Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Metallica is nut rippingly good!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BGv2.0
HOLY SHIT.....if anybody would have told me they had another Master/Justice type album in them....I would have said NO WAY!

This shit is heavy and is the TRUE follow up to Justice.

For anybody interested.....it is worth it.

I just braved Hurricane evacuation traffic to go get it......other people were getting bottled water and canned goods......I got this!

I now have a soundtrack to kick Ike's ass to!

"Show Your Scars"

This will become the battle cry for The White Album! without doubt!
BigG
I kind of like Metallica...I'm not a big fan but I enjoy some of their old songs. Good to know they aren't washed up and still releasing good music. Definitely better than bands like the Jonas Brothers...
JonnyBlaze
Good to know..I'm gonna pick it up..I was always a Metallica fan since I was really young and stopped listening for awhile but still always liked them..
JaRaNDa
If 'The Day That Never Comes' is anything like the rest of the album then I'm impressed (new song which btw the video clip suprisingly blows HARD)!!
The Day That Never Comes have many shades of their old sound, with the heavy guiters, guiter solos, anger and energy! It's about time they fucked off Bob Rock because it's been a while since Metallica has brought out anything meaningful, lets hope this album can deliver the goods!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Sep 13 2008, 05:44 AM) [snapback]404063[/snapback]
If 'The Day That Never Comes' is anything like the rest of the album then I'm impressed (new song which btw the video clip suprisingly blows HARD)!!
The Day That Never Comes have many shades of their old sound, with the heavy guiters, guiter solos, anger and energy! It's about time they fucked off Bob Rock because it's been a while since Metallica has brought out anything meaningful, lets hope this album can deliver the goods!!

I stopped listening to new stuff after the Garage INC. period..Hopefully they found their old ways..
JaRaNDa
JonnyBlaze Posted Yesterday, 09:52 AM
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Sep 13 2008, 05:44 AM)

I stopped listening to new stuff after the Garage INC. period..Hopefully they found their old ways..

I'm not going to lie, I have been listening to all thier albums for a while now and enjoy most the albums. BUT since Bob Rock joined them they have not been the same at all!! Black, Load, Re-Load, Garage Inc, S&M and St Anger! I don't care how successful and important the Black album is or weather I'm in a MASSIVE minority I think that was possibly one of their worst albums they've released!! Now I know the Load album is nothing like the earlier stuff and prehaps the Black album was closer to thier orignal stuff but I think that has been their best album since post 90's. It was a bit more upbeat than their other albums but alot of kick-ass driving songs there lol! Re-load is the album I've had the least to do with and for very good reason!! Garage Inc was not bad..but it's all covers!! S&M was suprisngly good and worked well with the san fran orchestra..BUT no new marterial (besides 2 tracks)!! St Anger was the heaviest stuff they brought out for a while, but drums and snare drums were shocking, not to mention it was the 1st and only album with NO SOLOS!....
....SOOoo fingers crossed for DEATH MAGNETIC!!
JonnyBlaze
Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning are their best 2 albums in my opinion..Justice is their 3 to me..A lot of people will argue this and say Justice is #1..All my friends who like Metallica like Justice the most..Kill em all is really good too..I'm not much of a fan of Garage Inc...I did like Load too..King Nothing is a sweet song..I basically like all their older stuff..
JaRaNDa
JonnyBlaze Posted Today, 02:52 AM
Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning are their best 2 albums in my opinion..Justice is their 3 to me..A lot of people will argue this and say Justice is #1..All my friends who like Metallica like Justice the most..Kill em all is really good too..I'm not much of a fan of Garage Inc...I did like Load too..King Nothing is a sweet song..I basically like all their older stuff..

Nice list! Mine would be something like this
Ride The Lightning
Master Of Puppets
..And Justice For All
Kill Em All
Load
S&M
Garage Inc.
St Anger
Black
Re-Load
thumbsup_anim.gif
I'll be happy if Death Magnetic can reach my top 6 fav Metallica albums
BGv2.0
Seriously if you guys have not gone out and got this....you need to NOW!

If you asked me to list my favorites in order....it would be this.

1.) Garage Days Re-Revisted the 5.98 EP.
2.) Death Magnetic (this might be flipped with Justice due to me really currently enjoying the new disc)
3.) And Justice for all
4.) Ride the Lightning
5.) Master of puppets
6.) Kill Em All
7.) Garage Inc.
8.) Black Album
9.) Re-Load
10.) St. Anger
11.) Load
STEVENSKI
My favourite Metallica is as follows.

Ride the lightning
Master of puppets
Kill em all
The rest of the albums pretty much suck & are ridiculously overproduced & they lost their edge by doing so.

Then again the only consistant metal band from that 80's group is Slayer IMO.
BigG
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 16 2008, 12:30 AM) [snapback]404448[/snapback]
My favourite Metallica is as follows.

Ride the lightning
Master of puppets
Kill em all
The rest of the albums pretty much suck & are ridiculously overproduced & they lost their edge by doing so.

Then again the only consistant metal band from that 80's group is Slayer IMO.

Fuck Metallica they are fake ass rockers and flaming homos compared to this band:

STEVENSKI
BigG I cannot see who they are so who are they?
JaRaNDa
BGv2.0 - Seriously if you guys have not gone out and got this....you need to NOW!

If you asked me to list my favorites in order....it would be this.

1.) Garage Days Re-Revisted the 5.98 EP.
2.) Death Magnetic (this might be flipped with Justice due to me really currently enjoying the new disc)
3.) And Justice for all
4.) Ride the Lightning
5.) Master of puppets
6.) Kill Em All
7.) Garage Inc.
8.) Black Album
9.) Re-Load
10.) St. Anger
11.) Load
Death Magnetic and no.2?????????? Shit this album must really be THAT good!! Or unless you have not be impressed with anything Metallica has ever brought out lol?? Is it true the album has a sound that should have been done inbetween ....Justice for all and the Black albums? I've heard 2 tracks on the album and is way better than anything brought out on their last album!

Fuck Metallica they are fake ass rockers and flaming homos compared to this band:

haha man my blood started to boil as reading that line lol! The only worthy thing this band has done was when the lead singer stacked through that glass door in the entrance of their perfomance in one of the award shows lol!

Hey BGv2.0 what Metallica album would you compare the new one to?? Might have to get it soon!
JonnyBlaze
This new cd is being compared to Justice..I haven't heard the new cd but am gonna pick it up..
STEVENSKI
Is there any notable bass playing in the album? They have one of the best bass players in the industry so I hope they let him contribute to the song writing but I suspect that it will be another Hetfield ego trip.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 16 2008, 01:08 AM) [snapback]404467[/snapback]
Or you can just download it from the link I posted above. Unless you're against stealing music, which I don't have a problem with either.

I'm not against it,but already ordered it when I was ordering some books for school online..It was only 9 bucks soo I thought might as well..Didn't think 9 bucks would really do anymore damage to my bank account than 150 bucks worth of books for ONE class already did!!!
BGv2.0
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Sep 15 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]404456[/snapback]
Hey BGv2.0 what Metallica album would you compare the new one to?? Might have to get it soon!

Many are calling it a modern day Justice.....I hear a LOT of Justice in it, but also a lot of St. Anger in it....it is a very good blend of earlier stuff and St. Anger.....there is next to nothing there from the Black/Load/Re-Load era.
BigJuicyHog
For me its

1) Master
2) Lightning
3) Justice
4) Black
5)Kill em all
6) Load
7) Reload
8) S and M
9) Garage Inc

Not even making the list is St. Anger which was one of the worst pieces of shit I have ever heard. If this new album it better Ill give it a look. After Saint, I thought Metallica was long dead.
BigG
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 16 2008, 02:57 AM) [snapback]404455[/snapback]
BigG I cannot see who they are so who are they?

BGv2.0
Favorite songs on the new album

1.) "Broken, Beat & Scarred"
2.) "All Nightmare Long"
3.) "The Judas Kiss"
rusty_trombone
I wonder if they still wear leather pants. I hope so.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Sep 16 2008, 03:22 PM) [snapback]404496[/snapback]
Not even making the list is St. Anger which was one of the worst pieces of shit I have ever heard. If this new album it better Ill give it a look. After Saint, I thought Metallica was long dead.

St. Anger truely gets a bad rap IMHO. That album suffered from Bob Rock at the knobs more than anything else. If you pay attention to the lyrics it was one of the most personal albums the band ever released. It was also a much heavier album as compared to the other Rock produced fair.

The problem comes with the production.....most people cannot stand the way Lar's snare sounds.....but who let that get passed? Bob Rock!

They wanted to return to their garage roots.....and while the material and music was there to do so.....they let the wrong guy twist the knobs on it. Bob Rock does NOT produce rough, garage heavy metal.....the man produces solid gold, highly polished, money making albums.....he always has and it was a mistake to think he could do otherwise.

If you go to Youtube and look for "Some Kind of Monster remix"......some guy actually took the song and completley reworked it to sound how it should have....and it sounds MUCH better. If the whole album was mixed in that way....it would be a very decent offering.

Death Magnetic is nowhere near St. Anger.....don't let that stop you....you will be missing out if you do.
JaRaNDa
BUMP!
I bought the album close to a month or so from now, and after giving it some serious listening it's safe to say Metallica is back!!
My favourite songs are
"All Nightmare Long"
"Broken, Beat & Scarred"
"Unforgiven III"
"The Day That Never Comes"

Ride The Lightning
Master Of Puppets
..And Justice For All
DEATH MAGNETIC
Kill Em All
Load
S&M
Garage Inc.
St Anger
Black
Re-Load

The closest thing I can compare this album to is a mixture between Ride The Lightning and Saint Anger (it's heavy think sound)

I did not think metallica could bring an album that kicks soo much ass like this one! great album!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Oct 23 2008, 02:42 AM) [snapback]408121[/snapback]
BUMP!
I bought the album close to a month or so from now, and after giving it some serious listening it's safe to say Metallica is back!!
My favourite songs are
"All Nightmare Long"
"Broken, Beat & Scarred"
"Unforgiven III"
"The Day That Never Comes"

Ride The Lightning
Master Of Puppets
..And Justice For All
DEATH MAGNETIC
Kill Em All
Load
S&M
Garage Inc.
St Anger
Black
Re-Load

The closest thing I can compare this album to is a mixture between Ride The Lightning and Saint Anger (it's heavy think sound)

I did not think metallica could bring an album that kicks soo much ass like this one! great album!

I just got the cd awhile ago too and def. agree..I'm actually going to see them live too..
JaRaNDa
Good stuff!! where you seeing them?? I saw them on the St Anger tour and they have STILL got to be the BEST LIVE band I have EVER seen!!! Sure you'll enjoy it!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Oct 25 2008, 02:11 AM) [snapback]408278[/snapback]
Good stuff!! where you seeing them?? I saw them on the St Anger tour and they have STILL got to be the BEST LIVE band I have EVER seen!!! Sure you'll enjoy it!!

I'm gonna see em at Allstate/Rosemont arena in IL..The concert is in January..The best band I've seen live I would have to say is Iron Maiden..Seeing them live made me a big fan..I was a fan before but once I saw em live it was completely different..I've seen a lot of concerts of all kinds of music but I do gotta go with Iron Maiden,they really put on a good show..Actually Alice Cooper puts on one of the best shows too..He is really dope..I just saw him over the summer and he still has it!!They did a lot of dope guitar solos..I've been a Metallica fan since I was a little kid soo I know I'll like the concert..Just hope they play most of my favorites..
JaRaNDa
I'm sure they will play there old stuff because when I saw them they played a 2 & a half hour set (longest set I've been to) so you'll be alright lol! There music should always hold up, let's hope Hedfield's vocals are still there! I've also been to a fair bit of different concerts rock, rap, pop, r'n'b and i think 'performance' wise you can't go past KISS, they had everything from fire, explosions, rockets, drum sticks on fire lol! Chilli Peppers were also one of the best 'live' bands I've seen!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.