world class fighter that never had a real fight.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 13 2008, 03:07 PM) [snapback]404097[/snapback]
Bruce was a great athlete and a great martial artists but people are tripping if they think he would have beat someone like St. Pierre. Bruce is the first world class fighter that never had a real fight.

I'm sure Bruce COULD have been a good MMA fighter.....but he was before that time.

He knew a lot about various martial arts and was pretty skilled in some of them - but he never actually fought in competition OR on 'the street', so how can anyone say he's any good?

All we have a rumors about him getting into a few fights.....and even if they're true, even then it's only a few fights, so how can you judge someone on that?

He was good and very skilled at what he did - but a good fighter? Who knows...
Mino
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 13 2008, 11:20 AM) [snapback]404086[/snapback]
I think it's for a movie or commercial but definetly not real.

Its a scene from the movie Never Back Down
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.