Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: De La Hoya announces two more fights after Pacquiao
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
C.Alarid1
Today Oscar De La Hoya was talking to a radio station in spanish and stated that he was planning on fighting two more times after Pacquiao. I have a feeling it will be Margarito and Mayweather.
BigG
I never thought the Pacquiao fight would be his last...hopefully he fights Margarito then retires.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(C.Alarid1 @ Sep 12 2008, 09:18 PM) [snapback]404045[/snapback]
Today Oscar De La Hoya was talking to a radio station in spanish and stated that he was planning on fighting two more times after Pacquiao. I have a feeling it will be Margarito and Mayweather.

Try Mayweather and Hatton, Oscar's in his midget phase don't cha know?

He can't get enough of dem little guys!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 12 2008, 10:43 PM) [snapback]404046[/snapback]
I never thought the Pacquiao fight would be his last...hopefully he fights Margarito then retires.

Margarito will retire his his ass if they fight.
BigG
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Sep 13 2008, 07:00 AM) [snapback]404049[/snapback]
Margarito will retire his his ass if they fight.

Exactly...he knew Pacquiao wouldn't be a good retirement fight but he still wants to win the hearts of mexican fans.
JonnyBlaze
If DLH can go 12 hard rounds with Margarito,I think DLH has a chance to win based on his jab and boxing skills..His skills are wayy superior than Margarito's but it all depends on if DLH can not get gassed and can handle 12 rounds of the most intense pressure he's ever experienced..If DLH never abondons his jab and goes to the body effectively,he could pull off a win..I give the edge to Margarito based on DLH being at the end of his career..
Douchebag
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 13 2008, 04:33 AM) [snapback]404058[/snapback]
If DLH can go 12 hard rounds with Margarito,I think DLH has a chance to win based on his jab and boxing skills..His skills are wayy superior than Margarito's but it all depends on if DLH can not get gassed and can handle 12 rounds of the most intense pressure he's ever experienced..If DLH never abondons his jab and goes to the body effectively,he could pull off a win..I give the edge to Margarito based on DLH being at the end of his career..

hype called this shit a while back. good shit.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Sep 13 2008, 07:42 AM) [snapback]404067[/snapback]
hype called this shit a while back. good shit.

Good to know I got Hype with me on that..hahaha..I was expectin the DLH haters to try to get at me..
Mino
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 13 2008, 08:06 AM) [snapback]404070[/snapback]
Good to know I got Hype with me on that..hahaha..I was expectin the DLH haters to try to get at me..

Fuck De la Homo..I hope lil Manny brings it to his fag ass...
JD
I can't believe Dela Hoya wasn't forthright.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mino @ Sep 13 2008, 08:35 AM) [snapback]404073[/snapback]

hahahaha..Now that's what I expected..DLH has good boxing skills soo ya can't ever count him completely out in any fight..
thehype
As much as I hate to say it, I really have a bad feeling that De La Hoya is going to smoke Pacquiao inside of 6 rounds. In fact, I think he could possibly stop him even sooner than that...maybe some time before round 3. Don't be shocked to see Pacquiao hurt badly with a body shot.

The new exit strategy shouldn't surprise anyone. I'm telling you, the fight that they still want is the Mayweather rematch. As crazy as it sounds, it's still the biggest money fight that can be made as long as Mayweather Sr. is involved. Assuming Oscar beats Manny, he'll have a strong case to be considered the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. While I disagree with that statement, there's going to be a lot of other well-known writers (and fans) who will be quick to elevate him to the #1 spot. Money Mayweather is going to be extremely irritated with the fact that Oscar is sitting on top of the pound-for-pound list again. Mayweather's always been jealous of Oscar...ALWAYS...and Oscar knows that and he's fully aware that a victory over the current P4P king might just be enough to drag Mayweather out of retirement. If it isn't enough, then Oscar will fight Hatton next, assuming Hatton gets past Paulie (which he probably will since Paulie seems so much more hittable since the Cotto fight). Of course, Oscar will probably smoke Hatton even faster than Floyd did since it seems like Hatton is a sucker for the left hook. Even more praise for the Golden Boy...and more irritation for Money Mayweather.

Pacquiao-Hatton-Mayweather or Pacquiao-Mayweather-Anybody he wants...that's his new exit strategy and, quite frankly, it's a pretty easy one if you ask me.
Thegreatequalizer
two more fights? he's going to do a trilogy with pac. or maybe he'll take on jmm to let us know which of them is really better.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(thehype @ Sep 13 2008, 12:26 PM) [snapback]404090[/snapback]
Assuming Oscar beats Manny, he'll have a strong case to be considered the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. While I disagree with that statement, there's going to be a lot of other well-known writers (and fans) who will be quick to elevate him to the #1 spot.

They would be morons if they did.

I agree with the rest though. However DLH-Pac shakes out it all but guarantees the return of Money Mayweather in '09.
thehype
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Sep 13 2008, 01:41 PM) [snapback]404091[/snapback]
two more fights? he's going to do a trilogy with pac. or maybe he'll take on jmm to let us know which of them is really better.

Nope...won't be a trilogy...unless somehow Manny's able to win...which I doubt.

If De La Hoya can earn a split decision loss to Mayweather in a fight that Floyd probably won at least 7 to 8 rounds, then I don't see Pacquiao winning a decision (and I definitely don't think he'll get a knockout). Worst case scenario, De La Hoya wins a controversial split decision against Manny...but I honestly don't think it's going to be close. I really think Oscar is gonna smoke Manny badly...and I hate to say that because I really like Pacquiao. Unfortunately, I think he's biting off way more than he can chew in fighting a guy as big as Oscar...kind of like I thought Oscar was biting off way more than he could chew when he fought Hopkins.

Oscar's gonna smoke him...he just has to make sure it's not too bad so he doesn't get any negative press for destroying a guy so much smaller than him. Regardless, I don't think we'll be seeing any rematch...let alone a trilogy.

But hey...this is boxing we're talking about...stranger things have happened.
thehype
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Sep 13 2008, 01:42 PM) [snapback]404092[/snapback]
They would be morons if they did.

I agree with the rest though. However DLH-Pac shakes out it all but guarantees the return of Money Mayweather in '09.

Then morons they shall be.

Oscar will have to walk a fine line, but I think if Pacquiao looks somewhat competitive for a couple of rounds and De La Hoya ends up finishing the fight with one of those classic De La Hoya flurries or left hooks, then a lot of writers are going to be talking about De La Hoya being back on top. Headlines will read:

"DE LA HOYA CEMENTS HIS LEGACY"

"DE LA HOYA LOOKS DAZZLING IN VICTORY OVER PACQUIAO"

"DE LA HOYA PROVES HIS POUND-FOR-POUND GREATNESS"

"STILL GOLDEN, DE LA HOYA DEFEATS PACQUIAO"

All kinds of De La Hoya nut strokin' will be going on...mark my words.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(thehype @ Sep 13 2008, 02:06 PM) [snapback]404093[/snapback]
Nope...won't be a trilogy...unless somehow Manny's able to win...which I doubt.

If De La Hoya can earn a split decision loss to Mayweather in a fight that Floyd probably won at least 7 to 8 rounds, then I don't see Pacquiao winning a decision (and I definitely don't think he'll get a knockout). Worst case scenario, De La Hoya wins a controversial split decision against Manny...but I honestly don't think it's going to be close. I really think Oscar is gonna smoke Manny badly...and I hate to say that because I really like Pacquiao. Unfortunately, I think he's biting off way more than he can chew in fighting a guy as big as Oscar...kind of like I thought Oscar was biting off way more than he could chew when he fought Hopkins.

Oscar's gonna smoke him...he just has to make sure it's not too bad so he doesn't get any negative press for destroying a guy so much smaller than him. Regardless, I don't think we'll be seeing any rematch...let alone a trilogy.

But hey...this is boxing we're talking about...stranger things have happened.

i don't know. i think oscar is gonna get smoked and then he's gonna need a rematch to redeem himself and then a rubbermatch to prove himself as the best 147 lb. lightweight in the world!!!!

but seriously, i agree. i don't think manny's got a prayer in this one. de la hoya is just too big.

i guess all that retirement talk from dlh was bullshit just like everything else that dude says.
dbdbdb
I said it one .... I'll say it again.

DLH is nothing but a GLORY-HOG, he's unsure about himself and his abilities so he hunts down a much smaller man {Pac-Man} to feed his gigantic ego, instead of fighting Margarito. Sure its a money fight, but its not really about the money. DLH is only interested in his so-called legacy. His ego was supposed to be satisfied with a win over PBF, but since that didn't happen, he's still trying to go out a winner.

Now to be clear, I think DLH has had a great career and is deserving of Hall Of Fame status ... NO DOUBT. But ever since the establishment of GBP, he's been starving for more. {Who knows why?} Maybe its because of his stable-mates that the "WHO'S THE GREATEST LEGEND" has been taken to an all-time new level. Now B-Hop, Mosley & DLH are all trying to conclude their careers on winning notes and prove to the others that "I'm the BIGGEST LEGEND IN GPB". {Its Sickening} And all of them {DLH, B-HOP, Mosley} are guilty. I honestly don't know how you can manage with three SUPER-SIZED EGOS in the same group.

I know I'm spittin in the wind with this one, but I do hope that Pac-Man upsets DLH. Because his ego seems to be twice the size of both B-hop & Mosley's.

So, The Bullshit, from DLH will continue to spew out until he can finally retire as a winner ..... So, this announcement is just the means to that end.

GBP = EGOTISTICAL MANIACS COLLECTIVE
D-MARV
QUOTE(C.Alarid1 @ Sep 12 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]404045[/snapback]
Today Oscar De La Hoya was talking to a radio station in spanish and stated that he was planning on fighting two more times after Pacquiao.

Why am I not surprised... rolleyes.gif
BigG
I was hoping to DLH would retire after Pacman..I'm just tired of his ass....

DLH was the reason a few fights between other good fighters didn't happen.
JonnyBlaze
I also didn't wanna say this but I think Pac-man could get smashed in 6 rounds..DLH is gonna show him whats up and quickly..Pac-man has NEVER felt a punch like DLH has..I think DLH's right hand will set up his left hook and end it..I don't think it'll be easy at first to land the left hook since Pac-man is a southpaw but once he finds the home,it's all over I think..I'm a huge Pac-man fan soo it sucks to have to say this but it's logic to me..Pac-man needs to build up neck and leg muscles for this fight more than anything(to take a better punch)..Neck muscles are soo important when it comes to taking a punch..Leg muscles are more for taking the punch and not getting rubber legs..Also,lets hope Pac-man gets a steel plate implanted in him over his liver to protect it from the left hook to the body shot by DLH..
Maxy
It's a stupid fight.

Can't even believe its happening. If its come down to this sorta crap then what the fuckin' point?
BigG
Why fight mayweather again? Mayweather would just school his ass AGAIN
streetlion1
Whoever he fights it will probably be low risk. I know he is just waiting for Gayweather...but I dont think the other fight will be Hatton since I have him losing to Paulie. So who else in the DLH sweepstakes? He should fight Margarito and even though I see Oscar easily out-boxing him to a decision the fight wont happen. So who...Cotto? I havent heard any word on Cotto but that would be a mega fight with a smaller less skilled opponent. Who knows?

Is this the De La Hoya Hater Convention??.....The man is one of the few fighters who have stepped up and fought all comers. People try to bring up Winky and Forrest....but name a guy besides Mosley who wasnt duckin Wink at the time. Forrest got smashed by Mayorga of all people so he doesnt deserve to be mentioned.

You have 2 champs calling Oscar out. Marg. and Pacman both want that DLH payday but there is a difference. Marg. is asking for the fight not only for the money but to avoid a rematch with PW. Then you have Manny saying he can knock Oscar out with Freddie Roach in the background. 2 champions came to him and he chose the bigger star...not the harder fight. He is on the back end of his career and has nothing left to prove.

Oscar also is trying to build his record. He beats the current P4P Manny Pac....then ????....Then beats the uncrowned P4P Gayweather with the pretty boys own daddy in his corner.

Love that shit DLH Haters thumbsup_anim.gif
pinoyini
QUOTE(Mino @ Sep 13 2008, 07:35 AM) [snapback]404073[/snapback]

Pacquiao would have a legitimate chance to win. Remember all those flush blows Steve Forbes landed on De La Hoya's face? Now imagine it being the faster, more powerful southpaw Pacquiao? All you haters out there: Lighten up. fuck.gif
STEVENSKI
I am really really starting to hate DLH. Regardless of the result Pac gets props for me for having the balls & brains to take on a much bigger man for a well deserved payday.
BigG
Hopefully Pac doesnt have a hard time losing weight after this fight. He'd get crushed at 147
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 13 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]404154[/snapback]
Why fight mayweather again? Mayweather would just school his ass AGAIN

No doubt..DLH's only chance is his jab..That was his best weapon in the Mayweather fight but he abandoned it and looked like shit..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(pinoyini @ Sep 14 2008, 07:36 AM) [snapback]404315[/snapback]
Pacquiao would have a legitimate chance to win. Remember all those flush blows Steve Forbes landed on De La Hoya's face? Now imagine it being the faster, more powerful southpaw Pacquiao? All you haters out there: Lighten up. fuck.gif

Pac-man is more powerful at lower weights,it's not certain the power will transer to Welterweight even though he weighed 147 on fight night in his last fight..This time he will be weighing in around 147 and than probably gain weight over night..There are too many questions in this fight and they all revolve around Pac-man in my opinion..Who knows..
STEVENSKI
I can't believe you have that old perv Newman in your avatar Fitz.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 14 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]404356[/snapback]
Hopefully Pac doesnt have a hard time losing weight after this fight. He'd get crushed at 147

pac vs. paul williams in '09!
King Eugene
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Sep 15 2008, 12:40 PM) [snapback]404401[/snapback]
pac vs. paul williams in '09!

Pac by Split Decision LMAO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.